Forums

Online Banking Transfer

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

macd
Street 2NR

Online Banking Transfer

Postby macd » September 21st, 2019, 5:55 pm

Can you transfer funds from fcb bank account straight to scotiabank credit card to settle outstanding debt?

VexXx Dogg
TriniTuner 24-7

Re: Online Banking Transfer

Postby VexXx Dogg » September 21st, 2019, 6:56 pm

Yes. Did it with other banks...Setup as third party payment.
Make sure the name entered matches the name on your card. Takes long to process, so pay ahead of your due date

macd
Street 2NR

Postby macd » September 22nd, 2019, 2:39 am

Thank you. I just tried to pay my scotia credit card. How long does it take to transfer from Fcb to Scotia?

wagonrunner
TriniTuner 24-7
Location: Distancing myself from those who want to raid the barn but eh want to plant the corn.

Postby wagonrunner » September 23rd, 2019, 12:53 am

macd wrote:Thank you. I just tried to pay my scotia credit card. How long does it take to transfer from Fcb to Scotia?

used to take a few days. now it is taking weeks. three for the last couple transfers.

The_Honourable
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby The_Honourable » September 23rd, 2019, 12:57 am

Does take a while. Withdraw from FCB and deposit it into scotia is the faster way. Those new scotia ATMs does check the cash and make it instantly available on your account.

Gem_in_i
18 pounds of Boost

Postby Gem_in_i » September 23rd, 2019, 3:41 am

Takes abt 2 wks.

macd
Street 2NR

Postby macd » September 23rd, 2019, 8:04 am

Ok thanks. So withdraw the cash from FCB and then go to a scotia ATM, put in my credit card and deposit the money there?
The_Honourable wrote:Does take a while. Withdraw from FCB and deposit it into scotia is the faster way. Those new scotia ATMs does check the cash and make it instantly available on your account.

originalbling
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby originalbling » September 23rd, 2019, 8:52 am

I dont think Scotia has that facility to pay directly to your scotia credit card yet. RBC has it.

You might have to put it to your scotia savings then transfer to credit card. or put in an envelope with credit card number written on it and deposit as a bill payment.

The new scotia ATMs only allow 50 notes at a time when making a deposit

The_Honourable
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby The_Honourable » September 23rd, 2019, 7:43 pm

Originalbling is correct.

The old atm machines, you have to write the amount on the envelope, select bill payment on the atm and deposit. It would not be instantly available as a teller would have to come manually, check the money in the envelope, then enter it as a credit card payment.

Fastest way is to withdraw from FCB and deposit to your scotia account via the ATM. You have two choices, you either move the funds to your credit card while you at the atm or use scotia online and transfer it to your credit card.

Keep in mind, if you are using the old ATMs, usually a maximum of $2000 will be instantly available. So if you deposit $2500, $500 will be on hold. The new ATMs check the cash so you can deposit "any" amount and it would be available.

macd
Street 2NR

Postby macd » September 23rd, 2019, 8:24 pm

Thank you very much. Appreciate it. If I open a scotia account, how long will it take to transfer from my fcb account to a scotia account. Sorry if I asked this question before.
The_Honourable wrote:Originalbling is correct.

The old atm machines, you have to write the amount on the envelope, select bill payment on the atm and deposit. It would not be instantly available as a teller would have to come manually, check the money in the envelope, then enter it as a credit card payment.

Fastest way is to withdraw from FCB and deposit to your scotia account via the ATM. You have two choices, you either move the funds to your credit card while you at the atm or use scotia online and transfer it to your credit card.

Keep in mind, if you are using the old ATMs, usually a maximum of $2000 will be instantly available. So if you deposit $2500, $500 will be on hold. The new ATMs check the cash so you can deposit "any" amount and it would be available.

Kenjo
punchin NOS

Postby Kenjo » September 23rd, 2019, 8:38 pm

Speaking of the new scotia machines , if you are depositing $500 in $100 dollar bills do you have to put in one at a time or just all stacked together ?

The_Honourable
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby The_Honourable » September 23rd, 2019, 8:59 pm

As most people alluded too, a few business days. So if you initiate the transfer later in the week, expect it to hit your scotia account the next week. Faster to withdraw from FCB and deposit to Scotia.

macd wrote:Thank you very much. Appreciate it. If I open a scotia account, how long will it take to transfer from my fcb account to a scotia account. Sorry if I asked this question before.

Kenjo wrote:Speaking of the new scotia machines , if you are depositing $500 in $100 dollar bills do you have to put in one at a time or just all stacked together ?

You can put all stacked together. I stack every few hundred dollars just to make sure the machine reading it correctly. So like a $1000, i'll stack $500 and deposit twice just to make sure. Keep in mind if the bills old and crumpled, the machine will reject it.

macd
Street 2NR

Postby macd » September 23rd, 2019, 9:35 pm

Ok. I'm just studying safety with having that amount of money on me
The_Honourable wrote:As most people alluded too, a few business days. So if you initiate the transfer later in the week, expect it to hit your scotia account the next week. Faster to withdraw from FCB and deposit to Scotia.

macd wrote:Thank you very much. Appreciate it. If I open a scotia account, how long will it take to transfer from my fcb account to a scotia account. Sorry if I asked this question before.

Kenjo wrote:Speaking of the new scotia machines , if you are depositing $500 in $100 dollar bills do you have to put in one at a time or just all stacked together ?

You can put all stacked together. I stack every few hundred dollars just to make sure the machine reading it correctly. So like a $1000, i'll stack $500 and deposit twice just to make sure. Keep in mind if the bills old and crumpled, the machine will reject it.

Kenjo
punchin NOS

Postby Kenjo » September 23rd, 2019, 9:42 pm

Unless you have a Chequing account will take a 5 days to clear but no set of money on you . Deposit the cheque and then transfer from the scotia regular account to your Credit card account

macd
Street 2NR

Postby macd » September 24th, 2019, 9:00 am

Ok thanks
Kenjo wrote:Unless you have a Chequing account will take a 5 days to clear but no set of money on you . Deposit the cheque and then transfer from the scotia regular account to your Credit card account

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”