TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

Local Covid Anti-Vaxxers vs Studies Spammers

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

So who won the pandemic debate?

Poll ended at August 3rd, 2023, 3:48 pm

Antivaxxers - Ah still alive! babylon cyah kill me!
43%
Covidians - Small pin does chook hard but it save the world.
43%
Me eh care - Allyuh keep arguing nah man, ah wining on dis bumper right here.
14%

Total votes: 14

redmanjp
TriniTuner 24-7

Re: COVID-19 in Trinidad & Tobago

Postby redmanjp » May 17th, 2022, 10:55 pm

the study was pre omicron though. i wonder how the flu shot stands up to omicron. perhaps no prevention of infection but prevention of severe disease, similar to the covid vax.

as for masks, they are only good when u wear them smash. and some do- omicron is very contagious, we should be having thousands of cases, not just hundreds. the masks are playing a role there, but more so if everyone complied, not so much outdoors but indoors.

Ripe Chenette
Sweet on this forum

Postby Ripe Chenette » May 17th, 2022, 11:51 pm

redmanjp wrote:the study was pre omicron though. i wonder how the flu shot stands up to omicron. perhaps no prevention of infection but prevention of severe disease, similar to the covid vax.

as for masks, they are only good when u wear them smash. and some do- omicron is very contagious, we should be having thousands of cases, not just hundreds. the masks are playing a role there, but more so if everyone complied, not so much outdoors but indoors.
The reason we dont have thousands of cases a day is because most people get a lil cough for ah 2 days and mind they business. I dont think them cloth mask most people put on to avoid a charge doing a thing.

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby MaxPower » May 18th, 2022, 12:06 am

drchaos wrote:Maxpower all jokes aside and with respect to your point of view ... Just as Timelapse said ...

A huge section of the population are essential workers. You cannot lockdown everyone.
Food supplies ... Medicines/Healthcare ... Water and electricity shuts down.

Again maybe if you live in a dystopian future where A.I and automation runs all essential services and you live in a dictatorship.
Your plan works.

Fair enough for both you and timelapse.

So having said that, we cannot say that lockdowns don’t work if you cannot lock down everyone.

A solid lock down for 2 weeks could dent Covid.

RedVEVO
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby RedVEVO » May 18th, 2022, 3:23 am

MaxPower wrote:
drchaos wrote:Maxpower all jokes aside and with respect to your point of view ... Just as Timelapse said ...

A huge section of the population are essential workers. You cannot lockdown everyone.

Again maybe if you live in a dystopian future where A.I and automation runs all essential services and you live in a dictatorship.
Your plan works.

So having said that, we cannot say that lockdowns don’t work if you cannot lock down everyone.

x3001

Lockdowns dents Covid and works

But business need the workers .

The dystopian future of a society bereft of reason in T&T is working .

And a few years now the Timex watch stop working and only wankering :lol:

adnj
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby adnj » May 18th, 2022, 4:44 am

drchaos wrote:
MaxPower wrote:
drchaos wrote:Lockdowns don't stop the spread.
They press the pause button.

When you press the resume button .....
New Zealand is now experiencing massive surges.
Over 24K cases per day in March and deaths hitting as high as 35 per day.

dr,

Again, Lockdowns will stop the spread only if managed properly.

Answer me this, if you lockdown and separate two groups of people infected with covid until they have fully recovered and then have them together, how is infection and spread possible?

It spreads when people are not locked down properly and carefully and they mingle and contaminate.

So saying lockdowns don’t work only applies when you do it correctly first and THEN decide if it works or not. The same goes for mask wearing and sanitizing.

I will repeat, if i have covid, and i wash my hands properly, if i touch a surface or someones face, it is impossible for me to infect them.

If i am wearing a proper mask and it blocks all particles from exiting my mouth and nose, it is impossible for me to infect others or the area i am in.

Everyone has to be on the same page.

To this day, those who have followed the protocols and guidelines strictly as myself, have been thankfully able to avoid Covid.

Humans and humans alone have the ability to stop the stop the spread through responsible and considerate actions.

Dude ... By the time you have locked down the infected they have already spread the fuggin virus to multiple people.
You are very contagious anywhere from 2 to 4 days before you show symptoms depending on the variant.

This is why your "theory" does not work.

There are literally millions of case reports of people following protocols perfectly and still getting covid multiple times.

There is one word used to describe people like you ... Drone

All of what you say is just some made up shitt! Always just stupid shitt posts. LOL!

Lockdown, mask, social distance, whatever.
Drop R0 below 1.
Wait.
Virus goes away, ...

Until nasty, stupid, infected people go back to the beach lime and/or nasty, stupid parents send their nasty, infected, stupid children back to school.

LOL!
Last edited by adnj on May 18th, 2022, 4:44 am, edited 4 times in total.

RedVEVO
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby RedVEVO » May 18th, 2022, 4:53 am

adnj wrote:
drchaos wrote:
MaxPower wrote:

dr,

Answer me this, if you lockdown and separate two groups of people infected with covid until they have fully recovered and then have them together, how is infection and spread possible?

It spreads when people are not locked down properly and carefully and they mingle and contaminate.

So saying lockdowns don’t work only applies when you do it correctly first and THEN decide if it works or not. The same goes for mask wearing and sanitizing.

I will repeat, if i have covid, and i wash my hands properly, if i touch a surface or someones face, it is impossible for me to infect them.

If i am wearing a proper mask and it blocks all particles from exiting my mouth and nose, it is impossible for me to infect others or the area i am in.

To this day, those who have followed the protocols and guidelines strictly as myself, have been thankfully able to avoid Covid.

Humans and humans alone have the ability to stop the stop the spread through responsible and considerate actions.

Dude ... By the time you have locked down the infected they have already spread the fuggin virus to multiple people.
You are very contagious anywhere from 2 to 4 days before you show symptoms depending on the variant.

There are literally millions of case reports of people following protocols perfectly and still getting covid multiple times.

All of what you say is just some made up shitt! Always just stupid shitt posts. LOL!

Drop R0 below 1.
Wait.
Virus goes away.

... Until nasty parents send their nasty, infected, stupid children to school.

LOL!

So who nasty now ?

Parents ? Children stupid ?

Which parents ?

alfa
Shifting into 6th

Postby alfa » May 18th, 2022, 6:04 am

RedVEVO wrote:
adnj wrote:
drchaos wrote:
MaxPower wrote:

dr,

Drop R0 below 1.
Wait.
Virus goes away.

LOL!

So who nasty now ?

Which parents ?

Remember the old days when someone has COVID and the ambulance will take you to wherever accompanied by the army in hazmat suits and the whole village would shun you? Whatever changed with the virus for all this nonsense to thankfully have ceased? Especially seeing that people here quoting stats that we have a very low vaccination rate worldwide. Set a mass hysteria in the earlies yes. Now if someone has COVID is like take a few days home until you feel better and get all your work done before you leave eh.

timelapse
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby timelapse » May 18th, 2022, 7:40 am

RedVEVO wrote:
MaxPower wrote:

Your plan works.

x3001

Lockdowns dents Covid and works

But business need the workers .

The dystopian future of a society bereft of reason in T&T is working .

And a few years now the Timex watch stop working and only wankering
You want to play baseball? I'll let you be the ball

Mmoney607
30 pounds of Boost

Postby Mmoney607 » May 18th, 2022, 8:15 am

alfa wrote:
RedVEVO wrote:
adnj wrote:
drchaos wrote:
MaxPower wrote:

dr,

Drop R0 below 1.
Wait.
Virus goes away.

LOL!

So who nasty now ?

Which parents ?

Remember the old days when someone has COVID and the ambulance will take you to wherever accompanied by the army in hazmat suits and the whole village would shun you? Whatever changed with the virus for all this nonsense to thankfully have ceased? Especially seeing that people here quoting stats that we have a very low vaccination rate worldwide. Set a mass hysteria in the earlies yes. Now if someone has COVID is like take a few days home until you feel better and get all your work done before you leave eh.

And the people who were in charge of that level of f'ry get award and kinda thing eh

drchaos
punchin NOS

Postby drchaos » May 18th, 2022, 8:39 am

adnj wrote:
drchaos wrote:
MaxPower wrote:

dr,

Drop R0 below 1.
Wait.
Virus goes away, ...

Until nasty, stupid, infected people go back to the beach lime and/or nasty, stupid parents send their nasty, infected, stupid children back to school.

LOL!

Its sad you couldnt insult me without having to edit your post 4 times!

I mean how hard is it to lie and say people making up sheit when that is exactly what you does do ...
you are losing your grip. Covid done and your relevance of your narrative is unwinding
All the lies you told about vaccines ending the pandemic and stopping the spread ....

RedVEVO
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby RedVEVO » May 18th, 2022, 3:39 pm

drchaos wrote:
adnj wrote:
drchaos wrote:
MaxPower wrote:

dr,

Drop R0 below 1.
Wait.
Virus goes away, ...

LOL!

Its sad you couldnt insult me without having to edit your post 4 times!

I mean how hard is it to lie and say people making up sheit when that is exactly what you does do ...
you are losing your grip. Covid done and your relevance of your narrative is unwinding
All the lies you told about vaccines ending the pandemic and stopping the spread ....

x3000

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » May 19th, 2022, 10:42 am

well, u saw it at the covee 'SAFE ZONES'. where the ONLY people to be there was the vaccinated.

De Dragon
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby De Dragon » May 21st, 2022, 1:46 pm

redmanjp wrote:
sMASH wrote:
adnj wrote:
paid_influencer wrote:sMASH positions are always controversial at the time they are posted.... but you know what... everything sMASH has advocated has become policy whether people will admit it or not. Everything from herd immunity to vaccine mandates, all eventually converged to accept sMASH's position (and he has never done the sort of gymnastics in position that some of the more copy/pasty posters have).

I, too, am starting to come around to his position being ultimately the most common-sense one and the "scientific consensus positions" being completely malleable to the whims of the owners of capital.

Herd immunity works when the herd takes the vaccine. Trinis didn't and now rank twenty-fifth in the rate of recorded COVID deaths. Israel is 85th and New Zealand is 158th (but those numbers are inflated/deflated/not real according to you).
Pandemic vaccine mandates are not new (but no one takes school vaccines/needs to vaccinate to travel/eliminate the threat to fellow workers/vaccines don't work anyway according to you).

After three years, the pandemic will be over and you will rewrite your version of makes sense. And you'll still get it wrong.
U dont need Vax to get immunity.

but u need it to get immunity without the risk of death by covid. 3800+ souls eh. and many thousands more with bad health outcomes e.g. being hospitalized, most of whom will not recover for at least a year.

Nah, once you eh dead, NOTHING has ever happened to anyone else who got Covid. :roll:

De Dragon
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby De Dragon » May 21st, 2022, 1:48 pm

sMASH wrote:
adnj wrote:
redmanjp wrote:
sMASH wrote:
adnj wrote:
paid_influencer wrote:sMASH positions are always controversial at the time they are posted.... but you know what... everything sMASH has advocated has become policy whether people will admit it or not. Everything from herd immunity to vaccine mandates, all eventually converged to accept sMASH's position (and he has never done the sort of gymnastics in position that some of the more copy/pasty posters have).

I, too, am starting to come around to his position being ultimately the most common-sense one and the "scientific consensus positions" being completely malleable to the whims of the owners of capital.

Herd immunity works when the herd takes the vaccine. Trinis didn't and now rank twenty-fifth in the rate of recorded COVID deaths. Israel is 85th and New Zealand is 158th (but those numbers are inflated/deflated/not real according to you).
Pandemic vaccine mandates are not new (but no one takes school vaccines/needs to vaccinate to travel/eliminate the threat to fellow workers/vaccines don't work anyway according to you).

After three years, the pandemic will be over and you will rewrite your version of makes sense. And you'll still get it wrong.
U dont need Vax to get immunity.

but u need it to get immunity without the risk of death by covid. 3800+ souls eh. and many thousands more with bad health outcomes e.g. being hospitalized, most of whom will not recover for at least a year.
You dont get immunity from vaccines. You get immunity from being inoculated with a vaccine (but vaccines don't work/COVID is the vaccine/everyone vaccinated will be killed in 87 years).

You don't get immunity from being infected. You get immunity by surviving the infection (but there's 98% survival rate/omicron is the flu/only four old people died today from COVID).

Free-thinkers: beating their heads into a wall until blood squirts out to prove that it doesn't hurt.

unvaxed and alive... i know that must suck to know....

but at least u posted that u can get immunity from the infection, and its NOT ONLY BY VACCINES.
cause if u needed the vax to get immunity the columbus and the native americans story might go a lil differently .

Yeah and look how swimmingly it turned out for them :roll:
Difficult for difficulty's sake.

computercentral
Trinituner Peong

Postby computercentral » May 21st, 2022, 10:07 pm

IMG_3679.JPG

adnj
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby adnj » May 22nd, 2022, 9:58 pm

drchaos wrote:
adnj wrote:
drchaos wrote:
sMASH wrote:
j.o.e wrote:
sMASH wrote:Well, it's not the schools that causing covid numbers now.
U get it from ur govt, who is advised from the doctors and their scientists2Q%3D%3D(30).jpg

His actual explanation of number of tests and positives in schools is logical tho.
In a nutshell testing in schools increased 3 times week on week and the positives were about the same.

lies, damn lies, and statistics... if they only check well children...

but, we should really do that seroprevalence study

With the introduction of ridiculously cheap antigen testing that is not reported, any sort of stats the Gov giving you with case numbers is a gross misrepresentation of whats actually going on.
The two human activities with the highest impact on disease spread for COVID have been small gatherings and attending school.

There may not be testing evidence for infection spread but COVID cases were expected to increase as soon as nasty, stupid, infected people went back to the beach lime and/or nasty, stupid parents sent their nasty, stupid, infected children back to school.

The only morons claiming the Beach is responsible for spikes in covid cases is the bald Bobble head in Parliament and this clown.
Small gatherings of nasty, infected people and school classroom attendance of nasty, infected, stupid children are the top two causes of COVID infection spread.

Nasty, infected people like to congregate at the rivers and the beaches.

adnj
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby adnj » May 22nd, 2022, 10:01 pm

If you are unvaccinated and get infected with omicron you are not protected against future variants.

"What we found is that omicron is so specialized that it actually only prepares us against itself," said Dr. Melanie Ott, Senior Investigator and director of the Gladstone Institutes of Virology and Immunology.

Prior to this study, scientists believed that earlier strains of the virus would create enough natural immunity for weeks and even months if you were unvaccinated. That's not entirely the case with omicron.

https://abc7news.com/amp/omicron-varian ... /11875737/

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby MaxPower » May 22nd, 2022, 10:09 pm

adnj wrote:Small gatherings of nasty, infected people and school classroom attendance of nasty, infected, stupid children are the top two causes of COVID infection spread.

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » May 22nd, 2022, 10:12 pm

adnj wrote:
drchaos wrote:
adnj wrote:
drchaos wrote:
sMASH wrote:
j.o.e wrote:
U get it from ur govt, who is advised from the doctors and their scientists2Q%3D%3D(30).jpg

His actual explanation of number of tests and positives in schools is logical tho.
In a nutshell testing in schools increased 3 times week on week and the positives were about the same.

With the introduction of ridiculously cheap antigen testing that is not reported, any sort of stats the Gov giving you with case numbers is a gross misrepresentation of whats actually going on.
The two human activities with the highest impact on disease spread for COVID have been small gatherings and attending school.

There may not be testing evidence for infection spread but COVID cases were expected to increase as soon as nasty, stupid, infected people went back to the beach lime and/or nasty, stupid parents sent their nasty, stupid, infected children back to school.

The only morons claiming the Beach is responsible for spikes in covid cases is the bald Bobble head in Parliament and this clown.
Small gatherings of nasty, infected people and school classroom attendance of nasty, infected, stupid children are the top two causes of COVID infection spread.

vaxed people can be infected too.

adnj
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby adnj » May 22nd, 2022, 11:18 pm

Unvaxxed = increased nastiness.

adnj
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby adnj » May 22nd, 2022, 11:23 pm

drchaos wrote:
adnj wrote:
drchaos wrote:
sMASH wrote:
j.o.e wrote:

Don't leave out JAMA. 'Cause they agree with me, too.

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » May 23rd, 2022, 8:33 am

adnj wrote:Unvaxxed = increased nastiness.

and u saw it at the 'safe zones' on ariapita ave...

De Dragon
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby De Dragon » May 23rd, 2022, 11:32 am

drchaos wrote:
Mmoney607 wrote:
De Dragon wrote:A setta "free thinkers" and fake medical practitioners want to rile up about what people doing in their own countries :lol: :lol:

What people do in their own countries will be decided by WHO

Yup people that you didn't elect at the WHO and Davos will now decide your infectious disease policy.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

redmanjp
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby redmanjp » May 23rd, 2022, 4:25 pm

adnj wrote:Image

If you are unvaccinated and get infected with omicron you are not protected against future variants.

"What we found is that omicron is so specialized that it actually only prepares us against itself," said Dr. Melanie Ott, Senior Investigator and director of the Gladstone Institutes of Virology and Immunology.

Prior to this study, scientists believed that earlier strains of the virus would create enough natural immunity for weeks and even months if you were unvaccinated. That's not entirely the case with omicron.

that's protection from infection, but u probably get protection from severe outcomes

adnj
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby adnj » May 23rd, 2022, 5:50 pm

redmanjp wrote:

that's protection from infection, but u probably get protection from severe outcomes
How do you infer that?

redmanjp
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby redmanjp » May 23rd, 2022, 6:22 pm

adnj wrote:
redmanjp wrote:

How do you infer that?

just like the vaccines. they no longer prevent infection against omicron due to all the mutations, but they prevent severe disease. it has to do with T cells. antibody levels wane quickly but T cell immunity lasts longer.

drchaos
punchin NOS

Postby drchaos » May 23rd, 2022, 7:25 pm

redmanjp wrote:

You good yes ... I wasn't gonna bother to respond to adnj latest Horse sheit ... but here goes.

Infection with a virus will give you immunity to that virus in addition to future variants that share proteins and antigens with the variant you were infected with.

Anyone who claims otherwise is lying to forward their agenda and is bull sheiting you.

maj. tom
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby maj. tom » May 23rd, 2022, 7:43 pm

But the real doctor and director of the Gladstone Institutes of Virology and Immunology said that Omicron was so specialized that it only prepares the immune system against itself.

And Scientific American explains why: "In previous variants, one, two or maybe three amino acids on RBDs were mutated, altering each RBD just enough to prevent some but not all antibodies from recognizing it. But Omicron harbored 15 RBD mutations, many on prime antibody-binding sites, forming an elaborate disguise to avoid many more antibodies."

Then the fake arrogant trinituner doctor steups and say all those real doctors and experts and researchers stupid, only he alone smart and he closed the book. The end.

drchaos
punchin NOS

Postby drchaos » May 23rd, 2022, 10:46 pm

maj. tom wrote:But the real doctor and director of the Gladstone Institutes of Virology and Immunology said that Omicron was so specialized that it only prepares the immune system against itself.

And Scientific American explains why: "In previous variants, one, two or maybe three amino acids on RBDs were mutated, altering each RBD just enough to prevent some but not all antibodies from recognizing it. But Omicron harbored 15 RBD mutations, many on prime antibody-binding sites, forming an elaborate disguise to avoid many more antibodies."

Then the fake arrogant trinituner doctor steups and say all those real doctors and experts and researchers stupid, only he alone smart and he closed the book. The end.

Yup I am totally wrong and you should keep getting boosters every few weeks to protect yourself from covid I heard Omicron is soooo deadly that you can die from getting it.
Don't ever stop ... Just keep boosting
I heard its like Subways loyalty program ... The only difference is instead of a free sandwich after using their product 12 times you get cancer instead. :lol:
Then you get to use more of Pfizers great products from their Chemotherapy line.

ed360123
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby ed360123 » May 23rd, 2022, 10:57 pm

drchaos wrote:
maj. tom wrote:But the real doctor and director of the Gladstone Institutes of Virology and Immunology said that Omicron was so specialized that it only prepares the immune system against itself.

Yup I am totally wrong and you should keep getting boosters every few weeks to protect yourself from covid I heard Omicron is soooo deadly that you can die from getting it.
Don't ever stop ... Just keep boosting
I heard its like Subways loyalty program ... The only difference is instead of a free sandwich after using their product 12 times you get cancer instead.
Then you get to use more of Pfizers great products from their Chemotherapy line.

Please tell me you don't actually think you get cancer from COVID vaccine boosters. You can't be serious.

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”