Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

*KRONIK*
TriniTuner 24-7

Re: New $100 bill revealed

Postby *KRONIK* » December 12th, 2019, 10:09 pm

Envelope says “no more than 30 bills”
So...max....3000tt in hundreds
nervewrecker wrote:
ProtonPowder wrote:You can just deposit using the atm in RBL south park and withdraw some of the new bills one time

in and out 20 mins, no need for tellers

they have a max amount to deposit? asking for a friend

The_Honourable
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby The_Honourable » December 12th, 2019, 10:16 pm

MaxPower wrote:
screwbash wrote:how come no spanish or chinee changing they money? chinee doh bank they money, dey duz have counting house all over the place. anyone see Chinese in the bank changing they money ?

Srewbie,

The syrians, chinese and venes changed their money well in advance. Why should they be in the mad rush with allyuh?

They are in charge of this country bro, NOT allyuh.

Screws... if they own a "merchant bank" and have a legit bank license, they going to line up with you? :lol:

Dey dealing with greenbacks and credit cards. If it have TT to change, they have their own bank to deal with that. You think that bank going to report anything to FIU?

Come now... :lol:

hydroep
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby hydroep » December 12th, 2019, 10:22 pm

The_Honourable wrote:
MaxPower wrote:
screwbash wrote:how come no spanish or chinee changing they money? chinee doh bank they money, dey duz have counting house all over the place. anyone see Chinese in the bank changing they money ?

Srewbie,

The syrians, chinese and venes changed their money well in advance. Why should they be in the mad rush with allyuh?

They are in charge of this country bro, NOT allyuh.

Screws... if they own a "merchant bank" and have a legit bank license, they going to line up with you? :lol:

Dey dealing with greenbacks and credit cards. If it have TT to change, they have their own "merchant bank" to deal with that. You think that bank going to report anything to FIU?

Come now... :lol:

Dropping this here for good measure...

ANSA Merchant acquires Bank of Baroda
Thu Dec 12 2019

ANSA Mer­chant Bank Lim­it­ed has signed an agree­ment to pur­chase Bank of Bar­o­da’s op­er­a­tions in T&T, which if ap­proved will al­low it to do all as­pects of com­mer­cial bank­ing...

https://www.guardian.co.tt/news/ansa-merchant-acquires-bank-of-baroda-6.2.1006406.47e623d1e4

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » December 12th, 2019, 10:56 pm

hydroep wrote:Dropping this here for good measure...

ANSA Merchant acquires Bank of Baroda
Thu Dec 12 2019

ANSA Mer­chant Bank Lim­it­ed has signed an agree­ment to pur­chase Bank of Bar­o­da’s op­er­a­tions in T&T, which if ap­proved will al­low it to do all as­pects of com­mer­cial bank­ing...

https://www.guardian.co.tt/news/ansa-merchant-acquires-bank-of-baroda-6.2.1006406.47e623d1e4

fleck. that could name High Level Laundry service ltd

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby MaxPower » December 12th, 2019, 11:37 pm

Lol @ “if” approved.

Mta
Street 2NR

Postby Mta » December 13th, 2019, 12:06 am

Just got in the country..is there any information on a goverment website that gives all necessary information on how to go about changing the old currency...
Can I deposit and withdraw at the same time and is there a limit..
Is there any thing in place for exchanging the Bill's with out proof of ownership and limit
Any other information will greatly be appreciated..

bluefete
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby bluefete » December 13th, 2019, 12:23 am

Is this legal? No use to call for a boycott because we do not stand up for anything.

But if the US Embassy can do it and the gov't says nothing, then who is Prestige Holdings.

KFC, Starbucks, Subway not taking old $100s after Dec 23

Sev­er­al ma­jor fast-food stores which fall un­der Pres­tige Hold­ings Lim­it­ed, will not be ac­cept­ing the old pa­per-based $100 bill from De­cem­ber 23.

A KFC employee waits to go inside their Westmoorings branch

In a state­ment is­sued yes­ter­day evening, Pres­tige Hold­ings the fran­chise own­er of KFC, Piz­za Hut, Star­bucks, Sub­way and TGI Fri­days said the fast-food stores will ac­cept the old $100 bill up un­til mid­night De­cem­ber 23.

This means that from Christ­mas Eve, De­cem­ber 24, 12 am, the ma­jor fast food out­lets will on­ly ac­cept the poly­mer note.

Pres­tige Hold­ings said it re­grets any in­con­vnience it may cause to its cus­tomers.

https://www.guardian.co.tt/news/kfc-sta ... irculation

Market blanks old $100s; Minister rescinds notice

A sign announcing that the Macoya Market would only be accepting the new $100 bills from December 19.

Agri­cul­ture Min­is­ter Clarence Ramb­harat has di­rect­ed that a no­tice post­ed at the Ma­coya Whole­sale Mar­ket ad­vis­ing cus­tomers, mar­ket ven­dors and the pub­lic, that ef­fec­tive next Thurs­day, De­cem­ber 19 it will not be ac­cept­ing the old $100 bills be re­scind­ed im­me­di­ate­ly and he wants an­swers as to who au­tho­rised the no­tice.

Ramb­harat told Guardian me­dia yes­ter­day that im­me­di­ate­ly af­ter the no­tice was post­ed at the mar­ket he spoke to the Deputy Chair­man of NAMDE­V­CO Wayne In­niss and in­struct­ed him to re­scind the no­tice.

Ramb­harat said he in­formed In­niss that the old $100 bill is le­gal ten­der un­til De­cem­ber 31 and there was no log­i­cal ex­pla­na­tion as to why NAMDE­V­CO should refuse the cur­ren­cy from De­cem­ber 13th.

Po­lit­i­cal ac­tivist and for­mer Agri­cul­ture Min­is­ter De­vant Ma­haraj first brought the is­sue to pub­lic at­ten­tion yes­ter­day post­ing the no­tice from NAMDE­V­CO.

Ma­haraj al­leged that “even the Row­ley gov­ern­ment is not con­fi­dent that the gov­ern­ment has the ca­pac­i­ty to deal with the old notes in a time­ly man­ner.”

He said the no­tice post­ed by NAMDE­V­CO “con­flicts with the gov­ern­ment’s po­si­tion of 31st De­cem­ber as the dead­line.”

NAMDE­V­CO Chair­man Den­nis Ramdeen is out of the coun­try, but Ramb­harat said he has in­struct­ed Deputy Chair In­niss to find out who made the de­ci­sion.

https://www.guardian.co.tt/news/market- ... a2d0cca7d2

Last edited by bluefete on December 13th, 2019, 2:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

hydroep
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby hydroep » December 13th, 2019, 12:34 am

^At the Post Cabinet News Conference, Colon-in-Butt said (and I'm paraphrasing here) that current legal advice suggests such transactions are a private arrangement between the parties, so they (Government) cannot compel businessmen to accept the old bills. But, the discussion is ongoing...:|

bluefete
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby bluefete » December 13th, 2019, 12:44 am

I forgot my Business Law of Contracts there for a minute. Offer to Treat, Consideration, Acceptance etc.

hydroep wrote:^At the Post Cabinet News Conference, Colon-in-Butt said (and I'm paraphrasing here) that current legal advice suggests such transactions are a private arrangement between the parties, so they (Government) cannot compel businessmen to accept the old bills. But, the discussion is ongoing...:|

hong kong phooey
punchin NOS

Postby hong kong phooey » December 13th, 2019, 2:50 am

Again only the small man to suffer
they have to keep quiet when is big man

screwbash
Riding on 18's

Postby screwbash » December 13th, 2019, 3:42 am

is still say is what we not reading or hearing is the real reason. it has to be a bigger picture for all this ? first we line up for gas, den we line up for money, dry season 2020 we mite hadda line up for water, den probably food or medication. are they trying to see how much we suffers will take before we riot? or are they conditioning the population for things to come? or are they frustrating the population so that we will all vote for the opposition next year as they cannot run the country? the previous govt like they did the same ting in the last GE probably hoping the incoming would setup the property tax and close the refinery and do the hard task, jus like when panday setup caroni to close but let manning close it and them indian still vote for the unc after that.

matr1x
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby matr1x » December 13th, 2019, 3:46 am

Why isn't the opposition saying anything?????

Redman
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Redman » December 13th, 2019, 6:15 am

bluefete wrote:I forgot my Business Law of Contracts there for a minute. Offer to Treat, Consideration, Acceptance etc.

hydroep wrote:^At the Post Cabinet News Conference, Colon-in-Butt said (and I'm paraphrasing here) that current legal advice suggests such transactions are a private arrangement between the parties, so they (Government) cannot compel businessmen to accept the old bills. But, the discussion is ongoing...:|

Its a transaction between private entities.

For the govt to force acceptance of the bill is govt imposing itself into a private contract .
Not a precedent to set.

Also I think business people are free to set conditions that they are willing to conduct their business.

Customers are free to do the same.

Just boycott the idiots and move on.

vaiostation
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby vaiostation » December 13th, 2019, 6:34 am

matr1x wrote:Why isn't the opposition saying anything?????

Eric Williams “When I say cometh they cometh and when I say go they goeth” and “not a damn dog bark”.

Kamla is opposition of convenience. Look at de issue with de invasion of de vene to our land. She wait for de last day of registration to say "close the border".
She and Rowley sipping champagne in de Hyatt while all yuh spending 3 hours in de bank to change a lil $500.

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » December 13th, 2019, 6:39 am

the problem with accepting the new hundred is the logistics of changing it, not the legality. its only a few outlets, and a short space of time to exchange. that that is what people watchin when they decide not to take

Redman
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Redman » December 13th, 2019, 6:41 am

What opposition?
The bill was passed unanimously.
It means that we all vote for this.
Even ZR

Jah bless the PNM :D

Ben_spanna
punchin NOS

Postby Ben_spanna » December 13th, 2019, 7:26 am

Well yes, some places already saying they not accepting the old hundred bill(which is against the law) and then theres a place in LCM that told a customer that because they are paying with the old $100 bill they will be charged an additional 5% because of the inconvenience that the store owner has to go through after to change it at the bank.
WTF really wrong with some business places.
Legal tender is legal tender- you cannot and do NOT have the right to do those things.
Someone should make an example of you and take your a55 to court.

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » December 13th, 2019, 7:28 am

Redman wrote:What opposition?
Even ZR

that was a political move, cause alllll the pnmite jump out and bawl 'UNC DONT SUPPORT THE GOVERNMENT WITH NOTHING, EVERY BILL THE SEND UP THEY OPPOSE1!!!'
so, they supported this one.

from the beginning of this week, they cussing people who not accepting the old hundred, 'oh, they wicked, they is UNC'

and the government came with the angle, 'national security', 'smoking out the big fish'. u know what kinda uproar allyuh woulda make if they say, that they wasn't supporting it? 'moneylal frighten, kamla dem have cocoa in the sun'
Last edited by sMASH on December 13th, 2019, 8:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ben_spanna
punchin NOS

Postby Ben_spanna » December 13th, 2019, 7:32 am

So what I still dont understand..,, if its supposedly illegal to be harboring cash at home, back in 2012 or 2013 or whenever it is alleged, a certain persons house was broken into and he supposedly had $200,000 TT in CASH and $20,000USD cash..
So that was not illegal??? nothing was wrong with that then???

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » December 13th, 2019, 7:33 am

Redman wrote:What opposition?
Even ZR

Hoss I dealing in Banknotes donkeys now.

I already made a lil change from the new notes via private international dealers. Lets just say 20 big ones was shipped away on the first day issue :D

Jah Bless PNM

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » December 13th, 2019, 7:37 am

it is not illegal to hoard cash.

Ben_spanna wrote:So what I still dont understand..,, if its supposedly illegal to be harboring cash at home, back in 2012 or 2013 or whenever it is alleged, a certain persons house was broken into and he supposedly had $200,000 TT in CASH and $20,000USD cash..

Ben_spanna
punchin NOS

Postby Ben_spanna » December 13th, 2019, 7:40 am

So its impossible to believe that a successful fisherman, farmer or barber could save such money legally but its believable for a failure of an "engineer" or whatever yuh wanna call a man who cant even build a f7king wall?

STEUUUPS!

pugboy wrote:it is not illegal to hoard cash.

Ben_spanna wrote:So what I still dont understand..,, if its supposedly illegal to be harboring cash at home, back in 2012 or 2013 or whenever it is alleged, a certain persons house was broken into and he supposedly had $200,000 TT in CASH and $20,000USD cash..

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » December 13th, 2019, 7:42 am

Ask impsbert he had a pile of cash at home with 20k US and got robbed

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » December 13th, 2019, 7:43 am

agreed, they only ketching the small tax evaders with this scheme
big fish have always known how to wash their money.

Ben_spanna wrote:So its impossible to believe that a successful fisherman, farmer or barber could save such money legally but its believable for a failure of an "engineer" or whatever yuh wanna call a man who cant even build a f7king wall?

STEUUUPS!

Redman
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Redman » December 13th, 2019, 7:54 am

So the barber was paying taxes and Nis like the rest of us?

He paying rent? Ttec equipment consumables etc?

How manyof us keep all our gross income?

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby MaxPower » December 13th, 2019, 7:57 am

Good morning Trini Bobolees

Chimera
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Chimera » December 13th, 2019, 8:12 am

Real ppl going to buy soft drink and chewing gum with $100 note lol.

Just now 20s will run out all over

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » December 13th, 2019, 8:27 am

Redman wrote:So the barber was paying taxes and Nis like the rest of us?

He paying rent? Ttec equipment consumables etc?

How manyof us keep all our gross income?

Self employed paying rent or Bills is not our problem.

NIS in this country is a rip off and nothing more that a ponzi scheme for PNM and 1% to abuse

We get no value for taxes paid in country.

I gave up working in this country over 10 years and stopped PAYE and NIS. It is very little benefit to me.

Gladiator
punchin NOS

Postby Gladiator » December 13th, 2019, 8:31 am

Next Step in this process: All persons declaring that "business" is their source of funds will be visited by the tax man.

pugboy wrote:agreed, they only ketching the small tax evaders with this scheme
big fish have always known how to wash their money.

Ben_spanna wrote:So its impossible to believe that a successful fisherman, farmer or barber could save such money legally but its believable for a failure of an "engineer" or whatever yuh wanna call a man who cant even build a f7king wall?

STEUUUPS!

hydroep
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby hydroep » December 13th, 2019, 8:36 am

So there's actually a benefit of being poor — who would've thunk it...:lol:

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”