TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

Post your FLOOD pics, locations, updates etc etc CHED!!!

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

The_Honourable
TriniTuner 24-7

Re: Post your FLOOD pics, locations, updates etc etc CHED!!!

Postby The_Honourable » August 4th, 2021, 9:54 pm

Habit7 wrote:
The_Honourable wrote:I'm not surprised with all this defense to get away from the fact that the government of the day is failing in implementing flood mitigation strategies.

The very area had several desilting works done as recent as June 2021
https://facebook.com/mowtgovtt/photos/a ... 3361169365
https://www.facebook.com/mowtgovtt/phot ... 3577836010
https://www.facebook.com/mowtgovtt/phot ... 9784240056
https://www.facebook.com/mowtgovtt/phot ... 0134240021

But 30mm of rain in 2hrs, which is an average of a month's rainfall in the rainy season, in a small hilly area is beyond the pale of whatever flood mitigation strategy that is put in place. But like a good UNC fanboy you are here blaming govt, while intelligent, science-based countries acknowledging climate change. But it is expected, you all grasp at any straw to pull down TT with the hope that it makes you look better as an alternative.

I know it's hard but stop being a fool.

Typical pnm logic... every time someone disagrees or counters your argument, you accuse that person of being a UNC. I'm not a UNC supporter and haven't voted for them since 2010. I'm pretty sure if UNC was in power and we had major flooding in many areas of the country as in the past two days, you were not going to skip government responsibility and hide behind climate change.

You want to deflect to any other reason besides the main and the obvious, the government is failing to implement flood mitigation strategies. Strategies does not just mean works... education, policies, laws, etc are also involved. Very good that MOWT did some work in June 2021 but cleaning two drains doesn't cut it. That's like WASA fix two leaks but it have multiple leaks all over the country.

Wraith King
Riding on 18's

Postby Wraith King » August 4th, 2021, 10:21 pm

Habit7 wrote:
alfa wrote:So we're arguing grammar now to prove the use of the word MAY isn't to be taken as definitive? you're just grasping at straws cuz you posted something without reading and now trying to backtrack

Oh so rules of grammar don't apply when you are wrong?

The elimination covid-19 in Trinidad
-is impossible
-may even be undesirable from philosophical viewpoint
-may even be undesirable a viewpoint relating to the cycle of human interaction. eg. air and sea travel.

"So what you trying to say right, is covid-19 is desirable and necessary?"

Strawman logical fallacy

Forget all this lietral nonsense you trying to spin and tell us what the person meant in the document you put forward.

Wraith King
Riding on 18's

Postby Wraith King » August 4th, 2021, 10:28 pm

The_Honourable wrote:
Habit7 wrote:
The_Honourable wrote:I'm not surprised with all this defense to get away from the fact that the government of the day is failing in implementing flood mitigation strategies.

The very area had several desilting works done as recent as June 2021
https://facebook.com/mowtgovtt/photos/a ... 3361169365
https://www.facebook.com/mowtgovtt/phot ... 3577836010
https://www.facebook.com/mowtgovtt/phot ... 9784240056
https://www.facebook.com/mowtgovtt/phot ... 0134240021

But 30mm of rain in 2hrs, which is an average of a month's rainfall in the rainy season, in a small hilly area is beyond the pale of whatever flood mitigation strategy that is put in place. But like a good UNC fanboy you are here blaming govt, while intelligent, science-based countries acknowledging climate change. But it is expected, you all grasp at any straw to pull down TT with the hope that it makes you look better as an alternative.

I know it's hard but stop being a fool.

Typical pnm logic... every time someone disagrees or counters your argument, you accuse that person of being a UNC. I'm not a UNC supporter and haven't voted for them since 2010. I'm pretty sure if UNC was in power and we had major flooding in many areas of the country as in the past two days, you were not going to skip government responsibility and hide behind climate change.

You want to deflect to any other reason besides the main and the obvious, the government is failing to implement flood mitigation strategies. Strategies does not just mean works... education, policies, laws, etc are also involved. Very good that MOWT did some work in June 2021 but cleaning two drains doesn't cut it. That's like WASA fix two leaks but it have multiple leaks all over the country.

This was the intention of his original post and when he was exposed he digged himself in a deeper hole with that rubbish document he put forward.

Habit7's intelligent science based reasoning is floods are desirable and necessary.

Wraith King
Riding on 18's

Postby Wraith King » August 4th, 2021, 10:30 pm

alfa wrote:
Habit7 wrote:
alfa wrote:So we're arguing grammar now to prove the use of the word MAY isn't to be taken as definitive? you're just grasping at straws cuz you posted something without reading and now trying to backtrack

Oh so rules of grammar don't apply when you are wrong?

The elimination covid-19 in Trinidad
-is impossible
-may even be undesirable from philosophical viewpoint
-may even be undesirable a viewpoint relating to the cycle of human interaction. eg. air and sea travel.

"So what you trying to say right, is covid-19 is desirable and necessary?"

Strawman logical fallacy

I believe you MAY be an idiot and
You MAY be a paid PNM mouth piece.
But it's just two probabilities not absolutes
Come off tuner dude, someone in baliser house may need urgent mouth to ass resuscitation

Imagine Habit7 getting paid for his efforts. PNM can't even get value for money with their propaganda.

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » August 5th, 2021, 12:06 am

put ur pnm paraphernalia to good work

cant remember so much flooding in kamala's time.

even north people attested to tht, when they blurted out, 'is cause we build in lagoon, we look for dat'

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » August 5th, 2021, 12:49 am

Mmoney607 wrote:Were the rivers cleaned? Or did covid prevent the rivers from being cleaned?
man say the rivers too clean,,, water rush down innah one... tsk tsk

The_Honourable
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby The_Honourable » August 5th, 2021, 2:19 am

Those who making excuse for the government with respect to the recent floods and want to compare to other countries without the details.

shake d livin wake d dead
TunerGod

Postby shake d livin wake d dead » August 5th, 2021, 5:39 am

Habit7....yuh come to fck up this thread with yuh political bs to??

Habit7
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Habit7 » August 5th, 2021, 7:12 am

Everybody lighting their hair on fire because they can't handle truth.

I said box drains and river dredging can't eliminate flooding. Men jump up and claim oh how stupid, how asinine, "you can't put negative outcome on a positive measure" (you hurt my feelinsg therefore you are wrong).

Some snowflake, who is playing politically neutral jump in the apolitical comment and say PNM like insult Hindus about flooding, as if that is relevant. But ZR and some other troll are happy PNM areas getting flood but Mr Neutral is not seeing that. Who cares anyway, I am not here fore that.

I showed a senior lecturer at Faculty of Engineering UWI saying the same thing. It is simplistic to think that engineering solutions can eliminate flooding, we can only "tame flooding" in Trinidad. Illiterates saying I never read the paper and he said flooding desirable and necessary. He never said that, if you were at UWI you would have failed if that is what you deduced from his paper. You cannot ignore simple rules of grammar to force your bias on the man's work.

Flooding is not just a political issue. It is a primarily scientific issue involving geomorphology, meteorology, civil engineering and social issues. You could try to fool yourself that you understand that, but if everytime there is flooding you are quick to say "PNM...." then you are the political wingnut, not me.

A months worth of rain fell in 2hrs, there is no infrastructure you can build to accommodate that. Most of the major water courses in the areas were already cleaned including the silt traps, as if the force of water that was able to sweep 2 cars in the river mattered anyway.

I stand on the side of science. I repeat, it is impossible to eliminate flooding with engineering methods. It can only mitigate the effects. This is not limited to Trinidad, this is a current reality all over the globe. But by the logic of some of you, their govt doing something wrong by not being able to deal with climate change. If you feel offended by that I don't care. 10ppl shouting idiocy doesn't invalidate one man speaking the truth. Follow me for more hard realities and inconvenient truths.

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » August 5th, 2021, 7:15 am

under pnm, the hillside flood out...

Habit7
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Habit7 » August 5th, 2021, 7:18 am

sMASH wrote:under pnm, the hillside flood out...

Yeah they need to build box drains in the pine trees.

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » August 5th, 2021, 7:25 am

shake d livin wake d dead wrote:Habit7....yuh come to fck up this thread with yuh political bs to??

He wont answer you, plus hes paid to post propaganda .

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » August 5th, 2021, 7:26 am

Habit7 wrote:

well, pnm experts pontificated that we get flood out in south cause we build in lagoon. i figured pnm are experts in teh causal factors of flooding... look what going on.

gloabal warming causing floods in pnm hill sides, and kamala pay people to riot in PoS in 2020...
is never pnm piss poor management. lack of aptitude to do the jobs they padnah plant them to do .

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » August 5th, 2021, 7:30 am

Habit7 wrote:Everybody lighting their hair on fire because they can't handle truth.

I said box drains and river dredging can't eliminate flooding. Men jump up and claim oh how stupid, how asinine, "you can't put negative outcome on a positive measure" (you hurt my feelinsg therefore you are wrong).

Some snowflake, who is playing politically neutral jump in the apolitical comment and say PNM like insult Hindus about flooding, as if that is relevant. But ZR and some other troll are happy PNM areas getting flood but Mr Neutral is not seeing that. Who cares anyway, I am not here fore that.

I showed a senior lecturer at Faculty of Engineering UWI saying the same thing. It is simplistic to think that engineering solutions can eliminate flooding, we can only "tame flooding" in Trinidad. Illiterates saying I never read the paper and he said flooding desirable and necessary. He never said that, if you were at UWI you would have failed if that is what you deduced from his paper. You cannot ignore simple rules of grammar to force your bias on the man's work.

Flooding is not just a political issue. It is a primarily scientific issue involving geomorphology, meteorology, civil engineering and social issues. You could try to fool yourself that you understand that, but if everytime there is flooding you are quick to say "PNM...." then you are the political wingnut, not me.

A months worth of rain fell in 2hrs, there is no infrastructure you can build to accommodate that. Most of the major water courses in the areas were already cleaned including the silt traps, as if the force of water that was able to sweep 2 cars in the river mattered anyway.

I stand on the side of science. I repeat, it is impossible to eliminate flooding with engineering methods. It can only mitigate the effects. This is not limited to Trinidad, this is a current reality all over the globe. But by the logic of some of you, their govt doing something wrong by not being able to deal with climate change. If you feel offended by that I don't care. 10ppl shouting idiocy doesn't invalidate one man speaking the truth. Follow me for more hard realities and inconvenient truths.

Dummy ,

Holland and Guyana have been managing Flood control for donkeys

Stop taking hogwash little Cont

https://www.staff.ncl.ac.uk/isabella.bo ... e-page.pdf

sam1978
Riding on 16's

Postby sam1978 » August 5th, 2021, 7:33 am

Habit7 wrote:

They need to stop developers in the hills from cutting down all the pine trees. And that’s the Govts’ duty.

shake d livin wake d dead
TunerGod

Postby shake d livin wake d dead » August 5th, 2021, 7:41 am

Questions on whether People's National Movement (PNM) Senator Colm Imbert used millions of dollars of state resources during his tenure as minister of works and transport to divert the Maraval River off his private lands in Moka, Maraval, have been sent to the Integrity Commission.

As habit want to get political...I guess the river haunting people now then

Habit7
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Habit7 » August 5th, 2021, 8:08 am

zoom rader wrote:Dummy ,

Holland and Guyana have been managing Flood control for donkeys

Stop taking hogwash little Cont

https://www.staff.ncl.ac.uk/isabella.bo ... e-page.pdf

Nobody is denying floods can be managed. But when you say, Holland and Guyana don't get flood viewtopic.php?p=10192398#p10192398 that is false.

sam1978 wrote:They need to stop developers in the hills from cutting down all the pine trees. And that’s the Govts’ duty.

I fully agree, nobody is denying that. All these things will mitigate flooding, not eliminate it.

timelapse
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby timelapse » August 5th, 2021, 8:49 am

Allyuh arguing semantics.Carry on

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » August 5th, 2021, 8:59 am

timelapse wrote:Allyuh arguing semantics.Carry on

Nah

Habitarse7 trying to say floods is not caused by the red government and its not their fault .

He would not come out to say to that Government is responsible for

1 flood control
2. setting laws for blocking of drains and rivers
3. Educating the public on floods
4. Cleaning the Waterways.

All he wants is to say Kams built box drains by trying to evade the Red government responsibility.

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » August 5th, 2021, 9:11 am

global warming started to affect trinidad in 2015. before that, we built our houses in lagoon.
whaddap cocoyea, woi woi woi.

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » August 5th, 2021, 9:15 am

zoom rader wrote:

Nah

Habitarse7 trying to say floods is not caused by the red government and its not their fault .

1 flood control

All he wants is to say Kams built box drains by trying to evade the Red government responsibility.

when urbanization has increase, u need to increase the measures to accomodate the additional effects of that... literally, increase the size and numbers of box drains.

same rainfall, but less restrictions to flow and retention due to removal of vegetation, woud mean greater instances of water flow.
habbit7.xxx woudl understand that if he knew geography. but when ur degree balisier house certified, u tend to drag ur knuckles on the ground and breathe tru ur mouth.. no need to waste calories between the ears.

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » August 5th, 2021, 9:23 am

tbh the st anns area is somewhat of an anomaly
it is a deep valley and clouds tend to shed water going over the mountains there and where the rain fell those areas are pretty
much the same for the past 20-30years
it’s just that the landscape is steep and makes for very very quick drainage from the hills to the road which results in massive water collected at the lower reaches

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » August 5th, 2021, 9:28 am

sMASH wrote:
zoom rader wrote:

Nah

1 flood control

when urbanization has increase, u need to increase the measures to accomodate the additional effects of that... literally, increase the size and numbers of box drains.

same rainfall, but less restrictions to flow and retention due to removal of vegetation, woud mean greater instances of water flow.
habbit7.xxx woudl understand that if he knew geography. but when ur degree balisier house certified, u tend to drag ur knuckles on the ground and breathe tru ur mouth.. no need to waste calories between the ears.
When Caroni was active, part of their work was to clean their water ways which helped reduced flooding .

Since the red government killed Caroni the cleaning of drains stopped . It's was only after Caroni cease that we saw mass flooding in the central and South land.

Again red government failure

Redman
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Redman » August 5th, 2021, 9:33 am

Jack did say flooding done.
I miss Jack.
:D

I know the cherry pickers here like Raymond

https://afraraymond.net/2018/08/22/prop ... #more-8900

This article takes us back to May 2010 at the point when the PP won 29 seats to form the government. On the night of the celebrations there was heavy flooding in south Trinidad due to heavy rainfall earlier that day. The PM-elect, Kamla Persad-Bissessar and the Minister of Works (in waiting) Jack Warner left the session at Crowne Plaza Hotel to tour the affected districts. The striking statement from Jack Warner was widely-reported – ‘Flooding would be a thing of the past under his watch.‘

So what happened? What attempts were made to deal with this national scourge? That is the topic of this article.

.......In October 2012, it was announced that Capital Signal Ltd. was awarded the design-build contract for the Port-of-Spain Flood Alleviation Project. That project was IDB-funded and stakeholder consultations were held, but there is no trace of any further activity on that project.

......It is now important that the Minister of Works and Transport, Senator Rohan Sinanan, consider how the recommendations of the SMC could be used to alleviate our country’s flooding issues. It is a matter of basic political responsibility. Real credit will go to any administration which can implement an effective and orderly approach to this flooding problem.

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » August 5th, 2021, 9:36 am

Redman wrote:Jack did say flooding done.
I miss Jack.
:D

I know the cherry pickers here like Raymond

https://afraraymond.net/2018/08/22/prop ... #more-8900

This article takes us back to May 2010 at the point when the PP won 29 seats to form the government. On the night of the celebrations there was heavy flooding in south Trinidad due to heavy rainfall earlier that day. The PM-elect, Kamla Persad-Bissessar and the Minister of Works (in waiting) Jack Warner left the session at Crowne Plaza Hotel to tour the affected districts. The striking statement from Jack Warner was widely-reported – ‘Flooding would be a thing of the past under his watch.‘

So what happened? What attempts were made to deal with this national scourge? That is the topic of this article.

.......In October 2012, it was announced that Capital Signal Ltd. was awarded the design-build contract for the Port-of-Spain Flood Alleviation Project. That project was IDB-funded and stakeholder consultations were held, but there is no trace of any further activity on that project.

......It is now important that the Minister of Works and Transport, Senator Rohan Sinanan, consider how the recommendations of the SMC could be used to alleviate our country’s flooding issues. It is a matter of basic political responsibility. Real credit will go to any administration which can implement an effective and orderly approach to this flooding problem.

Wat dat have to do with the red government failure in dealing with flood control?

They are in power so they are responsible for flood control

Jack or UNC not in power nor are they important at this stage, Cont

The_Honourable
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby The_Honourable » August 5th, 2021, 9:46 am

Habit7 wrote:Everybody lighting their hair on fire because they can't handle truth.

Now you upgraded from a fool to an ass and a half.

I will never laugh at pnm areas getting flood out but I WILL laugh at the excuses they give just like yourself than reprimanding and demanding better from their local government representatives, MP and government they voted for. Then when other areas that support the unc get flood out, these same persons talk about God, hindu and lagoon? No "we cyah do nuttin bout that because of climate change" and "it does happen in other countries" excuses right?

We all know flooding can only be mitigated or "tamed" and not eliminated. What you are failing to realize is that the government is failing in mitigation strategies. You are trying your best to skip government responsibility and talking about climate change. Then you cut bits and pieces of articles with bold or highlights to support your claim where you have been caught in the past removing or cutting out sections of those same articles that contradicts your point. You claim to stand by the science only when it suits the narrative. It have tuners here who live by the science and told you point blank that you talking level mess.

You speak the truth? In reality you are VERY deceptive, and when you get called out on it you bawl snowflake? LOL stop it... this is not the United States.

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » August 5th, 2021, 9:53 am

jack - flooding done
leff foot ritttte foot - nah, we sweeping dat away...

well, take what u get. global warming, mofos, global warming.

Redman
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Redman » August 5th, 2021, 9:54 am

Morning Zoombandranath.
I see you back in your normal way.
we missed that pleasant disposition.
Its a 2018 article -you should read it -

This is Jack Warner IN Guyana..in 2010..which must captivate you.
https://guyanachronicle.com/2010/08/17/ ... o-caricom/

“There is ample evidence to suggest that the failure of State agencies to remedy the perennial issues of clogged drains and water-courses and to dredge our rivers may be a significant cause of these floods. We are confident as well that the indiscriminate dumping of garbage into our rivers has also contributed to this national disaster. Our preliminary investigations also suggest that the rampant breaches of the law with respect to the construction of housing and massive skyscrapers in our cities, without relevant approval, would have also contributed to flash floods” said Warner.
Warner will visit today residents of Bamboo Settlement number two from 11 a.m. to listen to their complaints concerning roads, drainage and construction works.

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » August 5th, 2021, 9:56 am

when The_Honourable calls you fool to an ass and a half you should listen.

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » August 5th, 2021, 10:01 am

Redman wrote:Morning Zoombandranath.
I see you back in your normal way.
we missed that pleasant disposition.
Its a 2018 article -you should read it -

This is Jack Warner IN Guyana..in 2010..which must captivate you.
https://guyanachronicle.com/2010/08/17/ ... o-caricom/

“There is ample evidence to suggest that the failure of State agencies to remedy the perennial issues of clogged drains and water-courses and to dredge our rivers may be a significant cause of these floods. We are confident as well that the indiscriminate dumping of garbage into our rivers has also contributed to this national disaster. Our preliminary investigations also suggest that the rampant breaches of the law with respect to the construction of housing and massive skyscrapers in our cities, without relevant approval, would have also contributed to flash floods” said Warner.
Warner will visit today residents of Bamboo Settlement number two from 11 a.m. to listen to their complaints concerning roads, drainage and construction works.

Dis is 2021 and we under cont-trolled by the red government .

It is right of the Red government to control flooding by any mean necessary.

You all failed big time

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”