Forums

Delinquent paying customer

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

eurotuner
12 pounds of Boost

Postby eurotuner » November 20th, 2019, 5:50 pm

So just over a year in business, I now have a delinquent customer, run around for payment. Spoke to a lawyer and she made me write him a email (using her words) mind you I've wrote him several emails. To add insult to injury he has contacted me to do FURTHER WORK, when he has not cleared his previous bills. Wanted to know what y'all had to recommend, OR those who were in similar position, what did you do. Thanks

maj. tom
TriniTuner 24-7

Re: Delinquent paying customer

Postby maj. tom » November 20th, 2019, 5:57 pm

Lawyer needs to issue a pre-action protocol letter on how her client is going to sue to recover the unpaid funds. No email business. Official stamp from the attorney office, delivered in his hand or by registered mail with receipt. I find it weird that your lawyer telling you to write emails. Emails not official enough for some people. Who knows if he even got the emails, or if they're in in junk folder, or the account just taking up cloud space.
Last edited by maj. tom on November 20th, 2019, 5:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

eliteauto
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby eliteauto » November 20th, 2019, 5:58 pm

Inform him that you're unable to continue to provide him with a service unless he clears his outstanding account. Failing to do so once it's worth it initiate legal proceedings

speedmelter
18 pounds of Boost

Postby speedmelter » November 20th, 2019, 6:00 pm

eurotuner wrote:So just over a year in business, I now have a delinquent customer, run around for payment. Spoke to a lawyer and she made me write him a email (using her words) mind you I've wrote him several emails. To add insult to injury he has contacted me to do FURTHER WORK, when he has not cleared his previous bills. Wanted to know what y'all had to recommend, OR those who were in similar position, what did you do. Thanks

I would tell you to hit him where it hurts the most but clearly he doesn’t have a heart and has balls of steel.

There’s nothing you can do but offer up yourself for more abuse.

VexXx Dogg
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby VexXx Dogg » November 20th, 2019, 6:00 pm

eliteauto wrote:Inform him that you're unable to continue to provide him with a service unless he clears his outstanding account. Failing to do so once it's worth it initiate legal proceedings

Yup

hydroep
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby hydroep » November 20th, 2019, 6:03 pm

Do NOT do additional work believing that if you don't the client will make things more difficult for you...that ship has already sailed.

They need to show good faith by paying you the outstanding balance or at least trying to work out a payment plan.

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby MaxPower » November 20th, 2019, 6:07 pm

Stop interacting/associating with Trinidadians.

ALL problems solved.

Blaze d Chalice
Riding on 17's

Postby Blaze d Chalice » November 20th, 2019, 6:10 pm

How alyuh does get in these situations though?

You have to understand when dealing with trini, make it clear they need to pay first.
No if, but, or maybe.

If you sure you have your lawyer letter, you could threaten to post him up on facebook.
But only threaten at first.

You don't want to end up like this man.
http://www.trinituner.com/v4/forums/viewtopic.php?t=744360

Duane 3NE 2NR
Admin

Postby Duane 3NE 2NR » November 20th, 2019, 6:16 pm

What were the terms of payment on the invoice?
How long has this payment been outstanding?

The_Honourable
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby The_Honourable » November 20th, 2019, 6:35 pm

eliteauto wrote:Inform him that you're unable to continue to provide him with a service unless he clears his outstanding account. Failing to do so once it's worth it initiate legal proceedings

This... and if he don't listen, do this:

maj. tom wrote:Lawyer needs to issue a pre-action protocol letter on how her client is going to sue to recover the unpaid funds. No email business. Official stamp from the attorney office, delivered in his hand or by registered mail with receipt. I find it weird that your lawyer telling you to write emails. Emails not official enough for some people. Who knows if he even got the emails, or if they're in in junk folder, or the account just taking up cloud space.

If you write them on your own, when it reaches court it shows that you was being reasonable and patient before taking court action. The guidance from the attorney to write the letter is good so that nothing in the letter/email is used against OP if or when it reaches court

If the delinquent fails to respond to you after appealing in a private capacity, the attorney steps in.

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » November 20th, 2019, 6:55 pm

That is the classic rollover bill method
If you start the new work you will probably get paid for the old job near the end of the new job.
Very common ploy used by certain % of the population.

wagonrunner
TriniTuner 24-7
Location: Distancing myself from those who want to raid the barn but eh want to plant the corn.

Postby wagonrunner » November 20th, 2019, 7:06 pm

you can do new work only if old bill is settled with interest, and new work is paid for before job commences.
letting them know if job exceeds payments, work is going tot stop until rectified.

Ben_spanna
punchin NOS

Postby Ben_spanna » November 20th, 2019, 8:13 pm

Sounds like a certain Chinese company operating in Trinidad, owing a few companies money for works done when they were fired off a job, to this day they still owe and were friking bold face and arrrogant enough to approach the company again for a quote on another job, and when asked about the outstanding balance had the audacity to say” that’s not important”...

rspann
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby rspann » November 20th, 2019, 8:18 pm

Delinquent paying customers are often caused by the business owner's disposition.