TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

"Official" POLICE & Police Commisioner Related Matters thread ...

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

pugboy
TunerGod

Re: "Official" GARY GRIFFITH & POLICE related matters thread ...

Postby pugboy » October 26th, 2021, 1:31 pm

a new cop needs to admit that ful dept is not only corrupt but predatory which is the worst part

he will need to put proper systems for applicants to track their applications to know where they stand and not be in a black hole waiting on a response

hover11
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby hover11 » October 26th, 2021, 1:42 pm

Right now a FUL application like a HDC application only how you getting through is greasing the wheels of the right person

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » October 26th, 2021, 1:46 pm

how much a hdc grease does cost ?

88sins
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby 88sins » October 26th, 2021, 1:55 pm

pugboy wrote:a new cop needs to admit that ful dept is not only corrupt but predatory which is the worst part

he will need to put proper systems for applicants to track their applications to know where they stand and not be in a black hole waiting on a response

fixing a corrupted system and retaining the rotten people within said system will only ultimately lead to the corruption of the new system. Then yuh back to square one

What's truly needed, is a Firearms Licensing Board whose sole function is to issue or deny licensing applications or revoke licenses as may be necessary, keep records on who owns what weapons and the identifying marks of those weapons, (striker markings on primers, bullet striations etc) ENTIRELY INDEPENDENT OF THE TTPS & Nat. Sec. Can have one in each division, so that applications can be vetted & approved or denied in a timely manner, as opposed to what's been the norm for the last 50+years, one man trying to see about 5000 applications a year and his underlings holding back applications until they get what they feel they want for doing the job they are already being paid to do. Having multiple boards in different regions will also serve to show where there is a possibility of corrupt practices taking place, so that these can be investigated and dealt with in a timely manner as well.

But this is T&T, nothing that makes sense can happen here, because to put it kindly this is a nation run by asses, populated by idiots, and doomed to failure in practically every aspect of its existence.

16 cycles
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby 16 cycles » October 26th, 2021, 2:02 pm

legalize it for law abiding folks (right to "bear arms")....take away the bobol

hover11
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby hover11 » October 26th, 2021, 2:09 pm

16 cycles wrote:legalize it for law abiding folks (right to "bear arms")....take away the bobol
X3000

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby MaxPower » October 26th, 2021, 3:04 pm

hover11 wrote:
16 cycles wrote:legalize it for law abiding folks (right to "bear arms")....take away the bobol
X3000

Too many Trinis with FULs is definitely not a good idea.

Enough of them have as the situation is currently manageable.

Let us not “legalize it” for our oh soooo “law abiding” Trinidadians to make a mess of it for everyone else.

The majority of the population is just too irresponsible for every tom dick and harrylal to have a FUL.

sam1978
Riding on 16's

Postby sam1978 » October 26th, 2021, 3:10 pm

Max , I want one to deal with those illegal Vene criminals. One shot one kill. Like Bop.

sam1978
Riding on 16's

Postby sam1978 » October 26th, 2021, 3:13 pm

They should make it like licensing dept. walk with two forms of ID and your fee, get a learners . Go back after and get your FUL once you pass the test. Only restriction should be a criminal record.

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby MaxPower » October 26th, 2021, 3:46 pm

sam1978 wrote:Max , I want one to deal with those illegal Vene criminals. One shot one kill. Like Bop.

Sam,

I agree that we must deal with the criminals.

What about the Trini criminals?

hover11
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby hover11 » October 26th, 2021, 3:50 pm

MaxPower wrote:
sam1978 wrote:Max , I want one to deal with those illegal Vene criminals. One shot one kill. Like Bop.

Sam,

Max,

Crime will lessen due to the fact a man will think twice to rob or attempt to attack another man due to the deterrent that everyone will have access to firearms

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » October 26th, 2021, 3:53 pm

realistically nothing will change with this FUL bobol, it will probably go back to go slow system
few are ever willing to make serious changes in this country
except when it fattens them and their friends pockets.

88sins
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby 88sins » October 26th, 2021, 4:02 pm

Can't have too much freeness where every clown with a few dollars and an ID can have access to small arms. That will be easily abused and then chaos will ensue.

But if every eligible homeowner or business owner/operator is allowed to keep a shotgun at their residence and a pistol on their person, well yes I can see that as a step in the right direction. Eligibility should also be tied to employment status. Not a good sign that Kwame/Vijai want a pistol but works nowhere for the last 5 years and living in a rented apt or he mudda house.

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby MaxPower » October 26th, 2021, 4:05 pm

88sins wrote:Can't have too much freeness where every clown with a few dollars and an ID can have access to small arms. That will be easily abused and then chaos will ensue.

But if every eligible homeowner or business owner/operator is allowed to keep a shotgun at their residence and a pistol on their person, well yes I can see that as a step in the right direction. Eligibility should also be tied to employment status. Not a good sign that Kwame/Vijai want a pistol but works nowhere for the last 5 years and living in a rented apt or he mudda house.

X3000

sam1978
Riding on 16's

Re:

Postby sam1978 » October 26th, 2021, 4:28 pm

MaxPower wrote:

Sam,

Well yeah. Instant corn for them . Most of those local bandits don’t want to work . They use poverty as an excuse but have money to buy guns and outfit, give their girls for weave and nails. The same money could be invested in a lil cart or barrel to sell water , drinks etc but they want to distress hardworking people. The next set who don’t use violence only finding ways to outsmart , con, promise and sell dreams.

SuperiorMan
punchin NOS

Re: Re:

Postby SuperiorMan » October 26th, 2021, 4:32 pm

sam1978 wrote:
MaxPower wrote:

Sam,

Well yeah. Instant corn for them . Most of those local bandits don’t want to work . They use poverty as an excuse but have money to buy guns and outfit, give their girls for weave and nails. The same money could be invested in a lil cart or barrel to sell water , drinks etc but they want to distress hardworking people. The next set who don’t use violence only finding ways to outsmart , con, promise and sell dreams.

Most of Trinidad is like this. It is a shithole.

De Dragon
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby De Dragon » October 26th, 2021, 9:47 pm

pugboy wrote:most certainly an instruction from higher up in govt

he is only leading as interim because he is highest ranking left, not even acting cop so unlikely he trying to setup his own style or mongoose gang

but the excuse to save money nobody could argue with that

Or by appearing willing to carry out the instructions from higher up, does it position him better for when the PolSC is reformed and a CoP is to be appointed?
For all the laws to streamline the process and to make it appear to be free of interference, we have painfully seen that exposed as a huge fallacy. If the PM, AG, PolSC Chair and even the President, could find themselves involved in subverting the process, then we might as well just have the ruling party appoint a CoP :roll:

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » October 26th, 2021, 9:56 pm

We knew that from the start,
Wasn’t he 4th on the holy merit list the last time ?

There was talk ferris and stuey helped to get him in and also to get the other clown out of natsec at the same time.
How things have soured, now he like a woman scorned.

De Dragon wrote:
pugboy wrote:most certainly an instruction from higher up in govt

he is only leading as interim because he is highest ranking left, not even acting cop so unlikely he trying to setup his own style or mongoose gang

but the excuse to save money nobody could argue with that

Or by appearing willing to carry out the instructions from higher up, does it position him better for when the PolSC is reformed and a CoP is to be appointed?
For all the laws to streamline the process and to make it appear to be free of interference, we have painfully seen that exposed as a huge fallacy. If the PM, AG, PolSC Chair and even the President, could find themselves involved in subverting the process, then we might as well just have the ruling party appoint a CoP :roll:

eliteauto
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby eliteauto » October 26th, 2021, 10:05 pm

Isn't the COP approved by parliamentary vote? So in essence the COP is appointed by the ruling party

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » October 26th, 2021, 10:28 pm

eliteauto wrote:Isn't the COP approved by parliamentary vote? So in essence the COP is appointed by the ruling party
Yes and it makes way for the red government to install a puppet that will spy and harass the opposition just as they did with Panday.

The only reason they installed Gary in the first place was to easy the non red government voter mind, but look how that turned as we are seeing today.

Come on eliteauto-tuntun stop pushing your 5hit

GG is a Tun Tun, he had all the emailgate info and failed to act on it . Red government knew what they was doing

Trinidad in a mess as total red control on Courts, DPP, CoP, Spy agencies, all institutions are red controlled.

5hit Cont tree filled with red idiots

j.o.e
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Postby j.o.e » October 26th, 2021, 10:45 pm

sam1978 wrote:They should make it like licensing dept. walk with two forms of ID and your fee, get a learners . Go back after and get your FUL once you pass the test. Only restriction should be a criminal record.

This would make sense if our police system didn’t have such a poor rate of solving crimes. Once you don’t get caught you are not a criminal. Most criminals don’t get caught.
But I agree the system should be freed up with no bobol.

hover11
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby hover11 » October 27th, 2021, 6:19 am

eliteauto wrote:Isn't the COP approved by parliamentary vote? So in essence the COP is appointed by the ruling party
Aren't all state boards as well how can an entity have a vision or sense of direction when every 5 years you change heads?

88sins
TriniTuner 24-7

Re:

Postby 88sins » October 27th, 2021, 6:21 am

j.o.e wrote:
sam1978 wrote:They should make it like licensing dept. walk with two forms of ID and your fee, get a learners . Go back after and get your FUL once you pass the test. Only restriction should be a criminal record.

This would make sense if our police system didn’t have such a poor rate of solving crimes. Once you don’t get caught you are not a criminal. Most criminals don’t get caught.
But I agree the system should be freed up with no bobol.

This country runs on the 3 B's. Bacchanal, Bull5#!t & Bobol, the last one being the driving force behind the economy.
If we get rid of Bobol, this country might collapse.

Like I said, having firearms licenses issued in a similar manner to LO gonna lead to problems and racket, where anyone with a few dollars and an ID card can have access to weapons. Plenty criminals have access to ID and a few dollars. Even fake ID and stolen dollars.

That's why, for it to work and minimalize the possibility of corruption, what's needed are a system that has absolutely zero ttps inputs, is standardized, open and transparent, and qualifications that are made publicly known, and interested people must prove that they qualify before they are granted a license. Persons should be gainfully employed for the last 5 years, live at the same residence during that time, own a property or business, no history of violence or criminal activity or affiliation with convicted criminals, have insurance in the event of a wrongful shooting, have their mental stability or lack thereof established, etc. These are just some of the things that can be done that will will weed out the undesirables from even trying to acquire legal weapons and possibly using them for illegal purposes such as murder, robberies, renting out or selling their weapons or ammunition to criminals, etc.

Anything else short of having people qualify to keep weapons, especially pistols, is going to end up in a whole big mess.

timelapse
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby timelapse » October 27th, 2021, 7:09 am

Monk BANzai wrote:
hover11 wrote:Waiting for civilian GG responseFB_IMG_1635186487665.jpg

I think as a country and society we are just unaccustomed to "Change Management Strategy" brought in to bear/execute a particular agenda because of a degree of trust and momentum and familiarity of expectations.

To me GG's "hires" were standard. That it's/was being kept under the radar for so long does not make it wrong. Ultimately these contracts were just that.... contract which means it was short-term.

It's 101 Strategy at work.. You cant work within the bureaucratic (sp) system you've inherited. If you're looking for rapid change and you have the authority to bring in a Change Management Team, do so. This has nothing to do with the existing "chain of command within a clearly tinged system. If there is a framework for a change agenda is precisely why persons from outside would and should be brought into the system to affect the types of outcomes you looking for.

Of course, there are those who are in the TTPS who would see it differently and say that with these positions being freed up it makes for promotion within the service. But if there are questionable elements within the service, how would putting already tarnished persons in those positions contribute to assist with proper un-biased Change Management?

These are not padded roles...If anything some positions I've seen are substantially underpaid for the roles. Y'all are trying to liken it to some corrupt practice but at the end of the day, all of the examples given are demonstrated by roles that require some specific outcomes. There is a difference in the complexion of the service (good or bad depending on who you ask) and for the last 3 years, you can't deny that there has been a change. This can only happen from persons not fettered within the existing structure..... those brought in were not core TTPS persons.

Nothing out of the ordinary to me. But meem knows nothing of the TTPS inner workings (something which we're not giving enough credence to: the public's lack of information on the subject in it's entirety) ...I've worked with GG and S. Edgehill within the Energy Space before they transitioned to Gov't but that's like saying you're basing the entire Star Wars series on one installment....foolish...Those in the know or have access to more information or a position of knowledge you are free to disagree....And I only commenting from a position of Change Management.

So ease up on the keyboard grenades y'all want to pelt at this contribution. Those who know me know I don't debate.
When the monk talk, you should listen.
I agree with you 100%.
You forgot the part where people too damn fass and feel they supposed to know the colour of GG drawers every day because 'tax payers money is his salary'.
Is a police position with police decisions to be made that have to be done with a level or privacy and sometimes secrecy for the safety of firstly the officers and secondly so that the criminals don't know what is going on.
But this is Trinidad.Whatsapp your drug dealing,gun toting kidnapper pardna and tell them when and where there are roadblocks so that he can avoid being caught.
We rather discuss politics online and try to appear intelligent than tackle crime on a personal level.

De Dragon
TriniTuner 24-7

Re:

Postby De Dragon » October 27th, 2021, 7:39 am

hover11 wrote:
Aren't all state boards as well how can an entity have a vision or sense of direction when every 5 years you change heads?

A Service Commission is different from a State Board, and those appointments are made by the President to preserve impartiality, independence and resist political interference. What we saw in actuality, was a supposedly independent commission betraying their mandate, aided and abetted either through willful actions, or incompetence from the PM, President and Chair.
Bliss overstepped her bounds, and did what she had ZERO authority to do as was borne out by the High Court ruling
The PM allegedly interfered directly in the process by having a meeting with Bliss, Weekes on the merit list after which it was illegally/improperly rescinded
The President facilitated an improper meeting with allegedly JUHN Scarfy and Bliss.
All these actions resulted in a circumvention of the Constitution, and the law, no matter what sheit LFD RFD PNM slinging "duty" and "loss of confidence"

hover11
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby hover11 » October 27th, 2021, 7:41 am

De Dragon wrote:
hover11 wrote:

A Service Commission is different from a State Board, and those appointments are made by the President to preserve impartiality, independence and resist political interference. What we saw in actuality, was a supposedly independent commission betraying their mandate, aided and abetted either through willful actions, or incompetence from the PM, President and Chair.
Bliss overstepped her bounds, and did what she had ZERO authority to do as was borne out by the High Court ruling
The PM allegedly interfered directly in the process by having a meeting with Bliss, Weekes on the merit list after which it was illegally/improperly rescinded
The President facilitated an improper meeting with allegedly JUHN Scarfy and Bliss.
All these actions resulted in a circumvention of the Constitution, and the law, no matter what sheit LFD RFD PNM slinging "duty" and "loss of confidence"
So why nobody making a jail this is blantant misbehavior in public office at the very least

hover11
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby hover11 » October 27th, 2021, 8:03 am

Ex workers seeking full payment of their contracts which they are obligated to could cost taxpayers Millions....taxpayers as usual getting shaft

Dizzy28
TriniTuner 24-7

Re:

Postby Dizzy28 » October 27th, 2021, 8:33 am

hover11 wrote:Ex workers seeking full payment of their contracts which they are obligated to could cost taxpayers Millions....taxpayers as usual getting shaft

As per the article
"One line in the termination letters, signed by Jacob stated “you will be compensated for the unexpired period of your contract. In trying to make sense of the termination letter, one worker said “the understanding is that we would be paid for whatever is outstanding on our contracts. That was part of the communication. But to our surprise, no terms and conditions were given.”
https://www.cnc3.co.tt/fired-ttps-worke ... contracts/

They know they are getting the full payment as its in the letter of termination. They are seeking the monies in a onetime lump sum and not monthly till the end date of the contract.

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » October 27th, 2021, 8:39 am

no problem
let them come to work and do security work in parking lots etc for their monthly salary
ttps could subcontract them as security guard and ting

Dizzy28 wrote:
hover11 wrote:Ex workers seeking full payment of their contracts which they are obligated to could cost taxpayers Millions....taxpayers as usual getting shaft

As per the article
"One line in the termination letters, signed by Jacob stated “you will be compensated for the unexpired period of your contract. In trying to make sense of the termination letter, one worker said “the understanding is that we would be paid for whatever is outstanding on our contracts. That was part of the communication. But to our surprise, no terms and conditions were given.”
https://www.cnc3.co.tt/fired-ttps-worke ... contracts/

They know they are getting the full payment as its in the letter of termination. They are seeking the monies in a onetime lump sum and not monthly till the end date of the contract.

Redman
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Redman » October 27th, 2021, 8:56 am

TTPS should keep these guys on- and get their madate from them-work them fairly and get as much out of them.

Keeping them/firing them with payout is revenue neutral.

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”