TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

Sedition Act struck down: Sat vindicated: Duke's case halted

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

rspann
TriniTuner 24-7
Posts: 11299
Joined: June 25th, 2010, 10:23 pm
Location: Trinituner 24/7

Re: Sedition Act struck down: Sat vindicated: Duke's case halted

Postby rspann » January 20th, 2020, 9:05 am

Zoom like to make people answer their own questions. I think he's saying that what Sat and Duke was arrested for does not fall in the definition of sedition so there is no need to interpret the law for sedition in their case. It's a good point because other parties have said and done worse in the past and there are things that Growlers and his pack have said and done that was worse .

Email gate in my opinion was sedition in the highest degree. It was a concerted effort backed with forged documents to try to topple a sitting govt. What bakr did in 1990 was sedition and treason but he got off scot free.

Advertisement
User avatar
zoom rader
TunerGod
Posts: 20611
Joined: April 22nd, 2003, 12:39 pm
Location: Grand Cayman

Re: Sedition Act struck down: Sat vindicated: Duke's case halted

Postby zoom rader » January 20th, 2020, 9:06 am

ek4ever wrote:
zoom rader wrote:We need to start an arse wari and young achievement chead
What d hell yuh go post in that?


Well it will there for all to see

Redman
TriniTuner 24-7
Posts: 7942
Joined: August 19th, 2004, 2:48 pm

Re: Sedition Act struck down: Sat vindicated: Duke's case halted

Postby Redman » January 20th, 2020, 9:30 am

zoom rader wrote:
Redman wrote:
zoom rader wrote:
Redman wrote:Well yes his rational is logical....and having chatted about it when the AG made the statement with people that in the business, they see no issue.

So getting a PC decision on an area of law that the Jason Jones case....will settle how that and other laws that are derivative of that law....are applied.

So now you state why he is wrong.

The people that see no issue with the AG are all PNM stooges and are only toting the line.


Can you now state why you think he is wrong?


No Law is case by case.

e.g, You get catch speeding, so you get a speeding ticket according to the definition and what is set as speeding you don't use that for ID lights. You cant change this as you please to suit you


You are woefully uninformed.
Your simplistic example contains the fact that there is a clear cut definition of the law,a defined mechanism to measure and a defined penalty.

Industrial law,Criminal law,Business Law,Family Law, The Sedition Act , and whatever law Jason Jones was fighting all require the law to be applied in circumstances where there isnt that clarity.

Parliament passes law.
Courts interpret and apply their interpretation of these laws to the cases before them.
These decisions and judgements move a statute passed in one year along with the common ethos that prevails as time passes.

It eh new,
It eh rocket science.

User avatar
zoom rader
TunerGod
Posts: 20611
Joined: April 22nd, 2003, 12:39 pm
Location: Grand Cayman

Re: Sedition Act struck down: Sat vindicated: Duke's case halted

Postby zoom rader » January 20th, 2020, 9:58 am

Redman wrote:
zoom rader wrote:
Redman wrote:
zoom rader wrote:
Redman wrote:Well yes his rational is logical....and having chatted about it when the AG made the statement with people that in the business, they see no issue.

So getting a PC decision on an area of law that the Jason Jones case....will settle how that and other laws that are derivative of that law....are applied.

So now you state why he is wrong.

The people that see no issue with the AG are all PNM stooges and are only toting the line.


Can you now state why you think he is wrong?


No Law is case by case.

e.g, You get catch speeding, so you get a speeding ticket according to the definition and what is set as speeding you don't use that for ID lights. You cant change this as you please to suit you


You are woefully uninformed.
Your simplistic example contains the fact that there is a clear cut definition of the law,a defined mechanism to measure and a defined penalty.

Industrial law,Criminal law,Business Law,Family Law, The Sedition Act , and whatever law Jason Jones was fighting all require the law to be applied in circumstances where there isnt that clarity.

Parliament passes law.
Courts interpret and apply their interpretation of these laws to the cases before them.
These decisions and judgements move a statute passed in one year along with the common ethos that prevails as time passes.

It eh new,
It eh rocket science.
You said it

"Courts interpret and apply their interpretation of these laws to the cases before them."

It is for the COURTS and NOT the AG to decide.

That's why the AG is wrong.

Redman
TriniTuner 24-7
Posts: 7942
Joined: August 19th, 2004, 2:48 pm

Re: Sedition Act struck down: Sat vindicated: Duke's case halted

Postby Redman » January 20th, 2020, 10:04 am

You said it

"Courts interpret and apply their interpretation of these laws to the cases before them."

It is for the COURTS and NOT the AG to decide.

That's why the AG is wrong.


What has the AG decided??

User avatar
zoom rader
TunerGod
Posts: 20611
Joined: April 22nd, 2003, 12:39 pm
Location: Grand Cayman

Re: Sedition Act struck down: Sat vindicated: Duke's case halted

Postby zoom rader » January 20th, 2020, 10:06 am

Redman wrote:
You said it

"Courts interpret and apply their interpretation of these laws to the cases before them."

It is for the COURTS and NOT the AG to decide.

That's why the AG is wrong.


What has the AG decided??
That his interpretation is law, his opinion is ok but it is for the courts as final say.

User avatar
Dizzy28
TriniTuner 24-7
Posts: 11508
Joined: February 8th, 2010, 8:54 am
Location: People's Republic of Bananas

Re: Sedition Act struck down: Sat vindicated: Duke's case halted

Postby Dizzy28 » January 20th, 2020, 10:10 am

A pertinent question I may have missed the answer to is who decided to go after the Maha Sabha and Sat using this law as thier basis - Was it the the CoP, a rando TTPS Inspector by himself or under the guidance of a Government Minister?

User avatar
zoom rader
TunerGod
Posts: 20611
Joined: April 22nd, 2003, 12:39 pm
Location: Grand Cayman

Re: Sedition Act struck down: Sat vindicated: Duke's case halted

Postby zoom rader » January 20th, 2020, 10:14 am

Dizzy28 wrote:A pertinent question I may have missed the answer to is who decided to go after the Maha Sabha and Sat using this law as thier basis - Was it the the CoP, a rando TTPS Inspector by himself or under the guidance of a Government Minister?
PNM ppl got their feelings hurt and it reach Rowlee, who picked up the phone and passed it on to the po po to harass Sat.

An abuse of law

User avatar
Dizzy28
TriniTuner 24-7
Posts: 11508
Joined: February 8th, 2010, 8:54 am
Location: People's Republic of Bananas

Re: Sedition Act struck down: Sat vindicated: Duke's case halted

Postby Dizzy28 » January 20th, 2020, 10:19 am

I am only seeing where TATT said it wasn't them.

User avatar
zoom rader
TunerGod
Posts: 20611
Joined: April 22nd, 2003, 12:39 pm
Location: Grand Cayman

Re: Sedition Act struck down: Sat vindicated: Duke's case halted

Postby zoom rader » January 20th, 2020, 10:20 am

Dizzy28 wrote:I am only seeing where TATT said it wasn't them.
It was the PNM prime Minster

Redman
TriniTuner 24-7
Posts: 7942
Joined: August 19th, 2004, 2:48 pm

Re: Sedition Act struck down: Sat vindicated: Duke's case halted

Postby Redman » January 20th, 2020, 10:49 am

zoom rader wrote:
Dizzy28 wrote:I am only seeing where TATT said it wasn't them.
It was the PNM prime Minster


No it was Sat.
Sat musbe a PNM
Ent ZR


https://trinidadexpress.com/newsextra/s ... 3364b.html

The ruling was delivered in the Hall of Justice this morning by Justice Frank Seepersad in the claim filed by secretary general of the Sanatan Dharma Maha Sabha (SDMS) Sat Maharaj, who has since died, and SDMS media house Central Broadcasting Services Ltd.


https://newsday.co.tt/2019/07/08/sats-s ... -december/

THE constitutional claim filed by Sanatan Dharma Maha Sabha (SDMS) leader Satnarayan Maharaj challenging the lawfulness and constitutionality of certain provisions of the Sedition Act Chapter 11.04 will go to trial on December 9.

The trial date was fixed when the matter came up for hearing at a pre-trial review before Justice Frank Seepersad in the Port of Spain High Court yesterday.



Maharaj previously sought to have Director of Public Prosecutions Roger Gaspard hold his hand on laying sedition charges against him, but this was not pursued after the DPP wrote to Maharaj's attorneys, saying police had not yet asked him to consent to any charges being laid against the religious leader under the Sedition Act.

User avatar
zoom rader
TunerGod
Posts: 20611
Joined: April 22nd, 2003, 12:39 pm
Location: Grand Cayman

Re: Sedition Act struck down: Sat vindicated: Duke's case halted

Postby zoom rader » January 20th, 2020, 10:59 am

Redman wrote:
zoom rader wrote:
Dizzy28 wrote:I am only seeing where TATT said it wasn't them.
It was the PNM prime Minster


No it was Sat.
Sat musbe a PNM
Ent ZR


https://trinidadexpress.com/newsextra/s ... 3364b.html

The ruling was delivered in the Hall of Justice this morning by Justice Frank Seepersad in the claim filed by secretary general of the Sanatan Dharma Maha Sabha (SDMS) Sat Maharaj, who has since died, and SDMS media house Central Broadcasting Services Ltd.


https://newsday.co.tt/2019/07/08/sats-s ... -december/

THE constitutional claim filed by Sanatan Dharma Maha Sabha (SDMS) leader Satnarayan Maharaj challenging the lawfulness and constitutionality of certain provisions of the Sedition Act Chapter 11.04 will go to trial on December 9.

The trial date was fixed when the matter came up for hearing at a pre-trial review before Justice Frank Seepersad in the Port of Spain High Court yesterday.



Maharaj previously sought to have Director of Public Prosecutions Roger Gaspard hold his hand on laying sedition charges against him, but this was not pursued after the DPP wrote to Maharaj's attorneys, saying police had not yet asked him to consent to any charges being laid against the religious leader under the Sedition Act.
We are taking about who sent the PNM police to harass the lil injun.

Sat won and put PNM in their place once again.

Stop trying to spin

Redman
TriniTuner 24-7
Posts: 7942
Joined: August 19th, 2004, 2:48 pm

Re: Sedition Act struck down: Sat vindicated: Duke's case halted

Postby Redman » January 20th, 2020, 11:59 am

So the PNM police raid the spot, SAT files the ting, PNM police and Co wait for judgement, Sat win....

What part of this is abuse...??

User avatar
zoom rader
TunerGod
Posts: 20611
Joined: April 22nd, 2003, 12:39 pm
Location: Grand Cayman

Re: Sedition Act struck down: Sat vindicated: Duke's case halted

Postby zoom rader » January 20th, 2020, 12:12 pm

Redman wrote:So the PNM police raid the spot, SAT files the ting, PNM police and Co wait for judgement, Sat win....

What part of this is abuse...??


Sending PNM police to try to manners and Intimidate a lil injun .

PNM think they can bully productive citizens.

Why don't PNM deal with high crime areas and manners their Supporters .

You PNM ppl are disgusting little pest

Redman
TriniTuner 24-7
Posts: 7942
Joined: August 19th, 2004, 2:48 pm

Re: Sedition Act struck down: Sat vindicated: Duke's case halted

Postby Redman » January 20th, 2020, 12:26 pm

who spinning?

User avatar
zoom rader
TunerGod
Posts: 20611
Joined: April 22nd, 2003, 12:39 pm
Location: Grand Cayman

Re: Sedition Act struck down: Sat vindicated: Duke's case halted

Postby zoom rader » January 20th, 2020, 12:34 pm

Redman wrote:who spinning?
I gonna watch Kuch kuch hota hai.

User avatar
hydroep
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa
Posts: 5021
Joined: February 4th, 2007, 9:16 pm

Re: Sedition Act struck down: Sat vindicated: Duke's case halted

Postby hydroep » January 27th, 2020, 11:41 am

Last edited by hydroep on January 27th, 2020, 11:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Dizzy28
TriniTuner 24-7
Posts: 11508
Joined: February 8th, 2010, 8:54 am
Location: People's Republic of Bananas

Re: Sedition Act struck down: Sat vindicated: Duke's case halted

Postby Dizzy28 » January 27th, 2020, 11:42 am

With the Sedition Act being rules illegal its gonna be hard for the PNM to silence people they don't like.
Feris will get more delusional

User avatar
zoom rader
TunerGod
Posts: 20611
Joined: April 22nd, 2003, 12:39 pm
Location: Grand Cayman

Re: Sedition Act struck down: Sat vindicated: Duke's case halted

Postby zoom rader » January 27th, 2020, 11:48 am

hydroep wrote:Charge dismissed. Was there ever any doubt?...:|

https://newsday.co.tt/2020/01/27/sedition-charge-against-watson-duke-dismissed/
An injun saved duke and this country from these nasty PNM ppl

User avatar
zoom rader
TunerGod
Posts: 20611
Joined: April 22nd, 2003, 12:39 pm
Location: Grand Cayman

Re: Sedition Act struck down: Sat vindicated: Duke's case halted

Postby zoom rader » January 27th, 2020, 11:51 am

Dizzy28 wrote:With the Sedition Act being rules illegal its gonna be hard for the PNM to silence people they don't like.
Feris will get more delusional
This is a free country and free speech must be maintained.

Only clowns like Redman would defend PNM breaking laws

Redman
TriniTuner 24-7
Posts: 7942
Joined: August 19th, 2004, 2:48 pm

Re: Sedition Act struck down: Sat vindicated: Duke's case halted

Postby Redman » January 27th, 2020, 12:34 pm

zoom rader wrote:
Dizzy28 wrote:With the Sedition Act being rules illegal its gonna be hard for the PNM to silence people they don't like.
Feris will get more delusional
This is a free country and free speech must be maintained.

Only clowns like Redman would defend PNM breaking laws


So which law was broken by the govt?
Point it out nah-

User avatar
zoom rader
TunerGod
Posts: 20611
Joined: April 22nd, 2003, 12:39 pm
Location: Grand Cayman

Re: Sedition Act struck down: Sat vindicated: Duke's case halted

Postby zoom rader » January 27th, 2020, 1:44 pm

Redman wrote:
zoom rader wrote:
Dizzy28 wrote:With the Sedition Act being rules illegal its gonna be hard for the PNM to silence people they don't like.
Feris will get more delusional
This is a free country and free speech must be maintained.

Only clowns like Redman would defend PNM breaking laws


So which law was broken by the govt?
Point it out nah-
Trespassing laws broken in stealing people's lands.

Kicking farmers off their lands and bulldozing their crops .

Trying to fool the public on the AG interpretations of laws.

Using state resources to find a cell phone for imps bert son

Stealing and abusing public funds to buy wigs, weave and sperm

Abuse of public funds to pay shamass cell bill.

Selling of no oil scam

Abusing citizens rights.

Using state resources to harass citizens.

PNM Minsters braking the traffic laws

Redman
TriniTuner 24-7
Posts: 7942
Joined: August 19th, 2004, 2:48 pm

Re: Sedition Act struck down: Sat vindicated: Duke's case halted

Postby Redman » January 27th, 2020, 2:26 pm

Im sorry ZR, I thought this was a serious conversation.
My mistake.

As you were.

User avatar
zoom rader
TunerGod
Posts: 20611
Joined: April 22nd, 2003, 12:39 pm
Location: Grand Cayman

Re: Sedition Act struck down: Sat vindicated: Duke's case halted

Postby zoom rader » January 27th, 2020, 2:54 pm

Redman wrote:Im sorry ZR, I thought this was a serious conversation.
My mistake.

As you were.
A law is law dumb arse

Redman
TriniTuner 24-7
Posts: 7942
Joined: August 19th, 2004, 2:48 pm

Re: Sedition Act struck down: Sat vindicated: Duke's case halted

Postby Redman » January 27th, 2020, 3:05 pm

Oh you serious?
Ok
Well you were talking about the Sedition Act.
Its a thread on the Sedition Act.
If you forget-look at the thread title.
Is there a law somewhere in your froth that is relevant to what we were actually discussing?-or are you just on your bigot rant rag time of the month?

User avatar
zoom rader
TunerGod
Posts: 20611
Joined: April 22nd, 2003, 12:39 pm
Location: Grand Cayman

Re: Sedition Act struck down: Sat vindicated: Duke's case halted

Postby zoom rader » January 27th, 2020, 3:17 pm

Redman wrote:Oh you serious?
Ok
Well you were talking about the Sedition Act.
Its a thread on the Sedition Act.
If you forget-look at the thread title.
Is there a law somewhere in your froth that is relevant to what we were actually discussing?-or are you just on your bigot rant rag time of the month?
Stealing is not breaking the law?

Stealing public funds to buy wigs, weave and sperm is not breaking the law?

Public purse is not a loans account

User avatar
sMASH
TriniTuner 24-7
Posts: 14440
Joined: January 11th, 2005, 4:30 am

Re: Sedition Act struck down: Sat vindicated: Duke's case halted

Postby sMASH » January 27th, 2020, 3:23 pm

Police went to sat to confiscate stuff, sat shake their hands, CoP said it wasn't a raid.
Sat get charge fir sedition,
Judge throw it out, ag say privy for it, let th decide what the law means, he eh find the injun make the right judgement.


It is abuse of power wastage of state resources, and if kept without reprimand, PNM could use their PNM inclined officers to harass citizens under this law with no real reason.



Alwaris is a cnut

rspann
TriniTuner 24-7
Posts: 11299
Joined: June 25th, 2010, 10:23 pm
Location: Trinituner 24/7

Re: Sedition Act struck down: Sat vindicated: Duke's case halted

Postby rspann » January 27th, 2020, 3:44 pm

zoom rader wrote:
hydroep wrote:Charge dismissed. Was there ever any doubt?...:|

https://newsday.co.tt/2020/01/27/sedition-charge-against-watson-duke-dismissed/
An injun saved duke and this country from these nasty PNM ppl



Ah hope ah injun save him from the next case too.

Redman
TriniTuner 24-7
Posts: 7942
Joined: August 19th, 2004, 2:48 pm

Re: Sedition Act struck down: Sat vindicated: Duke's case halted

Postby Redman » January 27th, 2020, 5:01 pm

zoom rader wrote:
Redman wrote:Oh you serious?
Ok
Well you were talking about the Sedition Act.
Its a thread on the Sedition Act.
If you forget-look at the thread title.
Is there a law somewhere in your froth that is relevant to what we were actually discussing?-or are you just on your bigot rant rag time of the month?
Stealing is not breaking the law?

Stealing public funds to buy wigs, weave and sperm is not breaking the law?

Public purse is not a loans account


Relevant to the Thread re Sedition....stop moving the goalposts

16 cycles
punchin NOS
Posts: 4786
Joined: May 10th, 2003, 9:25 am

Re: Sedition Act struck down: Sat vindicated: Duke's case halted

Postby 16 cycles » January 27th, 2020, 5:18 pm

So where does this leave Abu Bakr?

If anyone deserves to hang from a rope...

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Majestic-12 [Bot], redmanjp and 147 guests