TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

"Official" POLICE & Police Commisioner Related Matters thread ...

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Re: "Official" POLICE & Police Commisioner Related Matters thread ...

Postby MaxPower » December 8th, 2022, 9:29 pm

timelapse wrote:The best way to keep crime under control is to have a good intelligence system.You can't put the word intelligence and TTPS in the same sentence.You also can't put cyat to watch butter.

Well said.

A good intelligence system managed by determined and uncorrupted individuals.

redmanjp
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby redmanjp » December 12th, 2022, 3:57 pm

was at a neighborhood watch meeting dealing with crime in our area- a rep from a security company told us that if you have a whatsapp group for neighborhood crime watches the First Division officer in your area would be joining it so they would know of any activities posted.
e.g. strange characters, vehicles, etc. If a number plate is posted then they can quickly check if vehicle was stolen recently.

Chimera
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Chimera » December 12th, 2022, 4:02 pm

In aranguez they have a neighborhood watch group on whatsapp. and it has a bunch of police in the chat. Within seconds they does organise a response once persons post issues.

They've caught alot of bandits with that in the past several months.

timelapse
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby timelapse » December 12th, 2022, 4:27 pm

redmanjp wrote:was at a neighborhood watch meeting dealing with crime in our area- a rep from a security company told us that if you have a whatsapp group for neighborhood crime watches the First Division officer in your area would be joining it so they would know of any activities posted.
e.g. strange characters, vehicles, etc. If a number plate is posted then they can quickly check if vehicle was stolen recently.
I want zero police officers in any neighborhood watch group that I would be in.That leaves room for them tipping off their criminal friends.

redmanjp
TriniTuner 24-7

Re:

Postby redmanjp » December 12th, 2022, 4:45 pm

timelapse wrote:
redmanjp wrote:was at a neighborhood watch meeting dealing with crime in our area- a rep from a security company told us that if you have a whatsapp group for neighborhood crime watches the First Division officer in your area would be joining it so they would know of any activities posted.
I want zero police officers in any neighborhood watch group that I would be in.That leaves room for them tipping off their criminal friends.

first division=very high ranking officer

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby MaxPower » December 12th, 2022, 5:09 pm

timelapse wrote:I want zero police officers in any neighborhood watch group that I would be in.That leaves room for them tipping off their criminal friends.

Exactly, they cannot be trusted.

Times, even when u had call them pigs to report the Venezuelans, they probably referred to you as the neighborhood sellout.

timelapse
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby timelapse » December 12th, 2022, 5:51 pm

MaxPower wrote:
timelapse wrote:I want zero police officers in any neighborhood watch group that I would be in.That leaves room for them tipping off their criminal friends.

Exactly, they cannot be trusted.

Times, even when u had call them pigs to report the Venezuelans, they probably referred to you as the neighborhood sellout.
I had to request out of area squad,as the Chaguanas station supports the local houses of ill repute.Facts.Literally within walking distance of the Chaguanas station is a bar where women literally make fares in the street.

Rovin
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Rovin » December 12th, 2022, 5:52 pm

:| :| :|

https://trinidadexpress.com/newsextra/a ... cU-t_aFks8

A nephew of Ag CoP Jacob held for murder of ex-police officer

Acting Commissioner of Police Mc Donald Jacob has confirmed that one of the men arrested by police after the murder of a former police officer in Penal on Monday morning is his nephew.

Speaking to the Express, Jacob said that the 33-year-old of Princes Town was known to be involved in illicit activities since he was a teenager and has also been charged several times in the past by the police officers who are aware he is his nephew.
McDonald Jacob

:‘A gathering of forces’: McDonald Jacob

He said he did not socialize him but he and other family members had spoken to him and efforts have continuously been made “to get him out of that life that he got himself involved in”. These efforts have included the intervention of Jacob’s sister, a pastor. “She has been working with him but he still continued. He is now 33 years and he made a rational choice to be involved in crime, that has no connection to me … He made his decisions so let the chips fall where they may.”

Former constable Syed Mohammed was shot dead outside his Katwaroo Trace home around 9.15 a.m. on Monday.

The father of three was pronounced dead at the scene.

Shortly after the shooting, police intercepted a car with false number plates in Penal. Two men, one from Princes Town and another from Orange Valley, near Carapichaima were arrested. A gun was also found, a police report stated.

alfa
Shifting into 6th

Postby alfa » December 12th, 2022, 6:42 pm

Rovin wrote::| :| :|

https://trinidadexpress.com/newsextra/a ... cU-t_aFks8

A nephew of Ag CoP Jacob held for murder of ex-police officer

Acting Commissioner of Police Mc Donald Jacob has confirmed that one of the men arrested by police after the murder of a former police officer in Penal on Monday morning is his nephew.

Speaking to the Express, Jacob said that the 33-year-old of Princes Town was known to be involved in illicit activities since he was a teenager and has also been charged several times in the past by the police officers who are aware he is his nephew.
McDonald Jacob

:‘A gathering of forces’: McDonald Jacob

He said he did not socialize him but he and other family members had spoken to him and efforts have continuously been made “to get him out of that life that he got himself involved in”. These efforts have included the intervention of Jacob’s sister, a pastor. “She has been working with him but he still continued. He is now 33 years and he made a rational choice to be involved in crime, that has no connection to me … He made his decisions so let the chips fall where they may.”

Former constable Syed Mohammed was shot dead outside his Katwaroo Trace home around 9.15 a.m. on Monday.

The father of three was pronounced dead at the scene.

Shortly after the shooting, police intercepted a car with false number plates in Penal. Two men, one from Princes Town and another from Orange Valley, near Carapichaima were arrested. A gun was also found, a police report stated.

As usual I feeling there's more to this story. Two men leave princess town and carapichaima to put a hit on a police in penal, nothing taken and then skate. Nah man

rollingstock
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby rollingstock » December 12th, 2022, 7:13 pm

You want the real facts?

Oh wait you a nobody on an anonymous online forum.

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » December 12th, 2022, 7:19 pm

they have witnesses showing these chaps as the ones pulling the trigger ?
have to prove that otherwise its just some guys held in a car with a gun

alfa
Shifting into 6th

Postby alfa » December 12th, 2022, 8:10 pm

rollingstock wrote:You want the real facts?

Nah I was just curious, meen really care. Maybe police go get serious on crime now that one of their own fall prey. They find vehicles to go on the scene real fast though unlike when nobody's like me call :roll:

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby MaxPower » December 12th, 2022, 8:25 pm

alfa wrote:

Nah I was just curious, meen really care. Maybe police go get serious on crime now that one of their own fall prey. They find vehicles to go on the scene real fast though unlike when nobody's like me call :roll:

Well, they would give their all into finding those who harm their own.

Gun down a citizen na….see their approach.

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » December 12th, 2022, 8:50 pm

So farmer saying he know bout the boy and nothing he could do,
What does that say for the rest of the criminals he supposed to be tackling?

timelapse
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby timelapse » December 12th, 2022, 8:55 pm

MaxPower wrote:
alfa wrote:

Well, they would give their all into finding those who harm their own.

Gun down a citizen na….see their approach.
It is alleged that the perpetrator had dark tint.

Rovin
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Rovin » December 16th, 2022, 12:15 pm

so it have 2 police horses on patrol in chaguanas ... i sure it on social media

Rovin
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Rovin » December 17th, 2022, 10:56 am

:shock: :shock: :shock: .... at least this woman brutally honest eh , shud make she d commish as its time we tried a female .... old mcd might boof she up when he get back from vacation :lol:

https://newsday.co.tt/2022/12/17/acting ... A.facebook

Acting police commissioner concedes: CAN'T STOP 600 MURDERS

WHILE acting Commissioner of Police (CoP) Erla Christopher describes it as "fact" that the murder toll would reach 600 this year, she has called on women to understand their influence in the fight against crime and criminality.

In a plea to women, during a media briefing on Friday afternoon at the Police Administration Building, Port of Spain, Christopher said, “It is important because I know within the national community they are focusing on the fact that we would reach 600 murders but we as women have that ability, authority to influence.”

“We cannot do it alone. And as we come to the end of this year I want to appeal to our females. I am speaking to mothers, wives, sisters and aunts. We hold a position of influence. We can influence the mind of all the young men who are bent on living a life of crime. We can influence all those young men who are hired as shooters, all these young men who display disrespect for life.

As of Friday afternoon, TT recorded 577 murders. Nine murders happened in Tobago.

A large percentage of the murders this year were gang-related and involved illegal firearms.

Christopher said, “Information alone does not slow (down) crime. We need evidence. In the absence of technical evidence, I am appealing to the community if they have information please inform us."

She said assistance from officers coming off of leave has significantly boosted the presence and helped the operations of officers.

She further called on seniors within the community to reflect on their contribution over the past 12 months to help keep crime down.

It’s been one week since the Police Service Commission appointed Christopher to the position. At the briefing, she had little to say about her first week acting as commissioner in place of McDonald Jacob who is currently on 35-days vacation.

She simply described it as interesting. Asked how she feels to take on the position at a time when the murder toll is sky-rocketing, she assured the country it was not a daunting task for her. “...It’s not an impossible task and we are sure that as a leadership team we will continue to implement strategies that will mitigate against that. So, let’s wait and see.”

She believes her appointment was timely.

“I know what women bring to general life. I know the important role we play so the position is not daunting. As a matter of fact, I think probably it’s the right time to have that female leadership.”

In July, Jacob said it will take more than a sustained, rigid, crime-fighting approach to break the increasing murder toll. At that time Jacob assured the public that the police are working to keep this year’s toll below the 440 average for the last 15 years.

According to the TTPS website, the Northern Division has reported the highest number of murders this year with the Central Division trailing behind.

The Northern Division also had the highest incident-reports this year. There have been over 2,000 incident-reports ranging from larceny, break-ins, murders, domestic abuse, wounding, and kidnapping, among others coming out of that division.

In May, Jacob said police have been noticing an increase in home invasions. For this year, there have been 133 in the Southern Division, 128 in the Northern Division and 126 in Central, totalling 631.

For the same period in 2021, there had been 623 home invasions. Christopher said police are doing all in their power to tackle this problem.

Throughout the year police turned to several crime-fighting initiatives to reduce murders.

Some of them were criticised by Police Social and Welfare Association head ASP Gideon Dickson who questioned whether Jacob’s crime plan would allow officers to work smarter and not harder after an additional 60 officers were called out to duty and all leave requests had been cancelled to get "more boots on the ground.”

As murders crossed 500 in October, Jacob urged his officers to remain resilient and called on citizens for help. But despite these and other efforts, the number of murders continued on an upward trajectory.

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » December 17th, 2022, 12:40 pm

she not on the same page as heinz and farmer
she looking to never get promoted again with statements like that

Cantmis
punchin NOS

Postby Cantmis » December 17th, 2022, 12:55 pm

Some people comfortable in their position and don't want movement, less work and accountability.

hover11
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby hover11 » December 17th, 2022, 1:17 pm

This, look how much fire and scrutiny COP does be under, if you could get a nice position in the background with similar benefits why not take it
Cantmis wrote:Some people comfortable in their position and don't want movement, less work and accountability.

Rovin
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Rovin » December 17th, 2022, 2:38 pm

if i not mistaken isnt she either an ASP or an inspector so she cant much higher other being d commish , what can they do her besides ask her to retire early in which she will still get all her benefits jes earlier

when those female high ranking officers used to come on beyond the tape imo they all sounded very sincere even more than their male counterparts , so imo i doubt we get any worst performers so lewwe try some women for a change ... only 1 way to know

VII
punchin NOS

Postby VII » December 17th, 2022, 2:53 pm

Wow one article and she done do more than what old Mac do so far in his tenure...she has told the truth about the situation and at the same time remained positive with the understanding that more has to be done and actually sounds like she has a plan .

She's smarter than Hinds and Jacob combined..

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » December 17th, 2022, 4:19 pm

she certainly seem smarter but like she don’t know which dj music she supposed to be dancing to

maj. tom
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby maj. tom » December 20th, 2022, 7:37 pm

I think the acting CoP was onto something when she talked about women influencing their men in a family setting, but I also feel she will get vacationed for trying new ideas. Will take 15 to 20 years to work too, which is how long we took to get here btw, it wasn't overnight.

bluefete
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby bluefete » December 21st, 2022, 4:12 pm

When picking up Bae(s) is (are) more important than solving crime:

https://www.facebook.com/photo/?fbid=53 ... 4775025169

eliteauto
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby eliteauto » December 21st, 2022, 4:20 pm

So why that could not be:
A) other TTPS personnel
B) persons in protection
C) community policing
Etc.
Plenty assuming for cool kid social media points oui

bluefete
TriniTuner 24-7

Re:

Postby bluefete » December 21st, 2022, 4:22 pm

eliteauto wrote:So why that could not be:
A) other TTPS personnel
B) persons in protection
C) community policing
Etc.

Point B I could go with.

But wait nah, this is T&T, not the USA.

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » December 21st, 2022, 4:28 pm

the only guess I could surmise is that them cops on overtime and really working long shift and needed to pickup family or such.
but given track record I not sure

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby MaxPower » December 21st, 2022, 5:07 pm

A) other TTPS personnel
B) persons in protection
C) community policing
Etc.

Really?

And there isn’t any valid reasoning for the assumptions?

Soldier with this corruptive, careless and incompetent police force you cannot blame the citizens for their assumptions which are correct 95% of the time.

timelapse
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby timelapse » December 21st, 2022, 5:22 pm

MaxPower wrote:
A) other TTPS personnel
B) persons in protection
C) community policing
Etc.

Really?

And there isn’t any valid reasoning for the assumptions?

Soldier with this corruptive, careless and incompetent police force you cannot blame the citizens for their assumptions which are correct 95% of the time.
Yeah like a possible hostage situation where Officers had to use siren and lights to reach in the KFC drive through.Same rule applies to police from civilians as civilians from police.Guilty even if proven innocent.Do so don't like so

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”