TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

COVID-19 in Trinidad & Tobago (Local Updates & Discussions Only)

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

KM_2NR
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Re: Coronavirus - COVID-19 - 73759 (+984) cases, 2215 (+17) deaths, 11707 active, 59837 recovered in T&T

Postby KM_2NR » December 7th, 2021, 1:36 pm

When you think the 1k daily cases cracking? Perhaps this week.

widdyphuck
18 pounds of Boost

Re: Coronavirus - COVID-19 - 73759 (+984) cases, 2215 (+17) deaths, 11707 active, 59837 recovered in T&T

Postby widdyphuck » December 7th, 2021, 1:51 pm

KM_2NR wrote:When you think the 1k daily cases cracking? Perhaps this week.
Wednesday for sure.

gastly369
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby gastly369 » December 7th, 2021, 1:57 pm

Phone Surgeon wrote:people real using ivermectin these days.

i eh know if it helping or not but the people i know who use it seems to think it did
I'll just say... 9 friends and including 3 family members... In 3-4 days back to 95% as like nothing happened to them could be placebo or it could just be doing something can't say...yes ivermectin seems to be the "clown" of meds when concerning covid but I don't want to knock it down

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » December 7th, 2021, 1:59 pm

how man covid ppl you know total?

gastly369 wrote:

i eh know if it helping or not but the people i know who use it seems to think it did
I'll just say... 9 friends and including 3 family members... In 3-4 days back to 95% as like nothing happened to them could be placebo or it could just be doing something can't say...yes ivermectin seems to be the "clown" of meds when concerning covid but I don't want to knock it down

Chimera
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Chimera » December 7th, 2021, 2:14 pm

gastly369 wrote:

yeah i know everybody body different and it not fda approved or whatever but.....like it wokking

know a husband and wife who unvaccinated

both got covid, husband take the ivermectin, wife didnt

husband normal, talk to him just yesterday,

wife in health center more than a week now on oxygen

me eh know if it working, if it not working

in the past i would have been against it but you see more and more people taking it and saying it working.......
when i had gotten covid real friends/family advise me to take it and i say na, i eh taking no horse medicine
but unless you severely overdose, i dont see any side effects of taking it if you take it early
if you wait til you getting breathing problems then it too late to help yuh

https://www.ijidonline.com/article/S1201-9712(20)32506-6/fulltext

A 5-day course of ivermectin resulted in an earlier clearance of the virus compared to placebo (p = 0.005), thus indicating that early intervention with this agent may limit viral replication within the host. In the 5-day ivermectin group, there was a significant drop in CRP and LDH by day 7, which are indicators of disease severity. It is noteworthy that the viral nucleic acid Ct value (indicator of viral load) dropped significantly compared to the placebo group on day 7 and day 14. In the absence of co-morbidity, a 5-day course of ivermectin treatment showed faster SARS-CoV-2 virus clearance compared to the placebo arm (9 vs 13 days; p = 0.02).
Although the study sample was too small (n = 72) to draw any solid conclusions, the results provide evidence of the potential benefit of early intervention with the drug ivermectin for the treatment of adult patients diagnosed with mild COVID-19. First, early intervention promoted faster viral clearance during disease onset, which might have prevented significant immune system involvement and hastened the recovery. Secondly, early intervention reduced the viral load faster, thus may help block disease transmission in the general population. A larger randomized controlled clinical trial of ivermectin treatment appears to be warranted to validate these important findings.

ed360123
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby ed360123 » December 7th, 2021, 2:27 pm

Phone Surgeon wrote:
gastly369 wrote:

yeah i know everybody body different and it not fda approved or whatever but.....like it wokking

in the past i would have been against it but you see more and more people taking it and saying it working.......
when i had gotten covid real friends/family advise me to take it and i say na, i eh taking no horse medicine
but unless you severely overdose, i dont see any side effects of taking it if you take it early

A 5-day course of ivermectin resulted in an earlier clearance of the virus compared to placebo (p = 0.005), thus indicating that early intervention with this agent may limit viral replication within the host. In the 5-day ivermectin group, there was a significant drop in CRP and LDH by day 7, which are indicators of disease severity. It is noteworthy that the viral nucleic acid Ct value (indicator of viral load) dropped significantly compared to the placebo group on day 7 and day 14. In the absence of co-morbidity, a 5-day course of ivermectin treatment showed faster SARS-CoV-2 virus clearance compared to the placebo arm (9 vs 13 days; p = 0.02).
Although the study sample was too small (n = 72) to draw any solid conclusions, the results provide evidence of the potential benefit of early intervention with the drug ivermectin for the treatment of adult patients diagnosed with mild COVID-19. First, early intervention promoted faster viral clearance during disease onset, which might have prevented significant immune system involvement and hastened the recovery. Secondly, early intervention reduced the viral load faster, thus may help block disease transmission in the general population. A larger randomized controlled clinical trial of ivermectin treatment appears to be warranted to validate these important findings.
Your link isn't working.

ed360123
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby ed360123 » December 7th, 2021, 2:36 pm

ed360123 wrote:
Phone Surgeon wrote:
gastly369 wrote:

Your link isn't working.
Never mind, got it to work. Study is still way to small to draw any conclusions from it. And larger studies on ivermectin have not shown the same results. So any effects are most likely just placebo.

KM_2NR
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby KM_2NR » December 7th, 2021, 2:45 pm

wtf wrote:
KM_2NR wrote:When you think the 1k daily cases cracking? Perhaps this week.
Wednesday for sure.

I could see it hitting 2-3k daily cases in the following weeks but I don't think they have that testing capacity locally. Crazy times we live in. The numbers so significant and we already desensitized to it and absolutely nothing in place to curtail the spread. Its just gotta spread and let nature take its course.

PariaMan
punchin NOS

Postby PariaMan » December 7th, 2021, 2:53 pm

I think we peaking in cases

I expect to see a drop in the following weeks

redmanjp
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby redmanjp » December 7th, 2021, 3:18 pm

Phone Surgeon wrote:
gastly369 wrote:

notice it says 'in the absence of comorbidity'. so it may clear the virus faster in healthy ppl, but may not help u if u overweight, have diabetes, hypertension, etc. which is perhaps why the Health Minister said ppl took it and still ended up in hospital and ICU.

and the study is only in ppl already hospitalized so taking it to prevent yourself from reaching that stage may not be helpful.

widdyphuck
18 pounds of Boost

Postby widdyphuck » December 7th, 2021, 3:36 pm

Predictions for today...

adnj
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby adnj » December 7th, 2021, 3:37 pm

Phone Surgeon wrote:
gastly369 wrote:

ABOUT 35% OF ALL COVID-19 CASES NEVER SHOW SYMPTOMS

We know that presymptomatic people are the most infectious. But what is the role in transmission of the people who silently carry the virus that causes COVID-19?

According to a new study, these people—who may not even know they are infected—account for 35% of all COVID-19 cases. The study authors also found that not everyone has an equal chance of acquiring an asymptomatic infection of COVID-19: children win that lottery by a landslide.

In an exhaustive literature review, the research team—which includes mathematician Burton Singer of the University of Florida—analyzed more than 350 studies to estimate the proportion of COVID-19 cases that are asymptomatic. 

“And by asymptomatic, we mean truly without symptoms over the course of their infection,” says Singer, who is a distinguished visiting professor of epidemiology in UF's College of Liberal Arts and Sciences Deparment of Mathematics. “This is different than people who may not have symptoms when they get tested, test positive, then later develop symptoms.”

For a virus that seeks to replicate itself, asymptomatic carriers are akin to a cavalry of Trojan horses.

https://epi.ufl.edu/articles/35-percent ... ptoms.html

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby MaxPower » December 7th, 2021, 3:42 pm

wtf wrote:Predictions for today...

500/20

st7
punchin NOS

Postby st7 » December 7th, 2021, 3:46 pm

845/29

DMan7
punchin NOS

Postby DMan7 » December 7th, 2021, 3:48 pm

245 / 6

PariaMan
punchin NOS

Postby PariaMan » December 7th, 2021, 3:49 pm

Yea as I said I expect cases to drop but deaths will remain high for a couple of weeks because of the high case load over the last few weeks
MaxPower wrote:

500/20

Chimera
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Chimera » December 7th, 2021, 3:55 pm

redmanjp wrote:
Phone Surgeon wrote:
gastly369 wrote:

notice it says 'in the absence of comorbidity'. so it may clear the virus faster in healthy ppl, but may not help u if u overweight, have diabetes, hypertension, etc. which is perhaps why the Health Minister said ppl took it and still ended up in hospital and ICU.

and the study is only in ppl already hospitalized so taking it to prevent yourself from reaching that stage may not be helpful.
Realistically in trinidad people who should be in the hospital or health center aren't because they don't want to or because there isn't space.

K74T
TunerGod

Postby K74T » December 7th, 2021, 4:01 pm

666/22

FB_IMG_1638907292427.jpg

widdyphuck
18 pounds of Boost

Postby widdyphuck » December 7th, 2021, 4:03 pm

Interesting... deaths goin up from today....
Prepare yourselves

redmanjp
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby redmanjp » December 7th, 2021, 4:04 pm

PariaMan wrote:Yea as I said I expect cases to drop but deaths will remain high for a couple of weeks because of the high case load over the last few weeks
MaxPower wrote:

500/20

not till the surge in cases resulting from elections. or maybe that will only be in tobago :roll:

redmanjp
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby redmanjp » December 7th, 2021, 4:06 pm

K74T wrote:666/22

FB_IMG_1638907292427.jpg

devil ting. i cud see some conspiracy theorists/pastors saying something about this, especially after not 1, but 2 earthquakes.

but MOH right on time these days.
Last edited by redmanjp on December 7th, 2021, 4:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.

DMan7
punchin NOS

Postby DMan7 » December 7th, 2021, 4:06 pm

I thought Monday had the lowest number of cases? Yesterday had 801 and today 666? That's a significant drop from a Monday that supposed to be the lowest.

hover11
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby hover11 » December 7th, 2021, 4:08 pm

DMan7 wrote:I thought Monday had the lowest number of cases? Yesterday had 801 and today 666? That's a significant drop from a Monday that supposed to be the lowest.
You realize from tomorrow there will be over 12k persons in home quarantine and those who would require help may not get the help they need

Mmoney607
30 pounds of Boost

Postby Mmoney607 » December 7th, 2021, 4:10 pm

DMan7 wrote:I thought Monday had the lowest number of cases? Yesterday had 801 and today 666? That's a significant drop from a Monday that supposed to be the lowest.

Yeah so tomorrow will be 1000

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » December 7th, 2021, 4:13 pm

i say next week
we should hold the odd 20-25 based on weekly avgs

wtf wrote:Interesting... deaths goin up from today....
Prepare yourselves

pete
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby pete » December 7th, 2021, 4:21 pm

Could just be that now the majority of people testing positive are vaccinated. The deaths average has dropped from over 24 last week to now between 20 and 21.

widdyphuck
18 pounds of Boost

Postby widdyphuck » December 7th, 2021, 4:22 pm

Tomorrow is 1000 cases.
35 dead.

daring dragoon
18 pounds of Boost

Postby daring dragoon » December 7th, 2021, 4:30 pm

:by weekend all will pay for the rejection of pnm in tobago. Hotels, boat cruz, boat taxi all will be reduced from central govt. He will go raging bull on their green arse under disguise of covid roll back. Wait for it.

hover11
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby hover11 » December 7th, 2021, 5:38 pm

Hmm
FB_IMG_1638913071705.jpg

redmanjp
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby redmanjp » December 7th, 2021, 6:30 pm

so what happens if a second family member test positive a week later than the first? then wouldn't the other family members now have a 2nd set of exposure and have to be kept in quarantine for longer?

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”