TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

COVID-19 in Trinidad & Tobago (Local Updates & Discussions Only)

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

widdyphuck
18 pounds of Boost

Re: Coronavirus - COVID-19 - 15899 cases, 276 deaths, 5558 active, 10065 recovered in T&T

Postby widdyphuck » May 16th, 2021, 10:10 pm

BUG wrote:
BUG wrote:
novastar1 wrote:
pugboy wrote:yeah unless you can show u walking to grocery or parlor

novastar1 wrote:So walking around outside alone is essentially illegal now?

Walking alone and not going anywhere would be safer than going to that grocery and parlor

So I should expect no cyclists on the road tomorrow either?

Why would there be no cyclists or people walking alone tomorrow from 5:00am to 9:00pm?

For anyone else unaware, all outdoor exercise has been banned 24/7.

https://newsday.co.tt/2021/05/16/outdoo ... nned-24-7/

So I can have 5 random people liming in my house but I can't ride my bike on the road by myself. Absolutely ridiculous. I'm speechless.
Only for a short time BUD.

widdyphuck
18 pounds of Boost

Re: Coronavirus - COVID-19 - 15899 cases, 276 deaths, 5558 active, 10065 recovered in T&T

Postby widdyphuck » May 16th, 2021, 10:12 pm

Who can confirm.
Screenshot_20210516-221112_Facebook.jpeg

Dohplaydat
punchin NOS

Postby Dohplaydat » May 16th, 2021, 10:12 pm

BUG wrote:
BUG wrote:
novastar1 wrote:

Walking alone and not going anywhere would be safer than going to that grocery and parlor

Why would there be no cyclists or people walking alone tomorrow from 5:00am to 9:00pm?

So I can have 5 random people liming in my house but I can't ride my bike on the road by myself. Absolutely ridiculous. I'm speechless.

Technically, you should be able to bike if it's your mode of transport.....just do wear track pants and thing so it won't look like exercise.

The same way they banned 'running' on the QP Savannah but technically walking on the sidewalk isn't illegal, so you can walk just not run.

Stupid.

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » May 16th, 2021, 10:13 pm

Zim wrote:Just lost a relative to this virus, her mom died abt a week prior

were they at home or in the system?

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » May 16th, 2021, 10:15 pm

Dohplaydat wrote:
BUG wrote:
BUG wrote:
novastar1 wrote:

Technically, you should be able to bike if it's your mode of transport.....just do wear track pants and thing so it won't look like exercise.

The same way they banned 'running' on the QP Savannah but technically walking on the sidewalk isn't illegal, so you can walk just not run.

Stupid.

these regulations are not scientifically based. they are at best unnecessary and at worse detrimental to mental and physical health.

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » May 16th, 2021, 10:16 pm

She in the same league as pea, so don’t hold your breath
Even if true, it should be reported eventually
Is it that she expect it to make front news right now .

wtf wrote:Who can confirm.Screenshot_20210516-221112_Facebook.jpeg

Dohplaydat
punchin NOS

Postby Dohplaydat » May 16th, 2021, 10:19 pm

wtf wrote:Who can confirm.Screenshot_20210516-221112_Facebook.jpeg

Yesterday I heard that a former co-worker's mother was 'discharged' 5 days ago for at-home care.

However, she had progressively gotten worse and they brought her back, I believe she might be one of those in tents at Mt. Hope, really hope she didn't pass because she was a vibrant healthy woman barely over 60.

The_Honourable
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby The_Honourable » May 16th, 2021, 10:32 pm

Braveboy is not a credible source, spreads exaggerated and fake news.

Zim
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Postby Zim » May 16th, 2021, 11:18 pm

sMASH wrote:

home AFAIK. Cousin, well, more like aunty had asthma

Zim

Postby Zim » May 16th, 2021, 11:26 pm

MaxPower wrote:

Hello Zim,

Please accept my condolences.

Please be safe out there.
greetings, MP, thank u kindly, they are accepted. Much appreciated, mate

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » May 16th, 2021, 11:38 pm

Zim wrote:
sMASH wrote:

home AFAIK. Cousin, well, more like aunty had asthma
shucks. at least they wasnt stick up under a tent. condolences to u and yours.

gastly369
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby gastly369 » May 17th, 2021, 1:21 am

redmanjp wrote:new treatment showing promise

https://www.clinicaltrialsarena.com/news/sanotize-nasal-spray-reduces-covid-19-viral-load-uk-clinical-trail/

SaNOtize’s “revolutionary” Covid-19 nasal spray bolstered by Phase II trial data
By Kezia Parkins
16 Mar 2021 (Last Updated March 17th, 2021 10:39)
A self-administered nitric oxide nasal spray (NONS) made by Vancouver-based biotech firm SaNOtize has been found to dramatically reduce Covid-19 viral load in infected patients after completing early-stage clinical trials in Canada and, most recently, the UK.

SaNOtize’s “revolutionary” Covid-19 nasal spray bolstered by Phase II trial data
SaNOtize’s “revolutionary” Covid-19 nasal spray bolstered by UK Phase II trial data. Image Credit: Suttersock
Share Article
A self-administered nitric oxide nasal spray (NONS) made by Vancouver-based biotech firm SaNOtize has been found to dramatically reduce Covid-19 viral load in infected patients after completing early-stage clinical trials in Canada and, most recently, the UK.

SaNOtize, alongside Ashford and St Peter’s Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust and Berkshire and Surrey Pathology Services in the UK, have announced results of Phase II trials indicating that SaNOtize’s nasal spray represents a safe and powerful antiviral treatment that could prevent the transmission of Covid-19, shorten its duration, and reduce the severity of symptoms in those already infected.

In a randomised, double-blind, placebo-controlled Phase II trial that evaluated 79 confirmed cases of Covid-19, SaNOtize’s early treatment significantly decreased the level of SARS-CoV-2, including in patients with high viral loads infected by the concerning UK variant of Covid-19.

Patients treated with SaNOtize’s spray saw an average viral log reduction of 1.362 in the first 24 hours, which corresponds to a decline of around 95%. Within 72 hours the viral load plummeted by more than 99%. No adverse events were recorded in the UK trial nor in earlier Canadian trials that saw over 7,000 patients testing the self-administered treatment.

“I expect this to be a major advance in the global battle against the devastating human impacts of the Covid-19 pandemic,” said consultant medical virologist and chief investigator of the NHS trial Dr Stephen Winchester.

“This simple portable nasal spray could be highly effective in the treatment of Covid-19 and reducing onward transmission. Our trial included patients with a variant of concern and high viral loads yet still demonstrated significant reductions in the levels of SARS-CoV-2, which could be critical in supporting vaccines, preventing future outbreaks and safely reopening economies. Simply stated, I think this could be revolutionary.”

To date, NONS is the only novel therapeutic treatment outside of expensive monoclonal antibodies that has been proven to reduce SARS-CoV-2 viral load in humans, SaNOtize said.

The SaNOtize treatment kills the virus in the upper airways, preventing it from incubating and making its way to the lungs.

The therapy’s active ingredient is nitric oxide (NO), a natural nanomolecule produced by the human body with proven anti-microbial properties shown to have a direct effect on the –replication of SARS-CoV-2.

Covid-19 chart
THEMATIC REPORTS
Are you worried about the pace of innovation in your industry?
GlobalData's TMT Themes 2021 Report tells you everything you need to know about disruptive tech themes and which companies are best placed to help you digitally transform your business.

Find out more
Based on the trial results, SaNOtize is planning to submit emergency use applications to regulatory authorities in the UK and Canada for the treatment and prevention of Covid-19.

SaNOtize co-founder and chief scientific officer Dr Chris Miller told Clinical Trials Arena: “Appropriate manufacturing facilities and materials are in place or in progress in the countries where we are seeking approval, so a ramp-up in manufacturing would be a matter of weeks, and major scale-up in a very few months, once approvals have been received. It would be premature to speculate on a precise timeline, however.

“We are in talks with various manufacturers and potential partners but can’t comment on any talks with counter-parties that may be taking place. We are currently focused on the approval processes in the UK and Canada.”

The company said swift approval and accelerated manufacturing could expedite an almost immediate safe return to normal work, school and social life, and accelerate economic recovery when compared to relying on vaccines alone.

“Now that NONS has been demonstrated to be safe and effective in clinical trials, we must move with urgency to get it into the hands of the public where it can help bring an end to the pandemic, accelerate a return to normality, and prevent future outbreaks of Covid-19 and its variants,” said SaNOtize CEO and co-founder Dr Gilly Regev.

“The human toll of this disease cannot be expressed simply in numbers, and each day compounds the frustration, fear and loss suffered by millions around the world. Combined with the roll-out of vaccines, NONS can help get the world back on its feet.”

Do some research one this OTC spray that's is already available to the public..

xlear nasal spray with xylitol

Do we have this in Trinidad or will have to purchased via skybox from amazon(its selling on amazon readily available)

https://www.medicaldevice-network.com/uncategorised/coronavirus-company-news-summary-us-fda-authorises-letsgetcheckeds-home-collection-covid-19-test-xlear-submits-covid-19-pre-emergency-use-authorisation-to-fda-for-nasal-spray/

https://www.biospace.com/article/more-data-suggests-over-the-counter-nasal-spray-is-effective-against-covid-19-virus/

bluefete
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby bluefete » May 17th, 2021, 6:25 am

SoE until July 4th.

timelapse
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby timelapse » May 17th, 2021, 6:48 am

Too lazy to scroll back to quote Redman, but all respect due bro.
I have been taking L-Arginine supplements since last year once I saw how the symptoms of covid worked.It essentially converts into Nitric oxide.Very beneficial to your cardiovascular system .I am personally seeing a lot of improvement in my circulation and energy level.
Apart from the occasional Sahara dust congestion, I believe it has improved my breathing too.Not saying it can cure Covid or anything like that, but definitely a good product .
gastly369 wrote:

https://www.clinicaltrialsarena.com/news/sanotize-nasal-spray-reduces-covid-19-viral-load-uk-clinical-trail/

By Kezia Parkins

SaNOtize’s “revolutionary” Covid-19 nasal spray bolstered by UK Phase II trial data. Image Credit: Suttersock
Share Article

SaNOtize, alongside Ashford and St Peter’s Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust and Berkshire and Surrey Pathology Services in the UK, have announced results of Phase II trials indicating that SaNOtize’s nasal spray represents a safe and powerful antiviral treatment that could prevent the transmission of Covid-19, shorten its duration, and reduce the severity of symptoms in those already infected.

In a randomised, double-blind, placebo-controlled Phase II trial that evaluated 79 confirmed cases of Covid-19, SaNOtize’s early treatment significantly decreased the level of SARS-CoV-2, including in patients with high viral loads infected by the concerning UK variant of Covid-19.

Patients treated with SaNOtize’s spray saw an average viral log reduction of 1.362 in the first 24 hours, which corresponds to a decline of around 95%. Within 72 hours the viral load plummeted by more than 99%. No adverse events were recorded in the UK trial nor in earlier Canadian trials that saw over 7,000 patients testing the self-administered treatment.

“I expect this to be a major advance in the global battle against the devastating human impacts of the Covid-19 pandemic,” said consultant medical virologist and chief investigator of the NHS trial Dr Stephen Winchester.

“This simple portable nasal spray could be highly effective in the treatment of Covid-19 and reducing onward transmission. Our trial included patients with a variant of concern and high viral loads yet still demonstrated significant reductions in the levels of SARS-CoV-2, which could be critical in supporting vaccines, preventing future outbreaks and safely reopening economies. Simply stated, I think this could be revolutionary.”

To date, NONS is the only novel therapeutic treatment outside of expensive monoclonal antibodies that has been proven to reduce SARS-CoV-2 viral load in humans, SaNOtize said.

The SaNOtize treatment kills the virus in the upper airways, preventing it from incubating and making its way to the lungs.

The therapy’s active ingredient is nitric oxide (NO), a natural nanomolecule produced by the human body with proven anti-microbial properties shown to have a direct effect on the –replication of SARS-CoV-2.

Covid-19 chart
THEMATIC REPORTS
GlobalData's TMT Themes 2021 Report tells you everything you need to know about disruptive tech themes and which companies are best placed to help you digitally transform your business.

Find out more
Based on the trial results, SaNOtize is planning to submit emergency use applications to regulatory authorities in the UK and Canada for the treatment and prevention of Covid-19.

SaNOtize co-founder and chief scientific officer Dr Chris Miller told Clinical Trials Arena: “Appropriate manufacturing facilities and materials are in place or in progress in the countries where we are seeking approval, so a ramp-up in manufacturing would be a matter of weeks, and major scale-up in a very few months, once approvals have been received. It would be premature to speculate on a precise timeline, however.

“We are in talks with various manufacturers and potential partners but can’t comment on any talks with counter-parties that may be taking place. We are currently focused on the approval processes in the UK and Canada.”

The company said swift approval and accelerated manufacturing could expedite an almost immediate safe return to normal work, school and social life, and accelerate economic recovery when compared to relying on vaccines alone.

“Now that NONS has been demonstrated to be safe and effective in clinical trials, we must move with urgency to get it into the hands of the public where it can help bring an end to the pandemic, accelerate a return to normality, and prevent future outbreaks of Covid-19 and its variants,” said SaNOtize CEO and co-founder Dr Gilly Regev.

“The human toll of this disease cannot be expressed simply in numbers, and each day compounds the frustration, fear and loss suffered by millions around the world. Combined with the roll-out of vaccines, NONS can help get the world back on its feet.”

Do we have this in Trinidad or will have to purchased via skybox from amazon(its selling on amazon readily available)

https://www.medicaldevice-network.com/uncategorised/coronavirus-company-news-summary-us-fda-authorises-letsgetcheckeds-home-collection-covid-19-test-xlear-submits-covid-19-pre-emergency-use-authorisation-to-fda-for-nasal-spray/

https://www.biospace.com/article/more-data-suggests-over-the-counter-nasal-spray-is-effective-against-covid-19-virus/

Kickstart
Riding on 16's

Postby Kickstart » May 17th, 2021, 6:55 am

The_Honourable wrote:Braveboy is not a credible source, spreads exaggerated and fake news.
Same applies to Habit7

bluefete
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby bluefete » May 17th, 2021, 8:41 am

bluefete wrote:Now hearing a Std.5 teacher from Grant Memorial passed away.

Anyone can confirm?

May not be Covid related.

Could be a possible heart attack.

K74T
TunerGod

Postby K74T » May 17th, 2021, 8:42 am

Lyndon Jute
Last edited by K74T on May 17th, 2021, 8:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

K74T
TunerGod

Postby K74T » May 17th, 2021, 8:57 am

JUST IN LOTTO SHUTDOWN

CHAIRMAN OF THE NLCB BOARD EUSTACE NANCIS, HAS CONFIRMED, THE SHUTDOWN/ SUSPENSION OF ALL LOTTO MACHINES IN THE COUNTRY, UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE.

A PHOTO OF WHAT LOTTO AGENTS SAW ON THEIR SCREENS THIS MORNING, HAS BEEN ADDED TO THIS POST.

Liz Williams.

FB_IMG_1621256179809.jpeg

FB_IMG_1621256181917.jpeg

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » May 17th, 2021, 9:10 am

is that due to SoE regulations or due to public outcry?

K74T
TunerGod

Postby K74T » May 17th, 2021, 9:13 am

SOE I believe

aaron17

Postby aaron17 » May 17th, 2021, 9:16 am

Got this from facebook
chrome_screenshot_1621257323348.jpeg

gastly369
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby gastly369 » May 17th, 2021, 9:17 am

timelapse wrote:Too lazy to scroll back to quote Redman, but all respect due bro.
I have been taking L-Arginine supplements since last year once I saw how the symptoms of covid worked.It essentially converts into Nitric oxide.Very beneficial to your cardiovascular system .I am personally seeing a lot of improvement in my circulation and energy level.
Apart from the occasional Sahara dust congestion, I believe it has improved my breathing too.Not saying it can cure Covid or anything like that, but definitely a good product .
gastly369 wrote:

By Kezia Parkins

Share Article

Covid-19 chart
THEMATIC REPORTS

Find out more

Wonder if can come in thru skybox.. Gonna msg them n see
Screenshot_20210517_091643.jpeg

KM_2NR
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby KM_2NR » May 17th, 2021, 10:19 am

It took a SOE for Trini's to get with the program , if they can't listen they will feel as my dad would say. Was a fun lil drive to PoS , my job make me waste my time by coming to work , I gone. I sure other employers want staff to come out but according to legal notice 142 of 2021 a lot of people not supposed to be out and by the amount of cars I saw this morning people still coming out . Be safe y'all

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby MaxPower » May 17th, 2021, 10:55 am

aaron17 wrote:Got this from facebook

Hello aaron17,

Thank you for the screenshot.

Well said by Danny.

2WNBoost
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby 2WNBoost » May 17th, 2021, 10:58 am

For all the local conspiracy theorists...

How rich countries are making the pandemic last longer

redmanjp
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby redmanjp » May 17th, 2021, 10:59 am

so why no reporter asks MOH for an update on treatments? even if it's those in trials?

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby MaxPower » May 17th, 2021, 11:01 am

KM_2NR wrote:It took a SOE for Trini's to get with the program , if they can't listen they will feel as my dad would say. Was a fun lil drive to PoS , my job make me waste my time by coming to work , I gone. I sure other employers want staff to come out but according to legal notice 142 of 2021 a lot of people not supposed to be out and by the amount of cars I saw this morning people still coming out . Be safe y'all

Thanks bro, be safe as well.

But the SOE is basically forcing Trinis to comply. And your old man is correct, let them feel it…..but Trinis arent feeling anything…they are just waiting.

Once restrictions are lifted, i guarantee you the irresponsibility will continue and be even worse than before.

Trinis would have learnt nothing before and after Covid unfortunately.

redmanjp
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby redmanjp » May 17th, 2021, 11:23 am

coming from arima to POS this morning didn't have as much traffic as normal- took about 38-40 mins instead of 50.

aaron17

Postby aaron17 » May 17th, 2021, 11:28 am

MaxPower wrote:
aaron17 wrote:Got this from facebook

Hello aaron17,

Thank you for the screenshot.

Well said by Danny.
Cool

redmanjp
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby redmanjp » May 17th, 2021, 12:24 pm

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”