dogg wrote:
AlphaMan wrote:
PariaMan wrote:Market in Trinidad very slow to react

Man could wait on the news then go out and buy

Trinidad stock exchange makes no sense at all :roll:

What is confusing to you?

Market takes to long to react to news.
Not liquid enough..

yeah, well.. stock investments are long term instruments. Work to suit.
If you want to day-trade, this isn't the avenue for you.

mitsutt
Trinituner Peong

Re: OFFICIAL STOCK MARKET (TTSE) THREAD

Postby mitsutt » October 6th, 2022, 5:16 pm

AlphaMan wrote:
PariaMan wrote:Market in Trinidad very slow to react

Man could wait on the news then go out and buy

Trinidad stock exchange makes no sense at all :roll:

I’ve said same few pages back.

PariaMan
punchin NOS

Postby PariaMan » October 6th, 2022, 7:36 pm

Just buy up NGL, NEL and AHL and next year you will be good to go

Mmoney607
30 pounds of Boost

Postby Mmoney607 » October 8th, 2022, 6:50 pm

snatman wrote:As foreseen PHL blew out of the park. As usual, market is slow to react. Not me thought, I've been accumulating steadily over the past few months, today too.
Unless there are exceptional circumstances, this should see $9 early next year. And who knows what afterwards.

JMMB down to $2.00?? What's going on with the crosslisted stocks???

snatman wrote:Prestige 9mth earnings coming out in a couple wks.
This will include the first full 3mth period without covid restrictions.

I'm looking for 35c EPS for the 9mth and 55c EOY.

With that, we might see ~$9 in a yr or so.

So anything under $7 is a buy methinks.
We'll see.

I see Prestige drop 14% on Friday

PariaMan
punchin NOS

Postby PariaMan » October 8th, 2022, 7:56 pm

That was just one trade no more available at the dropped price

PariaMan
punchin NOS

Postby PariaMan » October 21st, 2022, 11:59 am

Guys

Would like to recommend FCI as a pick it's PE is way lower than other banks and itsvdividend yield is almost 6 percent

If you can get at 5$ it's a no Brainer

Also NFM has increased its prices in July which means 3rd quarter results should be an improvement .The price of wheat is falling globally as suppliers increase their output due to high prices . It has definite potential

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » October 21st, 2022, 12:02 pm

6% is great

PariaMan
punchin NOS

Postby PariaMan » October 21st, 2022, 12:09 pm

pugboy wrote:6% is great
Yep and it is in US dollars. I created a US account just for that dividend

Mmoney607
30 pounds of Boost

Postby Mmoney607 » November 2nd, 2022, 10:13 pm

Jmmb posting their to picks on their LinkedIn page JMMB GroupTT.

Why rfhl going down so much?

snatman
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby snatman » November 30th, 2022, 9:06 am

cif.jpg

Mmoney607
30 pounds of Boost

Postby Mmoney607 » December 3rd, 2022, 3:45 pm

snatman wrote:cif.jpg

You keeping the Cif or selling it?

snatman
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby snatman » December 5th, 2022, 11:35 am

Mmoney607 wrote:
snatman wrote:cif.jpg

You keeping the Cif or selling it?

I don't hold CIF shares, but if I did, there would have been no reason to sell.

snatman
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby snatman » December 8th, 2022, 1:00 pm

NEL could be a sleeping giant!

PHL AGL should do well in the coming months.

UCL also

PariaMan
punchin NOS

Postby PariaMan » December 8th, 2022, 3:41 pm

Time to set up for next year sell and buy or simply buy your preferred picks

snatman
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby snatman » December 21st, 2022, 3:26 pm

snatman wrote:
PariaMan wrote:Sold Massy at 6.88 and 5.98 immediately after criss list and split

Bought back at 5.15

Results seems to indicate an increase in profit over 6 months but a decrease over 3 months

Well, Massy Insurance sale was finalised, CEO said that would supply them with a war chest of US$$$.
Acquisitions much??
Gervase Warner appears to be a visionary. I expect big things.

What the hell! Massy on fire! That Warner guy is some kind of genius.
Folks, invest in some Massy stock for your kids eh. In 5 years time you gonna be saying, I shoulda bought when it was under $5
Attachments
massy.jpg

PariaMan
punchin NOS

Postby PariaMan » December 25th, 2022, 6:28 am

Nice rally in last few days

I up about 5 percent

Long may in last

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » December 25th, 2022, 9:22 am

gervase is a real competitive guy and doesn’t mix matters, very nice fella on the surface, straight purposeful

PariaMan
punchin NOS

Postby PariaMan » December 25th, 2022, 1:44 pm

Those cross listed shares sometimes have a lot of trading simply because of people trying to take advantage of the 2 markets scenario

I staying away now until I see some clear direction

There are other shares to make money from in the short to medium term

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » December 25th, 2022, 5:53 pm

looking to make some small investments early in the new year, what allyuh saying ?

snatman
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby snatman » December 25th, 2022, 8:55 pm

pugboy wrote:looking to make some small investments early in the new year, what allyuh saying ?

PHL

PariaMan
punchin NOS

Postby PariaMan » December 26th, 2022, 9:02 am

pugboy wrote:looking to make some small investments early in the new year, what allyuh saying ?
NEL.NGL.GHL.TCL AGL
Has all done well in last few quarters and should do well in 2023

NEL and NGL have big dividends in first quarter so expect some considerable increase in their prices

Rockram
3NE 2NR for life

Postby Rockram » December 27th, 2022, 7:03 pm

Screenshot_20221227-185544_Acrobat for Samsung.jpg

Mmoney607
30 pounds of Boost

Postby Mmoney607 » December 27th, 2022, 8:16 pm

Check out this article on Cif as well:

http://www.guardian.co.tt/article/dulal ... 30ab827cf5

Screenshot_20221227_201530.jpg

snatman
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby snatman » December 28th, 2022, 9:23 am

Express Editorial:
Clarity needed on CIF
Next month, over 6,000 unitholders of the CLICO Investment Fund (CIF) are scheduled to start receiving the proceeds from the redemption of their investments in the Fund.

Established in 2012, the CIF was part of an innovative plan, initiated under the People’s Partnership administration, to bail out investors in what came to be known as the Short-Term Investment Products (STIPs) sold by CLICO and British American Trinidad.

In 2011 some of the investors in the STIPs, with investments of over $75,000 accepted the Government’s offer of the first $75,000 in cash with the balance of their investments in 20, one-year zero-coupon bonds.

In 2012, the then administration tweaked the original plan, offering to convert years 11 to 20 of the zero-coupon bonds into units in the CIF for citizens and residents who had investments of over $75,000.

That meant holders of the STIPs received $75,000 in cash, ten years of zero-coupon bonds and units in the CIF, which is a mutual fund that was meant to be redeemed in ten years. STIP investors with $75,000 or less received cash.

Many of the people who invested most of their life savings with CLICO or BAT found the three-part arrangement to suit their lifestyle and needs: They received an initial lumpsum of $75,000; another lumpsum every year for ten years from the one to 10 year zero-coupon bonds and interest twice a year from the CIF.

The CIF investments comprised 40,072,299 Republic Financial Holdings Ltd (Republic) shares, which were then valued at about $4.4 billion and Government bonds of approximately $704 million for a total investment of $5.1 billion.

Some 204 million units are being redeemed early next month, either units that were issued to STIP holders in 2012 or that were purchased from the original unitholders on the floor of the T&T Stock Exchange.

As repayment for their principal investments in the STIPS, the 6,000 plus CIF unitholders will receive 0.1964 Republic shares and 3.445 Government bonds for every unit they hold, plus cash.

Those formulas, outlined by Minister of Finance Colm Imbert at a Senate sitting in November, would result in a total of 40,065,600 Republic shares and Government bonds worth about $703 million, plus cash, being distributed to the 6,000 plus CIF unitholders.

The Republic shares, in particular, are of national importance for three reasons:

• The bank is the largest, most strategically important financial institution in this country;

• the CIF block of Republic shares was worth $5.4 billion last Friday; and

• The block constitutes 24.5 per cent of the bank’s total shares in issue.

Given the importance of Republic to T&T, it is deeply regrettable that the Government and its financial advisers lost the opportunity to design a CIF 2, or some other product that would provide the prospective new shareholders of the bank with an alternative long-term investment.

It may also be prudent for Mr Imbert—who as Corporation Sole holds assets on behalf of the State—to clarify Government’s intention with regard to Republic. Corporation Sole is listed as owning 57,016,872 units in the CIF as at November 30, 2022.

When those units are converted into the bank’s shares, Corporation Sole will own 11,198,113 shares, equal to 6.84 per cent of Republic. Corporation Sole has voting rights over those 11,198,113 Republic shares.

Those shares, plus the 25.97 per cent of Republic held in the National Investment Fund in Corporation Sole’s name, may be construed as enough to trigger T&T’s takeover code.

PariaMan
punchin NOS

Postby PariaMan » December 29th, 2022, 6:26 am

NEL dividend declared as 18 cents per share

dogg
Riding on 16's

Postby dogg » December 29th, 2022, 9:26 am

PariaMan wrote:NEL dividend declared as 18 cents per share

Wow, so that's 46c in dividends for the financial year.

For a $3.25 stock? that's outstanding.

Even half of that would've been great.

Mmoney607
30 pounds of Boost

Postby Mmoney607 » December 29th, 2022, 12:51 pm

snatman wrote:Express Editorial:
Clarity needed on CIF
Next month, over 6,000 unitholders of the CLICO Investment Fund (CIF) are scheduled to start receiving the proceeds from the redemption of their investments in the Fund.

Established in 2012, the CIF was part of an innovative plan, initiated under the People’s Partnership administration, to bail out investors in what came to be known as the Short-Term Investment Products (STIPs) sold by CLICO and British American Trinidad.

In 2011 some of the investors in the STIPs, with investments of over $75,000 accepted the Government’s offer of the first $75,000 in cash with the balance of their investments in 20, one-year zero-coupon bonds.

In 2012, the then administration tweaked the original plan, offering to convert years 11 to 20 of the zero-coupon bonds into units in the CIF for citizens and residents who had investments of over $75,000.

That meant holders of the STIPs received $75,000 in cash, ten years of zero-coupon bonds and units in the CIF, which is a mutual fund that was meant to be redeemed in ten years. STIP investors with $75,000 or less received cash.

Many of the people who invested most of their life savings with CLICO or BAT found the three-part arrangement to suit their lifestyle and needs: They received an initial lumpsum of $75,000; another lumpsum every year for ten years from the one to 10 year zero-coupon bonds and interest twice a year from the CIF.

The CIF investments comprised 40,072,299 Republic Financial Holdings Ltd (Republic) shares, which were then valued at about $4.4 billion and Government bonds of approximately $704 million for a total investment of $5.1 billion.

Some 204 million units are being redeemed early next month, either units that were issued to STIP holders in 2012 or that were purchased from the original unitholders on the floor of the T&T Stock Exchange.

As repayment for their principal investments in the STIPS, the 6,000 plus CIF unitholders will receive 0.1964 Republic shares and 3.445 Government bonds for every unit they hold, plus cash.

Those formulas, outlined by Minister of Finance Colm Imbert at a Senate sitting in November, would result in a total of 40,065,600 Republic shares and Government bonds worth about $703 million, plus cash, being distributed to the 6,000 plus CIF unitholders.

The Republic shares, in particular, are of national importance for three reasons:

• The bank is the largest, most strategically important financial institution in this country;

• the CIF block of Republic shares was worth $5.4 billion last Friday; and

• The block constitutes 24.5 per cent of the bank’s total shares in issue.

Given the importance of Republic to T&T, it is deeply regrettable that the Government and its financial advisers lost the opportunity to design a CIF 2, or some other product that would provide the prospective new shareholders of the bank with an alternative long-term investment.

It may also be prudent for Mr Imbert—who as Corporation Sole holds assets on behalf of the State—to clarify Government’s intention with regard to Republic. Corporation Sole is listed as owning 57,016,872 units in the CIF as at November 30, 2022.

When those units are converted into the bank’s shares, Corporation Sole will own 11,198,113 shares, equal to 6.84 per cent of Republic. Corporation Sole has voting rights over those 11,198,113 Republic shares.

Those shares, plus the 25.97 per cent of Republic held in the National Investment Fund in Corporation Sole’s name, may be construed as enough to trigger T&T’s takeover code.

I thought this was Anthony Wilson's article I didn't realize it was the actual express editorial. I don't understand the point they trying to make about a CIF 2

snatman
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby snatman » December 30th, 2022, 10:34 am

Mmoney607 wrote:
snatman wrote:Express Editorial:
Clarity needed on CIF

I thought this was Anthony Wilson's article I didn't realize it was the actual express editorial. I don't understand the point they trying to make about a CIF 2

I'm pretty sure Wilson wrote that editorial.

A lot of financial observers are concerned that the glut of Republic shares could potentially dilute the market.
I don't understand that fear though, cuz the CIF holders could have just as easily flooded the market with their shares.

Anyways, buy some PHL if you looking for something to invest in.

PariaMan
punchin NOS

Postby PariaMan » January 3rd, 2023, 9:54 am

BEEN telling you guys about Nel for the longest while

Hope u guys took advantage. Jump has now occurred after dividend increase

Lots of easy money in local Stock Market once you read the signs

The next big one is NGL

Jump in now

Price fluctuations occur during the day

Bid just above the best bid after the market opens and you should get thru

There gonna be a nice increase during this quarter

originalbling
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby originalbling » January 3rd, 2023, 11:23 am

What's a reliable broker to go with. One that provides solid advice and low fees?

Want to get into this but dont have the time or knowledge to be monitoring trends etc daily.

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”