TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

Less water for Hindus..Muslims upset...

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

Monk BANzai
3NE 2NR Moderator
Location: 2 Laws of 2NR. 1. You can't turn a hoe into a housewife. 2. The Streets are Undefeated.

Less water for Hindus..Muslims upset...

Postby Monk BANzai » September 30th, 2019, 8:28 am

Muslims upset over planned Water shortage for Hindus. (there are voicenotes inna d link)

Ummah T&T Muslim Federation is calling on the Water and Sewerage Authority to seriously rethink its decision to shut off the taps for more than 500,000 customers for just over two weeks.

The largest group of independent Muslim organizations headed by Imam Rasheed Karim says that WASA, and by extension, the government of Dr Keith Rowley, must be held to account to the affected people and the Hindu community in particular which will both be seriously disadvantaged. This as the Hindu population is currently observing one of their holiest periods in the year.

Imam Karim told News Power that while he appreciates that the Desalination Plant at Pt Lisas requires maintenance work, WASA and the PNM regime must not be tone-deaf to the religious, cultural, health and economic impact on productivity that their decision will have.

https://news.power102fm.com/muslims-ups ... ndus-72444

Dave
3NE 2NR Moderator

Re: Less water for Hindus..Muslims upset...

Postby Dave » September 30th, 2019, 8:49 am

But isn't this planned shut down and annual thing around the same time every year? I can totally understand that the Hindu community would be impacted given Divali observance in the near future but don't the two occur same time for the last couple of years? How is it an issue now?

Redman
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Redman » September 30th, 2019, 8:57 am

They should talk to Hafeez Karamath's progeny.
Arent they the majority share holders of DEsalcott???

vaiostation
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby vaiostation » September 30th, 2019, 8:59 am

Isn't the desal plant run by Muslims, so who they trying to mamaguy?...

Dizzy28
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Dizzy28 » September 30th, 2019, 9:07 am

Truth be told I live in an area that receives water basically 7 days a week/364 days a year with any non supply probably happening for no more than a few hours a day. This means we have a tank but no pump b/c we don't need to. This tank is fed only to the kitchen sinks, laundry area and washrooms.

But every year for the past 10 years on Divali day water always goes for almost the entire day.

Maybe there is a bigger conspiracy at hand by Born Agains in WASA who hate Hindus

Maybe its Maybelline

eliteauto
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby eliteauto » September 30th, 2019, 9:09 am

silly season nonsense, I expect this to find favor with some, it will fit in the anti-south narrative. Give everyone a platform and you can guarantee divisive talk. On the flip side it can't be easy for those affected and now is a time of preparing for Divali/Christmas for many

MG Man
2NRholic

Postby MG Man » September 30th, 2019, 9:18 am

Dave wrote:But isn't this planned shut down and annual thing around the same time every year? I can totally understand that the Hindu community would be impacted given Divali observance in the near future but don't the two occur same time for the last couple of years? How is it an issue now?

it's always been an issue, but hindu ppl who think it's deliberate, usually mutter among themselves, rather than be vocal about it

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby MaxPower » September 30th, 2019, 10:10 am

Ok @ mosslims

The_Honourable
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby The_Honourable » September 30th, 2019, 10:17 am

FordeG is pleased.

Kickstart
Riding on 16's

Postby Kickstart » September 30th, 2019, 10:46 am

Redman wrote:They should talk to Hafeez Karamath's progeny.
No, they own desal 100% .
They brought out GE shares years ago.

Kickstart
Riding on 16's

Postby Kickstart » September 30th, 2019, 10:54 am

vaiostation wrote:Isn't the desal plant run by Muslims, so who they trying to mamaguy?...
Desal does not supply water to the public.

They sell water to wasa who inturns where the water goes to. The desal water is first diverted to the industrial estate as cooling water. Very rare does the public gets desal water.

Musical Doc
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby Musical Doc » September 30th, 2019, 10:59 am

I'm hindu but I don't understand why this is an issue because the shutdown ends 10 days before divali. That is plenty time to get organized for divali imho. You're not supposed to wait until an occasion to clean your house, that supposed to be an ongoing thing

Dizzy28
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Dizzy28 » September 30th, 2019, 11:00 am

Having worked for HKL and Desalcott I can say they typically treated Hindus well. Hindus seemed to be the majority of workers in both places anyhow (where they didn't marry into the family and converted)

INHUMAN
Riding on 18's

Postby INHUMAN » September 30th, 2019, 11:01 am

Racism will be the death of tdad

Dizzy28
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Dizzy28 » September 30th, 2019, 11:06 am

INHUMAN wrote:Racism will be the death of tdad

Not all discrimination is Racism

Redman
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Redman » September 30th, 2019, 11:54 am

Dizzy28 wrote:

Having worked for HKL and Desalcott I can say they typically treated Hindus well. Hindus seemed to be the majority of workers in both places anyhow (where they didn't marry into the family and converted)

Agreed-but the owners of the plant decide when to shut down.That was the focus of my posts GORTT is not in control of the Desal plant.

The largest group of independent Muslim organizations headed by Imam Rasheed Karim says that WASA, and by extension, the government of Dr Keith Rowley, must be held to account to the affected people and the Hindu community in particular which will both be seriously disadvantaged. This as the Hindu population is currently observing one of their holiest periods in the year.

Imam Karim told News Power that while he appreciates that the Desalination Plant at Pt Lisas requires maintenance work, WASA and the PNM regime must not be tone-deaf to the religious, cultural, health and economic impact on productivity that their decision will have.

All these hidden agendas

nervewrecker
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby nervewrecker » September 30th, 2019, 12:00 pm

I will refrain from commenting

Kickstart
Riding on 16's

Postby Kickstart » September 30th, 2019, 12:07 pm

Redman wrote:
Dizzy28 wrote:

Agreed-but the owners of the plant decide when to shut down.That was the focus of my posts GORTT is not in control of the Desal plant.

All these hidden agendas
Desal cannot shut down as they please.
They have to submit and get approval from Wasa when to shut down. Wasa has to be given ample time to make preparations for the supply to the pubic.

In short it is up to Wasa when desal can shut down. Only in the case of extreme emergency can desal shut down without approval from wasa. It is written in the contract

Redman
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Redman » September 30th, 2019, 12:25 pm

Well then it has to be the govahment fault.

Chimera
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Chimera » September 30th, 2019, 12:32 pm

Musical Doc wrote:I'm hindu but I don't understand why this is an issue because the shutdown ends 10 days before divali. That is plenty time to get organized for divali imho. You're not supposed to wait until an occasion to clean your house, that supposed to be an ongoing thing

ent now is navratri?

every 2 weeks might have something hindus fasting for though,so anytime you do it it will affect them

and the divali clean is not a normal clean, that is a empty out house and pressure wash garage and throw away all the junk and dust out all ontop the cupboard and paint over the house kind of clean

VexXx Dogg
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby VexXx Dogg » September 30th, 2019, 12:39 pm

is less water for EVERYBODY INNO.
I eh understand what this attempt at further division gonna achieve

MG Man
2NRholic

Postby MG Man » September 30th, 2019, 12:58 pm

clean house and dutty mind

tr1ad
2NR phototakerouter

Postby tr1ad » September 30th, 2019, 1:32 pm

it'll be an issue for those that want it to be an issue

mero
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Postby mero » September 30th, 2019, 1:44 pm

MG Man wrote:clean house and dutty mind
Yes I Ras

rspann
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby rspann » September 30th, 2019, 1:52 pm

eliteauto wrote:silly season nonsense, I expect this to find favor with some, it will fit in the anti-south narrative. Give everyone a platform and you can guarantee divisive talk. On the flip side it can't be easy for those affected and now is a time of preparing for Divali/Christmas for many

Agreed. It's not only hindus living in those areas neither is it only indian areas affected. I suppose that's what race and religion has been always used for. My issue is why does a country have to depend on a private enterprise for something as important as it's water supply, especially to a company that seems to be very unreliable.

Those areas are always complaining about water woes and I cant figure why in this day and age we can't get a reliable supply from our aquifers and dams.

MG Man
2NRholic

Postby MG Man » September 30th, 2019, 1:57 pm

this shid would NEVER have happened in Manning's day....these twits ruined vision 20-20

Monk BANzai
3NE 2NR Moderator
Location: 2 Laws of 2NR. 1. You can't turn a hoe into a housewife. 2. The Streets are Undefeated.

Postby Monk BANzai » September 30th, 2019, 4:12 pm

rspann wrote:
eliteauto wrote:silly season nonsense, I expect this to find favor with some, it will fit in the anti-south narrative. Give everyone a platform and you can guarantee divisive talk. On the flip side it can't be easy for those affected and now is a time of preparing for Divali/Christmas for many

Agreed. It's not only hindus living in those areas neither is it only indian areas affected. I suppose that's what race and religion has been always used for. My issue is why does a country have to depend on a private enterprise for something as important as it's water supply, especially to a company that seems to be very unreliable.

Those areas are always complaining about water woes and I cant figure why in this day and age we can't get a reliable supply from our aquifers and dams.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Monk BANzai
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby Monk BANzai » September 30th, 2019, 4:12 pm

MG Man wrote:this shid would NEVER have happened in Manning's day....these twits ruined vision 20-20

what wudnt...the shut down or Muslims fighting for Hindu rights?

rebound
Riding on 17's

Postby rebound » September 30th, 2019, 4:29 pm

Such a non issue, seems deliberate also.

Rovin
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Rovin » September 30th, 2019, 4:32 pm

iirc diwali is around 27 oct so this water shutdown not really doing hindu ppl anything specifically , if anything lack of water inconveniencing everybody as a whole

hindus will still have at least 10 days to clean anything that needs water to be cleaned ...

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”