TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

Coronavirus - COVID-19 - 5568 cases, 106 deaths, 1276 active, 4186 recovered in T&T

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

User avatar
paid_influencer
Riding on 17's
Posts: 1522
Joined: November 18th, 2017, 4:15 pm

Re: Coronavirus - COVID-19 - 117 cases, 8 deaths, 108 discharged in T&T

Postby paid_influencer » May 30th, 2020, 11:01 pm

In times of crisis, when life or death is at stake, believers turn to their religion to understand the situation they are experiencing. This is why in Muslim societies, where the scourge of COVID-19 is rampant, we often hear the words of the Prophet Mohammed quoted: "If the plague breaks out in a region do not go there, but if you are already there, do not come out of it."


https://news.Colombia.edu/news/islam-le ... ith-plague

Advertisement
redmanjp
TriniTuner 24-7
Posts: 8698
Joined: September 22nd, 2009, 11:01 pm
Contact:

Re: Coronavirus - COVID-19 - 116 cases, 8 deaths, 108 discharged in T&T

Postby redmanjp » May 30th, 2020, 11:04 pm

Dohplaydat wrote:
shake d livin wake d dead wrote:
paid_influencer wrote:CMO: There is a 'great risk' of anyone returning being positive.

Why the hell are we allowing so many people to return?


Stuarty bowing to pressure from the outside and well internally from lawyers


We should have been allowing RESIDENTS of Trinidad and Tobago to return all this time with mandatory 14 day quarentines. This would have avoided a huge backlog which is just building right now.

Utilize as much facilities to quarentine them and test them upon leaving. It's not rocket science.

You gonna keep people who live here out of the country till when?


we don't have unlimited facilities u know- it has to be done gradually but they are increasing the number of ppl getting exemptions to come in.

Gladiator
30 pounds of Boost
Posts: 2613
Joined: April 20th, 2006, 9:43 am

Re: Coronavirus - COVID-19 - 117 cases, 8 deaths, 108 discharged in T&T

Postby Gladiator » May 30th, 2020, 11:19 pm

dean_spleen09 wrote:
Gladiator wrote:I know Roshan is a smart guy... But wouldn't it have made more sense to bring back all the outside people during the last couple months when everybody was still locked down


you have to be a special kinda dunce to believe EVERYBODY was in lockdown for the last couple of months.


Of course not yuh cornt.... but you have to be living up somebody anus to not realize that hundreds of thousands of people were not attending work, not able to mull around in malls and public spaces etc. there were much less people using public transport and frequenting banks. From Monday all that will change.

Gladiator
30 pounds of Boost
Posts: 2613
Joined: April 20th, 2006, 9:43 am

Re: Coronavirus - COVID-19 - 116 cases, 8 deaths, 108 discharged in T&T

Postby Gladiator » May 30th, 2020, 11:22 pm

Dohplaydat wrote:
shake d livin wake d dead wrote:
paid_influencer wrote:CMO: There is a 'great risk' of anyone returning being positive.

Why the hell are we allowing so many people to return?


Stuarty bowing to pressure from the outside and well internally from lawyers


We should have been allowing RESIDENTS of Trinidad and Tobago to return all this time with mandatory 14 day quarentines. This would have avoided a huge backlog which is just building right now.

Utilize as much facilities to quarentine them and test them upon leaving. It's not rocket science.

You gonna keep people who live here out of the country till when?


I hate to admit it but.... same blasted thing I saying.

Also instead of giving 1 million to invisible hotels in Tobago just pay them (the real ones that is) to be quarantine centers... they make some money in the downtime and the Govt gets a service rather than orchestrating a freebee racket.

redmanjp
TriniTuner 24-7
Posts: 8698
Joined: September 22nd, 2009, 11:01 pm
Contact:

Re: Coronavirus - COVID-19 - 117 cases, 8 deaths, 108 discharged in T&T

Postby redmanjp » May 30th, 2020, 11:37 pm

^are u talking about tobago residents alone or trinidad residents quarantining quite there then coming to trinidad?

Gladiator
30 pounds of Boost
Posts: 2613
Joined: April 20th, 2006, 9:43 am

Re: Coronavirus - COVID-19 - 117 cases, 8 deaths, 108 discharged in T&T

Postby Gladiator » May 30th, 2020, 11:51 pm

redmanjp wrote:^are u talking about tobago residents alone or trinidad residents quarantining quite there then coming to trinidad?


Send everybody tobago nah man.... it have empty self contained rooms in all those empty hotels and guest houses and all the Tobago catering services equipped, ready and shutdown plus CAL pilots need to fly.

Simple operation.... send the flight from wherever to Tobago, quarantine for 14 days then bring them to home to Trinidad.

User avatar
DTAC
Shifting into 6th
Posts: 2171
Joined: October 15th, 2008, 1:56 am

Re: Coronavirus - COVID-19 - 117 cases, 8 deaths, 108 discharged in T&T

Postby DTAC » May 31st, 2020, 1:33 am

Dohplaydat wrote:1when a vaccine is out and that's going to be September for the latest.


What fever dream you pull that date out from ??? When and if one is discovered it has to be peer reviewed, go through human trials, then synthersised and mass produced in a large enough number to distribute to millions on every country on Earth, then get delivered to Trinidad and then have an inoculation system in place for delivery, and you dream that'll happen in September at the latest?????!!!! Even Trump never say anything that dotish.

User avatar
maj. tom
TriniTuner 24-7
Posts: 7546
Joined: March 16th, 2012, 10:47 am
Location: ᑐᑌᑎᕮ

Re: Coronavirus - COVID-19 - 117 cases, 8 deaths, 108 discharged in T&T

Postby maj. tom » May 31st, 2020, 6:07 am

T&T records another Covid case - No. 117
Richard Charan May 30, 2020

Hours after Prime Minister Dr Keith Rowley accelerated the reopening of the country's economy, comes sobering news that Trinidad and Tobago has recorded another case of the Covid-19 coronavirus.

It is the 117th known case.

The case was confirmed this afternoon by Health Minister Terrence Deyalsingh in a television interview.

It was the first positive case since April 26.
Deyalsingh confirmed the positive test.

He said it involved a family of three that returned to the country on Thursday evening and was immediately taken the Home for Football in Couva under strict quarantine protocols. They were swabbed and two tests came back negative. one was positive.

He said that the case, since it was imported, did not affect the Phase 3 measures to reopen the economy. as announced today by the Prime Minister.

He said it was a case totally under control and the cases was under quarantine.
https://trinidadexpress.com/newsextra/t ... 71d6a.html

User avatar
maj. tom
TriniTuner 24-7
Posts: 7546
Joined: March 16th, 2012, 10:47 am
Location: ᑐᑌᑎᕮ

Re: Coronavirus - COVID-19 - 117 cases, 8 deaths, 108 discharged in T&T

Postby maj. tom » May 31st, 2020, 6:10 am

So they let some people through the borders, and predictably a case comes in. How many undetected came in at that point?

As soon as they open the borders again, American Covid carriers are going to stream all over the world and create a 2nd global wave. This morning it's 105,557 dead of Covid-19 in USA, with 1.8 million cases.

What about the growing epicenter in Brazil and the Venezuelan migration connections?

User avatar
j.o.e
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa
Posts: 5167
Joined: October 5th, 2008, 8:56 pm
Location: On tuner

Re: Coronavirus - COVID-19 - 117 cases, 8 deaths, 108 discharged in T&T

Postby j.o.e » May 31st, 2020, 8:20 am

maj. tom wrote:So they let some people through the borders, and predictably a case comes in. How many undetected came in at that point?

As soon as they open the borders again, American Covid carriers are going to stream all over the world and create a 2nd global wave. This morning it's 105,557 dead of Covid-19 in USA, with 1.8 million cases.

What about the growing epicenter in Brazil and the Venezuelan migration connections?


Mandatory state quarantine is in place for everyone entering. Positive or not

User avatar
Ted_v2
TriniTuner 24-7
Posts: 11211
Joined: March 30th, 2010, 8:58 pm

Re: Coronavirus - COVID-19 - 117 cases, 8 deaths, 108 discharged in T&T

Postby Ted_v2 » May 31st, 2020, 9:01 am

Gladiator wrote:
redmanjp wrote:^are u talking about tobago residents alone or trinidad residents quarantining quite there then coming to trinidad?


Send everybody tobago nah man.... it have empty self contained rooms in all those empty hotels and guest houses and all the Tobago catering services equipped, ready and shutdown plus CAL pilots need to fly.

Simple operation.... send the flight from wherever to Tobago, quarantine for 14 days then bring them to home to Trinidad.


Great idea.

User avatar
death365
Chronic TriniTuner
Posts: 693
Joined: June 24th, 2013, 2:30 pm
Location: San Juan

Re: Coronavirus - COVID-19 - 117 cases, 8 deaths, 108 discharged in T&T

Postby death365 » May 31st, 2020, 3:37 pm

I wonder what people did with the cases of lysol and other toiletries. Cause some people over buy in march

User avatar
Blaze d Chalice
I LUV THIS PLACE
Posts: 1028
Joined: April 14th, 2019, 11:35 am

Re: Coronavirus - COVID-19 - 117 cases, 8 deaths, 108 discharged in T&T

Postby Blaze d Chalice » May 31st, 2020, 4:38 pm

paid_influencer wrote:
In times of crisis, when life or death is at stake, believers turn to their religion to understand the situation they are experiencing. This is why in Muslim societies, where the scourge of COVID-19 is rampant, we often hear the words of the Prophet Mohammed quoted: "If the plague breaks out in a region do not go there, but if you are already there, do not come out of it."


https://news.Colombia.edu/news/islam-le ... ith-plague


Rubbish.
Wouldn't a real (not false) prophet be able to say before hand, "The plague will break out in X place and time, so don't go there" instead of "If it breaks out"?
Common sense would dictate that.

redmanjp
TriniTuner 24-7
Posts: 8698
Joined: September 22nd, 2009, 11:01 pm
Contact:

Re: Coronavirus - COVID-19 - 117 cases, 8 deaths, 108 discharged in T&T

Postby redmanjp » May 31st, 2020, 8:02 pm

Ted_v2 wrote:
Gladiator wrote:
redmanjp wrote:^are u talking about tobago residents alone or trinidad residents quarantining quite there then coming to trinidad?


Send everybody tobago nah man.... it have empty self contained rooms in all those empty hotels and guest houses and all the Tobago catering services equipped, ready and shutdown plus CAL pilots need to fly.

Simple operation.... send the flight from wherever to Tobago, quarantine for 14 days then bring them to home to Trinidad.


Great idea.


perhaps. but they would need 24/7 security outside their rooms. the last thing we need is one of them sneaking out and going into any public place, even grocery.

NR8
Riding on 18's
Posts: 1760
Joined: January 14th, 2012, 2:20 pm

Re: Coronavirus - COVID-19 - 117 cases, 8 deaths, 108 discharged in T&T

Postby NR8 » June 1st, 2020, 7:09 am

redmanjp wrote:
Ted_v2 wrote:
Gladiator wrote:
redmanjp wrote:^are u talking about tobago residents alone or trinidad residents quarantining quite there then coming to trinidad?


Send everybody tobago nah man.... it have empty self contained rooms in all those empty hotels and guest houses and all the Tobago catering services equipped, ready and shutdown plus CAL pilots need to fly.

Simple operation.... send the flight from wherever to Tobago, quarantine for 14 days then bring them to home to Trinidad.


Great idea.


perhaps. but they would need 24/7 security outside their rooms. the last thing we need is one of them sneaking out and going into any public place, even grocery.

One would presume this was already the case at all the quarantine and step down facilities, no?

Gladiator
30 pounds of Boost
Posts: 2613
Joined: April 20th, 2006, 9:43 am

Re: Coronavirus - COVID-19 - 117 cases, 8 deaths, 108 discharged in T&T

Postby Gladiator » June 1st, 2020, 7:14 am

I have had some meetings with the TTDF and MoNS they have the security aspect covered very well.
NR8 wrote:
redmanjp wrote:
Ted_v2 wrote:
Gladiator wrote:
redmanjp wrote:^are u talking about tobago residents alone or trinidad residents quarantining quite there then coming to trinidad?


Send everybody tobago nah man.... it have empty self contained rooms in all those empty hotels and guest houses and all the Tobago catering services equipped, ready and shutdown plus CAL pilots need to fly.

Simple operation.... send the flight from wherever to Tobago, quarantine for 14 days then bring them to home to Trinidad.


Great idea.


perhaps. but they would need 24/7 security outside their rooms. the last thing we need is one of them sneaking out and going into any public place, even grocery.

One would presume this was already the case at all the quarantine and step down facilities, no?

redmanjp
TriniTuner 24-7
Posts: 8698
Joined: September 22nd, 2009, 11:01 pm
Contact:

Re: Coronavirus - COVID-19 - 117 cases, 8 deaths, 108 discharged in T&T

Postby redmanjp » June 2nd, 2020, 2:16 am

https://trinidadexpress.com/newsextra/t-t-surrounded-by-coronavirus/article_91d424e4-a419-11ea-8ba3-47e5a64291c9.html
'T&T surrounded by coronavirus'
Khamarie Rodriguez Jun 1, 2020 Updated 9 hrs ago

Image
Despite a drop in the national case load that has allowed for the accelerated phased reopening of the country’s ecomony, Covid-19 remains a threat.

This according to Minister of Health Terrance Deyalsingh who told members of the media during a virtual media conference on Monday that while the Government continues to accept persons into the country’s borders, virus numbers and deaths worldwide continue to mount.

He spoke of case 117, which came after more than a month with no new cases being recorded in the country. He said that the case came from a family of three that was repatriated last week via an air ambulance from Houston. The family was immediately quarantined upon arrival and tested for the virus. The case was reported to the Ministry on Saturday afternoon following the Prime Minister’s national address concerning phase three of reopening, scheduled to begin on Monday morning.

“As announced by the Prime Minister on Saturday 30, we have an early start to phase three of the reopening of the economy. On Saturday the numbers for Trinidad and Tobago stood at 116 and those were fairly static for about a month I believe. After the Honorable Prime Minister made his announcement, we did get word at around 5.p.m. or 5.30 .p.m. that on Saturday afternoon that we did have one more case, which luckily was an imported case,” he said.

He added that as the case was imported, it would not affect the status of the economic reopening as set out by the Prime Minister.

Deyalsingh said that the imported case reflected the ease at which the virus can re-enter the country and affect many. As the total global caseload today surpassed 6 million, he said this number could easily account for the entire population of the Caricom region. The number of total deaths he said, was five times more than the population of Tobago.

“Whenever we speak at these press conferences, we give the global figure. We give the global figure to remind citizens that Trinidad and Tobago is still surrounded by coronavirus. I know that many citizens feel that the threat has passed but with this latest imported case it should reinforce in the minds of citizens that the threat has not really passed.”

“Where are we in the world today? 6,302,150 that is the population of Caricom. It is like having the whole of Caricom, every man, woman, child, Prime Minister, nurse, doctor, in the Caricom region infected. That is the number. The number of deaths is 374 554. In the Trinidad and Tobago setting, that is about five times the population of Tobago. It is probably the entire southern part of the country’s population or the entire East/West corridor have died,” he said.

He said that as the Government was prepared to accept more stranded nationals from across the globe, including cruise ship workers and UWI students, care needs to be executed in the way repatriation is managed. While he said the parallel healthcare, system has a significant capacity, the threat of transmission remains one to be considered.

“As we accept more and more people into our territory in a very measured way, I think what happened on Saturday afternoon speaks volumes to the careful way we have been managing having our citizens come back into the country. There was a call by one ill-informed person to bring in 1,000 people because we have 1,000 beds in the parallel healthcare system. I think we have exploded that theory. That is why we always emphasize at these press conferences; the virus is around us.

“Yes, Trinidad and Tobago have done an excellent job but the threat is out there and the threat is still real. And as we bring in more people from different sources, whether it's from the University of the West Indies, the cruise ship employees, the people from Venezuela, the people from Guyana. As we bring in people in this measured way. It is this measured reintroduction of people into Trinidad and Tobago that will save us. That one case we got on Saturday should remind us that you simply can’t flip a switch, whether it's for the economy or whether it's for reentry into Trinidad and Tobago, it has to be a gradual, well thought out and measured process,” he said.

redmanjp
TriniTuner 24-7
Posts: 8698
Joined: September 22nd, 2009, 11:01 pm
Contact:

Re: Coronavirus - COVID-19 - 117 cases, 8 deaths, 108 discharged in T&T

Postby redmanjp » June 2nd, 2020, 10:19 am

were they in breach of the law? considering a covid party was at a guesthouse?

https://trinidadexpress.com/newsextra/everyone-practiced-social-distancing-and-wore-masks/article_10acca84-a4d1-11ea-990f-979ae542bb01.html
'Everyone practiced social distancing and wore masks'
Kimoy Leon Sing 1 hr ago
Image
Attorney General Faris Al Rawi (right) and Oropouche East MP Dr Roodal Moonilal on stage with singers (from left) Anuradha Hansraj, Rooplal Girdharie, Satnarine Ragoo, Imran GI Beharry (at back) and Reshma Ramlal

Southex CEO George Singh is responding to those who say his virtual concert last Friday was in breach of the government imposed health regulations to slow the spread of Covid-19 at its virtual Indian Arrival Day fundraising concert on Saturday.

Speaking to the Express on Monday, Singh said, “This was done at my home; a private residence and there was absolutely no audience in attendance.”

The fundraising concert which went live on Facebook, showed Attorney General Faris Al-Rawi, Oropouche East MP Roodlal Moonilal, Singh, and several singers without masks standing close together.

Singh said, everyone in attendance practiced social distancing and were wearing masks which were only removed for singing.

According to Singh, the safety of everyone attending was a top priority, and as such, they were all asked to arrive at staggered intervals.

Moonilal, who was at the fundraiser, and was seen online not wearing a mask, said he was just following the lead set by the Prime Minister Dr Keith Rowley and the Minister of Health Terrence Deyalsingh.

He said, “These regular press conferences at the Diplomatic Centre, one notices neither the Prime Minister nor minister Deyalsingh are not wearing masks anymore to talk, so it is the same principle I think when there are no persons in front of you.”

“I saw Mr Rowley and Deyalsingh in a huddle at the last press conference, and they were lips apart. They had to discuss a matter and they were lips apart, so I imagine once you are talking or in our case singing, it is the same thing,” he said.

According to Moonilal, singing is difficult to do in a mask, especially if one is trying to make a note, so he took it off.

Singh reiterated that they followed all health guidelines, and the concert went off without a hitch.

“Remember this was done at a private residence, so the Public Health Ordinance Act, I don’t think we infringed on anything in the Act at all,” he said.

The virtual fundraising concert was a first for Southex, and Singh says he wants to make it an annual event.

Singh said since the government stay-at-home order came into effect, there are many people, including artistes that have been using social media and live streaming to do virtual concerts.

Singh said the event raised almost $45,000 and will benefit chutney singers Sam Boodram, and Boodram Holass.

He says measures are underway to give assistance to other artistes and musicians whose income has been affected by the Covid-19 restrictions.

He said, “We got a 1000 comments and they were very positive. People enjoyed the show…..they shared it and I think they appreciated what we pushed out for Arrival Day. You will always get negative comments no matter what you do, so that’s expected.”

In Trinidad and Tobago, mask wearing is not a legal requirement.

According to Rowley, though this option was explored, and discussions were held with the attorney general on it, he concluded that it was to remain a matter of personal character.

Addressing the media at its virtual daily press brief on Saturday, Dr Rowley noted the wearing of a mask, did little in preventing an individual from contracting the virus, but it instead prevented the transmission of the virus from the mask wearer to the wider public.


that singing could have spread the virus- just like what the CDC said about a super spreader in a choir who infected dozens of choir members. https://www.latimes.com/world-nation/story/2020-06-01/coronavirus-choir-singing-cdc-warning
Last edited by redmanjp on June 2nd, 2020, 10:35 am, edited 2 times in total.

User avatar
Dizzy28
TriniTuner 24-7
Posts: 11574
Joined: February 8th, 2010, 8:54 am
Location: People's Republic of Bananas

Re: Coronavirus - COVID-19 - 117 cases, 8 deaths, 108 discharged in T&T

Postby Dizzy28 » June 2nd, 2020, 10:21 am

^ Is Feris's pants so tight he has to tuck his phone in his belt??

User avatar
MaxPower
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa
Posts: 5508
Joined: October 31st, 2010, 2:37 pm

Re: Coronavirus - COVID-19 - 117 cases, 8 deaths, 108 discharged in T&T

Postby MaxPower » June 2nd, 2020, 10:26 am

Dizzy28 wrote:^ Is Feris's pants so tight he has to tuck his phone in his belt??


Yeh bro it is,

He prob don’t like how it visibly prints out.

Sexy man ting na

User avatar
paid_influencer
Riding on 17's
Posts: 1522
Joined: November 18th, 2017, 4:15 pm

Re: Coronavirus - COVID-19 - 117 cases, 8 deaths, 108 discharged in T&T

Postby paid_influencer » June 2nd, 2020, 6:00 pm

redmanjp wrote:that singing could have spread the virus- just like what the CDC said about a super spreader in a choir who infected dozens of choir members. https://www.latimes.com/world-nation/story/2020-06-01/coronavirus-choir-singing-cdc-warning


yup. it's like saying everyone wore condoms and only took them off when it was time to fk

pugboy
TriniTuner 24-7
Posts: 14319
Joined: September 6th, 2003, 6:18 pm

Re: Coronavirus - COVID-19 - 117 cases, 8 deaths, 108 discharged in T&T

Postby pugboy » June 2nd, 2020, 6:11 pm

The man real name is Johnny Seukeran eh

Dizzy28 wrote:^ Is Feris's pants so tight he has to tuck his phone in his belt??

User avatar
MaxPower
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa
Posts: 5508
Joined: October 31st, 2010, 2:37 pm

Coronavirus - COVID-19 - 117 cases, 8 deaths, 108 discharged in T&T

Postby MaxPower » June 2nd, 2020, 9:57 pm

Any evidence that tear gas kills Covid-19 in the air?

If it does, they should stop using it.

This is a pandemic and these protestors/rioters have no consideration for this, themselves and the elderly that they are going home to.

I want the cases to increase high enough for them to now understand the consequences of their actions.

Lives Lost, Lessons Learnt.

Gladiator
30 pounds of Boost
Posts: 2613
Joined: April 20th, 2006, 9:43 am

Re: Coronavirus - COVID-19 - 117 cases, 8 deaths, 108 discharged in T&T

Postby Gladiator » June 2nd, 2020, 10:02 pm

MaxPower wrote:Any evidence that tear gas kills Covid-19 in the air?

If it does, they should stop using it.

This is a pandemic and these protestors/rioters have no consideration for this, themselves and the elderly that they are going home to.

I want the cases to increase high enough for them to now understand the consequences of their actions.


Actually one medical expert said that it causes you to cough with mucus production in the eyes and respiratory tract which will accelerate COVID19 spread 10X

User avatar
MaxPower
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa
Posts: 5508
Joined: October 31st, 2010, 2:37 pm

Re: Coronavirus - COVID-19 - 117 cases, 8 deaths, 108 discharged in T&T

Postby MaxPower » June 2nd, 2020, 11:21 pm

Gladiator wrote:
MaxPower wrote:Any evidence that tear gas kills Covid-19 in the air?

If it does, they should stop using it.

This is a pandemic and these protestors/rioters have no consideration for this, themselves and the elderly that they are going home to.

I want the cases to increase high enough for them to now understand the consequences of their actions.


Actually one medical expert said that it causes you to cough with mucus production in the eyes and respiratory tract which will accelerate COVID19 spread 10X


God bless America

User avatar
KM_2NR
Chronic TriniTuner
Posts: 632
Joined: September 20th, 2009, 4:43 pm
Location: Headbanging in traffic

Re: Coronavirus - COVID-19 - 117 cases, 8 deaths, 108 discharged in T&T

Postby KM_2NR » June 3rd, 2020, 10:19 am

Honeymoon over , back to work

User avatar
MaxPower
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa
Posts: 5508
Joined: October 31st, 2010, 2:37 pm

Coronavirus - COVID-19 - 117 cases, 8 deaths, 108 discharged in T&T

Postby MaxPower » June 3rd, 2020, 11:55 pm

Edit
Attachments
Adjustments.JPG
Last edited by MaxPower on June 3rd, 2020, 11:55 pm, edited 4 times in total.

User avatar
sMASH
TriniTuner 24-7
Posts: 14617
Joined: January 11th, 2005, 4:30 am

Re: Coronavirus - COVID-19 - 117 cases, 8 deaths, 108 discharged in T&T

Postby sMASH » June 4th, 2020, 1:14 am

not if u keep the borders closed.
and if we get a second wave, that would be what, 8 additional deaths?

User avatar
MaxPower
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa
Posts: 5508
Joined: October 31st, 2010, 2:37 pm

Coronavirus - COVID-19 - 117 cases, 8 deaths, 108 discharged in T&T

Postby MaxPower » June 4th, 2020, 1:24 am

sMASH wrote:not if u keep the borders closed.
and if we get a second wave, that would be what, 8 additional deaths?


Oh sheit,

Posted in the wrong thread.

But yeh i agree.

adnj
punchin NOS
Posts: 2728
Joined: February 24th, 2014, 2:55 pm

Hydroxychloroquine fails to prevent coronavirus symptoms, researchers say

Postby adnj » June 4th, 2020, 7:11 am

A study published in The New England Journal of Medicine shows that, at least, the drug is not effective in preventing a person from contracting the virus once exposed to it.

“This was a large, randomized controlled trial done by very good people. Hydroxychloroquine did not provide a notable advantage,” Dr. William Schaffner, a specialist at Vanderbilt University, said.

The study, conducted by researchers from the University of Minnesota and Canada, used 821 participants who had been exposed to the virus. The participants were health care workers and people who may have been exposed to an infected family member.

None of the participants, ranging from ages 33 to 50, exhibited symptoms and did not exhibit any underlying health problems. Within four days of exposure, researchers randomly provided either hydroxychloroquine or a placebo.

Researchers found "hydroxychloroquine did not prevent illness compatible with COVID-19 or confirmed infection when used as postexposure prophylaxis within four days after exposure."

“The take-home message for the general public is that if you’re exposed to someone with COVID-19, hydroxychloroquine is not an effective post-exposure, preventive therapy,” the lead author of the study, Dr. David R. Boulware, from the University of Minnesota, said in an interview with the New York Times.

phpBB [video]

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: G-DUB, Redman, shake d livin wake d dead and 146 guests