TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

Stuart Young says Social Media is the biggest threat to Democracy and he wish it could be turned off

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

matr1x
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Re: Stuart Young says Social Media is the biggest threat to Democracy and he wish it could be turned off

Postby matr1x » October 2nd, 2019, 12:52 pm

When you control communication you control perception. Look at how hard they tried to market that carnival in Trinidad was the greatest show on earth. When in reality it's hot garbage.

2ndchance
Sweet on this forum

Re: Stuart Young says Social Media is the biggest threat to Democracy and he wish it could be turned off

Postby 2ndchance » October 2nd, 2019, 10:48 pm

88sins
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby 88sins » October 3rd, 2019, 3:39 am

yuh kno, for a fella that supposed to be educated, Stewfart Clong showing more and more how dotish he feels ppl is. And that is an extremely stoopid thing to do in this day and age.

De Dragon
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby De Dragon » October 3rd, 2019, 2:37 pm

88sins wrote:yuh kno, for a fella that supposed to be educated, Stewfart Clong showing more and more how dotish he feels ppl is. And that is an extremely stoopid thing to do in this day and age.

Too much Mason Hall jizz in he system.............

matr1x

Postby matr1x » October 3rd, 2019, 3:38 pm

He and step daughter sharing stale molasses?

Explains alot

rspann
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby rspann » October 3rd, 2019, 5:28 pm

Cyber threats is like e-mailgate?

Les Bain
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby Les Bain » October 3rd, 2019, 5:44 pm

Woulda made a great advisor to Stuart. Too bad he dead.

vaiostation
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby vaiostation » October 9th, 2019, 6:47 am

Social media surveillance coming

In 2020 the T&T Po­lice Ser­vice (TTPS) will cre­ate a cen­tre with the ca­pac­i­ty to mon­i­tor and analyse so­cial me­dia ac­tiv­i­ty via the use of sur­veil­lance sys­tems, and the TTPS will al­so get the Ar­moured Per­son­nel Car­ri­ers which Po­lice Com­mis­sion­er Gary Grif­fith had ad­vo­cat­ed since he was the Na­tion­al Se­cu­ri­ty Min­is­ter un­der the Peo­ple’s Part­ner­ship regime.

This and oth­er in­for­ma­tion on TTPS’ plans for 2020 are con­tained in the 2020 Pub­lic Sec­tor In­vest­ment plan (PSIP) and De­vel­op­ment Pro­gramme.

These re­ports were part of 2020 Bud­get doc­u­ments laid in Par­lia­ment on Mon­day.

The TTPS re­ceived ap­prox­i­mate­ly $2.6B in the 2020 Bud­get - an in­crease from $2.2b in 2019.

Po­lice of­fi­cers said yes­ter­day such an ini­tia­tive like a so­cial me­dia analy­sis cen­tre has the po­ten­tial to great­ly as­sist TTPS sys­tems, pro­vid­ing ma­te­r­i­al on a wide range of is­sues from in­ci­dents of crime and ter­ror­ism to cross bor­der is­sues con­tribut­ing to crime.

In 2020 TTPS will be ex­pand­ing its fleet from 1,668 to 1,900 ve­hi­cles.

The PSIP stat­ed, “This in­creased mo­bil­i­ty will im­prove TTPS’ ef­fi­cien­cy and ef­fec­tive­ness by im­prov­ing the lev­el of ser­vice pro­vid­ed to cit­i­zens, in­creased po­lice vis­i­bil­i­ty na­tion­wide and im­proved op­er­a­tional ca­pa­bil­i­ty through­out the or­gan­i­sa­tion.”

“An al­lo­ca­tion of $30 mil­lion will as­sist TTPS in pur­chas­ing the fol­low­ing types of ve­hi­cles: Sport Util­i­ty Sedan, Ar­moured Per­son­nel Car­ri­er (APC), and Sport Util­i­ty Ve­hi­cle (SUV).

Grif­fith had ad­vo­cat­ed the use of APCs since 2014 when he was the PP Gov­ern­ment’s Na­tion­al Se­cu­ri­ty Min­is­ter. APCs are built to trans­port pro­tec­tive ser­vices/troops and are geared for self-de­fence and to pro­tect pas­sen­gers from small-arms fire or shrap­nel.

As Min­is­ter, Grif­fith sparked con­tro­ver­sy in 2014 when he said six APCs were be­ing pur­chased to add to sim­i­lar car­ri­ers the De­fence Force pre­vi­ous­ly had. He said the APCs would be used for sit­u­a­tions in­clud­ing counter-ter­ror­ism ac­tiv­i­ty or bomb­in­gs, ex­plo­sive de­vices or hostages. He al­so planned to or­der 20 ar­moured ve­hi­cles, sim­i­lar to Sports Util­i­ty Ve­hi­cles (SU­Vs) with bul­let-proof glass were al­so be­ing ac­quired. It was es­ti­mat­ed one ve­hi­cle would have cost around $1 mil­li­on.

Grif­fith had said po­lice had come un­der gun­fire, with cars be­ing rid­dled with bul­lets and he’d said on­ly crim­i­nals should fear APCs. He not­ed APCs were used by Cana­di­an au­thor­i­ties in the Oc­to­ber in­ci­dent when Cana­da’s Par­lia­ment was at­tacked.

At the time then PNM PRO Faris Al-Rawi (now At­tor­ney Gen­er­al) had said the PNM was con­cerned as to “the mind and man­age­ment of na­tion­al se­cu­ri­ty op­er­a­tions, par­tic­u­lar­ly in view of the cat­a­stroph­ic de­tec­tion and con­vic­tion rate” and called on the PP to ad­dress par­tic­u­lars of na­tion­al se­cu­ri­ty as­sets.

Af­ter the PNM took of­fice, in May 2015, a spe­cial eval­u­a­tion com­mit­tee re­viewed the APC ac­qui­si­tion process and for­mer Na­tion­al Se­cu­ri­ty Min­is­ter Ed­mund Dil­lon said there’d been prob­lems with the ini­tial pro­cure­ment and APCs wouldn’t be ap­pro­pri­ate in ar­eas of TT. Grif­fith- then out of of­fice - ac­cused Dil­lon of hav­ing an “agen­da” of dis­man­tling ini­tia­tives of the pre­vi­ous gov­ern­ment. Dil­lon was re­placed by Stu­art Young as NS Min­is­ter in 2019 when Grif­fith was ap­point­ed Com­mis­sion­er.

Mean­while, Bud­get plans in­clude the up­grade of se­cu­ri­ty screen­ing equip­ment at Pi­ar­co and To­ba­go air­ports for the ca­pa­bil­i­ty of au­to­mat­ic ex­plo­sives de­tec­tion.

The TTPS was al­so al­lo­cat­ed $25m for Mo­bile De­vice Track­ing Sys­tems and pur­chase of Pub­lic Or­der Equip­ment in­clud­ing con­duc­tive en­er­gy de­vices (tasers), can­is­ter grenades, sock bean bags, launch­ers and pro­jec­tiles, seed pod launch­ers and rub­ber ba­tons, rub­ber pel­let grenades, pep­per spray and ri­ot gear kits - hel­mets, arm and chest shields and leg pro­tec­tion gear).

Fund­ing al­so in­clud­ed $1.5m for re­fur­bish­ing the Po­lice Com­mis­sion­er’s res­i­dence and $2m to re­fur­bish Po­lice Head­quar­ters.
http://www.guardian.co.tt/news/social-m ... 62f1d10090

And people thought Patrick Manning was going down de dictator route.

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » October 9th, 2019, 7:38 am

seems they preparing for mayhem. turtling up. they know exactly what foolishness the people seeing, and putting tings in place so they coudl survive the push back.

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » October 9th, 2019, 8:03 am

They can never win the social media wars cause most PNM bloggers live abroad and our two bit laws cant reach them.

But in real this is aimed at non PNM ppl

Dizzy28
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Dizzy28 » October 9th, 2019, 9:08 am

TTPS being advised by Xi Jingping?

matr1x

Postby matr1x » October 9th, 2019, 9:49 am

Its was nice knowing you all.

vaiostation
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby vaiostation » November 6th, 2019, 6:53 pm

Social media posters in trouble

The Trinidad and Tobago Police Service has launched two investigations into social media posting between Monday and Tuesday of this week, and plans to questions the persons involved.

Speaking at the Weekly Police Media Briefing today, Police Commissioner Gary Griffith said within in the first incident an individual made a video alluding to the fact that he was going “to bury a political leader in a grave and he intends to deal with her.” Griffith said, “we have to be very as to the comments that we make.”

He referred to Section 49 of the Summary Offences Act, violent language and breach of the peace, any person making use of any insulting, annoying or violent language with intent to or which might tend to provoke any other person to commit any breach of the peace, and any person who uses any obscene, indecent or profane language to the annoyance of any resident or person in any street..”

He said with that being said that person will be brought in for questioning.

“I will not going to condone in any form or fashion any individual or organisation that may cause fear or undue panic or make any threatening language or to try to incite violence in any form or fashion during this election campaign.”

Griffith said in the second matter, the other individual stated that there is a source that stated certain officials paid of medical officials big money to inject citizens with the swine flu.

“This is tantamount to madness. That individual we are going to find her and we are going to bring her in for questioning. This madness stops now.

He then advised members of the public to be very careful about the comments that they make.

https://www.cnc3.co.tt/press-release/so ... rs-trouble

maj. tom
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby maj. tom » November 6th, 2019, 7:35 pm

^ here's the video in question posted by Rovin in another thread. Not gonna lie, this man seems like he is mentally ill. :|

https://www.facebook.com/vena.dass.1/vi ... 032760136/

rspann
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby rspann » November 6th, 2019, 7:57 pm

He is a big fat idiot who tries to be relevant and cannot control his boorishness. Gary going to pull him in for questioning. Do you know threatening to use obeah is an offense? He should be charged for obscene language, insulting language and for the obeah talk. Imaging he was given work by WASA to produce an ad.

paid_influencer

Postby paid_influencer » November 6th, 2019, 8:17 pm

Griffith said in the second matter, the other individual stated that there is a source that stated certain officials paid of medical officials big money to inject citizens with the swine flu.

“This is tantamount to madness. That individual we are going to find her and we are going to bring her in for questioning. This madness stops now.

this is technically true, which is the best kind of true.

vaccines are sometimes "live attenuated" or inactivated viruses - enough to build an immune response but not enough to get you sick.

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » November 6th, 2019, 9:12 pm

But all dem PNM social media pest live abroad.

PNM police can't do dem jack 5hit

The_Honourable
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby The_Honourable » November 6th, 2019, 9:33 pm

zoom rader wrote:But all dem PNM social media pest live abroad.

PNM police can't do dem jack 5hit

lol not all.

Most of the pnm pests on social media is them ground activists who ketch dey nen nen for 4 years but they get a lil smile from Growlers so dey red and ready.

RedVEVO
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby RedVEVO » November 7th, 2019, 1:39 am

^^

Lil Stuart cannot handle the Truth ..

News and truth comes live from real people via Social Media ..

Hence peeps on Trintuner ?

Dizzy28
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Dizzy28 » November 7th, 2019, 11:35 am

Imagine if you find out Darrell Dookoo and Randull is the same person!!

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » November 7th, 2019, 11:44 am

Dizzy28 wrote:Imagine if you find out Darrell Dookoo and Randull is the same person!!

dem driving Taxi too?

hydroep
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby hydroep » November 7th, 2019, 12:12 pm

Darrell Dookoo does look like a cross between a pug dog and the poop emoji...:|

rspann
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby rspann » November 7th, 2019, 12:15 pm

hydroep wrote:Darrell Dookoo does look like a cross between a pug dog and the poop emoji...:|

At least you half correct.

bluefete
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby bluefete » November 7th, 2019, 12:43 pm

So GG finally getting his APC's? 6 of them. To send up in Laventille in the hills?

Government clearly is preparing for something.

matr1x

Postby matr1x » November 7th, 2019, 12:44 pm

Stuart and gary "can't be loyal to my wife" griff are true cancers of Trinidad

De Dragon
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby De Dragon » November 7th, 2019, 9:00 pm

Dizzy28 wrote:Imagine if you find out Darrell Dookoo and Randull is the same person!!

Could be, they are dotish and behave in the same uneducated, loud manner.

ProtonPowder
Riding on 18's

Postby ProtonPowder » November 7th, 2019, 9:05 pm

bluefete wrote:So GG finally getting his APC's? 6 of them. To send up in Laventille in the hills?

The first answer is that they are appeasing the public servants closer to election to win them back over after scapegoating them in the media a few weeks ago.

Negotations soon settle as well. This is how they normally do it.

matr1x

Postby matr1x » November 7th, 2019, 10:27 pm

I like how pnm ppl like to call out perception of racism...while engaging in it and seeing nothing wrong

88sins
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby 88sins » November 8th, 2019, 5:39 am

ProtonPowder wrote:
bluefete wrote:So GG finally getting his APC's? 6 of them. To send up in Laventille in the hills?

The first answer is that they are appeasing the public servants closer to election to win them back over after scapegoating them in the media a few weeks ago.

Negotations soon settle as well. This is how they normally do it.

Usual practice that's applied every election year. Shaft them right tru, but make dem grin just before elections and promise plenty that you will never deliver.

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » November 8th, 2019, 7:06 am

JabBa the hut is more appropriate

hydroep wrote:Darrell Dookoo does look like a cross between a pug dog and the poop emoji...:|

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”