Forums

"The customer is always right" but what happens when

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

redmanjp
TriniTuner 24-7

Re:

Postby redmanjp » November 29th, 2019, 11:35 am

gastly369 wrote:Prefer my international services...local warranty guarantee is chitScreenshot_20191128_144824.jpeg

the thing about warranty for stuff u bringing down to T&T is does that warranty apply to T&T and even if it does do they ship TO T&T for free or make you pay for that :roll:

let's say u ship to a skybox and they bring it in and it's defective to u have to pay to ship it from or to T&T

Redman
TriniTuner 24-7

Re: "The customer is always right" but what happens when

Postby Redman » November 29th, 2019, 11:50 am

Since 2001 Ive had 3 issues with stuff off of Amazon.
Twice they replaced -no questions asked.
The other the vendor refunded-NQA.

The issues Ive had here-shoes dry rotted-the store hemmed and hawed and despite having a bill -I just told them to Fkoff because it wasnt worth the effort-both items failed within 6 months-of light duty.

As sad as it is to say-local quality sucks as much as the after sale service.

kuchurV2
Street 2NR

Postby kuchurV2 » November 29th, 2019, 11:54 am

The "Customer is always right" once all policies are adhered to. A customer needs to ask questions and understand some of these policies are put in place due to experience. What i have noticed is, customer respect bigger international brands. The behavior they would give a small business, they will not say boo at a franchise.

If i go to a small business, before i buy, i think of all the wrong things.
eg. If i have problems. How is this handled? How long?
Where is that stated on your bill or anywhere. This protects me and also the business by setting the expectation.

However not everybody have sense.

redmanjp
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby redmanjp » November 29th, 2019, 12:02 pm

Redman wrote:Since 2001 Ive had 3 issues with stuff off of Amazon.
Twice they replaced -no questions asked.
The other the vendor refunded-NQA.

The issues Ive had here-shoes dry rotted-the store hemmed and hawed and despite having a bill -I just told them to Fkoff because it wasnt worth the effort-both items failed within 6 months-of light duty.

As sad as it is to say-local quality sucks as much as the after sale service.

yeah some businesses are at the opposite end where they just doh care for selling defective items which is the minimum protection the law should give consumers- i not asking for the ability to return unwanted items (like you can do in MANY US stores) just that when u sell me a defective item after receiving my money you ought to give me a full refund or at least an exchange.

hydroep
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby hydroep » November 29th, 2019, 12:12 pm

Returns...

A lady bought a book for her daughter and brought it back to "exchange" for another because "Consumer Affairs say if you carry back a product the store supposed to take it".

Explained to her that if the item was defective that would be no problem. But there was nothing wrong with it, plus the spine was now bent and there were fingerprints on the pages.

Her response? "But I'm telling allyuh Consumer Affairs say allyuh supposed to take it back. I hear that on the radio".

To be fair she was civil about the matter and so were we. In the end she kept it and returned a few weeks later to buy another in the series normal normal as if nothing had happened.

People will try a shot...is up to you if you want to take the hit or return fire...:lol:

kuchurV2
Street 2NR

Postby kuchurV2 » November 29th, 2019, 2:39 pm

hydroep wrote:Returns...

A lady bought a book for her daughter and brought it back to "exchange" for another because "Consumer Affairs say if you carry back a product the store supposed to take it".

Explained to her that if the item was defective that would be no problem. But there was nothing wrong with it, plus the spine was now bent and there were fingerprints on the pages.

Her response? "But I'm telling allyuh Consumer Affairs say allyuh supposed to take it back. I hear that on the radio".

To be fair she was civil about the matter and so were we. In the end she kept it and returned a few weeks later to buy another in the series normal normal as if nothing had happened.

People will try a shot...is up to you if you want to take the hit or return fire...:lol:

My boss contacted consumer affairs and a team visited and helped align our policies.

hydroep
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby hydroep » November 29th, 2019, 3:14 pm

kuchurV2 wrote:
hydroep wrote:Returns...

My boss contacted consumer affairs and a team visited and helped align our policies.

Wise move, you can"t be too careful these days.

Chimera
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Chimera » January 6th, 2022, 11:59 am

i have some nice stories from the end of 2021 for allyuh

1) Customer bought a iphone 8 for $2000 and paid with Linx
when she went home she find out her husband buy a iphone XR for her so she decide she want to bring back the phone she buy from me. No scene.(i have endless other customers for the phone and even thought i dont have to refund her, i eh like the headache with dotish people) I tell her drop it back and we have to check it out to make sure everything good with the phone, that it have no accounts on it or nothing the phone wasn't opened etc and we will let the bank to a linx reversal
She eh want that, she now buy the phone and she bringing it back and she must get cash immediately
i tell her it dont work so, that linx has to reverse the transaction, if she paid cash she would get back cash, if she paid with linx then the transaction has to be reversed.
now she apparently borrowed someone else linx card to pay (remember these days you dont ask for ID anymore with link, once someone has their PIN thats all they need)
so she don't want to money send back to the account. she want CASH
that end up with a whole consumer affairs thing because bank staff weren't working everyday and by the time they take to respond it takes about 4-6 weeks to reverse the transaction. if you see how crazy this woman was eh,
she make all kinda threats about she going to social media and ian alleyne and we robbing people and she pay she money she must get back she item and consumer affairs advise her that I MUST give her back cash

i have some real funny emails between me and consumer affairs where they saying she outright lying and they advise her that she has to wait for the bank reversal.

2) a policeman call my technician a week before christmas, he claim he buy a iphone 11 pro max screen 6 months before and he need back a copy of the receipt because he buy the phone from amazon and he need a receipt to show them he repair so they will refund him for the phone because it come faulty. Now a 11 pro max screen is a rare repair, because of the cost we don't really advise it so we must be only do 4 of those repairs in the last year. and this police definitely wasn't one of those 4 people.
we look through the repair receipt books, we find the other 4 people
he show up by the store in full police kit with his machine gun and 2 of his co workers, he come for the receipt
demanding if we can't find a copy of his receipt that we make a new one for him and backdate it
u know this mc just want a fake receipt so he could make a fake claim and trying to chain up people to make one for him

3) a fella who does do board work/ ic work on phones regularly buys damaged phones from us that he then fixes and repairs and resells
he buy a phone from us for $700 the other day, did some repairs and sold it for $2300 to one of his co workers
when his customer get problems with the phone you know the fcker send them by me for the $2300 refund
that was a next bacchanal scene, i show his co workers what he does and they dealt with him on their own

4) i also do financing for customers who want to buy phones on 6 month to 3 year plans, during christmas month alot of staff for the credit check part of the process were on quarantine so things were taking 2-3 weeks instead of 2 or 3 days
it had a woman message and call everyday 4-5 times a day to find out what going on with her application, after repeatedly informing her that most of the staff on quarantine and she will have to wait a while. she messaging and quarelling how her application taking so long and she need the item for christmas for her child bla bla bla
2 days before christmas the credit check come back, she owing $14,000 to courts...i send her the report and never get a response or hear back from her again

5) last week a fella apply for a iphone 13 pro and something else for $18,000
then after we do the quotation and start the credit check he change his mind and want a 12 pro instead
after we redo the quotation he change his mind and say he want a 11 pro max instead
i tell him no, stick with the 12 pro or it going to take 3 months to redo the quotation
you know yesterday when the bailiff gone to investigate his job and job letter, it have no business place at that address and no one answering the phone number for his employer
fake job letter, fake pay slip, fake business address,

these mc

bluefete
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby bluefete » January 6th, 2022, 12:08 pm

Phone Surgeon wrote:i have some nice stories from the end of 2021 for allyuh

2) a policeman call my technician a week before christmas, he claim he buy a iphone 11 pro max screen 6 months before and he need back a copy of the receipt because he buy the phone from amazon and he need a receipt to show them he repair so they will refund him for the phone because it come faulty. Now a 11 pro max screen is a rare repair, because of the cost we don't really advise it so we must be only do 4 of those repairs in the last year. and this police definitely wasn't one of those 4 people.
he show up by the store in full police kit with his machine gun and 2 of his co workers, he come for the receipt
demanding if we can't find a copy of his receipt that we make a new one for him and backdate it
u know this mc just want a fake receipt so he could make a fake claim and trying to chain up people to make one for him
these mc

So a police officer in full uniform wanted you to commit a criminal offence aka FRAUD!
This is where video with volume would come in useful.

And that police officer is still walking around "normel, normel"!

Chimera
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Chimera » January 6th, 2022, 12:10 pm

there is video with volume. i have several cameras in the store
but why in the world would i post that

bluefete
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby bluefete » January 6th, 2022, 12:20 pm

Phone Surgeon wrote:there is video with volume. i have several cameras in the store

It is not about posting it.

A police officer in uniform tried to entice a civilian to commit fraud.

There are serious implications for that in law.

Rovin
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Rovin » January 6th, 2022, 12:25 pm

wow just wow, good thing i not in that phone bisnis otherwise i mighta trip or hadda find ah next wuk

in my line of work on rare occasions ppl do sh1t with products or their mango tree installers doing sh1t & quick to blame products or store who sold d products, they will never admit wrong for d sh1t they do ... this is why i always test stuff in front customer b4 they leave

Chimera
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Chimera » January 6th, 2022, 12:28 pm

bluefete wrote:
Phone Surgeon wrote:there is video with volume. i have several cameras in the store

first time in Trinidad i assume?

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » January 6th, 2022, 12:35 pm

the problem is you might not get any protection after

Chimera
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Chimera » January 6th, 2022, 1:29 pm

i now remember this one

a woman buy a s7 last year like september
she call a month after and say the phone over heating and she dont know why , no problem, i tell her bring it back for us to check
she bring it back and the phone cracked back and front, screen cracked but working, back glass completely cracked up.
we advise her that trying to open the phone to check it will most likely result in the screen completely not working as it already damaged. she say she have warranty so so she will take a replacement phone.
we tell her to read her receipt, it specifically say no warranty for damaged lcd but we would TRY to get a screen at her for cost price and install it for her free, ($900 instead of $1200)

she say okay no problem
we couldnt get the screen because no one locally had it and to order it in was costing more than that as everything wordwide raise in price, customs was done on their 3-8 week delay flabbergastery so we tell her we wouldn't be able to get the screen at that discounted price and she could probably check around
people locally were selling the screen for 1300 for 1400 and she didnt want to pay that.

we inform her we cant get the screen as we hoped, thats where the gun talk and threats start

we sell her a phone that over heating, the phone not good, the phone never work from the first day(a month after she bring it back with the whole phone cracked up eh) and if we dunno who she is
she will shoot up the store, she will shoot up the building.
A few calls to me to say she know what i driving she will wait for me and shoot up my vehicle. i hang up on her and check her full name and call her back while recording the convo. i ask her if shes Jane Doe concerning the S7 , she say yes, i ask her if shes the person now call and threatening to shoot me and shoot up the business place where I working, she ask me why i calling her by her name and why i want to know that for, i tell her that i leaving her phone at freeport police station for her to collect. when she go to collect it they have some questions for her.
She trip off again, she leave she phone by we , she not going in no station for no phone, she never leave any phone by any station. i tell her that the police have some questions for her since she claim she have a gun and coming to shoot up the place. she say she never say that. i list out her full address and name and tell her when she go home it will have police waiting to talk to her about those threats. she hang up

about 2 weeks later she send someone to quietly collect the phone with no issue .

Chimera
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Chimera » January 6th, 2022, 1:56 pm

and right now we have the same issue we have every year

people will come christmas week and buy phones
then get gifts of phones for christmas

and want to return our phones for refunds 1st and 2nd week in January claiming all kinda bs

every year same issue

VexXx Dogg
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby VexXx Dogg » January 6th, 2022, 3:08 pm

Jesus Crix, you have some tales bai.
You should write a book

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » January 6th, 2022, 3:17 pm

man running a cash back service

do you know linx supposed has a cash back feature?
you supposed to be able to withdraw cash from linx merchant, with some fees of course
but i don’t think it was ever pushed as merchants don’t want the hassle of having a large float

Redman
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Redman » January 6th, 2022, 3:22 pm

bluefete wrote:

Treating it any other way have serious implications in life

Chimera
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Chimera » January 6th, 2022, 3:23 pm

20th december a fella call me about a iphone 11 pro, only had one left
i operate strictly on a first come first serve basis and i tell everyone this, we don't keep items for anyone at all.
this results in some angry customers sometimes but it is what it is, i've been set up too much by no shows so its strictly first come first serve, if you coming from far, make a payment with online banking and we will keep the item for you

so with the 11 pro ($5500), a man call early a morning , 9 am, he want the 11 pro, he coming for it for sure but he could only come around 1pm, i tell him call before he leave to see if we still have it and that we only take linx and cash, no credit card
around 3pm he sent someone to purchase it, the person come with credit card , i tell him no, only linx or cash
he left and went driving around trying to withdraw the cash and didnt get through, then call back and ask if he could pay the 3% extra and pay with his credit card. i tell him no problem. he come back around 4pm and swipe $5665 and left with the item,
i done turn down about 3 people between 12 noon and 3pm who called for the same item (christmas rush, real people didnt get stuff cleared from customs so people begging for phones that week)

so anyway...homeboy swipe his $5665 and left with the phone at 4pm...you know 415 he would call me back and say he dont want the phone again, how the fella who send him for it change his mind, how he coming to bring back the phone and need his CASH back to use it for christmas

well not a firetruck of that
first of all that suspicious as firetruck

in 15 minutes you can swap out a board between two iphones, you can swap out a screen
i tell him bring it back and ill have to check it out because what he just did is very suspicious

and you pay with credit card so you have to wait whatever amount of weeks for that refund with the credit card company.

funny thing is that he come with a credit card that wasn't matching his name as well as the name he made me put on a receipt was a different name

but he had the correct PIN for the card so it look like someone give him the card to use and he was trying to get cash using the card.

j.o.e
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Postby j.o.e » January 6th, 2022, 3:53 pm

Phone Surgeon wrote:i have some nice stories from the end of 2021 for allyuh

1) Customer bought a iphone 8 for $2000 and paid with Linx
when she went home she find out her husband buy a iphone XR for her so she decide she want to bring back the phone she buy from me. No scene.(i have endless other customers for the phone and even thought i dont have to refund her, i eh like the headache with dotish people) I tell her drop it back and we have to check it out to make sure everything good with the phone, that it have no accounts on it or nothing the phone wasn't opened etc and we will let the bank to a linx reversal
She eh want that, she now buy the phone and she bringing it back and she must get cash immediately
i tell her it dont work so, that linx has to reverse the transaction, if she paid cash she would get back cash, if she paid with linx then the transaction has to be reversed.
now she apparently borrowed someone else linx card to pay (remember these days you dont ask for ID anymore with link, once someone has their PIN thats all they need)
so she don't want to money send back to the account. she want CASH
that end up with a whole consumer affairs thing because bank staff weren't working everyday and by the time they take to respond it takes about 4-6 weeks to reverse the transaction. if you see how crazy this woman was eh,
she make all kinda threats about she going to social media and ian alleyne and we robbing people and she pay she money she must get back she item and consumer affairs advise her that I MUST give her back cash

i have some real funny emails between me and consumer affairs where they saying she outright lying and they advise her that she has to wait for the bank reversal.

3) a fella who does do board work/ ic work on phones regularly buys damaged phones from us that he then fixes and repairs and resells
he buy a phone from us for $700 the other day, did some repairs and sold it for $2300 to one of his co workers
when his customer get problems with the phone you know the fcker send them by me for the $2300 refund
that was a next bacchanal scene, i show his co workers what he does and they dealt with him on their own

4) i also do financing for customers who want to buy phones on 6 month to 3 year plans, during christmas month alot of staff for the credit check part of the process were on quarantine so things were taking 2-3 weeks instead of 2 or 3 days
it had a woman message and call everyday 4-5 times a day to find out what going on with her application, after repeatedly informing her that most of the staff on quarantine and she will have to wait a while. she messaging and quarelling how her application taking so long and she need the item for christmas for her child bla bla bla
2 days before christmas the credit check come back, she owing $14,000 to courts...i send her the report and never get a response or hear back from her again

5) last week a fella apply for a iphone 13 pro and something else for $18,000
then after we do the quotation and start the credit check he change his mind and want a 12 pro instead
after we redo the quotation he change his mind and say he want a 11 pro max instead
i tell him no, stick with the 12 pro or it going to take 3 months to redo the quotation
you know yesterday when the bailiff gone to investigate his job and job letter, it have no business place at that address and no one answering the phone number for his employer
fake job letter, fake pay slip, fake business address,

these mc

So wait you give the people the phone before paid off ? That not kinda risky ? Just asking

Chimera
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Chimera » January 6th, 2022, 3:55 pm

with the financing plans?
yes its with courts ready financing
full credit application where you have to supply job letter, pay slip, utility bill etc

the contract you sign means the money will be taken from your wages or bank account if you refuse to pay.

Chimera
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Chimera » January 6th, 2022, 3:59 pm

look 10 mins ago i now get a next one

a iphone xs
2 days now she asking for the phone and calling everyday (was waiting on customs clearance)
got it around 11pm last night and sent her a video
she say yes, she coming for it, keep it for her
i know she was waiting for it so i tell her no problem, and she had offered to pay with bank transfer before so i keep it
she come 10 mins ago to purchase it, set it up, she like it, everything good, she pay linx for it
but like her boyfriend was looking elsewhere for the last 2 days as he find she taking long to get it from me, he find one online for $3300 (mine was $3800)
so she come back and say she change her mind because they getting it cheaper elsewhere and if i give them it for $3300 they will take it as they getting it that price
now thats call buyers remorse eh, you cant get a refund based on "you change your mind"

in any event i tell her no scene, you paid linx so linx will reverse your transaction, not sure how long they will take, i will email the bank today

she say give her it for $3300 and she will take it
i tell her na, i have a few other people willing to pay $3800
and its true, tomorrow i would get it sold for $3800 i just hadda call back one of the people who waiting for stock to come in

she change her mind and end up keeping it

probably thought i was desperate for the sale and would give her a $500 off

j.o.e
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Postby j.o.e » January 6th, 2022, 3:59 pm

Phone Surgeon wrote:with the financing plans?
full credit application where you have to supply job letter, pay slip, utility bill etc

the contract you sign means the money will be taken from your wages or bank account if you refuse to pay.

Oh ok. Makes sense…… I dunno what business you run so was just curious how you mitigate the risk.

Chimera
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Chimera » January 6th, 2022, 4:05 pm

yeah they do a FULL credit check
if you have bad credit in the last 5 to 7 years they will find it

it have people apply for items and 5 years ago they eh pay for a mattress or washing machine that accrue $8,000 in interest and when you do the credit check they claim they eh even know about that

courts bailiff does seize people glasses from their face when they dont pay (courts optical)

Dizzy28
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Dizzy28 » January 6th, 2022, 4:15 pm

Phone Surgeon wrote:yeah they do a FULL credit check

it have people apply for items and 5 years ago they eh pay for a mattress or washing machine that accrue $8,000 in interest and when you do the credit check they claim they eh even know about that

courts bailiff does seize people glasses from their face when they dont pay (courts optical)

Courts offers their credit service to 3rd parties? didn't realize this is a thing. I always though it was for Courts products only.

I remember going to a session in ALJGSB real years ago and the speaker say Courts is a financial institution and not a furniture store. The furniture is merely to facilitate loans. Guess this is the next step.

Chimera
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Chimera » January 6th, 2022, 4:35 pm

Dizzy28 wrote:
Phone Surgeon wrote:yeah they do a FULL credit check

Courts offers their credit service to 3rd parties? didn't realize this is a thing. I always though it was for Courts products only.

I remember going to a session in ALJGSB real years ago and the speaker say Courts is a financial institution and not a furniture store. The furniture is merely to facilitate loans. Guess this is the next step.

exactly
courts is primarily a financial institution/lending

all those hardwares/tool stores/electronics stores that you see offering buy now pay later or purchase on installments is through ready financing/ under courts

RedVEVO
TriniTuner 24-7

Re:

Postby RedVEVO » January 6th, 2022, 4:37 pm

Phone Surgeon wrote:Lol
Local people like to fly to social media

My most recent story

Friday a woman call me for a phone for $1500. I tell her I have one left and we close at 4. She say she could come for 430 and if we could wait back. For security reasons we close up when everyone else in the building and the businesses around close up...at 4...so I tell her that not possible...to check us early in the morning at 9am as soon as we open because we have one left and to make sure and call before she come to see if we still have it.

She show up at 1230 saturday...phone sell already
Quarrelling how that is bad business. How I suppose to stay until 430 d day before and sell her it. How d customer have rights. How she come from so far . How I have to give her a $1800 phone for the $1500 price. How she gonna shine me up on social media. Bleh bleh bleh bleh.

Extremely BAD customer service !

Why you set up the woman ?

Why not take her phone number , show some interest in her and call her on Saturday morning . Tell her the truth and stop acting like ... Ah Thinking .. it will come to me soon .

Explain to her in a pleasant voice with maybe " Coffee will be on me ! " or have an employee call - that you have the phone ready BUT you cannot keep it since you have other customers interested. First come first serve basis etc.

Again we talking about GOOD customer service !

Furniture Plus and Standards and Papa John are examples of the above and it's always great !

With repeat business ! Kinda like Starbucks .

Or employ Davee to threaten your customers with a ban and ban bam sharing and if they do not buy well HYMC !

Live your life !

carluva
Shifting into 6th

Postby carluva » January 6th, 2022, 10:34 pm

Phone surgeon. What's your contact number? Please send me via PM if you wish.

Thanks.

fokhan_96
Riding on 17's

Postby fokhan_96 » January 7th, 2022, 5:25 am

Phone Surgeon wrote:with the financing plans?

People does buy phones on a 3 year plan ....lol
Bro i think from an ethical standpoint you should atleast recommend a cheaper one that they can actually afford first...
Again i not judging or criticizing your business model since the responsibility for spending rests on the customer... but all this drama for phone... lol

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”