TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

Bacchanal in Guyana's Election Results!

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

toyolink
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Re: Bacchanal in Guyana's Election Results!

Postby toyolink » July 10th, 2020, 7:07 pm

Guyana continues on a path which could make all positive possibilities for achieving fantastic economic gains just disappear.
Since the 70's Guyana always threatened to become a real El Dorado, but sadly this status always eludes the guyanese people primarily because of political and racial misbehavior.

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » July 10th, 2020, 7:21 pm

^true
and it’s in the dna of the ppl
so oil or not there will always be bickering and racism

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » July 10th, 2020, 7:59 pm

pugboy wrote:^true
Only one side of the DNA,

paid_influencer
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Postby paid_influencer » July 10th, 2020, 8:40 pm

at this point, you have to wonder why the more moderate elements in the APNU+AFC do not start to take action themselves. Are Granger and his sycophants really that firmly in control of the party that all this blatant disregard for democracy can be tolerated?

The_Honourable
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby The_Honourable » July 10th, 2020, 8:43 pm

Gecom chair standing her ground... another deadline set.

GECOM Chair stands by instruction to Lowenfield, gives him up to 11 am tomorrow

GECOM Chair Claudette Singh today reiterated her instruction to the Chief Election Officer Keith Lowenfield to present the results of the recount of the March 2nd general elections to her and he has up to 11 tomorrow to do so.

By way of a letter yesterday, Singh asked Lowenfield to submit a report by 2pm today of the “valid votes counted in the National Recount as per the Certificates of Recount.”

However, in a written response today, Lowenfield informed Singh that prior to the preparation and submission of the report, “some clarifications are imperative… to safeguard against any action deemed unilateral.”

Among other things, he said that the Caribbean Court of Justice found that the order for the national recount was in conflict with the Constitution and a result could not create a new election regime. “Kindly provide guidance on which results of the Elections of 2 March 2020 could be lawfully declared,” he wrote.

Singh later replied to him stating “In response to your request for guidance on which the results of the March 2, 2020 Elections can be declared, you are accordingly advised that my letter dated July 9, 2020 stands.

“You are therefore required to submit your report by 11:00hrs on 11th July, 2020.”

Source: https://www.stabroeknews.com/2020/07/10 ... -tomorrow/

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » July 10th, 2020, 9:04 pm

This pro African goverment not moving bia

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » July 10th, 2020, 9:33 pm

Ceo nah taking instructions from the chairman

speedmelter
18 pounds of Boost

Postby speedmelter » July 11th, 2020, 8:06 pm

zoom rader wrote:
pugboy wrote:^true
Only one side of the DNA,

truth

The_Honourable
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby The_Honourable » July 12th, 2020, 12:58 pm

steupz...

Lowenfield report not in compliance with instruction, govt-appointed commissioners absent from key GECOM meeting

Chief Election Officer (CEO) Keith Lowenfield has disregarded a directive by the Guyana Elections Commission (GECOM) Chairperson Claudette Singh that he use the results of the national recount to submit a final report on the March 2 polls.

While the recount showed a clear victory for the opposition PPP/C, Lowenfield today instead submitted a report reflecting a win by the incumbent APNU+AFC. He has reported 236,777 votes for APNU+AFC, 229,330 for the PPP/C and 5,091 for a joint slate of three new parties.

By his latest count, the APNU+AFC coalition would secure 33 of the 65 seats in the National Assembly, the PPP/C would get 31 seats and the joint list one seat.

It is unclear on what basis Lowenfield produced his numbers. The figures are similar to those that would result from using the falsified numbers from the March 13 declaration by Region Four Returning Officer Clairmont Mingo, which had necessitated the move to a recount, but they do not correspond. The now discredited March 13 results showed 237,371 votes for the incumbent and 229,510 for the PPP/C.

Lowenfield submitted the result after he was instructed to do so yesterday by the GECOM Chair for a scheduled meeting at 11 am today on the results.

While the opposition-nominated members were present at GECOM’s headquarters this morning for the meeting, the government-nominated commissioners were all absent.

Government-nominated commissioner Desmond Trotman later told this newspaper that he had asked for the meeting to be rescheduled owing to concerns he had and which were shared by his fellow commissioners. However, he could not account for their absence.

Today’s meeting had to be aborted as there was no quorum.

Opposition-appointed commissioner Sase Gunraj later told reporters that Lowenfield submitted a report to the Commission that did not comply with the recount report.

He described it as “eye-pass” of the Commission. Gunraj said that flawed report submitted by Lowenfield yesterday showed a victory for APNU+AFC. The recount showed a victory for the PPP/C.

Gunraj was confident that a way will be found to have the recount results declared when GECOM next meets.

The absence of the GECOM commissioners would again underline their determination to thwart the declaration of the recount result.

An incensed Gunraj said the new Lowenfield report does not reflect the numbers generated by the recount exercise. He said it was a “clear and flagrant violation” by Lowenfield of two letters by the GECOM Chair. Gunraj said that the GECOM Chair has not yet provided a response.

Source: https://www.stabroeknews.com/2020/07/11 ... m-meeting/

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » July 12th, 2020, 1:06 pm

Blantant scamps you can't trust an all African goverment

bluefete
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby bluefete » July 12th, 2020, 1:09 pm

Why don't they just arrest him?

Oh, the police loves Granger.

maj. tom
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby maj. tom » July 12th, 2020, 1:11 pm

Like all these governments taking inspiration from Trump in terms of lying, corruption and destroying its own institutions.

What i can't understand is, how the people within the APNU sitting down and letting this happen. They're seeing this blatant, illegal corruption right before their eyes perpetrated by their leader and company. And just sitting there letting it happen. They have no morals and can't say this is wrong? They just sailing on that ship without comment? Despite the International community giving a different assessment? I can't understand this. If it were me, i stepping down and saying that i loss, the people done with me, i served my time and it's time to move on. But what is it with these politicians who are really dictators, trying to hold on to that power? For what? That is what they want for their grandchildren in 50 years?

Like they really only care about their selves alone, over their own people and the Constitution. That is the legacy they want for their own country.

bluefete
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby bluefete » July 12th, 2020, 1:13 pm

maj. tom wrote:Like all these governments taking inspiration from Trump in terms of lying, corruption and destroying its own institutions.

What i can't understand is, how the people within the APNU sitting down and letting this happen. They're seeing this blatant, illegal corruption right before their eyes perpetrated by their leader and company. And just sitting there letting it happen. They have no morals and can't say this is wrong? They just sailing on that ship without comment? Despite the International community giving a different assessment? I can't understand this. If it were me, i stepping down and saying that i loss, the people done with me, i served my time and it's time to move on. But what is it with these politicians who are really dictators, trying to hold on to that power? For what? That is what they want for their grandchildren in 50 years?

Like they really only care about their selves alone, over their own people and the Constitution. That is the legacy they want for their own country.

It's the same reason the Republicans are letting Trump destroy the American system. As long as it benefits them, they are cool.

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » July 12th, 2020, 1:14 pm

maj. tom wrote:Like all these governments taking inspiration from Trump in terms of lying, corruption and destroying its own institutions.

But we have this problem right here in TT coming from PNM

De Dragon
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby De Dragon » July 12th, 2020, 10:54 pm

It is unclear on what basis Lowenfield produced his numbers. The figures are similar to those that would result from using the falsified numbers from the March 13 declaration by Region Four Returning Officer Clairmont Mingo, which had necessitated the move to a recount, but they do not correspond. The now discredited March 13 results showed 237,371 votes for the incumbent and 229,510 for the PPP/C.
It's actually quite clear, they are from his cacahole and designed to let the incumbent government win and access all that lovely black gold.

eliteauto
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby eliteauto » July 12th, 2020, 10:59 pm

Mr. Lowenfield has been fired

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » July 12th, 2020, 11:24 pm

^^^ he has his agenda

Cantmis
punchin NOS

Postby Cantmis » July 13th, 2020, 4:22 am

Everything in guyana is corrupt, a bribe is the norm!

De Dragon
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby De Dragon » July 13th, 2020, 5:41 am

eliteauto wrote:Mr. Lowenfield has been fired

He does photograph nice like we own? :lol:

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » July 13th, 2020, 5:52 am

what about the other commissioners who refused to come to the meeting to form a quorum ?

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » July 13th, 2020, 7:52 am

Cantmis wrote:Everything in guyana is corrupt, a bribe is the norm!

Same as in Trini but with more tracks covered

The_Honourable
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby The_Honourable » July 13th, 2020, 4:02 pm

GECOM Chair tells Lowenfield again to submit recount result by 2 pm tomorrow

GECOM Chair Claudette Singh today instructed CEO Keith Lowenfield to submit the results of the recount of the March 2nd elections by 2 pm tomorrow.

Importantly, Singh’s decision will show she is sticking to the recount which shows a win for the PPP/C and not Lowenfield’s most recent report which fraudulently sets a win for APNU+AFC.

Singh cited the ruling of the Caribbean Court of Justice when she gave the instruction to the CEO. Lowenfield has thrice before refused to deliver the recount result. It is unclear what will be different about today’s decision.

This majority decision came after hours of deliberations.

All six commissioners were in attendance at the meeting of the Guyana Elections Commission today which was intended to make crucial decisions on the fate of the recalcitrant Chief Election Officer (CEO) and the way forward in relation to the certification of the results of the March 2nd general elections.

Sources tell Stabroek News that a motion was informally placed before the meeting for Lowenfield’s dismissal.

The meeting got underway just after 10 am and continued until just after midday. It continued briefly at 2.30 pm. On Saturday, the three government-appointed commissioners were absent and so the scheduled meeting could not proceed.

Lowenfield’s defiance of explicit instructions by the GECOM Chair to present the results of the recount have seen mounting calls for his summary dismissal and a temporary appointment for the completion of the process.

Lowenfield’s report was the subject of much of the discussions this morning.

Source: https://www.stabroeknews.com/2020/07/13 ... m-meeting/

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » July 13th, 2020, 4:08 pm

^^^ Don't think he cares

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » July 13th, 2020, 5:34 pm

Cousins ,these ppl look like PNM ppl

https://youtu.be/Zw-UOn3-39s

bluefete
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby bluefete » July 13th, 2020, 7:13 pm

Sickening beyond belief.

The_Honourable
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby The_Honourable » July 13th, 2020, 7:24 pm

Update:

According to Commissioner Sase Gunraj, Chair of the Guyana Elections Commission (GECOM), Justice (ret’d) Claudette Singh has invalidated the March ten declarations which were being held in abeyance.

Gunraj, who spoke to the media outside of the GECOM head office in Kingston, related that the Chair made the decision today during the Commission meeting. Gunraj is of the view that this invalidation has also invalidated all reports submitted by Chief Elections Officer, Keith Lowenfield, which were based on those declarations, as a consequence.

Lowenfield was today instructed to submit his report tomorrow which reflects the results of the National Recount. Failure to so will result in his duties being transferred to the Deputy CEO, Roxanne Myers.

Source: https://www.kaieteurnewsonline.com/2020 ... ce-gunraj/

The_Honourable
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby The_Honourable » July 14th, 2020, 4:05 pm

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF.......

GECOM meeting deferred because of new court matter

A key meeting of GECOM today on the results of the March 2nd general elections was deferred after a new legal action was filed.

GECOM Commissioners Charles Corbin and Vincent Alexander told reporters today that in keeping with established practice the Commission usually awaits the completion of these matters before proceeding .

Corbin says they have been told that the matter is to come up before Chief Justice Roxane George tomorrow at 10 am.

The court filing is seeking to have the 10 declarations submitted by embattled Chief Election Officer Keith Lowenfield used for the finalising of the election result. These 10 declarations were set aside yesterday by the GECOM Chair Claudette Singh. The chair insisted again that Lowenfield present the results of the recount which show a victory for the PPP/C. If Lowenfield had failed today to deliver, his deputy would have been tasked with the job.

The new motion will be seen as yet another attempt by APNU+AFC to stall the declaration of victory for the PPP/C. APNU+AFC and its supporters in GECOM have been accused of trying to rig the final outcome of the elections.

The international community has insisted that the recount result is the only legitimate basis for the declaration. Lowenfield’s tally fraudulently gives the election win to APNU+AFC.

Source: https://www.stabroeknews.com/2020/07/14 ... rt-matter/

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » July 14th, 2020, 4:12 pm

So no word from caricom on this issuse.

Had this been a perceive indi goverment then all the black caricom counties should have been in uproar

The_Honourable
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby The_Honourable » July 14th, 2020, 5:11 pm

zoom rader wrote:So no word from caricom on this issuse.

Had this been a perceive indi goverment then all the black caricom counties should have been in uproar

Yeah the commented about it, basically APNU+AFC on shi*t and use the recount votes. APNU+AFC officials was angry with Mia Mottley.

toyolink
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby toyolink » July 14th, 2020, 5:45 pm

What an almighty mess this 2020 elections in Guyana is turning out to be.
The only good thing so far is that civil unrest hasn't been evident thus far.
A country without a viable govt for more than a year must be sending chills down the spines of possible investors.

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”