TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

Coronavirus - COVID-19 - 5297 cases, 96 deaths, 1549 active, 3652 recovered in T&T

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

paid_influencer
Riding on 17's

Re: Novel Coronavirus - “COVID-19” - 106 cases, 8 deaths confirmed in T&T

Postby paid_influencer » April 7th, 2020, 12:07 pm

K74T wrote:FB_IMG_1586269145196.jpeg

nobody is talking about this, but the rate of new cases has significantly slowed since last week.

edit: new case is in Tobago from the THA press release. History of recent travel

Advertisement
pugboy
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby pugboy » April 7th, 2020, 12:13 pm

the health workers abroad wearing the full face weedwacker type shield plus the breathing mask.
I see pricesmart cashiers wearing that now, but them thing heavy no ass.

There are options to use a 3d printer to make the forehead frame similar to a glasses and use projector clear plastic for the shield.

88sins wrote:i have my boxes of surgical masks & N95 home so I go use that when I hadda go out. not me and that cloth mask shite at all, cuz that ain't stopping aerosolized spray
and no, I don't give a good God damn that they saying leave those for healthcare workers, I done have them so I using them, and no I not sharing.

EDIT
fellas, wear eye protection as well in addition to your masks plz

aaron17
Shifting into 6th

Postby aaron17 » April 7th, 2020, 12:17 pm

KM_2NR wrote:Drove to PoS , looks like people finally got the memo and taking things a bit more seriously , but is it too late? hopefully the country pulls thru.
What time though?

bluefete
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby bluefete » April 7th, 2020, 12:41 pm

I don't know whether to :D :D :D or to :cry: :cry: :cry:

MaxPower wrote:Saw Imbert in the pharmacy last night getting some penis enlargement pills for when this is over.......waiting for allyuh.

Kewell35
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby Kewell35 » April 7th, 2020, 12:57 pm

bluefete wrote:I don't know whether to :D :D :D or to :cry: :cry: :cry:

MaxPower wrote:Saw Imbert in the pharmacy last night getting some penis enlargement pills for when this is over.......waiting for allyuh.

He hadda please Rowley somehow.

MaxPower
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby MaxPower » April 7th, 2020, 12:58 pm

88sins wrote:i have my boxes of surgical masks & N95 home so I go use that when I hadda go out. not me and that cloth mask shite at all, cuz that ain't stopping aerosolized spray
and no, I don't give a good God damn that they saying leave those for healthcare workers, I done have them so I using them, and no I not sharing.

EDIT

Reek,

I love that you are prepared/well stocked and you take this seriously. I wish more Trinis will take these steps.

Question time.

1. After you return home, do you wash your hands before you touch the dogs? Its disheartening to know that, wordwide, there is little or no concern for animals and Covid 19.

2. Which N95 do you have? Be sure its the N95 you have and not the KN95-C as it specifies it being a particle protector i.e - dust/pollen. The KN95 however, notates it as for antivirus.

3. There should be no comparison between the safety of a health care worker and anyone else outside that field. Imagine you and your family getting that last box of masks and a health care worker demands that they need it more than you do? What assness is that? This virus is in, out and around the entire world and everyone deserves the right to protect themselves in anyway they see fit regardless of who they are.

Your comments, when practical, are always appreciated.

Blaze d Chalice
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby Blaze d Chalice » April 7th, 2020, 1:13 pm

Hearing we at 9 deaths now.

ST Auto
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby ST Auto » April 7th, 2020, 1:26 pm

Yes there is some talk about that. Not sure

88sins
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Postby 88sins » April 7th, 2020, 1:47 pm

Sanitizer on the porch table, soap by the garden tap. So after exiting the vehicle either wash or sanitize before going into the porch. All items coming home put on one side of that table and are sprayed down and sanitized with a mixture of bleach and alcohol, left to stand for a minute then dried, before going into the house. After that table gets sprayed and wiped down. All my dogs trained to don't jump up on ppl to greet them so i got no worries about exposing them to potential contamination on my clothing. I keep a bottle of sanitizer as well as a box of gloves a masks in the vehicle, and a large brown paper envelope for disposing of used potentially contaminated ppe when entering the vehicle.
After getting inside, I take a nice long hot shower, putting all clothes in a hamper in a corner that has a bag inside and that gets covered till everything gets washed on laundry days. Bags get changed on those days.

As per my ppe, I bought my boxes of masks, gloves and goggles early, and I don't care who don't have or whether they want mine, I using what I have, and what I have is for me and mine. I not answering any question about why I I using surgical and N95 masks when they say use cloth masks. These are mine, and as such I'll use them as i see fit. The health and safety of me and mine more important to me than whatever yappage whoever want to say.

Cantmis
18 pounds of Boost

Postby Cantmis » April 7th, 2020, 2:15 pm

Can you be arrested for not wearing a mask, once you are outside ?

ST Auto
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby ST Auto » April 7th, 2020, 2:20 pm

No

Duane 3NE 2NR
Admin

Postby Duane 3NE 2NR » April 7th, 2020, 2:35 pm

pugboy wrote:the health workers abroad wearing the full face weedwacker type shield plus the breathing mask.
I see pricesmart cashiers wearing that now, but them thing heavy no ass.

There are options to use a 3d printer to make the forehead frame similar to a glasses and use projector clear plastic for the shield.

EDIT

There are lightweight face shields
https://www.amazon.com/plastic-face-shi ... ace+shield

killercow
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby killercow » April 7th, 2020, 2:59 pm

Curtms wrote:Can you be arrested for not wearing a mask, once you are outside ?

Public Holidays and Festivals Act.jpg

hydroep
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby hydroep » April 7th, 2020, 3:10 pm

Cross-contamination danger...:|

Dizzy28
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Dizzy28 » April 7th, 2020, 3:12 pm

Terry D keeps praising our efforts here as some of the best in the world.

Barbados has done 602 tests in a population of 286k whilst we have done 870 for 1.4m ppl.

http://jamaica-gleaner.com/article/worl ... 9-barbados

sMASH
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby sMASH » April 7th, 2020, 3:39 pm

paid_influencer wrote:
K74T wrote:FB_IMG_1586269145196.jpeg

nobody is talking about this, but the rate of new cases has significantly slowed since last week.

edit: new case is in Tobago from the THA press release. History of recent travel

depend on their sample segments.

DTAC
Shifting into 6th

Re: Novel Coronavirus - “COVID-19” - 105 cases, 8 deaths confirmed in T&T

Postby DTAC » April 7th, 2020, 3:50 pm

Dohplaydat wrote:Look at Sweden, South Korea, there are ways to deal with this without banning everything and making poor people suffer.

If you equating the Trinidadian mentality with those of the Swedes and South Koreans, you're living in some sort of alternate reality, hoss.

bluefete
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby bluefete » April 7th, 2020, 3:54 pm

Different cultures.

DTAC wrote:
Dohplaydat wrote:Look at Sweden, South Korea, there are ways to deal with this without banning everything and making poor people suffer.

If you equating the Trinidadian mentality with those of the Swedes and South Koreans, you're living in some sort of alternate reality, hoss.

RedVEVO

Postby RedVEVO » April 7th, 2020, 4:03 pm

bluefete wrote:Different cultures.

DTAC wrote:

Different cultures ?

Or just no common sense .. ?

K74T
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby K74T » April 7th, 2020, 4:08 pm

FB_IMG_1586290046799.jpeg

MaxPower
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby MaxPower » April 7th, 2020, 4:26 pm

Video circulating with negligent taxi driver HDX 9556.

Ignorant Trinis once again refusing to co-operate.

The law sais you dont have to wear a mask, so dont wear one ent? but he transporting people.

Should be blasted lucky the Govt allowed 50% capacity and not a full SOE.

And the nex jackox playing reporter.

Trinis again

sMASH
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby sMASH » April 7th, 2020, 4:32 pm

MaxPower wrote:Video circulating with negligent taxi driver HDX 9556.

Ignorant Trinis once again refusing to co-operate.

The law sais you dont have to wear a mask, so dont wear one ent? but he transporting people.

Should be blasted lucky the Govt allowed 50% capacity and not a full SOE.

And the nex jackox playing reporter.

Trinis again

if they called an SoE they coudl have ruled by decree, as they feel they can do so now. inthe absence of the SoE, one woudl have imagined that they woudl have prepared and passed the temporary legislation since they were red and ready since february, only waiting till the time to let paula proclaim it.

u forget when they tell gg to lock up all the joggers, and gg say, he could only apply the law, and not act outside of it... that was past the 7 day memory... ok. then the bring out legistation to stop jogging.

in the absence of the SoE , all laws still stand,

they follwoing america, but america u can wear a mask in public, so its no problem.

sMASH
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby sMASH » April 7th, 2020, 4:34 pm

Dizzy28
TriniTuner 24-7

Re: Novel Coronavirus - “COVID-19” - 107 cases, 8 deaths confirmed in T&T

Postby Dizzy28 » April 7th, 2020, 5:11 pm

^ Relating to this I was told by a Scotia rep that Scotia automatically adjusted everyone's loans with a three month deferral as it was the easiest thing to do for them . Checked my online status and it's true (at least for me) you all would need to call your home branch to adjust back if your don't want the deferral

toyolink
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby toyolink » April 7th, 2020, 5:18 pm

I sincerely hope that Gov't has a task force presently working on addressing such things as our food and essential supplies security come Sept/Oct this year.
The fact of the matter is in the next 3 months or so importation of goods and supplies to keep us going will become extremely difficult because of major supply chain breakdowns and the level of demand from more powerful and larger countries.
Yes, today many countries are reporting over supply of some produce due to inability to get to market or lack of.
However after this comes a period of low production or no production since in the case of agriculture, replanting etc. just isn't a present priority.
Medical and other supplies is a whole mess with the prospects of global production levels returning to mid 2019 levels looking very bleak.
The countries which are first in the queue with prepaid orders and contracts may be best able to endure the turmoil that is on the cards.
Already automotive supplies coming out of Asian markets have fallen away and we may be faced with unavailability and of course price adjustments.
The Gov't needs to do many critical activities in parallel at this time.

Miktay
Shifting into 6th

Postby Miktay » April 7th, 2020, 5:52 pm

A word to the wise iz sufficient...

https://www.amazon.com/s?k=home+ionizer ... _sb_noss_1

Ozone's Effectiveness in Killing SARS Coronavirus Leads to Theory on COVID-19

PR Newswire PR NewswireMarch 5, 2020
Quail Systems reports that since ozone has been proven to kill 99.999 percent of pathogens in the air, including SARS Coronavirus and influenzas such as H5N1, researchers anticipate that it may be an important tool in preventing the spread of the Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19).

ADAMSVILLE, Tenn., March 5, 2020 /PRNewswire-PRWeb/ -- Since ozone has been proven to kill 99.999 percent of pathogens in the air, including SARS Coronavirus and influenzas such as H5N1, researchers anticipate that it may be an important tool in preventing the spread of the Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19).

"Ozone has been proven to kill the SARS Coronavirus," Robert Smith, president and CEO of Quail Systems, LLC said. "This 2019 strand has a similar makeup to SARS; therefore, we anticipate that ozone may kill the new, stronger strand, COVID-19. For decades, we have seen that ozone is the safest and most cost-effective option for protecting people by killing dangerous viruses and other threats," Smith added.

Viruses are small particles made up of crystals; ozone destroys viruses by attacking the nucleic acid core, thus damaging the viral RNA. After destroying these particles, ozone dissipates and leaves breathable oxygen as its only byproduct.

COVID-19 is an enveloped virus. In past studies, 99 percent of viruses have been destroyed and showed damage to their envelope proteins after 30 seconds of exposure to ozone. This can result in the virus's failure to attach to normal, healthy cells, and the breakdown of the single-stranded RNA can lead to the destruction of the virus.

According to the World Health Organization, coronaviruses are a large family of viruses that cause illnesses ranging from the common cold to more severe diseases such as Middle East Respiratory Syndrome (MERS-CoV) and Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome (SARS-CoV). COVID-19 had not been previously identified in humans.

The strongest disinfectant available to the public, ozone safely has been used for decades in homes and businesses. Using ozonated water for handwashing kills bacteria and viruses on impact. Ozone is created by special generators that release it in the air for purification or infuse it into water for disinfecting surfaces.

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/ozones-e ... 00776.html

Gladiator
30 pounds of Boost

Postby Gladiator » April 7th, 2020, 6:28 pm

If it wasn't for COVID I swear we gearing up for an actual war yes... how much involvement we really having in this Trump vs Maduro thing?

adnj
30 pounds of Boost

Postby adnj » April 7th, 2020, 7:02 pm

paid_influencer wrote:^ that is a press release. "PR Newswire" is a press release distribution firm, not a news source.

+1

sMASH
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby sMASH » April 7th, 2020, 7:25 pm

Gladiator wrote:If it wasn't for COVID I swear we gearing up for an actual war yes... how much involvement we really having in this Trump vs Maduro thing?

so u really saying amalgated hadda fight seal team 6? ... i dont know what to say.. all i seeing is the treasury leaking away.

88sins

Postby 88sins » April 7th, 2020, 7:37 pm

toyolink wrote:I sincerely hope that Gov't has a task force presently working on addressing such things as our food and essential supplies security come Sept/Oct this year.
The fact of the matter is in the next 3 months or so importation of goods and supplies to keep us going will become extremely difficult because of major supply chain breakdowns and the level of demand from more powerful and larger countries.
Yes, today many countries are reporting over supply of some produce due to inability to get to market or lack of.
However after this comes a period of low production or no production since in the case of agriculture, replanting etc. just isn't a present priority.
Medical and other supplies is a whole mess with the prospects of global production levels returning to mid 2019 levels looking very bleak.
The countries which are first in the queue with prepaid orders and contracts may be best able to endure the turmoil that is on the cards.
Already automotive supplies coming out of Asian markets have fallen away and we may be faced with unavailability and of course price adjustments.
The Gov't needs to do many critical activities in parallel at this time.

Add to that our almost nonexistent oil production, low oil prices and decreased demand, our current HEAVY spending of our limited forex, and the bidding wars for ppe and meds and food and fuel and other essentials that we as a nation are more than likely to have to face, and you can see where this going.
If ever there was a time and reason to become self sufficient, this is it

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”