Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

88sins
TriniTuner 24-7

Re: MEN’S HEALTH

Postby 88sins » November 25th, 2019, 2:50 pm

zoom rader wrote:
Kill Carbs & sugar and live longer .

Fun fact for you,
your body actually NEEDS carbs, and a little brown cane sugar like one level teaspoon in the morning won't kill you either (quite the opposite actually)
Our real problem is multifaceted, but the core 3 are
Problem one-
Trinis does REAL EAT. To bring things into perspective for you, the average Trini, in one meal, will consume 3-4x the mass in food that he/should have for the entire day, and 5-7x the calories what. & bear in mind, that isn't considering ppl that live to drink solo & cokes. The soft drink lovers are even worse off. & most ppl never give a thought as to exactly how much sugar goes into making one 8oz cup of coke. Then go sit down at a desk or on a couch or behind the wheel for a couple hours, or lie down and sleep.

Problem two-
Plenty ppl does eat real garbage & think because it tasting nice they eating good. we generally do not pay attention to the quality of the food we eat. This needs to change.
Problem three-
Trini's, especially Trini females, lazy af. For a 99% of Trini women, if doing something gonna make them even start to feel like they might break a sweat, they not doing it. they could even be home in their house with no make up & not going anywhere.

Basically, Trinis need to eat eat higher quality food, in lower amounts, and get off they ass. One quality meal a day, that's all you really need. Any hunger pains before or after can be sated with smart snack choices & beverages. a single fruit (banana, orange, apple, mango etc) & a handful of nuts or seeds & a mouth full of water. or a cup of tea or coffee. It not hard to do at all.

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » November 25th, 2019, 3:18 pm

apart from the overindulgence in sugar
cutting back on the fried food makes a big difference too, pure junk calories
unfortunately too many people are mentally conditioned to feel full as a result of doubles/saheena/kfc/fries and other oil laden foods
and nothing else will make them feel full.

the mindset has to change but that aint happening the way folks gulp down soft drinks at pricesmart just because they can refill

our population surely surpasses the usa in obesity rates now

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » November 25th, 2019, 5:07 pm

pugboy wrote:apart from the overindulgence in sugar
cutting back on the fried food makes a big difference too, pure junk calories
unfortunately too many people are mentally conditioned to feel full as a result of doubles/saheena/kfc/fries and other oil laden foods
and nothing else will make them feel full.

the mindset has to change but that aint happening the way folks gulp down soft drinks at pricesmart just because they can refill

our population surely surpasses the usa in obesity rates now
Pug, for cycling you need the crabs and while out on training and racing the best fuel is sugar water. Load up on complex carbs two days before racing and in the race slip sugar water every 20 min or bananas.

No need to buy gels

RedVEVO
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby RedVEVO » November 25th, 2019, 5:11 pm

^^

When something is free like PriceSmart Refills - men go crazy

Those soft drinks are PURE sugars .. AS YOU DRINK YOU DEADING.

Drink water .. and

Go Gym or at least take a walk and exercise YOUR GORDO CULO .

Foot Notes :

Gordo = Fat
Culo = Ass
And if you reading this = you illiterate .
Last edited by RedVEVO on November 25th, 2019, 5:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » November 25th, 2019, 5:12 pm

88sins wrote:
zoom rader wrote:
Kill Carbs & sugar and live longer .

Fun fact for you,
your body actually NEEDS carbs, and a little brown cane sugar like one level teaspoon in the morning won't kill you either (quite the opposite actually)
Our real problem is multifaceted, but the core 3 are
Problem one-
Trinis does REAL EAT. To bring things into perspective for you, the average Trini, in one meal, will consume 3-4x the mass in food that he/should have for the entire day, and 5-7x the calories what. & bear in mind, that isn't considering ppl that live to drink solo & cokes. The soft drink lovers are even worse off. & most ppl never give a thought as to exactly how much sugar goes into making one 8oz cup of coke. Then go sit down at a desk or on a couch or behind the wheel for a couple hours, or lie down and sleep.

Problem two-
Plenty ppl does eat real garbage & think because it tasting nice they eating good. we generally do not pay attention to the quality of the food we eat. This needs to change.
Problem three-
Trini's, especially Trini females, lazy af. For a 99% of Trini women, if doing something gonna make them even start to feel like they might break a sweat, they not doing it. they could even be home in their house with no make up & not going anywhere.

Basically, Trinis need to eat eat higher quality food, in lower amounts, and get off they ass. One quality meal a day, that's all you really need. Any hunger pains before or after can be sated with smart snack choices & beverages. a single fruit (banana, orange, apple, mango etc) & a handful of nuts or seeds & a mouth full of water. or a cup of tea or coffee. It not hard to do at all.
That fun fact will kill you slowly over the years if you don't burn it off.

Yes carbs and sugar was ok maybe 100 years ago. Not today as everything is loaded with sugar.

RedVEVO
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby RedVEVO » November 25th, 2019, 5:17 pm

^^

When something is free like PriceSmart Refills - men go crazy

Those soft drinks are PURE sugars .. AS YOU DRINK YOU DEADING.

Drink water .. and

Go Gym or at least take a walk and exercise YOUR GORDO CULO .

Foot Notes :

Gordo = Fat
Culo = Ass
And if you reading this again = you sooooo illiterate , it's shocking.

88sins
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby 88sins » November 25th, 2019, 8:00 pm

No boi zr. Is not really so much that the carbs loaded with sugars, as it is that ppl tend to eat the wrong kind of carbs.
Fast released quickly absorbed carb laden foods (rice, bleached wheat flour, corn starch, etc) are quickly broken down and absorbed andif theseMUST be eaten they are best eaten in small amounts, whereas provision is slow release carbs and you can eat a little more. Keyword there is little.

l33t2
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby l33t2 » November 25th, 2019, 10:34 pm

Carbs aren't that bad, especially for gym-going folk like myself.

Though moderation is key. I see men in their 20s eating large lunches that easily over 1000 calories, then drinking a 20oz coke. I ain't seeing what they having for breakfast or dinner, but I can imagine it's much of the same. Then on weekends, iz beers down the line. In your 20s, your metabolism can handle it a bit and the fat might come on slowly. But when they hit 30+, the tire gets so big and at that point, that lifestyle and eating habits embed. Really difficult to change.

I have a friend at the gym, the guy in his 40s, 5'6" and over 250lbs. He is trying hard, but after 2 years of gym he's looking the same because he can't change his eating habits

I tried an experiment recently. I did 10-15 mins of HIIT for a month after every workout (4-5 days a week) while maintaining calories just below my maintenance ~2500 per day. Ended up losing 6-7lbs of fat while seeming to hold onto every bit of muscle (strength is the same as well). Abs almost popping and this was such minimal effort. By my calculations I was 300 under calorie each day for that month. So 300 x 30 = 9000....that's roughly 2-3lbs of fat I should have lost. But adding in HITT where according to my apply Watch I was burning only 100-150 cals per session (so 4.5 sessions per week * 4 * 125 ave calories burnt = 2250)......anyway, before i pullout my entire spreadsheet, it appears adding HIIT almost doubled my expected fat loss. Incredible results.

Btw it is so easy to get 2000-2500 calories a day and still have snacks or the occasional junk. Stir fry some chicken breasts, lean pork/beef with some simple low cal sauces, some veges, even sprinkle some cheese. Add a sweet potato for carbs. That's 500-700 caloires, tastes great and about 50g of protein.

Like many others said here, cut fried foods and soft drinks. Also, cut all of them Chinese with all the sauces and Indian food and snacks, those burgers (easily over 1000 cals). There's no reason your meals should be more than 600 calories.

Btw for snacks, I'm downing a Cafe Latte every morning, sometimes a pastry during the day and at night after gym some fruit or ice cream. And I losing fat with doing that.

screwbash
Riding on 18's

Postby screwbash » November 26th, 2019, 2:49 am

allyuh mean i hadda stop meh 3 doubles and small coke every morning?

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » November 26th, 2019, 7:03 am

screwbash wrote:allyuh mean i hadda stop meh 3 doubles and small coke every morning?

only if you can burn it off

88sins
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby 88sins » November 26th, 2019, 7:04 am

Well if yuh cyah stop dry so, cut it back to one doubles and a water

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » November 26th, 2019, 7:49 am

cutting out 2 doubles and a cokes will drop at least 500 calories
easily lose a pound per week if he can keep that up

88sins wrote:Well if yuh cyah stop dry so, cut it back to one doubles and a water

screwbash
Riding on 18's

Postby screwbash » November 26th, 2019, 7:57 am

cutting out is hard, i cut out the alcohol but the smoking is presha to stop. roti and bread has been replaced with almond flour bread and roti, rice replaced with veggies or cauliflower, potatoes and ground provision is once per week etc but is the doubles and the smoking is the hardest to stop.

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » November 26th, 2019, 8:06 am

eat one doubles and eat a small snack mid morning, like some nuts or granola bar.

it is hard to train your mind to not require the fullness feeling of greasy food
but it can be done. I've eaten doubles 4 times for the year so far.
used to eat once or twice a week.

screwbash wrote:cutting out is hard, i cut out the alcohol but the smoking is presha to stop. roti and bread has been replaced with almond flour bread and roti, rice replaced with veggies or cauliflower, potatoes and ground provision is once per week etc but is the doubles and the smoking is the hardest to stop.

88sins
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby 88sins » November 26th, 2019, 9:24 am

pugboy wrote:eat one doubles and eat a small snack mid morning, like some nuts or granola bar.

it is hard to train your mind to not require the fullness feeling of greasy food
but it can be done. I've eaten doubles 4 times for the year so far.
used to eat once or twice a week.

screwbash wrote:cutting out is hard, i cut out the alcohol but the smoking is presha to stop. roti and bread has been replaced with almond flour bread and roti, rice replaced with veggies or cauliflower, potatoes and ground provision is once per week etc but is the doubles and the smoking is the hardest to stop.

I'd avoid that altogether, granola bars nowadays full of sugar, & have a fruit instead, ideally something local.
a ripe julie mango satisfies hunger much better and longer than any nature valley product.

goalpost
punchin NOS

Postby goalpost » November 26th, 2019, 10:03 am

Had a health scare earlier this year & changed my lifestyle. I started eating better and exercising nearly every day.To this day I lost 70lbs and I am at 160lbs at 5'11". I'm seeing veins on my abdomen I didnt know where there.

Granted anyone can die anyday, but I do not plan to burden my kids with having to take care of me when I reach 50 or so.
I am currently 35, and it's only this year I've accepted I cannot live haywire like in my 20s. My mother has diabetes in her family and she died at 56. My father drank way too much alcohol and died at 58. I would like to reach at least 60. If I go before that, at least it wouldn't be because of my lifestyle.
In the last few years my greys have accelerated. I am aging. Men need to accept this and create an enjoyable & healthy lifestyle to suit their age. And yes, healthy can be enjoyable.

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » November 26th, 2019, 10:07 am

goalpost wrote:Had a health scare earlier this year & changed my lifestyle. I started eating better and exercising nearly every day.To this day I lost 70lbs and I am at 160lbs at 5'11". I'm seeing veins on my abdomen I didnt know where there.

Granted anyone can die anyday, but I do not plan to burden my kids with having to take care of me when I reach 50 or so.
I am currently 35, and it's only this year I've accepted I cannot live haywire like in my 20s. My mother has diabetes in her family and she died at 56. My father drank way too much alcohol and died at 58. I would like to reach at least 60. If I go before that, at least it wouldn't be because of my lifestyle.
In the last few years my greys have accelerated. I am aging. Men need to accept this and create an enjoyable & healthy lifestyle to suit their age. And yes, healthy can be enjoyable.

Damm Dude.

Congarts on your weight loss

RedVEVO
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby RedVEVO » November 27th, 2019, 2:03 pm

screwbash wrote:allyuh mean i hadda stop meh 3 doubles and small coke every morning?

Yes ...

That is "doubles" grease .. and cheap oil - your arteries must be blocked up already .
Coke is pure 100 sugar ..

Just eat the channa ( chick peas )and put the salad in it bro ..

And exercise daily ..

And go doctor and get a full blood work etc.

INHUMAN
Riding on 18's

Postby INHUMAN » November 27th, 2019, 2:22 pm

Ya'll barrel belly men should find and salvage the lil piggyleeks ya'll have under all that lipase instead of searching for every bar and doublesman to add to the injury.

screwbash
Riding on 18's

Postby screwbash » November 27th, 2019, 4:11 pm

everyday yuh see doubles men packed, fry chicken and pizza places packed, doh ask for chinese food places. chinese giving you cheapest rice, cheap foreign chicken and it selling like hops bread. even sandwich shop using chicken with fillers like soya and gluten and passing it as teriyaki chicken etc and the place PACKED. is it people stress eating to make themselves happy in this wold of work work work and still ketch ass?
stress is a bigger killer dan all the doubles and fry chicken and soda.
yuh go for a drive to relax yuh self is bad drive or traffic all over so dat is stressful, go beach or river is ah set of loud music banging, yuh go movies- it too dam expensive for what you getting, when i man dun paying $500 ah month for cable, cyah smoke or drink, wat else it have ?

sweeks
3NE2NR Diesel Boyz

Postby sweeks » November 27th, 2019, 8:37 pm

Good stuff

Watch Game Changers

matr1x
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Postby matr1x » November 27th, 2019, 11:27 pm

One of the biggest change you can make is stress reduction. From that things flow and encourage you to seek better food options and then exercise.

Went from 256 to 182 in a year and a half, and lemme tell you, not carrying that weight felt incredible

RedVEVO
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby RedVEVO » November 28th, 2019, 3:32 pm

^^

Stress reduction is a must for everybody .

Trini people always angry .. I think they want to purposely die ..

This is because of the PNM and their policies .

People think when they sick other people will care for them ..

Church Tanty and Uncle will give them free room and board ..

But when you overweight or fat - it is just a matter of time that you get a stroke .

So eat less, more fruits and vegetable and talk a walk everyday and vote UNC.

Within 2 weeks you will be marvelous .

I promise you ..

mark2.0
Riding on 17's

Postby mark2.0 » November 28th, 2019, 6:55 pm

sweeks wrote:Good stuff

Watch Game Changers

I thought I couldn’t stop eat meat, Game changers (documentary) change that.

sweeks
3NE2NR Diesel Boyz

Postby sweeks » November 28th, 2019, 9:07 pm

Stress stress stress

Doing something to reduce this. Exercise, play music, talk to someone..... Find your niche .... And see yourself transcend

Your true wealth is your health (mental and physical)

Zetski
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby Zetski » November 29th, 2019, 3:36 am

Do like zoom... plant gyardun and mine cow & chicken so you know what you eating... eating carbs is like having PNM in power

rspann
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby rspann » November 29th, 2019, 7:03 am

All the stress he taking on about the PNM will cancel out all those benefits.

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » November 29th, 2019, 8:09 am

rspann wrote:All the stress he taking on about the PNM will cancel out all those benefits.

Stess relief is dem PNM women ,

UNC women only after House, Land and USA trip

rspann
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby rspann » November 29th, 2019, 8:42 am

So the PNM women free?

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » November 29th, 2019, 8:55 am

rspann wrote:So the PNM women free?

Lil car ride , some food and panties drop .

UNC women is too much work and stress

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”