TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

CAL "Milking" Guyanese To Cover Tobago Losses

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

User avatar
zoom rader
TriniTuner 24-7
Posts: 17637
Joined: April 22nd, 2003, 12:39 pm
Location: Grand Cayman

Re: CAL "Milking" Guyanese To Cover Tobago Losses

Postby zoom rader » January 3rd, 2020, 11:00 am

hydroep wrote:Seeing that the PNM on a move to wean people off their dependency on the State they should remove the fuel subsidy on the airbridge. If they subsidize fuel on the seabridge remove that too.

Sure that will make things in Tobago more expensive and perhaps make it a less attractive vacation spot but...as they said with the removal of the motor vehicle fuel subsidy it will reflect the true cost of doing business and force the Tourism Market to become more efficient to remain competitive.

And for the regular Tobagonian and inter-island vacationer who starts to complain just hush allyuh skunt. Who want to travel pay full price — otherwise stay home or swim...:|
Once Toco port build then it's bye bye air subsidy. That's what they are waiting on.

Advertisement
User avatar
VexXx Dogg
TriniTuner 24-7
Posts: 13125
Joined: May 1st, 2003, 10:23 am
Location: ���

Re: CAL "Milking" Guyanese To Cover Tobago Losses

Postby VexXx Dogg » January 3rd, 2020, 11:07 am

Read between the lines.

Guyana oil rich now.
CAL prob going to get cutup from the TT-GUY route

User avatar
zoom rader
TriniTuner 24-7
Posts: 17637
Joined: April 22nd, 2003, 12:39 pm
Location: Grand Cayman

Re: CAL "Milking" Guyanese To Cover Tobago Losses

Postby zoom rader » January 3rd, 2020, 11:12 am

VexXx Dogg wrote:Read between the lines.

Guyana oil rich now.
CAL prob going to get cutup from the TT-GUY route
Guyana was always rich, they just don't know how to manage their wealth

Gold
Diamonds
Lumber

You really think they can manage Oil?

Banana republic 101

User avatar
Dizzy28
TriniTuner 24-7
Posts: 10404
Joined: February 8th, 2010, 8:54 am
Location: People's Republic of Bananas

Re: CAL

Postby Dizzy28 » January 3rd, 2020, 11:19 am

zoom rader wrote:
VexXx Dogg wrote:Read between the lines.

Guyana oil rich now.
CAL prob going to get cutup from the TT-GUY route
Guyana was always rich, they just don't know how to manage their wealth

Gold
Diamonds
Lumber

You really think they can manage Oil?

Banana republic 101


Sad to say but ZR has a very valid point here......they were never as poor as made out to be. And since their track record of managing wealth was so bad before this, that oil boom may very well turnout to be the kiss of death that 3rd world countries suffer when they suddenly get rich.

Ask Angola, Equatorial Guinea and Gabon how having lots of oil went for them. TBH we did pretty well despite the rampant corruption and mismanagement comparatively speaking.

I mean the good doctor didn't take us to Singapore levels but that is only because he wasn't visionary

User avatar
VexXx Dogg
TriniTuner 24-7
Posts: 13125
Joined: May 1st, 2003, 10:23 am
Location: ���

Re: CAL "Milking" Guyanese To Cover Tobago Losses

Postby VexXx Dogg » January 3rd, 2020, 1:50 pm

good point.

User avatar
timothymcdavid
Sweet on this forum
Posts: 277
Joined: October 31st, 2003, 9:22 am

Re: CAL "Milking" Guyanese To Cover Tobago Losses

Postby timothymcdavid » January 3rd, 2020, 5:01 pm

Guyana is suffering from a brain drain ... 80% of their university graduates leave ... who stays are those who are taking advantage of their situation or just plain wastes of time ... poor management of their abundant resources is only a symptom of the wider problem which is the mentality of in order for me to do well i must keep others down.

Also if you make money you must be a crook, drug dealer, advantage taker and or smart man. Also it isnt a crime to steal from someone who has alot cause "everyone has to live".

If anyone think I hate Guyanese nope love the people and the country bad but the mentality there needs to really change otherwise they will always be poor.

antlind
Riding on 16's
Posts: 1235
Joined: May 8th, 2007, 2:17 pm

Re: CAL "Milking" Guyanese To Cover Tobago Losses

Postby antlind » January 3rd, 2020, 5:21 pm

timothymcdavid wrote:Guyana is suffering from a brain drain ... 80% of their university graduates leave ... who stays are those who are taking advantage of their situation or just plain wastes of time ... poor management of their abundant resources is only a symptom of the wider problem which is the mentality of in order for me to do well i must keep others down.

Also if you make money you must be a crook, drug dealer, advantage taker and or smart man. Also it isnt a crime to steal from someone who has alot cause "everyone has to live".

If anyone think I hate Guyanese nope love the people and the country bad but the mentality there needs to really change otherwise they will always be poor.


Sounds similar to the situation in TT. ...... to some extent.

User avatar
timothymcdavid
Sweet on this forum
Posts: 277
Joined: October 31st, 2003, 9:22 am

Re: CAL "Milking" Guyanese To Cover Tobago Losses

Postby timothymcdavid » January 6th, 2020, 1:04 pm

antlind wrote:
timothymcdavid wrote:Guyana is suffering from a brain drain ... 80% of their university graduates leave ... who stays are those who are taking advantage of their situation or just plain wastes of time ... poor management of their abundant resources is only a symptom of the wider problem which is the mentality of in order for me to do well i must keep others down.

Also if you make money you must be a crook, drug dealer, advantage taker and or smart man. Also it isnt a crime to steal from someone who has alot cause "everyone has to live".

If anyone think I hate Guyanese nope love the people and the country bad but the mentality there needs to really change otherwise they will always be poor.


Sounds similar to the situation in TT. ...... to some extent.


Similar but general salaries in Trinidad are alot better.

Keep you down in Trinidad is keep you from wealth ... Keep you down in Guyana is keep you in abject poverty ... Prime minister in Guyana makes more than PM of Trinidad and Tobago but a policeamn makes less than 1/3rd the salary at all levels. Salaries are going up but still a ways to go.

Hence corruption is at a lower level a traffic policeman stops you in Guyana you are 8x's out of 10 you will get something just stopping you for a check "Boy the sun is hot", "lef something for the boys" or "you know its my birthday today" ... no lie.

If you happen to be doing something wrong or your documents arent in order well you know you best have been generous before cause you are going to the station for a worm out of your wallet.

User avatar
The_Honourable
punchin NOS
Posts: 4993
Joined: June 14th, 2009, 3:45 pm
Location: Land of Stupidity and Corruption

Re: CAL "Milking" Guyanese To Cover Tobago Losses

Postby The_Honourable » February 25th, 2020, 11:05 pm

Guyana not playing

Image

Guyana’s National Airline, Air Demerara Inc. Launching in 2021. Please visit our website http://airdemerara.com/ for more information and updates on our launch.

User avatar
ProtonPowder
I LUV THIS PLACE
Posts: 1019
Joined: April 2nd, 2018, 1:15 pm

Re: CAL "Milking" Guyanese To Cover Tobago Losses

Postby ProtonPowder » February 25th, 2020, 11:29 pm

guyana getting ready to waste money in record time

User avatar
sMASH
TriniTuner 24-7
Posts: 13235
Joined: January 11th, 2005, 4:30 am

Re: CAL "Milking" Guyanese To Cover Tobago Losses

Postby sMASH » February 25th, 2020, 11:34 pm

i think the quataris were there last year. they have bailed out the a380, that plane only makes money on long routes. i think they setting guyana to be the western play ground, and u get there as a destination, to help out the a380 investment.

User avatar
MaxPower
punchin NOS
Posts: 3744
Joined: October 31st, 2010, 2:37 pm

Re: CAL "Milking" Guyanese To Cover Tobago Losses

Postby MaxPower » February 26th, 2020, 1:53 am

Lmao...

Its kinda too late in the game for Guyana to start up their own airline...too many competitive carriers already in the game.

Westjet, Eastern, Jetblue, will mash them up.

How many Trinis you know disgusted with their own airline, CAL?

Alot of allyuh loveeee the Jetblue for example and refuse to have anything to do with CAL because of allyuh whining crying flight experiences.

Dont feel all guyanese loyal to their country and they just going to throw themselves on to this lamp post airline ....white man oil or not.

K74T
TriniTuner 24-7
Posts: 17244
Joined: June 7th, 2010, 11:01 pm

Re: CAL "Milking" Guyanese To Cover Tobago Losses

Postby K74T » February 26th, 2020, 6:54 am

Demerara Air

User avatar
hydroep
punchin NOS
Posts: 4854
Joined: February 4th, 2007, 9:16 pm

Re: CAL "Milking" Guyanese To Cover Tobago Losses

Postby hydroep » February 26th, 2020, 7:15 am

...one of the easiest ways for political hacks to get rich. And when they run it into the ground, rename/reorganize/reboot rinse and repeat...:|

User avatar
Dizzy28
TriniTuner 24-7
Posts: 10404
Joined: February 8th, 2010, 8:54 am
Location: People's Republic of Bananas

Re: CAL "Milking" Guyanese To Cover Tobago Losses

Postby Dizzy28 » February 26th, 2020, 8:46 am

CAL will buy that when they go buss

User avatar
MaxPower
punchin NOS
Posts: 3744
Joined: October 31st, 2010, 2:37 pm

Re: CAL "Milking" Guyanese To Cover Tobago Losses

Postby MaxPower » February 26th, 2020, 8:51 am

Dizzy28 wrote:CAL will buy that when they go buss


Well boi, the rate CAL going.

Spending money like rain.

They “appear” to be doing good.

User avatar
Dizzy28
TriniTuner 24-7
Posts: 10404
Joined: February 8th, 2010, 8:54 am
Location: People's Republic of Bananas

Re: CAL "Milking" Guyanese To Cover Tobago Losses

Postby Dizzy28 » February 26th, 2020, 10:09 am

CAL got a 300m fuel bill to NP written down last year. They as profitable as a one of Roberts Amar's businesses.
MaxPower wrote:
Dizzy28 wrote:CAL will buy that when they go buss


Well boi, the rate CAL going.

Spending money like rain.

They “appear” to be doing good.

User avatar
tr1ad
2NR phototakerouter
Posts: 10949
Joined: October 23rd, 2006, 1:02 pm
Location: Is ah ranking ting
Contact:

Re: CAL "Milking" Guyanese To Cover Tobago Losses

Postby tr1ad » February 26th, 2020, 11:48 am

anyone know the grip handling fees?

rspann
TriniTuner 24-7
Posts: 10187
Joined: June 25th, 2010, 10:23 pm
Location: Trinituner 24/7

Re: CAL "Milking" Guyanese To Cover Tobago Losses

Postby rspann » February 26th, 2020, 11:54 am

Bout $9000 budday.

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Dohplaydat, Google [Bot] and 25 guests