Forums

Future of Caribbean Airlines

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

hover11
TriniTuner 24-7

Re: Future of Caribbean Airlines

Postby hover11 » June 24th, 2021, 2:22 pm

These are the rare instances I have to agree with zoom. Why fire them and then to inevitably rehire them and if you could fire them why wasn't this done since the closure of the boarders, why wait until losses were sustained
zoom rader wrote:^^^^ Red government employees in CAL will make a killing and then get hired back.

Trinidad take bull

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby MaxPower » June 24th, 2021, 2:54 pm

zoom rader wrote:^^^^ Red government employees in CAL will make a killing and then get hired back.

Trinidad take bull

Zoom,

That’s true.

Bear in mind that many employees in high salary positions were home and STILL collecting a salary for over a year only to be sent home with hundreds of thousands and then called back in the near future.

Its a nice bonus for the Covid.

Dohplaydat
punchin NOS

Postby Dohplaydat » June 24th, 2021, 3:27 pm

Y'all do know CAL was operating throughout the Caribbean right through the Pandemic, thank god other countries did not close borders. It's not most of them were home scratching.

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby MaxPower » June 24th, 2021, 4:04 pm

50k salary for a pilot being sent home is a nice piece of change.

CB Style
Sweet on this forum

Postby CB Style » June 25th, 2021, 5:51 pm

Habit7 wrote:
CB Style wrote:So the only CEO was Dilollo?
Or if it was before it was during the PP? Do you PNMites remember anything prior to 2010?
And right here is why I first call you a sheep. You seemed oblivious to PNM wrongs but quick to call out PP as if everything went wiring, not only in the airline but the country during 2010-2015.
I didn’t lose no argument here child. I just won at pointing out the behavior or the sheeples and paid bloggers.
Now if you want to continue, go to your source and find out about a previous CEO and the ATR acquisition. I’ll give you a hint. It was under the PNM administration. Try to to resort to calling it false and gossip if you don’t know. Now run along my littlest hobo...

The ATRs were acquired under the PP admina. Jack Warner vehemently opposed it and Kamla split the Ministry of Works and Transport and created a Ministry of Transport without JW which became the line ministry of CAL and the deal went ahead. https://www.guardian.co.tt/news/nichola ... 19687c4a30

You are racist and ignorant.

Hello Dumb Cant7,
Is this your source? You have insider info on salary range but then quoting PNM media to get your point across?
Here are the events that you and the red devils would either like no one to talk about or just plain naive.
The ATR deal was going on long before the PP got in to government in May 2010. So much so, a team of Executives (Maintenance, Flight Operations, Quality) went to France and negotiated the deal. A deal that would allow for free initial pilot training, maintenance/engineering and possibly CAL's own simulator installed at Piarco's head office. The deal was so sweet that the then CEO Brunty (who is a known PNM puppet) together with the LOK Jack led board was adamant on the ATR acquirement.
When PP came in and reviewed the deal, they were concerned about it and wanted to approach Bombardier for talks about the DH8-Q400. One of the reasons they didn't want the ATR is because it was a new generation if ATR aircraft and didn't want to be the guinea pig for it. Unlike the Q400's which was in service for approx. 5 years by that time.
However, there was no time to negotiate a deal with Bombardier because the PNM CEO and Board team had long before told the Lessors of the Dash 8-300 that they were no longer going to operate them and subsequently signed them OFF to two other Operators in Canada. This is what led to the dismiss of CEO Brunty Boo and the George Nicolas board had no choice but to accept the ATR aircraft because they would have been in a situation where they would not have any turbo-props to service the airbridge and the regionals.
You dumb PNM jackasses would like to sell the story about the PNM had CAL profitable but the PP didn't. In actual fact, the PNM laid the foundation on the ATR acquirement and did all to make sure it was carried through. SO you go ahead and keep saying that PP gov't bought the ATR which was the wrong aircraft but just know that it was your blood type that did it.
Now that's something you wouldn't see in the PNM controlled media.

CB Style
Sweet on this forum

Postby CB Style » June 25th, 2021, 5:57 pm

Dizzy28 wrote:
Habit7 wrote:
sMASH wrote:when the borders reopen, ent they would have to rehire a lot of them as the business ramps up?

Pick your struggle, one minute you saying they should hold on to them for when business ramps up. Now you are saying they take too long to fire them.

The company has to wait to assess the outlook and then make a decision.

You all are not criticising based on any principle, you are just looking to see what PNM does and then rush to say it is bad. But when the CAL was raking in profits (something the PP never achieved) you were silent.

Not to pick a political fight here but you keep talking profits. Surely even if not an accountant you must know those years of years of profit CAL announced were both un-audited and operational not EBITDA.
If you have links for audited financial statements for the years of profitability I welcome those.

And this is not to say I don't think Medera has done well in his time thus far.

Yes, Dumbo7 likes to cherry pick his way with CAL. Notice he said CAL was "raking in profits". He'll probably quote a newspaper article saying CAL made profits but did the really?

CB Style
Sweet on this forum

Postby CB Style » June 25th, 2021, 6:00 pm

MaxPower wrote:
Gladiator wrote:How hard would it be to diversify part of CAL into a regional skybox company. Just a thought. They done have the pilots, the planes, the logistical workers and the CSRs... could be a lifeline till things go back to normal.

Gladman,

Excellent thinking.

Unfortunately i cannot say the same for those that made the decision to discontinue the two 767s they had.

Another airline is actually using them for cargo and making a mint.

They are doing some cargo though with the current equipment.

I understand that the LGW route was a loss but they should have never gotten rid of the 767s. DO you know that CAL was still paying for them up to 10 months after its last flight? These are the jackasses we the taxpayers now have to bail out.

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby MaxPower » June 25th, 2021, 6:28 pm

CB Style wrote:I understand that the LGW route was a loss but they should have never gotten rid of the 767s. DO you know that CAL was still paying for them up to 10 months after its last flight? These are the jackasses we the taxpayers now have to bail out.

Hear na, tell me about it yes. Those 767s had SO much potential. The 767 is perfect for the Guyana/North America routes where payload and fuel is always tight with costly fuel stops/ERA flight plans being required at times. Short runway? Runway construction at Guyana’s airport is now complete!

Im not sure what the revised runway length is but its no longer the restrictive 7448ft. A longer runway will give us better performance i.e Maximum Takeoff weight resulting in more payload. What more do you want for a wide body? But NO, send a 737 with the passengers and send their bags the next day.

Over and over and over these reckless and deceitful decisions are made and as you said, the tax payers just simply PAY to “fix” it and then the process restarts all over again.

Habit7
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Habit7 » June 25th, 2021, 6:35 pm

CB Style wrote:
Habit7 wrote:
Or if it was before it was during the PP? Do you PNMites remember anything prior to 2010?
And right here is why I first call you a sheep. You seemed oblivious to PNM wrongs but quick to call out PP as if everything went wiring, not only in the airline but the country during 2010-2015.
I didn’t lose no argument here child. I just won at pointing out the behavior or the sheeples and paid bloggers.
Now if you want to continue, go to your source and find out about a previous CEO and the ATR acquisition. I’ll give you a hint. It was under the PNM administration. Try to to resort to calling it false and gossip if you don’t know. Now run along my littlest hobo...

The ATRs were acquired under the PP admina. Jack Warner vehemently opposed it and Kamla split the Ministry of Works and Transport and created a Ministry of Transport without JW which became the line ministry of CAL and the deal went ahead. https://www.guardian.co.tt/news/nichola ... 19687c4a30

Hello Dumb Cant7,
Is this your source? You have insider info on salary range but then quoting PNM media to get your point across?
Here are the events that you and the red devils would either like no one to talk about or just plain naive.
The ATR deal was going on long before the PP got in to government in May 2010. So much so, a team of Executives (Maintenance, Flight Operations, Quality) went to France and negotiated the deal. A deal that would allow for free initial pilot training, maintenance/engineering and possibly CAL's own simulator installed at Piarco's head office. The deal was so sweet that the then CEO Brunty (who is a known PNM puppet) together with the LOK Jack led board was adamant on the ATR acquirement.
When PP came in and reviewed the deal, they were concerned about it and wanted to approach Bombardier for talks about the DH8-Q400. One of the reasons they didn't want the ATR is because it was a new generation if ATR aircraft and didn't want to be the guinea pig for it. Unlike the Q400's which was in service for approx. 5 years by that time.
However, there was no time to negotiate a deal with Bombardier because the PNM CEO and Board team had long before told the Lessors of the Dash 8-300 that they were no longer going to operate them and subsequently signed them OFF to two other Operators in Canada. This is what led to the dismiss of CEO Brunty Boo and the George Nicolas board had no choice but to accept the ATR aircraft because they would have been in a situation where they would not have any turbo-props to service the airbridge and the regionals.
You dumb PNM jackasses would like to sell the story about the PNM had CAL profitable but the PP didn't. In actual fact, the PNM laid the foundation on the ATR acquirement and did all to make sure it was carried through. SO you go ahead and keep saying that PP gov't bought the ATR which was the wrong aircraft but just know that it was your blood type that did it.

When you ranting, talk sense nah.

The PNM appointed board never finalised any deal with ATR or Bombardier. When you talk nonsense about PP wanted to approach Bombardier, here is Bombardier director of sales saying the PP gave them no response to their aggressive price and offer for TT to be Bombardier Recommended Service Facility for its Q100/200/300/400 product lines. https://www.guardian.co.tt/article-6.2. ... 9a61042b08

We have an ATR flight simulator yet?

And the media is not PNM when it contradicts your narrative.

bluefete
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby bluefete » June 25th, 2021, 6:37 pm

It does not matter as long as the politicians, their wives and families could get free flights on CAL.

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby MaxPower » June 25th, 2021, 6:48 pm

bluefete wrote:It does not matter as long as the politicians, their wives and families could get free flights on CAL.

CAL must fly.

Habit7
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Habit7 » June 25th, 2021, 6:52 pm

CB Style wrote:I understand that the LGW route was a loss but they should have never gotten rid of the 767s. DO you know that CAL was still paying for them up to 10 months after its last flight? These are the jackasses we the taxpayers now have to bail out.

Yea so who made the decision to acquire the 767s and who stopped it thus allowing the said costs?

CB Style
Sweet on this forum

Postby CB Style » June 25th, 2021, 6:57 pm

Habit7 wrote:
CB Style wrote:
Habit7 wrote:

Hello Dumb Cant7,

The PNM appointed board never finalised any deal with ATR or Bombardier. When you talk nonsense about PP wanted to approach Bombardier, here is Bombardier director of sales saying the PP gave them no response to their aggressive price and offer for TT to be Bombardier Recommended Service Facility for its Q100/200/300/400 product lines. https://www.guardian.co.tt/article-6.2. ... 9a61042b08

So when you disagree with someone, that means they ranting?
Velcro loose again? Tighten back before you have a spillage.
Now read again dumbcant7....
The PNM board did all the foundation. So much so the new appointees could not have retracted anything because the deal was already finalized with the outgoing Dash 8-300. I don't know how simpler to put it for you. If you too dumb then its all on your wothless parents who didn't give a f*** about your learning.

daring dragoon
18 pounds of Boost

Postby daring dragoon » June 25th, 2021, 7:00 pm

Conviasa-Airlines.jpg

they looking to expand?

CB Style
Sweet on this forum

Postby CB Style » June 25th, 2021, 7:01 pm

MaxPower wrote:
bluefete wrote:It does not matter as long as the politicians, their wives and families could get free flights on CAL.

CAL must fly.

Yep , ask Impsy wife how she does end up in B/C all the time without paying a cent and on top of that, get additional baggage waivers.
dumbcant7 wouldn't comment on that

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » June 25th, 2021, 7:07 pm

Habit7 wrote:
CB Style wrote:
Habit7 wrote:

Hello Dumb Cant7,

How much longer your going to say PP coulda, shoulda and woulda?

No one cares about PP/UNC, they not in power nor are they the ones that are managing CAL.

The red government is managing CAL and the buck stops by them , not PP or UNC.

I swear the way your does carry on UNC in power

Habit7
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Habit7 » June 25th, 2021, 7:36 pm

CB Style wrote:
So when you disagree with someone, that means they ranting?
Velcro loose again? Tighten back before you have a spillage.
Now read again dumbcant7....
The PNM board did all the foundation. So much so the new appointees could not have retracted anything because the deal was already finalized with the outgoing Dash 8-300. I don't know how simpler to put it for you. If you too dumb then its all on your wothless parents who didn't give a f*** about your learning.

Another rant.

Too much cussing and ad hominen and not enough facts
The PNM board made no commitment to any manufacturer. They had options from both and they made a choice and there was disagreement. Nothing you say can refute that.

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby MaxPower » June 25th, 2021, 7:50 pm

CB Style wrote:
MaxPower wrote:

CAL must fly.

Yep , ask Impsy wife how she does end up in B/C all the time without paying a cent and on top of that, get additional baggage waivers.

I can answer that for you.

Use her son’s rebates tickets which does NOT entitle him or users to B/C unless he worked more than 5 years and uses his 2 per year allotment OR…buy the cheapest ticket and be automatically upgraded by the counter staff after they received “that” phone call.

sam1978
Riding on 16's

Postby sam1978 » June 25th, 2021, 8:34 pm

Max, how many years you work CAL ? Or by it’s former name .

CB Style
Sweet on this forum

Postby CB Style » June 25th, 2021, 8:43 pm

Habit7 wrote:

Yea so who made the decision to acquire the 767s and who stopped it thus allowing the said costs?

I don't know if you get your info about CAL when you taking pipe from Impsy Jr. but clearly you so are more dumber than the usual crazy baldhead.
The plan was to discontinue the LGW flights and all other transatlantic flights that were planned. The 767s were scheduled to continue POS-GEO-JFK-GEO-POS five times a week and POS-GEO-YYZ-GEO-POS 2 times a week until the lease is over. Additionally, a seasonal POS-MIA-POS was planned as well. However, The Oreo and his rodents came into power in September 2015 and guest what...
the last B767 flight was in January 14th,2016 then both went to fly for Air Canada Rouge March/April 2016 while CAL was still paying for the lease.
Dumbcant7, I don't know if your PNM education allows you to understand this but to answer your question, The PNM insisted on giving back the 767s. They did it despite CAL still had to pay a lease that another airline enjoyed but just an attempt to make the PP look like they were wasting funds. You know, kinda like what you are trying to do on this thread but failing miserably.

CB Style
Sweet on this forum

Postby CB Style » June 25th, 2021, 8:44 pm

MaxPower wrote:
CB Style wrote:
MaxPower wrote:

CAL must fly.

I can answer that for you.

Use her son’s rebates tickets which does NOT entitle him or users to B/C unless he worked more than 5 years and uses his 2 per year allotment OR…buy the cheapest ticket and be automatically upgraded by the counter staff after they received “that” phone call.

Hmmmm,
Disgusting but I guess this is OK to the PNMites.

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby MaxPower » June 25th, 2021, 9:36 pm

sam1978 wrote:Max, how many years you work CAL ? Or by it’s former name .

Samlal,

I don’t work for CAL.

I travel very often and over the years you tend to find yourself in the loop.

Who renewed their US visa recently?

No interview was required for my application so i submitted my documents with TTpost as instructed.

Any idea of the wait period?

Habit7
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Habit7 » June 25th, 2021, 11:41 pm

CB Style wrote:
Habit7 wrote:

I don't know if you get your info about CAL when you taking pipe from Impsy Jr. but clearly you so are more dumber than the usual crazy baldhead.
The plan was to discontinue the LGW flights and all other transatlantic flights that were planned. The 767s were scheduled to continue POS-GEO-JFK-GEO-POS five times a week and POS-GEO-YYZ-GEO-POS 2 times a week until the lease is over. Additionally, a seasonal POS-MIA-POS was planned as well. However, The Oreo and his rodents came into power in September 2015 and guest what...
the last B767 flight was in January 14th,2016 then both went to fly for Air Canada Rouge March/April 2016 while CAL was still paying for the lease.
Dumbcant7, I don't know if your PNM education allows you to understand this but to answer your question, The PNM insisted on giving back the 767s. They did it despite CAL still had to pay a lease that another airline enjoyed but just an attempt to make the PP look like they were wasting funds. You know, kinda like what you are trying to do on this thread but failing miserably.

How did I know you were going to shove your foot in your mouth?

CAL under the PP with Minister Howai planned that they would stop the POS-LGW route and return the 2 B767s https://www.guardian.co.tt/article-6.2.367941.e3ef1eaf7c

They said the primary reason for this was because of the equipment. The 767 made the route unprofitable because of its operation cost even so PP in their wisdom used it on the airbridge to Tobago. https://www.guardian.co.tt/article-6.2. ... 25b37bf062

It was already lined up to go to Air Canada Rouge long before the govt changed. I know that because I posted about it the Sunday before 2015 elections viewtopic.php?p=8859845#p8859845

The aircraft was running at such a loss that it was cheaper to ground it than to fly it. I know of no scenario of us paying the lease while it was flying for Air Canada Rouge. But unlike you I don't rant, I bring facts so I don't look like a fool when a narrative like yours is contradicted by the facts.

Redman
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Redman » June 26th, 2021, 7:58 am

It's funny that the people who 'know' come with long post but no verifiable third party info, and a set of petulance with the labels and name calling.

Plenty heat ...no light.

CB provide some proof of what you're saying.

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » June 26th, 2021, 9:02 am

Habit7 wrote:
CB Style wrote:
Habit7 wrote:

CAL under the PP with Minister Howai planned that they would stop the POS-LGW route and return the 2 B767s https://www.guardian.co.tt/article-6.2.367941.e3ef1eaf7c

They said the primary reason for this was because of the equipment. The 767 made the route unprofitable because of its operation cost even so PP in their wisdom used it on the airbridge to Tobago. https://www.guardian.co.tt/article-6.2. ... 25b37bf062

It was already lined up to go to Air Canada Rouge long before the govt changed. I know that because I posted about it the Sunday before 2015 elections viewtopic.php?p=8859845#p8859845

The aircraft was running at such a loss that it was cheaper to ground it than to fly it. I know of no scenario of us paying the lease while it was flying for Air Canada Rouge. But unlike you I don't rant, I bring facts so I don't look like a fool when a narrative like yours is contradicted by the facts.
Why you going back to PP ? If planned and nutting took place then it equals ZERO.

Red government is in power and the are responsible for CAL ills.

Habit7
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Habit7 » June 26th, 2021, 9:50 am

zoom rader wrote:Why you going back to PP ? If planned and nutting took place then it equals ZERO.

When you going back to the late Manning and Petrosingh nobody tells you it is not relevant. You have yourself and the several burner accounts you manage to speak your mind. If you think a topic is irrelevant to you, dont respond to it.

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » June 26th, 2021, 11:17 am

Habit7 wrote:
zoom rader wrote:Why you going back to PP ? If planned and nutting took place then it equals ZERO.

When you going back to the late Manning and Petrosingh nobody tells you it is not relevant. You have yourself and the several burner accounts you manage to speak your mind. If you think a topic is irrelevant to you, dont respond to it.
Cause Manning said it !

It was not a case of coulda, woulda or shoulda. It happened.

What you presenting are things that never happened and a sidestep to how badly this government is performing

The red government in charge and they solely are responsible for Trinidad sad state of affairs.

UNC is not in power nor are they important at this stage.

Habit7
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Habit7 » June 26th, 2021, 12:00 pm

zoom rader wrote:
Habit7 wrote:

Cause Manning said it !

Manning is not relevant. He is dead and not in power.

CB Style
Sweet on this forum

Postby CB Style » June 26th, 2021, 12:09 pm

Habit7 wrote:
zoom rader wrote:
Habit7 wrote:

Cause Manning said it !

Manning is not relevant. He is dead and not in power.

Yes, the best PNM is ah dead PNM...may he rest in hell with the other previous orangutans we had for a PM. :D :D :D

CB Style
Sweet on this forum

Postby CB Style » June 26th, 2021, 12:12 pm

Habit7 wrote:
CB Style wrote:
Habit7 wrote:

nothing you quoted here contradicts anything I said. What about the lease CAL paid for. Go to your PNM media and find that article nah. If you can't then go by Adrian for your daily banana (only one though) and a sip of your balisier juice.
ind the lease agreement and wheel and come again.....Jackass

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”