TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

COVID-19 in Trinidad & Tobago (Local Updates & Discussions Only)

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

redmanjp
TriniTuner 24-7

Re: Coronavirus - COVID-19 - 225 cases, 8 deaths, 135 discharged in T&T

Postby redmanjp » August 7th, 2020, 6:46 pm

so can anyone say how many local cases we have had in total since this new wave started

shake d livin wake d dead
TunerGod

Postby shake d livin wake d dead » August 7th, 2020, 6:47 pm

Well there goes my 14...and I well say I playing it safe with meh figures

paid_influencer
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Postby paid_influencer » August 7th, 2020, 6:52 pm

lock down d blasted place now. why these politicans so F'ing dotish. They letting this disaster happen and no amount of blame going to fix it. Roll back the F'ing phase to phase 4 and let the CMO and his team, doctors and nurses in the hospital do their work.

redmanjp
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby redmanjp » August 7th, 2020, 6:53 pm

what was phase 4?

paid_influencer

Postby paid_influencer » August 7th, 2020, 6:59 pm

redmanjp wrote:what was phase 4?

basically everything open except bars and dine-in restaurants.

but that is a bridge too far for some politicians. MC. Last night I dream I was in I am Legend. This not good at all. MC politicians. Elections allowed this thing to spread. God punishing we for being dotish.

Dohplaydat
punchin NOS

Postby Dohplaydat » August 7th, 2020, 7:00 pm

redmanjp wrote:so can anyone say how many local cases we have had in total since this new wave started

80+

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » August 7th, 2020, 7:03 pm

and enforce group size limits

paid_influencer wrote:
redmanjp wrote:what was phase 4?

basically everything open except bars and dine-in restaurants.

but that is a bridge too far for some politicians. MC. Last night I dream I was in I am Legend. This not good at all. MC politicians. Elections allowed this thing to spread. God punishing we for being dotish.

sMASH
TunerGod

Re: Coronavirus - COVID-19 - 210 cases, 8 deaths, 135 discharged in T&T

Postby sMASH » August 7th, 2020, 7:25 pm

redmanjp wrote:^the downside to not testing asymptomatic ppl who were exposed is they may also be spreading it and creating more cases- what if on day 10 or 12 of quarantine they become contagious but no symptoms- by day 15 they finish quarantine thinking they fine but possibly still contagious

u want ah cookie or a vene?

THAT is ur main sources of spread, cause most people will have symptoms too slight to think they actually sick.
that is why, they need to so some amount of random testing. jess dedicate like a 100 tests or so every day to random places across the country. that way, u can actually uncover pockets. but do u politically want to do that?

but then, if u have it, and its not affecting ur lives in any significant way, do u really want to take a drastic action? especially if within a month, u should not be able to spread it again...

redmanjp
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby redmanjp » August 7th, 2020, 7:44 pm

what drastic action? testing of ppl without symptoms? i'm talking about contacts of positive persons- not d whole population- although as u stated we can do some random testing depending on how much tests we have. but we need to cover all bases first- asymptomatic spread could be driving the outbreak and some scientists have said so

paid_influencer

Re: Coronavirus - COVID-19 - 210 cases, 8 deaths, 135 discharged in T&T

Postby paid_influencer » August 7th, 2020, 8:02 pm

sMASH wrote:u want ah cookie or a vene?

THAT is ur main sources of spread, cause most people will have symptoms too slight to think they actually sick.
that is why, they need to so some amount of random testing. jess dedicate like a 100 tests or so every day to random places across the country. that way, u can actually uncover pockets. but do u politically want to do that?

i would take the cookie.

TunerGod

Postby shake d livin wake d dead » August 7th, 2020, 8:13 pm

Rbl independence square...its there and the contact tracing is ridiculous

paid_influencer

Postby paid_influencer » August 7th, 2020, 8:14 pm

redmanjp wrote:what drastic action? testing of ppl without symptoms? i'm talking about contacts of positive persons- not d whole population- although as u stated we can do some random testing depending on how much tests we have. but we need to cover all bases first- asymptomatic spread could be driving the outbreak and some scientists have said so

targeted testing to vulnerable populations should be top of the list. Not sure if they doing that.

CMO need to get a team of spanish speakers and aggressively test in communities with high migrant populations. Put a microscope on those places.

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » August 7th, 2020, 8:15 pm

news, before the news!!!

TunerGod

Postby shake d livin wake d dead » August 7th, 2020, 8:17 pm

sMASH wrote:news, before the news!!!

I rather let allyuh know where to go and not go as opposed to hearing 5 days later from authorities who clearly trying to cover up this sheit

paid_influencer

Postby paid_influencer » August 7th, 2020, 8:17 pm

shake d livin wake d dead wrote:Rbl independence square...its there and the contact tracing is ridiculous

plenty old people went there to collect pension.

:drinking:

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » August 7th, 2020, 8:19 pm

only testing symptomatic is tunnel vision, when asymptomatic persons form the majority of ur spreaders.

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » August 7th, 2020, 8:22 pm

shake d livin wake d dead wrote:
sMASH wrote:news, before the news!!!

I rather let allyuh know where to go and not go as opposed to hearing 5 days later from authorities who clearly trying to cover up this sheit
me, i jess dont want to be where the govt goons is, so they wouldnt have to take me in. the less in have to tangle with authorities, the better.

neilsingh100
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby neilsingh100 » August 7th, 2020, 8:24 pm

Rumor is out of the last 15 cases, 7 are police officers. After two weeks of contact tracing they should have been able to identify source of the recent infections.

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » August 7th, 2020, 8:27 pm

anyway we can get a vid clip from monday of terry saying the opposite ?

he also said it wednesday

sMASH wrote:only testing symptomatic is tunnel vision, when asymptomatic persons form the majority of ur spreaders.

TunerGod

Postby shake d livin wake d dead » August 7th, 2020, 9:04 pm

neilsingh100 wrote:Rumor is out of the last 15 cases, 7 are police officers. After two weeks of contact tracing they should have been able to identify source of the recent infections.

More than 300 officers are expected to be tested

FrankChag
Riding on 16's

Postby FrankChag » August 7th, 2020, 9:12 pm

sigh dammit, sigh SIGH!
What allyuh doin???!?

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » August 7th, 2020, 9:16 pm

pugboy wrote:anyway we can get a vid clip from monday of terry saying the opposite ?

he also said it wednesday

sMASH wrote:only testing symptomatic is tunnel vision, when asymptomatic persons form the majority of ur spreaders.

that is classic nazi disinformation.

the man own a setta pharmacy but was able to talk enough boolsheit to put in charge of the health ministry. he not interested in reality, only to satiate he supporters, that their tribe is the bess.

redmanjp
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby redmanjp » August 7th, 2020, 9:20 pm

^ hey Frank,

can you do 3 lines, 1 imported, 1 local contacts of positives and 1 for all unknown/pending investigation?

EFFECTIC DESIGNS
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby EFFECTIC DESIGNS » August 7th, 2020, 9:28 pm

I will just say this once

Either UNC or UNC people, one out of the 2, created a wild conspiracy theory that Trinidad has never had Covid. In the early stages the conspiracy they created was that Covid was a result of Carnival. When that didn't seem to add up and they noticed we weren't seeing any cases they then said Covid was some kind of Hoax and that it wasn't real and that it wasn't ever here. Rowley did that to make himself look good, now that Covid spreading like wild fire they are asking WHY is it suddenly conveniently spreading so close to election???

Surely it has to be a Hoax created by Rowley to cause panic and fear so he would win the election, they never explained HOW exactly Covid outbreak would help Rowley.

When that didn't work they created yet ANOTHER wild conspiracy theory that Rum and Lime along with Sunlight will kill Covid.

I thought PNM was supposed to be the party of dotish people and UNC was supposed to be the smart one?

UNC sent some swami blogger to the PNM livestream last night to spam the chat with gibberish like if he now drink a barrel of babash.

EFFECTIC DESIGNS
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby EFFECTIC DESIGNS » August 7th, 2020, 9:35 pm

MaxPower wrote:
Dohplaydat wrote:You don't need a full lockdown we never did. I argued against the strictness of the full lockdown as all it does is buy you time. You're supposed to flatten the curve not avoid it.

We need a balance, I assume the government is attempting that now. But I can assuredly tell you trinis have not adopted much hygienic practices.
Washing your hands and waring masks in groceries is all well and good but the majority of spread happens at:
Public gatherings like campaigning and religious ceremonies. Offices, house limes, schools and them bars. Gyms can remain open if persons wear masks and they avoid over crowding.

We need to educate people more on how it's spread. I'm seeing ppl wiping down groceries but not wearing any masks when at work. Or going over to lime by people house because apparently restaurants not safe.

PNM has wasted so much media time by not educating people on these things. Now they want to blame people for spreading it.

What we need to do now is limit the spread. Work from home should be encouraged as much as possible. Schools unfortunately will have to remain closed until we get a vaccine. We can keep mostly everything open, even bars. But bars will have to avoid overcrowding as well.

Who ever wins needs to get this vaccine asap. I still can't forgive Keith for declining Trinidad to be part of the 4th phase trial for the Oxford Zeneca vaccine. We could have been Covid free in September and get back to life as normal. Steups.

Hello DPD,

Yet again, another top class write up.

The PNM i agree, has their faults.

But it could have easily been worse.

That was a real quality write up by DPD here max I must agree fully.

I would have taken the Covid vaccine 4th phase trial

HOWEVER Max I would like to point out that Trinis with their staggering level of Anti Science Rubbish would have outright rejected it. The average Trini is an Anti Vaxer and so Dr Keith knows fully well this to be true and I could only imagine that he made that decision because of this. He knows Trinis won't take the Vaccine because they think the Vaccine is a tool of the white man the devil to wipe out the 3rd world.

This is a result of years of religious institutions getting too much power and having too much influence on our schools system which is the result of why our public education system is such a failure.

redmanjp
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby redmanjp » August 7th, 2020, 9:48 pm

^exactly how much ppl u need in a trial? 10000? 1000? u saying u can't even get that amount of ppl in T&T who are not antivax?

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » August 7th, 2020, 10:12 pm

its more than we had before, but not actually anything significant compared to the number of samples, or the total population.
this, is just increased sampling actually catching up with what was already going on.

Gladiator
punchin NOS

Postby Gladiator » August 7th, 2020, 10:22 pm

That's what happens when you play politics with a pandemic...

Use all the money to finance election gimmickry under the guise of Covid, then when you give away all and the real first wave come through, there is nothing left.

Great is the PNM.... Suffer now and dead
FrankChag wrote:sigh dammit, sigh SIGH!
What allyuh doin???!?

ST Auto
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby ST Auto » August 7th, 2020, 10:40 pm

When the thread was going good without ur input.
EFFECTIC DESIGNS wrote:I will just say this once

Either UNC or UNC people, one out of the 2, created a wild conspiracy theory that Trinidad has never had Covid. In the early stages the conspiracy they created was that Covid was a result of Carnival. When that didn't seem to add up and they noticed we weren't seeing any cases they then said Covid was some kind of Hoax and that it wasn't real and that it wasn't ever here. Rowley did that to make himself look good, now that Covid spreading like wild fire they are asking WHY is it suddenly conveniently spreading so close to election???

Surely it has to be a Hoax created by Rowley to cause panic and fear so he would win the election, they never explained HOW exactly Covid outbreak would help Rowley.

When that didn't work they created yet ANOTHER wild conspiracy theory that Rum and Lime along with Sunlight will kill Covid.

I thought PNM was supposed to be the party of dotish people and UNC was supposed to be the smart one?

UNC sent some swami blogger to the PNM livestream last night to spam the chat with gibberish like if he now drink a barrel of babash.

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby MaxPower » August 7th, 2020, 11:07 pm

EFFECTIC DESIGNS wrote:
MaxPower wrote:
Dohplaydat wrote:You don't need a full lockdown we never did. I argued against the strictness of the full lockdown as all it does is buy you time. You're supposed to flatten the curve not avoid it.

We need a balance, I assume the government is attempting that now. But I can assuredly tell you trinis have not adopted much hygienic practices.
Washing your hands and waring masks in groceries is all well and good but the majority of spread happens at:
Public gatherings like campaigning and religious ceremonies. Offices, house limes, schools and them bars. Gyms can remain open if persons wear masks and they avoid over crowding.

We need to educate people more on how it's spread. I'm seeing ppl wiping down groceries but not wearing any masks when at work. Or going over to lime by people house because apparently restaurants not safe.

PNM has wasted so much media time by not educating people on these things. Now they want to blame people for spreading it.

What we need to do now is limit the spread. Work from home should be encouraged as much as possible. Schools unfortunately will have to remain closed until we get a vaccine. We can keep mostly everything open, even bars. But bars will have to avoid overcrowding as well.

Who ever wins needs to get this vaccine asap. I still can't forgive Keith for declining Trinidad to be part of the 4th phase trial for the Oxford Zeneca vaccine. We could have been Covid free in September and get back to life as normal. Steups.

Hello DPD,

Yet again, another top class write up.

The PNM i agree, has their faults.

But it could have easily been worse.

That was a real quality write up by DPD here max I must agree fully.

I would have taken the Covid vaccine 4th phase trial

HOWEVER Max I would like to point out that Trinis with their staggering level of Anti Science Rubbish would have outright rejected it. The average Trini is an Anti Vaxer and so Dr Keith knows fully well this to be true and I could only imagine that he made that decision because of this. He knows Trinis won't take the Vaccine because they think the Vaccine is a tool of the white man the devil to wipe out the 3rd world.

This is a result of years of religious institutions getting too much power and having too much influence on our schools system which is the result of why our public education system is such a failure.

Hmmmm interesting ED.

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”