Forums

LF/WTB-CHEAP IMPORTED CHICKEN

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

88sins
TriniTuner 24-7

Re: LF/WTB-CHEAP IMPORTED CHICKEN

Postby 88sins » December 3rd, 2019, 7:02 pm

I know what you mean wrt the pumpkin boi Rovin, just watch the amounts. U know sometimes he will get a little more or a little less. & I was kinda just joking about the mince, but since since I don't feed fillers it isn't really a good option for my pack.

Ryan197912 wrote:Yes..yes dogs...the descendants of wolves in the wild ...bite the deer or bison then look for a patch of oregano or basil to have a tasty meal...

Ever wondered why some dogs eat grass? Note, I said some, because dogs that are well fed on a proper diet generally don't eat grass. They might bite it in play, but they eventually just spit it out.
Son, there are some herbs that humans use for seasoning food for flavor that a actually have other benefits besides taste? A little oregano helps support a strong immune system, in addition to stimulating appetite and maintaining a healthy balance of enzymes in the GI tract, and this is particularly beneficial for larger dogs. Observe, I said a little. If you can see or smell it clearly on the food before you mix it in, then you used to much.

Dizzy28
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Dizzy28 » December 3rd, 2019, 7:20 pm

A rev Revo menu
MaxPower wrote:I mix a very good grain free chow and meat for my dogs.

I stay away from Purina, Pro Plan etc and the long list of crap out there.

Pro Pac works very well and brings great stools.

7 Day meats Meal plan:

Baked alaskan salmon fillets with olive oil
Boiled sweet potato no salt.
Baked Chicken breast
Boiled Sweet potato
Boil chicken cut up
Beef steaks

I buy in bulk, cook and portion out in weighted sandwich bags and put in freezer. May give lamb leg or pork occasionally, when i have king fish they will get some. All meats cooked with veryyy little salt, no seasoning.

The sweet potato is their favorite thankfully.

Rovin
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Rovin » December 3rd, 2019, 7:35 pm

yrsssss ago we had a few pompeks & they used to love eating raw carrots , we actually had to hide to eat carrots cause they used to sense it & begging for a piece , sad irony is when they got old like iirc over 12yrs their eye site started to go & got cataracts.... i guess nothing cud stop old age from catching up

gastly369
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby gastly369 » December 3rd, 2019, 7:58 pm

Usually feed my dog Victor food with a mix of some home cooked chicken/lamb/beef etc... He don't like it by itself but will clean the bowl when mixed

streetbeastINC.
punchin NOS

Postby streetbeastINC. » December 3rd, 2019, 9:06 pm

Yup feed my dogs the same, not the bones though...

88sins
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby 88sins » December 3rd, 2019, 9:06 pm

I checked pricesmart yesterday, saw they had for 170/cs, so I bought 6 one time.
Asked a fella who works there what they do with the freshly expired cases and he said they just throw it out, andthattheywon'tsell it or evengiveitaway. I can understand why, with the potential liability involved and all.
Seems like such a waste, especially when there's places like TTSPCA that could use some of that to feed their animal's they have waiting to be adopted. That way, euthanizing them due to lack of food resources wouldn't be necessary.

streetbeastINC.
punchin NOS

Postby streetbeastINC. » December 4th, 2019, 2:25 pm

88sins wrote:I checked pricesmart yesterday, saw they had for 170/cs, so I bought 6 one time.
Asked a fella who works there what they do with the freshly expired cases and he said they just throw it out, andthattheywon'tsell it or evengiveitaway. I can understand why, with the potential liability involved and all.
Seems like such a waste, especially when there's places like TTSPCA that could use some of that to feed their animal's they have waiting to be adopted. That way, euthanizing them due to lack of food resources wouldn't be necessary.

Yes i always wondered why they dont make arrangements with the animal shelters

88sins
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby 88sins » December 4th, 2019, 8:24 pm

Most likely just a come of corporate greed, avoiding possible negative legal liability and a lack of incentive.
Why give away products that newly expired for free even if it not spoiled, when you can just throw it away and claim it as a loss when filing your taxes.

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » December 4th, 2019, 8:34 pm

There are usually big fight amongst employees to claim as well.
Kiss baking had to revert to dispose of expired product for said reason.

VexXx Dogg
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby VexXx Dogg » December 4th, 2019, 8:46 pm

pugboy wrote:There are usually big fight amongst employees to claim as well.
Kiss baking had to revert to dispose of expired product for said reason.

I could see this being a problem.

Chimera
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Chimera » December 4th, 2019, 10:50 pm

88sins wrote:Most likely just a come of corporate greed, avoiding possible negative legal liability and a lack of incentive.
Why give away products that newly expired for free even if it not spoiled, when you can just throw it away and claim it as a loss when filing your taxes.

a padna who supplies hilo with goods was telling me that hilo throws away their meat every 3 or 7 days or something like that....

and that they put it in a big bin and pour dye/clorax on it so people wont take it to try to sell it

and that men does still dig through and get the ones underneath and resell it

88sins
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby 88sins » December 5th, 2019, 9:09 am

yeah I know how massy does their discards, a old school friend is a manager in one of them. He offered me the discards from his branch real cheap one time a long time ago, so I say ok lemme see what it look like.
When I see what it was I had no choice but to decline the offer. Because is not only chicken. is all kinda scraps and cuttings mix up, foul smelling with a hint of ammonia, & saw what looked like animal kidneys in it too.
He say some does glad for it. Good thing I'm not a people & I'm only a person. As far as I concerned, my animals deserve better than that.

TrinbagoMan
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby TrinbagoMan » December 5th, 2019, 8:15 pm

I asked where you live, as there is a meat place in diego martin, on the main road that sells chicken meat very cheaply.

what kind of dogs you have now?

88sins
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby 88sins » December 6th, 2019, 12:31 pm

TrinbagoMan wrote:I asked where you live, as there is a meat place in diego martin, on the main road that sells chicken meat very cheaply.

what kind of dogs you have now?

only GSDs.
I called a place in d'go, but they prices higher than what I'd pay elsewhere. idk if is the same place you talking about.
So far I go just buy cases retail from pricesmart since they are the cheapest I found to date.

RedVEVO
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby RedVEVO » December 6th, 2019, 2:41 pm

Dizzy28 wrote:A rev Revo menu
MaxPower wrote:I mix a very good grain free chow and meat for my dogs.

I stay away from Purina, Pro Plan etc and the long list of crap out there.

Pro Pac works very well and brings great stools.

7 Day meats Meal plan:

Boiled sweet potato no salt.
Baked Chicken breast
Boiled Sweet potato
Boil chicken cut up
Beef steaks

I buy in bulk, cook and portion out in weighted sandwich bags and put in freezer. May give lamb leg or pork occasionally, when i have king fish they will get some. All meats cooked with veryyy little salt, no seasoning.

The sweet potato is their favorite thankfully.

It's RedVEVO

Dogs do not need all this kinda prestige stuff .

Sardines and corn beef and your potbound aka GSDs good.

viedcht
Riding on 18's

Postby viedcht » December 6th, 2019, 7:59 pm

Corn beef have rell salt in it.

88sins
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby 88sins » December 6th, 2019, 11:22 pm

Just a word to those persons that really want to make sure that their pet dogs getting what they need from a nutritional standpoint.
If feeding raw, feed should be given as a percentage of the ideal weight the dog should be as an adult, roughly 5-7%.
If feeding raw let them have the blood and marrow and fair amount of skin, these are good sources of iron and calcium for them. Also, if adding supplements, make sure there's some copper in it as well. Small amounts of copper is necessary for candids for their blood and vascular development and strengthening and development.
If your pooch is on the skinny side and needs to gain some weight and has no other health concerns, feed at night when he's less active. That way he won't brung off the calories you feed him to put on weight.

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”