Forums

Private Doctor/Hospital

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

supercharged turbo
punchin NOS

Private Doctor/Hospital

Postby supercharged turbo » September 4th, 2019, 4:35 pm

I'm looking for a new general practice doctor preferably in the central area but I'm also willingly to go north or south providing I'm comfortable with them.The previous doctor passed away and don't want to be looking around when the time comes.

Which private hospital/centres do you guys usually go if something arises or you have tests to conduct?Is your general practice doctor at any of these facilities?Never had cause to go to one but the waiting time and treatment at public hospitals has gotton even worse(didn't think it was possible) so don't want to be "fish out of water" if anything happens.

As we on the topic one time,any recommendations for an OB-GYN where you might have carried your wife/girlfriend?

ProtonPowder
Shifting into 6th

Re: Private Doctor/Hospital

Postby ProtonPowder » September 4th, 2019, 5:15 pm

Not sure of the ob/gyn part, but generally people in south go to Southern Medical in Vistabella or Gulf View Medical. For tests and such you generally get referred to Victoria Medical, which is in Vistabella, up the road from the Yacht Club.

De Dragon
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby De Dragon » September 4th, 2019, 9:30 pm

ProtonPowder wrote:Not sure of the ob/gyn part, but generally people in south go to Southern Medical in Vistabella or Gulf View Medical. For tests and such you generally get referred to Victoria Medical, which is in Vistabella, up the road from the Yacht Club.

Man say preferably in Central soldier :?
There are two clinics in St.Mary's Freeport about 2 mins apart, Rampersad's and Freeport Medical Clinic (IIRC). There is also Medical Associates in Chaguanas.

shake d livin wake d dead
TunerGod

Postby shake d livin wake d dead » September 4th, 2019, 9:53 pm

Ob/Gyn: Tim Goopeesingh
Hemant Persad(medical associates)...HIGHLY recommended...stress on highly...his wife is a pediatrician with her office right next door)

VexXx Dogg
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby VexXx Dogg » September 4th, 2019, 10:02 pm

Rampersad in freeport is OK if you need a doc in a pinch.
Takes linx.
Walk with your own insurance forms.

As it pertains to OBGYN, Prakash is the top of the list for my fam. He's in St Augustine area. New hospital

Dave
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby Dave » September 5th, 2019, 8:33 am

shake d livin wake d dead wrote:Ob/Gyn: Tim Goopeesingh
Hemant Persad(medical associates)...HIGHLY recommended...stress on highly...his wife is a pediatrician with her office right next door)
Endorsed the hubby and wife team!

supercharged turbo
punchin NOS

Postby supercharged turbo » September 5th, 2019, 12:34 pm

ProtonPowder wrote:Not sure of the ob/gyn part, but generally people in south go to Southern Medical in Vistabella or Gulf View Medical. For tests and such you generally get referred to Victoria Medical, which is in Vistabella, up the road from the Yacht Club.
Noticed this with people from south side
De Dragon wrote:

There are two clinics in St.Mary's Freeport about 2 mins apart, Rampersad's and Freeport Medical Clinic (IIRC). There is also Medical Associates in Chaguanas.
I find those 2 places to be kinda sketchy.
Is this the one in Chaguanas?
VexXx Dogg wrote:Rampersad in freeport is OK if you need a doc in a pinch.
Takes linx.

As it pertains to OBGYN, Prakash is the top of the list for my fam. He's in St Augustine area. New hospital
Is this the new hospital in the newspapers recently that was geared towards women?I think it was some Indian family that came and setup locally

VexXx Dogg
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby VexXx Dogg » September 5th, 2019, 1:05 pm

^ yup.
Prakashbhan has been practicising here since forever though - used to be aligned with SAPH. He just put his money to build his own specialized hospital.

TunerGod

Postby shake d livin wake d dead » September 5th, 2019, 1:49 pm

supercharged turbo wrote:
Noticed this with people from south side
De Dragon wrote:

I find those 2 places to be kinda sketchy.
Is this the one in Chaguanas?
VexXx Dogg wrote:Rampersad in freeport is OK if you need a doc in a pinch.
Takes linx.

Is this the new hospital in the newspapers recently that was geared towards women?I think it was some Indian family that came and setup locally

Medical associates in st.joseph

Zachery
Ricer

Postby Zachery » September 5th, 2019, 2:29 pm

Dr. Joel Sinanan Marabella

Dizzy28
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Dizzy28 » September 5th, 2019, 2:55 pm

VexXx Dogg wrote:^ yup.
Prakashbhan has been practicising here since forever though - used to be aligned with SAPH. He just put his money to build his own specialized hospital.

Praks is an India India?

Went to two visits with the wife there (he's not her main Ob Gyn) and he didn't seem to be anything but Trini.

His building of his own hospital has a lot to do with bruised egos as much as fulfilling a need though.

zdeternal
3NE 2NR for life

Postby zdeternal » September 5th, 2019, 3:19 pm

Tricare Medical Centre... Lots of Doctors there male and Female... Different competencies/background

Located in Heartland Plaza

De Dragon
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby De Dragon » September 6th, 2019, 1:39 am

VexXx Dogg wrote:^ yup.

Too much for his own good! I went to him for one of my children and right up to the end he was good, but when I registered with West Shore Medical, he refused to deliver the baby there. Mind you, I went to SAPH first based on his recommendation, and they were only offering semi private rooms, meaning 4 beds in the room separated by a curtain :? AND the price was more than a private room at West Shore!

joe_d_boss
3NE 2NR for life

Postby joe_d_boss » September 6th, 2019, 8:05 am

Dr. Joel Teelucksingh 222-1215. One of the best when coming to chronic illnesses such as hypertension, heart disease, diabetes, etc. He is located in Freeport. His office is located in an avenue opposite Sonny's Parts Place. If you are looking for just the regular doctor to take care of a flu and the run-of-the-mill stuff then Dr. Kalyan Mutchu on Pierre road by the gas station is good too.

Who was your doctor before that died?

TunerGod

Postby shake d livin wake d dead » September 6th, 2019, 9:06 am

I heard people does line up from 0400hrs in tunapuna to see Dr.Samaroo...guess he's good then

Dizzy28
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Dizzy28 » September 6th, 2019, 9:03 pm

shake d livin wake d dead wrote:I heard people does line up from 0400hrs in tunapuna to see Dr.Samaroo...guess he's good then
He opens at 4.30 to 5am amd closes at 9am so that is not really a long wait.

Mahabir and Anmolsingh in Arouca does have people from 8 hours before and thing.

d.d.s.
Sweet on this forum

Postby d.d.s. » September 6th, 2019, 9:23 pm

Dizzy28 wrote:
shake d livin wake d dead wrote:I heard people does line up from 0400hrs in tunapuna to see Dr.Samaroo...guess he's good then

Mahabir and Anmolsingh in Arouca does have people from 8 hours before and thing.

Yeah for real. People does camp out in their cars to see Anmolsingh.

TunerGod

Postby shake d livin wake d dead » September 6th, 2019, 10:46 pm

d.d.s. wrote:
Dizzy28 wrote:

Yeah for real. People does camp out in their cars to see Anmolsingh.

To get the shock ah their lives....literally :lol:

supercharged turbo
punchin NOS

Postby supercharged turbo » September 8th, 2019, 2:09 am

joe_d_boss wrote:Dr. Joel Teelucksingh 222-1215. One of the best when coming to chronic illnesses such as hypertension, heart disease, diabetes, etc. He is located in Freeport. His office is located in an avenue opposite Sonny's Parts Place. If you are looking for just the regular doctor to take care of a flu and the run-of-the-mill stuff then Dr. Kalyan Mutchu on Pierre road by the gas station is good too.

Who was your doctor before that died?
Dr. Richard Roopnarine in Balmain

joe_d_boss
3NE 2NR for life

Postby joe_d_boss » September 8th, 2019, 2:13 am

Oh yeah, I know him. He was next to the parts place. He died pretty young.

supercharged turbo
punchin NOS

Postby supercharged turbo » September 8th, 2019, 6:53 pm

joe_d_boss wrote:Oh yeah, I know him. He was next to the parts place. He died pretty young.
Yeah it was surprising but something was going on with him for ah good while it seems.Everytime you go,he always "sleeping away" on himself and his eyes watching all over.

VexXx Dogg
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby VexXx Dogg » September 8th, 2019, 10:58 pm

joe_d_boss wrote:Oh yeah, I know him. He was next to the parts place. He died pretty young.
Yeah it was surprising but something was going on with him for ah good while it seems.Everytime you go,he always "sleeping away" on himself and his eyes watching all over.

yup. Good guy. RIP.
First Couple times, I thought he partied too hard, but then I realized it was a medical scn

VexXx Dogg
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby VexXx Dogg » September 8th, 2019, 10:59 pm

Since you talking about that area, my next recommendation is Dr Rambally close to camden lights on the SMR. A minute north after exchange junction.

She's great with kids, too

joe_d_boss
3NE 2NR for life

Postby joe_d_boss » September 11th, 2019, 7:44 am

I believe Dr. Rambally is Paediatrician.

joe_d_boss
3NE 2NR for life

Postby joe_d_boss » September 11th, 2019, 7:47 am

VexXx Dogg wrote:

yup. Good guy. RIP.
First Couple times, I thought he partied too hard, but then I realized it was a medical scn

I was told he was an alcoholic, but you never really know if these things are true. Nice guy and good doctor nonetheless.

joe_d_boss
3NE 2NR for life

Postby joe_d_boss » September 11th, 2019, 7:50 am

If you are talking about Dr. Claudius Samaroo in Pasea, then he opens very early on mornings and closes by 8-8:30 a.m., so he may not be the doctor you can show up at anytime since he isn't there during the day, just early mornings.

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”