TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

COVID-19 in Trinidad & Tobago (Local Updates & Discussions Only)

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

matr1x
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Re: Coronavirus - COVID-19 - 94213 (+579) cases, 2973 (+22) deaths, 15436 active, 75804 recovered in T&T

Postby matr1x » January 27th, 2022, 6:31 pm

Remember how everyone was bad talking boris? man is a political genuis

Chimera
TriniTuner 24-7

Re: Coronavirus - COVID-19 - 94213 (+579) cases, 2973 (+22) deaths, 15436 active, 75804 recovered in T&T

Postby Chimera » January 27th, 2022, 6:33 pm

If you get covid ...and it firetruck up your organs...
And after two weeks or three weeks the covid gone ....ent your organs still screwed?

And if you die from said organ damage 2 or 3 or 4 weeks later.....and your body test negative for covid...

You died from the effects of covid yes
But your cause of death is heart failure or heart attack or organ failure or whatever.

timelapse
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby timelapse » January 27th, 2022, 6:35 pm

Do a quick google search for the benefits of alpha pinene

redmanjp
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby redmanjp » January 27th, 2022, 6:47 pm

Phone Surgeon wrote:If you get covid ...and it firetruck up your organs...
And after two weeks or three weeks the covid gone ....ent your organs still screwed?

And if you die from said organ damage 2 or 3 or 4 weeks later.....and your body test negative for covid...

You died from the effects of covid yes
But your cause of death is heart failure or heart attack or organ failure or whatever.

i think they classify any death within 28 days of a +ve test to be covid. i guess if u die on the 30th day then it wont count

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby MaxPower » January 27th, 2022, 6:48 pm

Just imagine the complications people are going to get in their old age when they need their organs the most.

Organ damage is a hell of a thing.

So when ppl feel this pandemic is the time for death….think again.

widdyphuck
18 pounds of Boost

Postby widdyphuck » January 27th, 2022, 6:49 pm

MaxPower wrote:Just imagine the complications people are going to get in their old age when they need their organs the most.

Who the hell wanna get old and have other people feeding and bathing them..

gastly369
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby gastly369 » January 27th, 2022, 6:51 pm

MaxPower wrote:Just imagine the complications people are going to get in their old age when they need their organs the most.

Their body their choice sir...

drchaos
punchin NOS

Postby drchaos » January 27th, 2022, 10:29 pm

matr1x wrote:One of my neighbors died from covid 19...and the death certificate makes no mention of it. Explain that

Know quite a number people who did this in the last month.
Covid funeral arrangements are difficult.

Easy to just lie and tell the police/DMO/funeral home that it was a stroke or a heart attack
Sometimes you just pass a small bribe to the funeral home if you call them first and they arrange everything.

So you dont have to deal with the drama of the covid funeral protocols.

carluva
Shifting into 6th

Postby carluva » January 27th, 2022, 10:42 pm

Colleagues.

We all need to think about what to do when (not if) we test positive for COVID.

Put some thought into how you'll setup a quarantine and isolation space at your place of residence. Some may be fortunate to have a master bedroom with dedicated en suite that can serve the purpose. Others not so. Make sure you have a quarantine plan.

Think about how to keep the infected away from those who are not. Give special consideration to kids and elderly. I have seen how challenging it is with my youngest to keep the mask on. A huge challenge is physical contact. Discourage types of physical contact amongst individuals until the place is safe. This is hard as I miss the contact and affection from the kids.

Put some thought into ventilation through your place. Windows, doors etc, Air purifier, fan.

Plan your supplies, N95 or KN95 masks, gloves, medicine and keep a reserve stock. Laundry detergent may be overlooked as you'll be wanting to do laundry daily.

Create a support network. Once your in isolation and following the rules and staying put you'll need people to help you with supplies, produce, food even.

Wash wares regularly and do not leave them to pile up.

Make sure your pump, tanks, hot water on order. Water consumption will increase during a quarantine.

If others at home are working from home or schooling from home ensure that space is completely safe. If possible have the workspace in a well ventilated room away from the infected person.

Avoid AC at all costs. These nights are cool so that's a plus.

Of equal importance, COVID is not leprosy... I am truly amazed at the level of ostracism and contempt a COVID person faces. Wifey coworkers treat a person who has contracted COVID as if they have bubonic plague. It's not necessary and even better, you can share your experiences to help others survive.

Cheers!!!

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » January 27th, 2022, 10:48 pm

the big headache is for folks who work in small biz which may or many not have to shut doors

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby MaxPower » January 27th, 2022, 10:55 pm

carluva wrote:Colleagues.

We all need to think about what to do when (not if) we test positive for COVID.

Put some thought into how you'll setup a quarantine and isolation space at your place of residence. Some may be fortunate to have a master bedroom with dedicated en suite that can serve the purpose. Others not so. Make sure you have a quarantine plan.

Think about how to keep the infected away from those who are not. Give special consideration to kids and elderly. I have seen how challenging it is with my youngest to keep the mask on. A huge challenge is physical contact. Discourage types of physical contact amongst individuals until the place is safe. This is hard as I miss the contact and affection from the kids.

Put some thought into ventilation through your place. Windows, doors etc, Air purifier, fan.

Plan your supplies, N95 or KN95 masks, gloves, medicine and keep a reserve stock. Laundry detergent may be overlooked as you'll be wanting to do laundry daily.

Create a support network. Once your in isolation and following the rules and staying put you'll need people to help you with supplies, produce, food even.

Wash wares regularly and do not leave them to pile up.

Make sure your pump, tanks, hot water on order. Water consumption will increase during a quarantine.

If others at home are working from home or schooling from home ensure that space is completely safe. If possible have the workspace in a well ventilated room away from the infected person.

Avoid AC at all costs. These nights are cool so that's a plus.

Of equal importance, COVID is not leprosy... I am truly amazed at the level of ostracism and contempt a COVID person faces. Wifey coworkers treat a person who has contracted COVID as if they have bubonic plague. It's not necessary and even better, you can share your experiences to help others survive.

Cheers!!!

Good advice here carluva.

Tuners take note.

A human action is the cure for Covid, and it starts with being responsible.

matr1x

Postby matr1x » January 28th, 2022, 12:26 am

Yup. Get organized and help those in the community affected. And kick out any stray venes. They are plague rats.

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby MaxPower » January 28th, 2022, 12:51 am

matr1x wrote:Yup. Get organized and help those in the community affected. And kick out any stray venes. They are plague rats.

Kick yourself out fatso, you wasting time here.

The Venes are alot more productive than many and are progressing nicely.

No one is kicking them out, so deal with it.

Makes no sense beating up so best you just learn to live with it…and you will not lay a hand on them because you will get lock up.

alfa
Shifting into 6th

Postby alfa » January 28th, 2022, 1:21 am

drchaos wrote:
matr1x wrote:One of my neighbors died from covid 19...and the death certificate makes no mention of it. Explain that

Easy to just lie and tell the police/DMO/funeral home that it was a stroke or a heart attack
Sometimes you just pass a small bribe to the funeral home if you call them first and they arrange everything.

I can attest to this personally. Had a relative that died at home around xmas and the dmo was suggesting possible autopsy and sending the body to point Fortin hospital morgue in case of COVID involvement and all that. Funeral home was kind enough to link us with a doctor who made out the death certificate saying it was a heart attack and all that drama was avoided. Thank God, might have had to wait until after Xmas to get the body and have to do a $30000 funeral

adnj
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby adnj » January 28th, 2022, 4:41 am

drchaos wrote:

Because the family members who are doing the lying are the ones that signed the death certificate.

Because actual physicians in attendance that can sign a death certificate are not concerned about losing their license to practice medicine.

Because you should have known that.

adnj
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby adnj » January 28th, 2022, 5:00 am

alfa wrote:
drchaos wrote:

I can attest to this personally. Had a relative that died at home around xmas and the dmo was suggesting possible autopsy and sending the body to point Fortin hospital morgue in case of COVID involvement and all that. Funeral home was kind enough to link us with a doctor who made out the death certificate saying it was a heart attack and all that drama was avoided. Thank God, might have had to wait until after Xmas to get the body and have to do a $30000 funeral
The deceased tested positive for COVID and then died of a heart attack. You call a funeral home that takes a bribe to give you a cheaper funeral because they aren't approved to provide COVID funerals.

Because the funeral director that gets a cut for referring you to an approved funeral home would rather do it. And have their physician sign the death certificate. And do it for less money.

Because the physician who signs the death certificate is not concerned with losing their medical license.

Because the funerary director is not concerned with losing their funeral license.

Because the person who died of COVID may not have had COVID in the first place and just died of a heart attack.

There never was a COVID test.

Because too broke to bury is to broke to pay for a COVID test.

Because if it had, OP would have posted that the day after.

Because it never happened.

matr1x

Postby matr1x » January 28th, 2022, 5:31 am

We are talking about the official death certificate where the government official wrote it and the relatives collected. No bribes or anything. Who said anything about that?

Redman
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Redman » January 28th, 2022, 6:02 am

adnj wrote:
Duane 3NE 2NR wrote:^ 76% of Scotland is vaccinated with 2 doses
61% with booster
Obviously if Omicron is infecting everyone and most people are vaccinated then the numbers for vaccinated will be higher.
They also started vaccination in Scotland on Jan 10th 2021.
Waning effects by now for 2 doses will be apparent.
Redman wrote:Well I checked that....Appendix 6
Indicates that the UNvaxxed pop denominator is net of the vaxxed pop So isnt the 100k -100k of whichever cohort?
There has been quite a bit of discussion around this.

Scotland and Wales are seeing the same patterns. Reasons are expected to be:

Waning immunity
High vaccinated population
Work from home effects
Likelihood of multiple prior infections
Method of reporting, etc.
However, one expert stressed that the patterns probably reflect factors such as Omicron initially transmitting in more affluent communities.

"It does appear weird until you start breaking things down," said Professor Rowland Kao, chair of veterinary epidemiology and data science at Edinburgh University.

Prof Kao said Omicron was "evening out the playing field" in term of infections partly due to its ability break through vaccine protection, but also because had seeded through more affluent postcodes and arrived at a time when people previously protected by working-from-home were less likely to be doing so.

He said: "If you look at the initial spread of Omicron the deprivation relationship was inverted.

"You were actually more at risk of being exposed to Omicron if you lived in an area of lower deprivation, and if you're more affluent you are also more likely to have been double or triple vaccinated.

"It's not just in Scotland; a friend of mine in Wales is seeing exactly the same thing and saying 'what in the world is going on?'.

"My suspicion is that we have this initial explosion of infections which ignores all the previous rules, and that this question of 'where did it start off?' is more important that all the other risk factors."

https://www.heraldscotland.com/news/198 ... dmissions/

Thanks...I have some questions...I will come back later.

alfa
Shifting into 6th

Postby alfa » January 28th, 2022, 7:28 am

adnj wrote:
alfa wrote:
drchaos wrote:

The deceased tested positive for COVID and then died of a heart attack. You call a funeral home that takes a bribe to give you a cheaper funeral because they aren't approved to provide COVID funerals.

Because the funeral director that gets a cut for referring you to an approved funeral home would rather do it. And have their physician sign the death certificate. And do it for less money.

Because the physician who signs the death certificate is not concerned with losing their medical license.

Because the funerary director is not concerned with losing their funeral license.

Because the person who died of COVID may not have had COVID in the first place and just died of a heart attack.

Because it never happened.[
/quote]

I never said the person had COVID but once you die at home an autopsy is usually needed which we were glad to avoid. Even before COVID when my dad died suddenly at 81 many years ago I was telling the dmo the symptoms he had and he listed the cause as asthma without ordering an autopsy cuz the guy was already 81. But you sound like a first year med student who's not familiar with the system. You really think I was going to post something like that at the time of it happening? But I guess it's safer for people like you to believe I made it up, you sound like a lil snitch anyway lol.

hover11
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby hover11 » January 28th, 2022, 7:35 am

alfa wrote:
drchaos wrote:

Just a side note,the ppl that spending $30000 on a funeral for a covid positive is because they want to spend that amount, there are funeral homes such as Dennies that are offering funerals for covid positives for $7500. If ppl know they not capable , don't hang your hat where your hand cannot reach.

Redman
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Redman » January 28th, 2022, 7:49 am

Sensible Data Driven Decision making?

Sweden decides against recommending COVID vaccines for kids aged 5-12

https://www.reuters.com/world/europe/sw ... 022-01-27/

alfa
Shifting into 6th

Postby alfa » January 28th, 2022, 7:50 am

hover11 wrote:
alfa wrote:
drchaos wrote:

Just a side note,the ppl that spending $30000 on a funeral for a covid positive is because they want to spend that amount, there are funeral homes such as Dennies that are offering funerals for covid positives for $7500. If ppl know they not capable , don't hang your hat where your hand cannot reach.

An Islamic funeral home did ours for 6300, I assume it's the same price for COVID deaths. Didn't know was so reasonable until after, funeral prices is not something people know of hand

Dizzy28
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Dizzy28 » January 28th, 2022, 8:30 am

hover11 wrote:
alfa wrote:
drchaos wrote:

Are they throwing the bodies in the sea?
$7,500 sounds low when you either pay to use a crematorium or have to get a cemetery plot.

Pre-covid the cheapest Hindu package at Dass or Boodoo's wasn't so cheap.

PariaMan
punchin NOS

Postby PariaMan » January 28th, 2022, 10:01 am

Hearing about horror stories in covid treatment centers

Tuners vaccinate and boost try to avoid getting sick enough to require hospitalization

At the same time monitor your blood oxygen if you do get covid

KM_2NR
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby KM_2NR » January 28th, 2022, 10:06 am

PariaMan wrote:Hearing about horror stories in covid treatment centers

Tuners vaccinate and boost try to avoid getting sick enough to require hospitalization

What you recommend doing if your blood oxygen drops in the event of having covid?

Mmoney607
30 pounds of Boost

Postby Mmoney607 » January 28th, 2022, 10:34 am

Look the committee ask for a next three weeks. Things in such a mess

PariaMan
punchin NOS

Postby PariaMan » January 28th, 2022, 10:37 am

KM_2NR wrote:

What you recommend doing if your blood oxygen drops in the event of having covid?
Below 90 ambulance.
Between 90 and 94 be very wary
Between 94 and 98 you ok but keep monitoring
98 and above normal

You can call the hotlines a doctor answers and gives you guidelines on how to treat yourself.
This actually works very well

KM_2NR
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby KM_2NR » January 28th, 2022, 10:40 am

PariaMan wrote:
KM_2NR wrote:

Below 90 ambulance.
Between 90 and 94 be very wary
Between 94 and 98 you ok but keep monitoring
98 and above normal

You can call the hotlines a doctor answers and gives you guidelines on how to treat yourself.
This actually works very well

Thanks!

adnj
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby adnj » January 28th, 2022, 11:05 am

alfa wrote:
adnj wrote:
alfa wrote:
drchaos wrote:

Because it never happened.[
/quote]

I never said the person had COVID but once you die at home an autopsy is usually needed which we were glad to avoid. Even before COVID when my dad died suddenly at 81 many years ago I was telling the dmo the symptoms he had and he listed the cause as asthma without ordering an autopsy cuz the guy was already 81. But you sound like a first year med student who's not familiar with the system. You really think I was going to post something like that at the time of it happening? But I guess it's safer for people like you to believe I made it up, you sound like a lil snitch anyway lol.

I will gladly apologize because I can agree with what I highlighted.

Beyond a recent COVID-positive test or the family alluding to COVID-like symptoms, and asthma certainly is one, there would be no reason to suggest autopsy.

hover11
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby hover11 » January 28th, 2022, 11:33 am

Dizzy28 wrote:
hover11 wrote:
alfa wrote:
drchaos wrote:

Are they throwing the bodies in the sea?
$7,500 sounds low when you either pay to use a crematorium or have to get a cemetery plot.

Pre-covid the cheapest Hindu package at Dass or Boodoo's wasn't so cheap.
Tbh I don't know how but they doing it and making money because everyone is going by them and the receipt shows the amount sometimes 7500 or 8500. Doesn't cross that amount

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”