TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

COVID-19 in Trinidad & Tobago (Local Updates & Discussions Only)

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

adnj
TriniTuner 24-7

Re: COVID-19 in Trinidad & Tobago

Postby adnj » June 29th, 2022, 1:11 pm

hover11 wrote:
Dizzy28 wrote:
j.o.e wrote:
hover11 wrote:So why is it that companies are still asking workers to produce a vaccinated card to be able to work ????

Because it’s their company and they can do what they want. What’s the problem ?

This is not entirely true. Its the reason private businesses are always in the Industrial Court and making payouts.
There we go, how quickly we forget there are laws that govern employers and the way they act. Anyway all restrictions will soon come to an end. Covid done, time to move on....
Not if you're a foreign national traveling internationally. Those will likely be around for a long time.

No vaccination to return but you must be vaccinated to leave.

st7
punchin NOS

Postby st7 » June 29th, 2022, 1:38 pm

nobody show up for work at UTT today lol... have to go back tmr and see if they gonna waste my time again -_-

redmanjp
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby redmanjp » June 29th, 2022, 1:43 pm

the vaccine mandate should be based on the latest science regarding reduction in infection and spread which has changed a lot with Omicron- only booster shots are having that effect now and only for 3 to 4 months. double vaxxed ppl are getting infected almost at the same rate- ppl who are more than 4 months from there last booster as well- so unless u have to take not only the 2 primary doses but a booster shot every 4 months it becomes useless.

the newer updated Omicron specific shots might work better but that not coming to T&T anytime soon.

adnj
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby adnj » June 29th, 2022, 2:25 pm

redmanjp wrote:the vaccine mandate should be based on the latest science regarding reduction in infection and spread which has changed a lot with Omicron- only booster shots are having that effect now and only for 3 to 4 months. double vaxxed ppl are getting infected almost at the same rate- ppl who are more than 4 months from there last booster as well- so unless u have to take not only the 2 primary doses but a booster shot every 4 months it becomes useless.

the newer updated Omicron specific shots might work better but that not coming to T&T anytime soon.

What about the effects of vaccination on hospitalization and death?

redmanjp
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby redmanjp » June 29th, 2022, 2:33 pm

adnj wrote:
redmanjp wrote:the vaccine mandate should be based on the latest science regarding reduction in infection and spread which has changed a lot with Omicron- only booster shots are having that effect now and only for 3 to 4 months. double vaxxed ppl are getting infected almost at the same rate- ppl who are more than 4 months from there last booster as well- so unless u have to take not only the 2 primary doses but a booster shot every 4 months it becomes useless.

What about the effects of vaccination on hospitalization and death?

still strong, but we are speaking about a vaccine mandate which is intended to reduce infection & spread, not deal with that.

j.o.e
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Postby j.o.e » June 29th, 2022, 2:39 pm

hover11 wrote:
Dizzy28 wrote:
j.o.e wrote:
hover11 wrote:So why is it that companies are still asking workers to produce a vaccinated card to be able to work ????

This is not entirely true. Its the reason private businesses are always in the Industrial Court and making payouts.
There we go, how quickly we forget there are laws that govern employers and the way they act. Anyway all restrictions will soon come to an end. Covid done, time to move on....

If it’s a requirement to be employed by me I’m gonna make that clear from the hiring point. Problem solved.
I have no issue with it being q requirement for new employment. This is what I’m speaking about

redmanjp
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby redmanjp » June 29th, 2022, 2:47 pm

the problem is if its done for existing employees it may go against terms & conditions. better to doing regular testing instead- we have at home test cheap like $40-$50. do the test and bring it to work as proof.

hover11
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby hover11 » June 29th, 2022, 3:25 pm

j.o.e wrote:
hover11 wrote:
Dizzy28 wrote:
j.o.e wrote:

If it’s a requirement to be employed by me I’m gonna make that clear from the hiring point. Problem solved.
I have no issue with it being q requirement for new employment. This is what I’m speaking about
That's your right , however, clear indication that the world moving forward. Alot of ppl supposed to take boosters how many actually did? That vaccine has run it's course many not opting to take more so there's that I guess.

redmanjp
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby redmanjp » June 29th, 2022, 4:09 pm

paid_influencer

Postby paid_influencer » June 29th, 2022, 5:28 pm

the US cut way back on covid spending (including deep cuts to covid vaccination purchases).

because the US has stopped stockpiling, everyone that gets the table scraps from the US stockpile (including Trinidad), now gets salt.

manufacturers don't want to invest in new versions if the purchasers aren't purchasing.

this gonna look like the flu vaccine. some seasons they will be correct and it works really well, but most seasons gonna be a hit/miss. you should also expect to pay for it out of your own funds

redmanjp
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby redmanjp » June 29th, 2022, 5:33 pm

so we can't get any FOR FREE. but what about purchasing it? 18 months in since pfizer started going into arms in US and we don't have any doses paid for?
Last edited by redmanjp on June 29th, 2022, 5:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

paid_influencer

Postby paid_influencer » June 29th, 2022, 5:41 pm

i feel them ent interested in selling we

sinopharm available tho. we might get next-gen Sinopharm before any new pfizer

redmanjp
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby redmanjp » June 29th, 2022, 5:46 pm

they should have just estimated usage based on the previous 3 months or so and just order a small amount which would be able to be used up- instead of taking a large amt where most of it going to waste and cause america not to send anymore to us.

j.o.e

Postby j.o.e » June 29th, 2022, 6:09 pm

redmanjp wrote:they should have just estimated usage based on the previous 3 months or so and just order a small amount which would be able to be used up- instead of taking a large amt where most of it going to waste and cause america not to send anymore to us.

No one could’ve estimated the local apprehension to vaccination and love of death.
4000 deaths could’ve been greatly reduced.
Vaccines are disposed of all the time it’s not new. The regular vaccines that we have for other ailments expire. In a public emergency it’s better to have extra than have to ration. Trinis harden

paid_influencer

Postby paid_influencer » June 29th, 2022, 6:30 pm

most of the vaccines we got were already expired or extremely close to expiry. All the children vaccines were expired from day 1, but allowed under WHO's extended dates.

The AZ I got for dose #1 came from a Canada donation, and likely was made in the Emergent plant that failed FDA inspections for J&J.

lewwe not mix words, no doses were wasted here. we took way more than our share of doses that would otherwise have ended up in the garbage.

adnj
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby adnj » June 29th, 2022, 6:46 pm

paid_influencer wrote:most of the vaccines we got were already expired or extremely close to expiry. All the children vaccines were expired from day 1, but allowed under WHO's extended dates.

The AZ I got for dose #1 came from a Canada donation, and likely was made in the Emergent plant that failed FDA inspections for J&J.

lewwe not mix words, no doses were wasted here. we took way more than our share of doses that would otherwise have ended up in the garbage.
If the expiry was extended, then the medication was not past expiry. Close to expiry? Perhaps so. But you're just talking stupidshit now.

paid_influencer

Postby paid_influencer » June 29th, 2022, 6:50 pm

out of curiosity, I pulled your post from the ignore.

yup, you still deserve that ignore adnj. maybe one day you'll post better

daring dragoon
18 pounds of Boost

Postby daring dragoon » June 30th, 2022, 3:11 am

paid_influencer wrote:i feel them ent interested in selling we

the true covid numbers coming out these days. the whole thing was a setup by the govt to get US dollars based on the number of covid cases. if you bonks your toe and dead it was classed as covid death. they musbe even deny people they diabetic and blood pressure meds so that they go dead to count them as covid deaths. the more cases the more money biden go send including a hospital in the stadium that was never used. whey all the money gone? is that why the PM was detained for questioning by the US?

adnj
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby adnj » June 30th, 2022, 6:56 am

daring dragoon wrote:

the true covid numbers coming out these days. the whole thing was a setup by the govt to get US dollars based on the number of covid cases. if you bonks your toe and dead it was classed as covid death. they musbe even deny people they diabetic and blood pressure meds so that they go dead to count them as covid deaths. the more cases the more money biden go send including a hospital in the stadium that was never used. whey all the money gone? is that why the PM was detained for questioning by the US?

A long ramble with zero evidence that should have started with: "In my dumbass opinion, ..."

st7
punchin NOS

Postby st7 » June 30th, 2022, 12:42 pm

got thru today at UTT Monroe Road.

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » June 30th, 2022, 4:23 pm

adnj wrote:
daring dragoon wrote:

A long ramble with zero evidence that should have started with: "In my dumbass opinion, ..."
Once it swab +Ive cfir covee, is a covee death..

Plandemic.

redmanjp
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby redmanjp » June 30th, 2022, 5:10 pm

daring dragoon wrote:

what true numbers? most ppl now not testing with PCR- my dad took 2 tests - 1 home test and then an antigen test at his doctor. neither is reported to MOH. only the PCR results are- the official numbers are a fraction of the actual numbers.

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » July 1st, 2022, 11:09 pm

Today I was out and about with the mask on as least as possible.
No covee so far.

Country_Bookie
punchin NOS

Postby Country_Bookie » July 2nd, 2022, 12:30 am

Cognitive decline widespread

Around one quarter of the ADAPT study's participants were experiencing noticeable cognitive decline a year after getting COVID.

And, some sort of cognitive decline was recorded in almost all of the participants, regardless of the severity of the initial infection.

"When we look over time, across the 12 months of the study, we see that even the people who have performance within a normal expectation do also have a mild cognitive decline," says neuropsychologist and associate professor Lucette Cysique.

[https://live-production]

Dr Lucette Cysique has been researching how COVID affects the brain.(Supplied)

Dr Cysique is the lead author of a yet to be published research paper based on data from the ADAPT study — a collaboration between St Vincent's Hospital, the Kirby Institute and the University of NSW.

She says the unpublished research suggests the cognitive impact of COVID may be more widespread and longer-lived than previously thought.

And their research is shedding light on how exactly this occurs.

"The immune system reacts first with the virus … tries to basically get rid of the virus," she says.

"Then it goes a little bit into overdrive and this overdrive does not fully calm down."

Dr Cysique points to a chart on a computer screen in which a metabolic marker known as the kynurenine pathway is tracked among the ADAPT study participants.

It shows that the pathway has been agitated by the coronavirus in a similar way to how inflammation is caused by viruses such as HIV.

"I think we're seeing something a bit akin here, where this low level of inflammation is more and more understood as being able to traffic to the brain, or even being within the brain and affecting those regions of the brain where we process information that demand speed, extra attention and extra cognitive demands."

Dr Cysique emphasises that the cognitive decline recorded among most participants in the study is mild and they may not even notice it.

"The truth is that unless people [are] put in a very cognitively demanding situation, it's not that apparent."

The study is relatively small and only includes unvaccinated people infected with the early Alpha strain of COVID-19. Most had mild to moderate infections and only 9 per cent were hospitalised with the disease. No participant was entirely asymptomatic.

However, the research may help us to understand the so-called "brain fog" that many with long COVID complain of.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2022-06-25/ ... /101178450

De Dragon
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby De Dragon » July 2nd, 2022, 5:24 am

^^^ No wonder JUHN Scarfy seem more dotish

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » July 2nd, 2022, 8:39 am

well, mask mandate getting looked into into removal. hopefully those who think its the best line of defense against covee, will KEEP wearing them, cause science. and not bend to political pressure to NOT wear them.

if masks work, covee is STILL a thing, so keep protecting ur self.. in ur own car, that ur own family use.

Duane 3NE 2NR
Admin

Postby Duane 3NE 2NR » July 2nd, 2022, 11:54 am

sMASH wrote:well, mask mandate getting looked into into removal. hopefully those who think its the best line of defense against covee, will KEEP wearing them, cause science. and not bend to political pressure to NOT wear them.

if masks work, covee is STILL a thing, so keep protecting ur self.. in ur own car, that ur own family use.

Masks work when used properly
That's why doctors and surgeons use masks

If you won't wear a mask for political reasons you were wearing it for the wrong reason

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » July 2nd, 2022, 11:59 am

Duane 3NE 2NR wrote:
sMASH wrote:well, mask mandate getting looked into into removal. hopefully those who think its the best line of defense against covee, will KEEP wearing them, cause science. and not bend to political pressure to NOT wear them.

Masks work when used properly
That's why doctors and surgeons use masks

If you won't wear a mask for political reasons you were wearing it for the wrong reason

thats for droplet splashes, not airborne particles of viruses.
im sure the case rate after the 10k + fetes would show bumps, to attest to the performance of the cloth masks.

me dont have 1000 dollar to pay every time to the govt. as soon as it officially disbanded, its off.

hopefully, all those that still say cloth masks was working recognize that covee isnt done and still chose to protect themselves.

hover11
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby hover11 » July 2nd, 2022, 12:13 pm

Can't wait for this mask mandate to be dropped. If you want to wear a mask fine no problem that's your right and choice however don't confine everyone to such

Duane 3NE 2NR
Admin

Postby Duane 3NE 2NR » July 2nd, 2022, 12:16 pm

^ no bumps show because people are either testing at home or not bothering to test at all since most symptoms with BA.2 are mild and flu-like
If you test at home or don't test at all the Ministry can't report it

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”