TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

COVID-19 in Trinidad & Tobago (Local Updates & Discussions Only)

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

adnj
TriniTuner 24-7

Re: Coronavirus - COVID-19 - 68288 (+624) cases, 2040 (+31) deaths, 9606 active, 56642 recovered in T&T

Postby adnj » November 27th, 2021, 9:52 pm

Last edited by adnj on November 27th, 2021, 9:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Duane 3NE 2NR
Admin

Re: Coronavirus - COVID-19 - 68288 (+624) cases, 2040 (+31) deaths, 9606 active, 56642 recovered in T&T

Postby Duane 3NE 2NR » November 27th, 2021, 9:55 pm

drchaos wrote:
MaxPower wrote:
drchaos wrote:
MaxPower wrote:
paid_influencer wrote:CMO needs to sit down and redraw all the Public Health Guidelines from scratch. because they ent working

They aren’t working because Trinis are NOT adhering.

What we need to do is enforce it.

Even people who adhereing and got vaccinated getting infected ...

So your solution is to double down on solutions that haven't worked since the pandemic started?

dr,

Explain to me HOW you can get Covid if your mouth and nose is protected?

How can you get Covid if you wash your hands?

How can you get Covid if you stay away and stay home?

Who ever you think is “adhering” are clearly not doing it properly. How do you know for SURE that they were? You don’t bro. Somewhere along the line they let their guard down.

Protected by what? An N95 with stop viral spread and how many people are using those?

Covid is not spread by surface contact ... Nature Journal and the WHO spoke about this aleady. Why are you denying the Science?

You can get covid if you stay at home because quite alot of house holds have essential workers who are still going out and interacting with people with pieces of cloth that have pore sizes larger than respiratory droplets.
Interacting with people is the bed rock of our society, people care for loved ones in different households, People work and interact with other people.

Its common sense man ... why you doubling down on the dotishness?
You cannot halt the spread of a virus you can slow it down only for it to rebound once you are forced to remove unsustainable measures which cause more harm than good.
Everyone needs to get infected ... the faster this happens the faster it becomes endemic and then it becomes nothing more than a common cold.

You are generalizing the data.
Essential workers are not in the majority.
During lockdowns or even restrictions, many companies resort to work-from-home and many places are closed limiting the movement and interaction of many.
The more people that isolate the less the virus can spread - that is common sense.
We cannot lock down forever however we control the spread by controlling the movement and interactions in periods where spread is high. New Zealand was able to do this for over a year - but while people get fed, up the virus doesnt and numbers can climb again as too much is relaxed at the wrong times.
Many factors contribute to controlling the spread including vaccination, PPE and social distancing, however they have to be done properly.

adnj
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby adnj » November 27th, 2021, 9:57 pm

paid_influencer wrote:
adnj wrote:
paid_influencer wrote:
Phone Surgeon wrote:Ummm....but vaccines never stopped you from getting covid

they did though. The Pfizer clinical trials had PCR-detected infection has an end-point. The vaccine had 95% efficacy against any infection by the ancestral strain. Many (most) of the Public Health decisions were made on the basis of that scientific evidence.

https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/nejmoa2034577

That's not the case any more though. The variants and waning effectiveness have been chopping away at it but the whole tree just fell down this week.

No. They didn't.

"95% efficacy against any infection"? That was from the Pfizer clinical trials where 5% of the trial participants became infected.

the 95% number comes from the primary end-point of the clinical trails. The link I posted there is the actual study published in a peer-reviewed medical journal.

back in early 2021 the vaccines really did make you immune to COVID19. Public policy hasn't caught up to the fact that this is no longer the case.

Israel is the one country that chooses to deal with things as they are and not play games. They were the first to use their financial and political pull to get vaccines for all their population. They were the first to give their population boosters. They were the first to declare two-dose-only recipients as not fully vaccinated. And now they are the first to close borders to South Africa, and now they've closed borders completely, again, because they understand the threat and aren't saying "who dead, dead."

China might be the only other country really gripping this thing by the horns, but it harder to get news from there.

No. They did not. Efficacy from the clinical trials was about 95% for mRNA vaccines and lower for every other type. YOU posted a randomized study that concluded that real world effectiveness was 95%.

YOU may choose to believe that there was a paradigm shift in perception but NOWHERE was there a published efficacy study that provided 100% for ANY vaccine. Did the public understand what was presented? Apparently not all of the public.

AND you are conflating waning immunity with some new breed of bullshhit. Efficacy studies gathered data for six months.

Pfizer even pointed out the likely need for an annual booster nearly 8 months ago.

Nothing has changed. The information is readily available and has been for some time. Some people just haven't caught up.

------

From your cited journal:

"CONCLUSIONS

A two-dose regimen of BNT162b2 conferred 95% protection against Covid-19 in persons 16 years of age or older. Safety over a median of 2 months was similar to that of other viral vaccines. (Funded by BioNTech and Pfizer; ClinicalTrials.gov number, NCT04368728. opens in new tab.)"

--------

Pfizer CEO says third Covid vaccine dose likely needed within 12 months

PUBLISHED THU, APR 15 2021

KEY POINTS

Pfizer CEO Albert Bourla said people will “likely” need a third dose of a Covid-19 vaccine within 12 months of getting fully vaccinated.

He also said it’s possible people will need to get vaccinated against the coronavirus annually.

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/04/15/pfizer- ... onths.html

---------

We analyzed data from our landmark Phase 3 clinical trial – comparing cases in participants who received the vaccine at the beginning of the study to those in participants who received a placebo but were later fully vaccinated. We looked specifically at cases that were reported after July 1, 2021 – a time when the Delta variant surged. We found that those who were vaccinated later in the trial – and originally received a placebo – experienced 26 percent higher efficacy as compared to those people in our study that were vaccinated early on as part of the original group. These findings indicate that time from vaccination is likely a significant factor in breakthrough cases, which supports the important role that booster shots can play in helping to maintain protection against COVID-19. Evidence generated by the ongoing surveillance data from our collaborations with Kaiser Permanente Southern California in the U.S. and the Ministry of Health in Israel also support these findings and reinforce the important role boosters can play in addressing the pandemic.

https://www.pfizer.com/news/hot-topics/ ... ert_bourla
Last edited by adnj on November 27th, 2021, 9:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dizzy28
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Dizzy28 » November 27th, 2021, 10:05 pm

Shipment of sinopharm come in today. Who really still want it though?

Chimera
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Chimera » November 27th, 2021, 10:09 pm

3rd doses for everyone

paid_influencer
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Postby paid_influencer » November 27th, 2021, 10:27 pm

Israel knew what was up since Nov 10. They were on the ball

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/ ... id-variant

paid_influencer

Postby paid_influencer » November 27th, 2021, 10:30 pm

adnj, it's looking like we might need a booster every four months. And you can quote me on that in a few months.

:drinking:

paid_influencer

Postby paid_influencer » November 27th, 2021, 10:40 pm

adnj, just asking, but you going for your booster when it is time? What about a possible fourth dose?

open question actually.

K74T
TunerGod

Postby K74T » November 27th, 2021, 10:47 pm

FB_IMG_1638067627785.jpg

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby MaxPower » November 27th, 2021, 11:06 pm

drchaos wrote:Protected by what? An N95 with stop viral spread and how many people are using those?

Why are you denying the Science?

Just because you have an N95, it’s useless if you wear it incorrectly.

Why are you denying the irresponsibility?

Everyone does NOT have to get infected, they have to follow the protocols.

These are simple virus prevention measures.

Dizzy28
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Dizzy28 » November 27th, 2021, 11:08 pm

My father in law lives opposite a step down facility. This week hearses came three times to pick up bodies.

Clearly unwell ppl being sent to step downs.

paid_influencer

Postby paid_influencer » November 27th, 2021, 11:38 pm

gonna do this because I can't sleep...

adnj wrote:No. They did not. Efficacy from the clinical trials was about 95% for mRNA vaccines and lower for every other type. YOU posted a randomized study that concluded that real world effectiveness was 95%.

nope. The NEJM link is to the actual publishing of results from the Phase 3 clinical trails. The word "efficacy" in the title should have told you that. Efficacy refers to data only from a clinical trial.

summary:
Efficacy - clinical trial data
Effectiveness - real world data

YOU may choose to believe that there was a paradigm shift in perception but NOWHERE was there a published efficacy study that provided 100% for ANY vaccine. Did the public understand what was presented? Apparently not all of the public.

My point is that the initial relaxation of public health measures in the US was based on the fantastic results of the clinical trials showing 95% efficacy against infection. That data is no longer current and the public health policies that arose from it, by extension, also need to be revised. The data and science is ahead of the public health guidelines in all but a few countries - Israel being the one of the few exceptions. We should follow Israel.

AND you are conflating waning immunity with some new breed of bullshhit. Efficacy studies gathered data for six months.

lmao, no efficacy studies did not gather data for six months. The Pfizer clinical trials followed patients until day 112 from the first dose. If you have a link in a published peer-reviewed medical journal showing a 6-month clinical trial for a COVID19 vaccine, hit me up.

Phizer even pointed out the likely need for annual booster nearly 8 months ago.

Annual boosters? We looking at 3 boosters every year bro. You ain't keeping up with the science. Look at Israel's data again. They were the first country to aggressively vaccinate and they are actually following up on it to see how it performs. Their data was used to approve the current booster program by the FDA in the US.

Nothing has changed. The information is readily available and has been for some time. Some people just haven't caught up.

lmao. Everything has changed. You are the one who hasn't caught up.

now I'm going to sleep. Good night.

Chimera
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Chimera » November 27th, 2021, 11:48 pm

Dizzy28 wrote:My father in law lives opposite a step down facility. This week hearses came three times to pick up bodies.

Clearly unwell ppl being sent to step downs.
There isn't space for everyone who needs an icu bed or to be in a covid ward.

Chimera
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Chimera » November 27th, 2021, 11:49 pm

People does deteriorate real quick too.
One minute you start to cough and start to feel drawn down
Half hour later you can't breath and you dead.

daring dragoon
18 pounds of Boost

Postby daring dragoon » November 28th, 2021, 2:45 am

Dizzy28 wrote:Shipment of sinopharm come in today. Who really still want it though?

Is it the new sinopharm or they giving us the old stock?

daring dragoon
18 pounds of Boost

Postby daring dragoon » November 28th, 2021, 2:52 am

timelapse wrote:
MaxPower wrote:
wtf wrote:What about through your moist eyes or while having sex at work?

Covid isn’t a sexually transmitted disease bro.

And getting infected through the eyes is unlikely.

A debatable topic of course, but in the mean time ok fine, wear a condom and a face shield.

I cannot understand how people are saying the health guidelines are not working if they do not follow them correctly and consistently.

But i tell you one thing, put me in a room with Covid and once i protect myself i will not be getting infected. It takes a very big effort to put things in place to avoid the virus. Many people are too lazy, simply do not care or are just unaware.
All of the above plus the biggest reason.People don't want to be told what to do.They hate following instructions from anybody, unless is "put yuh hand in de air"

People have no respect for others around them. You see it in the way they drive where they speeding, cutting in an out an no indicators when changing lanes as is them alone important. Its the same with covid. They see you there an still passing close by. Not wearing mask an talking. Saw a fool pull down his mask an sneeze in the open without covering mouth an people close by actually run. People no longer studying social distancing, feel them dont need to wash hands or sanitize. Sometimes is just good to hit them some good right hand.

hover11
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby hover11 » November 28th, 2021, 5:05 am

daring dragoon wrote:
timelapse wrote:
MaxPower wrote:
wtf wrote:What about through your moist eyes or while having sex at work?

Covid isn’t a sexually transmitted disease bro.

And getting infected through the eyes is unlikely.

A debatable topic of course, but in the mean time ok fine, wear a condom and a face shield.

I cannot understand how people are saying the health guidelines are not working if they do not follow them correctly and consistently.

But i tell you one thing, put me in a room with Covid and once i protect myself i will not be getting infected. It takes a very big effort to put things in place to avoid the virus. Many people are too lazy, simply do not care or are just unaware.
All of the above plus the biggest reason.People don't want to be told what to do.They hate following instructions from anybody, unless is "put yuh hand in de air"

People have no respect for others around them. You see it in the way they drive where they speeding, cutting in an out an no indicators when changing lanes as is them alone important. Its the same with covid. They see you there an still passing close by. Not wearing mask an talking. Saw a fool pull down his mask an sneeze in the open without covering mouth an people close by actually run. People no longer studying social distancing, feel them dont need to wash hands or sanitize. Sometimes is just good to hit them some good right hand.
Wait but I thought trinis take the vaccines cuz they care about others :S

hover11
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby hover11 » November 28th, 2021, 5:08 am

st7 wrote:them unvaxxed have no lives? it's saturday and living on tuner.

oh right, cant get into anywhere just so.

lockdown and SOE for the unvaxxed mi say -- only flicking up the place with they unvaxxed self
Hear how dunce you sound yet AGAIN.....where can the unvaccinated go period.....we go to work, grocery , pharmacy and other essentials. How a lockdown for the unvaxxed making a difference we will still have to go to work, or you don't want unvaccinated to work I rel cool with that half the public service, police service , health workers home with PAY say less

adnj
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby adnj » November 28th, 2021, 5:14 am

paid_influencer wrote:gonna do this because I can't sleep...

adnj wrote:No. They did not. Efficacy from the clinical trials was about 95% for mRNA vaccines and lower for every other type. YOU posted a randomized study that concluded that real world effectiveness was 95%.

nope. The NEJM link is to the actual publishing of results from the Phase 3 clinical trails. The word "efficacy" in the title should have told you that. Efficacy refers to data only from a clinical trial.

summary:
Efficacy - clinical trial data
Effectiveness - real world data

My point is that the initial relaxation of public health measures in the US was based on the fantastic results of the clinical trials showing 95% efficacy against infection. That data is no longer current and the public health policies that arose from it, by extension, also need to be revised. The data and science is ahead of the public health guidelines in all but a few countries - Israel being the one of the few exceptions. We should follow Israel.

lmao, no efficacy studies did not gather data for six months. The Pfizer clinical trials followed patients until day 112 from the first dose. If you have a link in a published peer-reviewed medical journal showing a 6-month clinical trial for a COVID19 vaccine, hit me up.

Phizer even pointed out the likely need for annual booster nearly 8 months ago.

Annual boosters? We looking at 3 boosters every year bro. You ain't keeping up with the science. Look at Israel's data again. They were the first country to aggressively vaccinate and they are actually following up on it to see how it performs. Their data was used to approve the current booster program by the FDA in the US.

lmao. Everything has changed. You are the one who hasn't caught up.

now I'm going to sleep. Good night.
You are arguing that the clinical trials OBSERVED EFFECTIVENESS was 95% during a clinical trial. That trial extrapolates a 95% efficacy.

There were 8 cases of Covid-19 with onset at least 7 days after the second dose among participants assigned to receive BNT162b2 and 162 cases among those assigned to placebo; BNT162b2 was 95% effective in preventing Covid-19 (95% credible interval, 90.3 to 97.6). Similar vaccine efficacy (generally 90 to 100%) was observed across subgroups defined by age, sex, race, ethnicity, baseline body-mass index, and the presence of coexisting conditions.

The trial that lasted 180 days, you point out only collected data for 112 days.

Israel is on the ball because they are partnered with freaking Pfizer to collect effectiveness data and receive Pfizer's recommendations.

Where is it possible to discover waning immunity for the entire trial population? Where is there 100% effectiveness? Keep grabassing but what you think you see is not there.

You just read some lshhit, made up some shitt, and want to argue about that shitt.
Last edited by adnj on November 28th, 2021, 5:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

hover11
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby hover11 » November 28th, 2021, 5:18 am

Vax life soon
FB_IMG_1638091064854.jpg

De Dragon
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby De Dragon » November 28th, 2021, 6:28 am

hover11 wrote:Vax life soonFB_IMG_1638091064854.jpg

Should be you watching people going into a sandwich shop because yuh unvaxxed and hadda stay home

Kenjo
punchin NOS

Postby Kenjo » November 28th, 2021, 6:35 am

Phone Surgeon wrote:People does deteriorate real quick too.
One minute you start to cough and start to feel drawn down
Half hour later you can't breath and you dead.

This is what people don’t understand unless they have never worked in these facilities or don’t have a trusted relative who works in these places. It’s a pretty tough concept to understand

hover11
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby hover11 » November 28th, 2021, 6:35 am

More funeral homes want permits to handle Covid deaths

“There is nothing to be done to a Covid-19 body itself. The funeral homes receive them in sealed bags and they just have to be cremated or buried,”

https://trinidadexpress.com/news/local/ ... ium=social

Makes you wonder why the big names taking so much when they doing less work :S

hover11
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby hover11 » November 28th, 2021, 7:02 am

T&T nationals in the affected countries are however being allowed to return home but must go into mandatory State quarantine for no less than 14 days at their own expense, whether vaccinated or not.

https://trinidadexpress.com/news/local/ ... ium=social

As it should have ALWAYS been , state quarantine regardless of vaccination status. Hope this remains let good sense prevail

shake d livin wake d dead
TunerGod

Postby shake d livin wake d dead » November 28th, 2021, 7:18 am

I can say for a fact that I personally knew 3 out of the 21 people that died Friday. Ages 31, 24 and 27 all fully vaxxed with Sinopharm. Take what ever you want from that.

As per the situation in Grande hospital: new ICU ward created outside under a tent as the one at the back filled. Our area up there on the map wrt to positive persons.

Concerning medical staff in general: they are being stretched thin (those lil protests you seeing here and there have A LOT of meaning to it). If you're a nurse in a covid ward(hats off to you). Deplorable is an understatement!

Dohplaydat
punchin NOS

Postby Dohplaydat » November 28th, 2021, 7:22 am

shake d livin wake d dead wrote:I can say for a fact that I personally knew 3 out of the 21 people that died Friday. Ages 31, 24 and 27 all fully vaxxed with Sinopharm. Take what ever you want from that.

As per the situation in Grande hospital: new ICU ward created outside under a tent as the one at the back filled. Our area up there on the map wrt to positive persons.

Concerning medical staff in general: they are being stretched thin (those lil protests you seeing here and there have A LOT of meaning to it). If you're a nurse in a covid ward(hats off to you). Deplorable is an understatement!

I've got a cousin at Grande Hospital and this is what I've been hearing too (she didn't mention those young persons who died, that is concerning). She said for most of this week the hospital can't accept normal patients as Covid is occupying 3/4 of the facilities and staff. Sucks big time, a doc there told her they are turning away patients (non Covid) daily who later die shortly after. It's a horrible situation and getting worse daily.

hover11
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby hover11 » November 28th, 2021, 7:24 am

Dohplaydat wrote:
shake d livin wake d dead wrote:I can say for a fact that I personally knew 3 out of the 21 people that died Friday. Ages 31, 24 and 27 all fully vaxxed with Sinopharm. Take what ever you want from that.

I've got a cousin at Grande Hospital and this is what I've been hearing too (she didn't mention those young persons who died, that is concerning). She said for most of this week the hospital can't accept normal patients as Covid is occupying 3/4 of the facilities and staff. Sucks big time, a doc there told her they are turning away patients (non Covid) daily who later die shortly after. It's a horrible situation and getting worse daily.
It will continue Government don't want to act so guess we just have to accept it

Kenjo
punchin NOS

Postby Kenjo » November 28th, 2021, 7:26 am

Was AZ not available to these young people ? They had comorbidities ?

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » November 28th, 2021, 7:33 am

ppl and medical staff gotta hold strain until after elections

put yourself in suit man shoes
if he do any measures
imagine how watson will run with that
negatively

hover11
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby hover11 » November 28th, 2021, 7:35 am

Who dead dead until the 6th both vaxxed and unvaxxed

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”