"The customer is always right" but what happens when

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

hover11
TriniTuner 24-7

Re: Re:

Postby hover11 » February 7th, 2023, 5:22 pm

paid_influencer wrote:
hover11 wrote:Starting pay for the public service for a clerk 1 is $4000 in this day and age. Wtf that supposed to do yet the employer (government ) expect performance, imagine a paralegal making $8000 under the public service that's way less than I make and I say to myself how can you expect performance when you pay ppl dog sheit. Pay ppl dog sheit pay and you will get dog sheit results.

counterpoint: plenty people suffering bad bad in the private sector and would jump at the chance for stable income
Do you know how oil field workers received such highly paid salaries? Do you think it was by chance or that happened overnight. Do a history check, petrotrin workers decided in Eric Williams time that they not working and down tools....in a matter of days because of the amount of money the country was losing Eric Williams gave them a 75 percent pay increase.....I will leave that there
Last edited by hover11 on February 7th, 2023, 5:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Chimera
TriniTuner 24-7

Re: "The customer is always right" but what happens when

Postby Chimera » February 7th, 2023, 5:23 pm

Public servants real like up themselves for the pandemic. While not believing in the pandemic

paid_influencer
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Postby paid_influencer » February 7th, 2023, 5:41 pm

hover11 wrote:
paid_influencer wrote:
hover11 wrote:Starting pay for the public service for a clerk 1 is $4000 in this day and age. Wtf that supposed to do yet the employer (government ) expect performance, imagine a paralegal making $8000 under the public service that's way less than I make and I say to myself how can you expect performance when you pay ppl dog sheit. Pay ppl dog sheit pay and you will get dog sheit results.

counterpoint: plenty people suffering bad bad in the private sector and would jump at the chance for stable income
Do you know how oil field workers received such highly paid salaries? Do you think it was by chance or that happened overnight. Do a history check, petrotrin workers decided in Eric Williams time that they not working and down tools....in a matter of days because of the amount of money the country was losing Eric Williams gave them a 75 percent pay increase.....I will leave that there

oh I agree with you. If your employers want the extra mile they should pay for the extra mile. It is a duty not just to yourself but to your comrades. Routinely giving free unpaid labour is a disservice to labour as a whole.

DMan7
punchin NOS

Postby DMan7 » February 7th, 2023, 6:09 pm

Going the extra mile without pay tends to be something people agree to in interviews when asked that question to nudge the employer into thinking they are the best candidate for the job.

Chimera
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Chimera » February 7th, 2023, 6:14 pm

So when yuh leading d revolution hoovie

wing
Riding on 18's

Postby wing » February 7th, 2023, 6:25 pm

hover11 wrote:
paid_influencer wrote:

That's probably true, because oilfield and refinery workers actually produced something which earned revenue which is then used to pay for all sorts of things...so to equate a manufacturing worker to an office worker shows ignorance of reality.

wing
Riding on 18's

Postby wing » February 7th, 2023, 6:26 pm

wing wrote:
hover11 wrote:
paid_influencer wrote:

That's probably true, because oilfield and refinery workers actually produced something which earned revenue which is then used to pay for all sorts of things...so to equate a manufacturing worker to an office worker shows ignorance of reality.
Btw Eric Williams gave workers 75%, Kamla only gave 9%.... what happen there Mr Butler?

wing
Riding on 18's

Postby wing » February 7th, 2023, 6:28 pm

DMan7 wrote:Going the extra mile without pay tends to be something people agree to in interviews when asked that question to nudge the employer into thinking they are the best candidate for the job.
To get through in the public service is either nepotism, party affiliation or oral manipulation...I shudder to think how our resident union representative get his cushy job.

hover11
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby hover11 » February 7th, 2023, 6:29 pm

paid_influencer wrote:
hover11 wrote:
paid_influencer wrote:

oh I agree with you. If your employers want the extra mile they should pay for the extra mile. It is a duty not just to yourself but to your comrades. Routinely giving free unpaid labour is a disservice to labour as a whole.
That's why I stop doing overtime. It makes no sense. You want ppl to go the extra mile be motivated but you paying them a 2013 salary. Funny enough you have the money for Overtime, which means you don't care or a give a sheit about employees , you only care about targets. So no thanks. My scope is 8 to 4 ....3:59 I pack up and that extra minute I head out the door.....

hover11
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby hover11 » February 8th, 2023, 2:08 pm

How a customer will come with a blank form and say I have to complete it, I tell him that's not my job nor is it in my job description. The pensioners I will assist because they coming down in age but you can't tell me an able bodied big hardback man can't complete a simple form plus have attitude on top of it. Sorry learn to read and write.

st7
punchin NOS

Postby st7 » February 8th, 2023, 3:23 pm

that's ageism

maj. tom
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby maj. tom » February 8th, 2023, 3:28 pm

What if the person really can't read or write and needs help? You discriminating so?

hover11
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby hover11 » February 8th, 2023, 3:29 pm

maj. tom wrote:What if the person really can't read or write and needs help? You discriminating so?
Walk with someone to assist you...if you can't read or write dog better than you

maj. tom
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby maj. tom » February 8th, 2023, 3:36 pm

isn't it your job to assist the public when they asking for it regarding your field?
You really like this in real life?

st7
punchin NOS

Postby st7 » February 8th, 2023, 3:44 pm

hovie does only want to use people like a leech. then cry and criticize when no one helps or nothing goes his way.

but sometimes he does get conned and slapped, and be at wit's end lol

DMan7
punchin NOS

Postby DMan7 » February 8th, 2023, 3:48 pm

Sometimes in life you have to give and take, its not always black and white even if "it's not my job to do that" type of mentality. You might be in a situation in life where you will need help from someone who has to go out of there way to help you and you would be glad for the help. You can't sound bitter in life for everything, it isn't healthy and might end up coming back to bite you in the future as a form of divine intervention.

hover11
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby hover11 » February 8th, 2023, 3:53 pm

maj. tom wrote:isn't it your job to assist the public when they asking for it regarding your field?
You really like this in real life?
Not to educate nor read and write for you. To prevent fraud we cannot write on your forms. Also we are timed on how long we spend with customers to achieve "targets" so the time I spend helping this person I'm not achieving my targets. As numbers is the name of the name of the game to the higher ups not compassion unfortunately

adnj
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby adnj » February 8th, 2023, 3:54 pm

"Can you park some where else? I'm doing work on my house."

" You should have thought about where to park before you started work on your house."

Chimera
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Chimera » February 8th, 2023, 4:01 pm

Hovie I now realize why so much bad things happen to you. Whether you believe in it or not...karma exists....when you generally treat ppl like sheit then it will come back at you in different ways. I'm not a nice person myself but I know I do enough good deeds and help people that are of no benefit for me that it balances off. But it looks like you're just a general muffler bearing.

hover11
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby hover11 » February 8th, 2023, 4:03 pm

Phone Surgeon wrote:Hovie I now realize why so much bad things happen to you. Whether you believe in it or not...karma exists....when you generally treat ppl like sheit then it will come back at you in different ways. I'm not a nice person myself but I know I do enough good deeds and help people that are of no benefit for me that it balances off. But it looks like you're just a general muffler bearing.
Don't need any advice from you keep your two cents....wasn't asked for nor wanted. Telling me about karma it have ppl that get away with murder every day in this country along with theft and live a pretty good life most times never seeing the consequences of their actions. Save the karma talk for somebody else.

Chimera
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Chimera » February 8th, 2023, 4:36 pm

whether you asked for my advice, you need it.

look at your life. look at how people treat you like a imps. change your life. be better.

hover11
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby hover11 » February 8th, 2023, 4:56 pm

DMan7 wrote:Sometimes in life you have to give and take, its not always black and white even if "it's not my job to do that" type of mentality. You might be in a situation in life where you will need help from someone who has to go out of there way to help you and you would be glad for the help. You can't sound bitter in life for everything, it isn't healthy and might end up coming back to bite you in the future as a form of divine intervention.
When someone does something that is outside of their portfolio and sheit hits the fan nobody covering for you. The better thing to do in work is do what is in black and white because if anything should happen the first thing they will ask is who instructed you to do that, it's that moment everyone will pull out themselves ....industrial relations 101

Chimera
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Chimera » February 8th, 2023, 5:09 pm

Hovie...how can helping someone full out a dorm or answering their question on your lunch hour ever backfire on you?

hover11
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby hover11 » February 8th, 2023, 5:18 pm

Phone Surgeon wrote:Hovie...how can helping someone full out a dorm or answering their question on your lunch hour ever backfire on you?
Did you read we are timed on how long we spend on persons. Filling out forms for persons does not fall under targets , the time taken to assist that person I could have helped 5 other persons and you self might say why you waiting so long if you were seated? It simple you can't read or write , that's unfortunate but bring someone to assist you. The disabled /elderly people I will facilitate i can justify why i spent so long on that customer, not ppl who able bodied and choose they don't want to fill out a simple form. I can't justify spending time to complete a form for someone able-bodied. Concerning lunch hour I choose not to assist on my lunch hour.

DMan7
punchin NOS

Postby DMan7 » February 8th, 2023, 5:31 pm

I'll say one thing though, going out of your way to do certain things in work is a double edged sword. I remember doing many things outside of my work duties which is an extra function completely separate from my job description and I am forever stuck doing that extra function forever as the first time you decide to do it people would expect that extra duty is now part of your job role and if you refuse to do it anymore you'll be forsaking your job duties.

You just have to make sure to be careful of what duties you decide to do outside of your job roles as you might end up getting stuck with doing it forever from that point onwards.

st7
punchin NOS

Re:

Postby st7 » February 8th, 2023, 5:39 pm

hover11 wrote:I don't know about that extra mile part though, I do the bare minimum, I'm not paid based on performance, if I do 100 tasks per day vs 5 a day I recieve the same pay. So there is no extra mile I'm sorry.

hover11 wrote:Also we are timed on how long we spend with customers to achieve "targets" so the time I spend helping this person I'm not achieving my targets. As numbers is the name of the name of the game to the higher ups not compassion unfortunately

doh mind me, i cyar reed or right, but this man "have his MBA" so long now, n still wukkin in the entry level job
Last edited by st7 on February 8th, 2023, 5:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

hover11
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby hover11 » February 8th, 2023, 5:40 pm

DMan7 wrote:I'll say one thing though, going out of your way to do certain things in work is a double edged sword. I remember doing many things outside of my work duties which is an extra function completely separate from my job description and I am forever stuck doing that extra function forever as the first time you decide to do it people would expect that extra duty is now part of your job role and if you refuse to do it anymore you'll be forsaking your job duties.

You just have to make sure to be careful of what duties you decide to do outside of your job roles as you might end up getting stuck with doing it forever from that point onwards.
Exactly , I hope you know in the unfortunate day that you are injured or reprimanded for something you did wrong while doing something not outlined in your job description, you have absolutely nothing to get. Always important to ask for a copy of your job description the first week of work to know the parameters of your duties and responsibilities

wing
Riding on 18's

Postby wing » February 8th, 2023, 5:47 pm

DMan7 wrote:I'll say one thing though, going out of your way to do certain things in work is a double edged sword. I remember doing many things outside of my work duties which is an extra function completely separate from my job description and I am forever stuck doing that extra function forever as the first time you decide to do it people would expect that extra duty is now part of your job role and if you refuse to do it anymore you'll be forsaking your job duties.

At this time, hover is correct. When the shtf, and questions are posed, veering outside of your job scope creates additional liability for the employer and thus, you can be subject to discipline.

paid_influencer
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Postby paid_influencer » February 8th, 2023, 6:39 pm

i think under kamla they had a ttconnect and some kinda government thing (i think under the Ministry of the People) where people could physically go and get help with government forms.

nowadays if you want that kinda thing, you have to go by a cyber cafe. some of them fellas get so verse fulling out forms that they advertise themselves as 'consultants' in all kinda thing.

problem with that is when chit go wrong people blame the 'consultant' or the cyber cafe that help them with the form. and this island is a violent place. the other day i see one of them 'consultant' get kill out.

hovee do the right thing imo. if they have questions, answer, but leave people to full out their own form.

Chimera
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Chimera » February 8th, 2023, 9:40 pm

Wait na hovie...you're a lowly front office staff? D fuq. You're obviously no one high level if you hadda wear uniform and at the point where you timed on how much time you spend behind customers. D way you does talk I swear your a permanent sec

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”