Forums

"The customer is always right" but what happens when

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

Ben_spanna
punchin NOS

"The customer is always right" but what happens when

Postby Ben_spanna » November 28th, 2019, 7:28 am

As the saying goes "The customer is always right" but what happens when you have that One customer that is more of a cuntsoomer rather than a consumer....
Anyone ever really wanted to throw that customer out of a building?

Does customer service in Trinidad really exist? some people these days are very quick to want to threaten to go to consumer services and to bad mouth on social media.....
How do you treat with extremely difficult/stubborn customers who you can never please?

zoom rader
TunerGod

Re: "The customer is always right" but what happens when

Postby zoom rader » November 28th, 2019, 7:48 am

OP I hope you are not upset

Ben_spanna
punchin NOS

Postby Ben_spanna » November 28th, 2019, 7:55 am

zoom rader wrote:OP I hope you are not upset

Nope- the customer was NOT peenem! :lol:

hydroep
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby hydroep » November 28th, 2019, 7:58 am

They usually carry on like that because their needs (whether reasonable or unreasonable) are not being met.

Main thing is to remain calm...yeah ah know this hard especially when you getting cuss up for policies that management may have implemented...and let them vent. After that they usually cool down and are more amenable to your suggestions.

If there's really nothing you can do just empathize, apologize for the inconvenience and repeat until they leave.

With regard to Social Media, yuh really cyar stop people from posting what they want. Just make sure you have your facts in order so you can sue them for libel and win big if they are being untruthful...:|

VexXx Dogg
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby VexXx Dogg » November 28th, 2019, 9:09 am

Ben_spanna wrote:As the saying goes "The customer is always right" but what happens when you have that One customer that is more of a cuntsoomer rather than a consumer....

Does customer service in Trinidad really exist? some people these days are very quick to want to threaten to go to consumer services and to bad mouth on social media.....
How do you treat with extremely difficult/stubborn customers who you can never please?

The "customer is always right" is a fallacy.
When dealing with stubborn customers, it's best to remember the brand you're trying to defend. Escalation/engagment/mirrored ignorance will not help the brand. You may have to take measures to placate the customer, and even "take wrong" when you're not. If the customer is mentally unstable, well good luck.

ProtonPowder
Riding on 18's

Postby ProtonPowder » November 28th, 2019, 9:13 am

Customer is always right is about market forces. For example, if the car buying customer base wants SUVs, dont keep manufacturing and marketing full size sedans.

Doesnt refer to acting like a child with the CSR in the establishment.

Chimera
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Chimera » November 28th, 2019, 9:43 am

Lol
Local people like to fly to social media

My most recent story

Friday a woman call me for a phone for $1500. I tell her I have one left and we close at 4. She say she could come for 430 and if we could wait back. For security reasons we close up when everyone else in the building and the businesses around close up...at 4...so I tell her that not possible...to check us early in the morning at 9am as soon as we open because we have one left and to make sure and call before she come to see if we still have it.

She show up at 1230 saturday...phone sell already
Quarrelling how that is bad business. How I suppose to stay until 430 d day before and sell her it. How d customer have rights. How she come from so far . How I have to give her a $1800 phone for the $1500 price. How she gonna shine me up on social media. Bleh bleh bleh bleh.

gastly369
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby gastly369 » November 28th, 2019, 10:10 am

KFC have the most pleasant cashiers!

death365
Riding on 18's

Re:

Postby death365 » November 28th, 2019, 10:56 am

gastly369 wrote:KFC have the most pleasant cashiers!

what wrong with kfc cashiers ?????

i always have ended up with good ones ... friendly and helpful

Rovin
TriniTuner 24-7

Re:

Postby Rovin » November 28th, 2019, 11:11 am

OP if d man is more trouble than it worth simply doh do business with him , u cud brush it off like well we eh have in stock or we getting next 2 mths or i rel busy book down down for d met 3 mths inno , something like that

Phone Surgeon wrote:Lol

My most recent story

Friday a woman call me for a phone for $1500. I tell her I have one left and we close at 4. She say she could come for 430 and if we could wait back. For security reasons we close up when everyone else in the building and the businesses around close up...at 4...so I tell her that not possible...to check us early in the morning at 9am as soon as we open because we have one left and to make sure and call before she come to see if we still have it.

Quarrelling how that is bad business. How I suppose to stay until 430 d day before and sell her it. How d customer have rights. How she come from so far . How I have to give her a $1800 phone for the $1500 price. How she gonna shine me up on social media. Bleh bleh bleh bleh.

i know how that goes , u give ppl a window of opportunity & they stick then complain about it , i not waiting on nobody to come late & next ting a bandit see a opportunity to come hold me up when all d other stores nearby close up & gone

some of them when u say honestly is only 1 we have does feel u jes saying that to rush\force them to buy

u does try to bend to customers but dat doh mean u hadda bend over ....

l33t2
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby l33t2 » November 28th, 2019, 11:23 am

My friend has a small cafe/restaurant. Just open, seating for maybe 30 ppl inside.

Customer calls in and makes a reservation for 6 at 7pm.

7:30 no show so the hostess gives them a call to see if they're still coming. They don't answer.

She gives go their table at 7:45pm. By now, since it's a Saturday night. New customers are told they have to wait for tables.

Group of 6 with 'reservations' shows up at 7:55 and start making noise because they lost their reservation. Threatening to go on social media etc.

They saying they reserve the table for the night so they didn't think they had to show up on time. Bunch of assess start to cuss and get on. Friend was visibly upset, first dealings with hostile customers since she opened.

maj. tom
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby maj. tom » November 28th, 2019, 11:27 am

You call these people a "Karen."

It's not Trinidad behaviour. It's human behaviour of generally the lower tiers of society who fail (lack the inherent ability) to comprehend the greater complexities of the entire life experience that each of us individually have, or the supposedly educated upper class people who are narcissist and believe that the world owes them something.

And i guarantee that the people who experience a Karen will realize that 90% of the time it's an older woman who feels that she is entitled like the Queen of England.

The term is well defined on the internet:
https://www.urbandictionary.com/define. ... =A%20Karen
https://knowyourmeme.com/memes/karen
https://www.dictionary.com/e/slang/karen/

This essay is quite creative:
https://www.quora.com/What-does-being-a-Karen-mean

Chimera
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Chimera » November 28th, 2019, 11:42 am

boy...long time...when i had now start out....customers and their flabbergastery use to real affect me

like the quarrelling and threats and thing use to real bother me but i dont take on anyone again

now i realize that there are just muffler bearings and better them be muffler bearings on their own

if have certain people if i find they getting on dotish before they make a purchase, i does tell them the item sold out because i dont want to deal with them

go somewhere else and be an idiot

i have some of the dredest stories u cud hear about customers

it have a man who buy a s8 a morning, i give him the proper charger (usb c) and warn him that the chargers different from the older samsungs and not to use his old cable

he promptly gone in his car and use his existing car charger, break the charging port in the s8
come back in the store 10 mins after saying how the phone eh charging and he want it replaced under warranty
when we look at the port..you seeing where it broken...
he insist that he buy this phone 10 minutes ago and he entitled to a full refund because he dont want it again
start to talk about he going in the station, we robbing him, he cousin is a police

i does tell them bring the whole station and come

the ones who have relatives who are police are the WORST
them does always come with the line, they father/mother/sister/cousin is a police
but if that certain person come, and they realize how much cameras it have and everything recorded, them does boil down because they know they eh risking their job over a dotish relative

Chimera
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Chimera » November 28th, 2019, 11:49 am

people does do ALL kinda racket too eh

had an incident where a teacher seize a student phone in senior sec by me, and the phone get stolen from the teacher desk
so the phone was bought from me, and the principal hadda buy back a phone for the student

principal call me and say the situation, how is not their fault, if i cud give them the phone for half price...i blank her and they get vex, me eh study that

SAME situation, the teacher come to buy the replacement phone and he bring the old receipt that the student gave to him
you know the student or student parents...add in a $800 to the receipt

like my receipt said "Samung S7 $1500" and in a different pen they put "+ Unlock $800"

so they was trying to claim a $2300 from the teacher instead of the $1500 they paid.

that end up in bacchanal , student vex i sell them out, teacher and principal vex i eh wanna give them half price

maj. tom
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby maj. tom » November 28th, 2019, 11:52 am

so he intentionally tried to plug a USB Micro-B cable into a USB C port... broke it and then claiming warranty?
Yuh eh ask him what the defect was?

You must laugh at the people who feel they know how to keep up with new technology but can't even read the user manual.

88sins
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby 88sins » November 28th, 2019, 11:58 am

Ben_spanna wrote:As the saying goes "The customer is always right" but what happens when you have that One customer that is more of a cuntsoomer rather than a consumer....

Customer service is what you provide to your customers, customer courtesy is what the customer need to have when doing business with you.
Anyway...

You are aware that the company/management does in fact reserve the legal right to refuse to conduct any or all business transactions with any or all "customers" that it so chooses right?

Redman
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Redman » November 28th, 2019, 12:03 pm

A valuable lesson to learn-and keep in view is that your business can only serve people that want your product or service.

Spend your time finding customers that have the qualities that you want.

Fire the rest.

If you are in the situation-close it off politely and if necessary to your immediate disadvantage....and let them walk away feeling they won.

Focus on duplicating the customers you want.
Last edited by Redman on November 29th, 2019, 6:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

bluefete
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby bluefete » November 28th, 2019, 1:46 pm

Some (not the majority, eh) difficult customers, once converted, can be very loyal in the future.

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby MaxPower » November 28th, 2019, 1:48 pm

Give back the “customer” who in most cases is a sufferer their refund and tell them to leave.

Then blacklist them from future interaction.

If your business cannot afford to lose a customer, then eat their sheit and eat it good.

A good business looks after their customers and can handle the average unhappy customer. Friends take note that the customer is NOT always right, but once they leave satisfied.

Work hard so as to not tolerate crap from Trinidadians.

l33t2
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby l33t2 » November 28th, 2019, 1:50 pm

bluefete wrote:Some (not the majority, eh) difficult customers, once converted, can be very loyal in the future.

True, one time I rel get with Amazon after they lost my package. Got prime free for 6 months as compensation. Not bad.

Zetski
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby Zetski » November 28th, 2019, 1:57 pm

When you get customers like these OP?

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby MaxPower » November 28th, 2019, 2:10 pm

l33t2 wrote:
bluefete wrote:Some (not the majority, eh) difficult customers, once converted, can be very loyal in the future.

True, one time I rel get with Amazon after they lost my package. Got prime free for 6 months as compensation. Not bad.

Do u think you deserved that free membership?

All that for one lost package bro?

Did you sign up for a year prime after?

Spitfir3
punchin NOS

Re: Re:

Postby Spitfir3 » November 28th, 2019, 2:38 pm

death365 wrote:
gastly369 wrote:KFC have the most pleasant cashiers!

what wrong with kfc cashiers ?????

i always have ended up with good ones ... friendly and helpful

same here, mostly for the drive thru workers, the over the counter workers could be a bit hoggish at time but considering the kind of people them is hadda deal with i won't fault them too much

gastly369
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby gastly369 » November 28th, 2019, 2:50 pm

Prefer my international services...local warranty guarantee is chit
Screenshot_20191128_144824.jpeg

RedVEVO
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby RedVEVO » November 28th, 2019, 3:19 pm

Just give them a refund , smile and move on ..

It's THEIR money .. SMH

Ben_spanna
punchin NOS

Postby Ben_spanna » November 28th, 2019, 3:39 pm

RedVEVO wrote:

Just give them a refund , smile and move on ..

It's THEIR money .. SMH

Agreed, but some of them claim they want more than what they paid for due to loss of time and blah blah blah..... and can be extremely demanding and unreasonable.... i have had 2 such experiences and both of them were "accuntants",.....

viedcht
Riding on 18's

Postby viedcht » November 28th, 2019, 4:10 pm

Phone Surgeon wrote:Lol

My most recent story

She born chupid.

Chimera
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Chimera » November 28th, 2019, 4:34 pm

Lol @ loss of time

A woman buy a note 5 by me a time for her daughter. She gone and buy a case in another store for $300

She had some issues with the phone so I refund her . She insist I hadda refund her the $300 she pay for the case in the other store. Cuss and threaten a good 30 mins about how is my fault she buy the case and I have to give her the $300.
Gone on the main road cussing and quarrelling loud. How she going in the station to say I rob her.

Usual response. I tell her swing and bring the whole station.

Rovin
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Rovin » November 28th, 2019, 6:46 pm

Phone Surgeon dise some experiences dey boi , i have some too but i eh feeling to type , besides with d net these days ppl cud wrongfully light u up with THEIR side of d story & ppl will believe oh big business jes robbing poor ppl out here ....

matix
Shifting into 6th

Postby matix » November 28th, 2019, 10:48 pm

Redman wrote:

A valuable lesson to learn-and keep in view is that your business can only serve people that want your product or service.

Spend your time finding customers that have the qualities that you want.

Fire the rest.

If you are in the situation-close it off politely and if necessary to your immediate disadvantage....and let them walk away felling they one.

Focus on duplicating the customers you want.

Solid advice

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”