Re: The plan for opening back up after Covid lockdown

Postby redmanjp » May 11th, 2020, 6:35 pm

i think these are Kentucky Fried Chicks

Strugglerzinc
punchin NOS

Postby Strugglerzinc » May 11th, 2020, 6:40 pm

redmanjp wrote:i think these are Kentucky Fried Chicks

Those chickens have been fasting along with their owners at Arawak.

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » May 11th, 2020, 6:43 pm

cyah please allyuh at all eh

Rovin
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Rovin » May 11th, 2020, 6:46 pm

even TTT news story says they didnt see any mad rush for fast food today

well this is really unexpected ... maybe in part due to how alot of ppl lost income over d past 2mths

Country_Bookie
punchin NOS

Postby Country_Bookie » May 11th, 2020, 6:47 pm

abducted wrote:Oil is not bad, KFC is healthier then eating doubles, it is the flour and carbs that makes you fat and causes diabetes, a KFC center breast or side breast is much healthier than a doubles or sada roti
This is like saying it healthier to drink roundup than lanate.

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby MaxPower » May 11th, 2020, 7:39 pm

Country_Bookie wrote:
abducted wrote:Oil is not bad, KFC is healthier then eating doubles, it is the flour and carbs that makes you fat and causes diabetes, a KFC center breast or side breast is much healthier than a doubles or sada roti
This is like saying it healthier to drink roundup than lanate.

Hahaha exactly.

Rovin
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Rovin » May 11th, 2020, 7:43 pm

Rovin wrote:even TTT news story says they didnt see any mad rush for fast food today

well this is really unexpected ... maybe in part due to how alot of ppl lost income over d past 2mths

even tv6 say d same thing ...

Duane 3NE 2NR
Admin

Postby Duane 3NE 2NR » May 11th, 2020, 8:04 pm

speedmelter
18 pounds of Boost

Postby speedmelter » May 11th, 2020, 8:05 pm

It good.. hope this covid 19 made the population realize how much money we waste daily behind random snacks, play whey, beer, Soft drink.. fast food etc without keeping check.

When it first happened apart from buying groceries and paying bills initially, I didn’t touch my wallet for a while. That was so amazing

redmanjp
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby redmanjp » May 11th, 2020, 8:26 pm

probably lack of money, or ppl get accustom to cooking d past few weeks? or nervous about anticipated crowds and getting corona?

rspann
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby rspann » May 11th, 2020, 8:27 pm

If KFC boss man did know they opening back restaurants this week , he coulda capitalize on the cheap chicken deals by Arawak last week .

Dohplaydat
punchin NOS

Postby Dohplaydat » May 11th, 2020, 8:30 pm

speedmelter wrote:It good.. hope this covid 19 made the population realize how much money we waste daily behind random snacks, play whey, beer, Soft drink.. fast food etc without keeping check.

When it first happened apart from buying groceries and paying bills initially, I didn’t touch my wallet for a while. That was so amazing

Get off your high horse and let people spend money where they want. At least spending on many of these things keeps thousands employed.

Gladiator
punchin NOS

Postby Gladiator » May 11th, 2020, 9:00 pm

speedmelter wrote:It good.. hope this covid 19 made the population realize how much money we waste daily behind random snacks, play whey, beer, Soft drink.. fast food etc without keeping check.

That's the hard truth... I work with a guy and he buys food everyday between $40 and $60 and two days is either KFC or Burger King. Then always watching other people car and complaining that he cyar a replace he ole car.

hydroep
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby hydroep » May 12th, 2020, 8:42 am

Royal Castle bitter as KFC enjoys smooth restart
Chester Sambrano

Prestige Holdings CEO Simon Hardy has defended his company in the face of allegations it benefitted from information it had ahead of yesterday’s restarting of KFC restaurants as food businesses reopened in phase one of Government’s COVID-19 reopening plan.

The complaint was made by KFC’s main competitor Royal Castle, whose management was upset after they could not open all their restaurants in time for the start of business yesterday because they could not get a full supply of chicken from their providers.

In contrast to Royal Castle, KFC was able to reopen the majority of their outlets and drew hundreds of customers who had been starved of it for month after Government closed all food business as part of the COVID-19 lockdown measures.

But Hardy said they were simply well prepared to restart and had made arrangements with their chicken suppliers, Arawak Limited, so once Government gave the go-ahead to reopen they would be ready.

“There is absolutely no truth to the allegation. We found out just like the rest of the country did, just shortly after 2 pm on Saturday,” Hardy said as he rubbished the suggestion yesterday.

“This rumour or allegation, I expect has started because people saw Arawak chicken trucks delivering chicken to our stores on Friday, which is where it started from. And what that is, is we were packing hampers for our staff - 2,700 hampers, that were paid for by the Victor and Sally Mouttet Foundation.

“So I was part of the team packing hampers on Friday with 100 other volunteers and we provided hampers to all our hourly paid staff - you know like powdered milk and rice and pasta and beans and those sorts of stuff. Just to tide people over during this difficult time.”

He said Awards sponsored half the cost of the frozen chicken for the employees and this was delivered to various restaurants on Saturday to be distributed with the hampers.

“That is the fact. Whether a Trini wants to go and believe that or figure that’s a cover story, that’s obviously up to public. I can give you the facts as I have them...From my side of view, categorically, we had no advance notice and there was no preferential treatment whatsoever,” Hardy said, adding KFC will deliver another 513 hampers to monthly paid workers on Thursday.

Prestige Holdings is the parent company of KFC, Subway, TGI Fridays, Starbucks and Pizza Hut.

However, a senior Royal Castle executive expressed grave concerns about their competitor’s apparent edge. The executive, who did not want to be named, said the company prides itself on supplying fresh chicken from the farm but for this to happen, suppliers have to deliver daily.

He said in the current scenario where the announcement was only made by Prime Minister Dr Keith Rowley on Saturday, they were not in a position to mobilise to be fully ready for yesterday. The executive noted, however, that some other chicken operators were not in the same position.

“I find it funny that an announcement could be made to open fast-food restaurants and there were others who were prepared to open,” he said, noting that as late as midday yesterday, all Royal Castle locations remained closed due to a lack of chicken.

Based on information Guardian Media received, the first delivery to Royal Castle outlets from their supplier, Nutrimix, took place around 2 pm.

“I am very disappointed,” the executive said.

Director at Church’s Chicken Anthony Sabga Aboud also said they considered several scenarios ahead of the Prime Minister’s news conference to ensure they would be ready. He said because of this, they put key suppliers on stand by and brought out staff over the weekend to prepare the stores and warehouse.

“We were able to get chicken in time to open the stores,” Sabga Aboud said.

Guardian Media contacted Nutrimix to find out how much advanced notice is needed to facilitate large orders to a restaurant such as Royal Castle. In a situation like the current one, its vice president Shameer Mohammed said, “We would have received orders from Royal Castle today (Monday) and we met delivery today (Monday).”

He said the order would have had to be placed yesterday because their offices are not open on Saturday.

But Arawak marketing director Robin Phillips said they had workers on standby on Saturday as they anticipated “good news” for the foodservice sector from the PM.

“We were ready from the time we listened to the Prime Minister on Saturday,” Phillips said.

He said they got calls and made arrangements to deliver on Sunday and yesterday.

But the Royal Castle executive said they did not give their suppliers prior notice because “we did not know what he (the Prime Minister) was going to announce.”

He accused KFC of having information which enabled them to mobilise faster. Notwithstanding the chicken issues, he said everything else was in place to welcome customers. He said during the closure the company put things in place to ensure physical distancing, proper hygiene and sanitation measures would be in place for the reopening.

http://www.guardian.co.tt/news/royal-castle-bitter-as-kfc-enjoys-smooth-restart-6.2.1114740.c2c515c6d5

Dizzy28
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Dizzy28 » May 12th, 2020, 9:16 am

hydroep wrote:
Royal Castle bitter as KFC enjoys smooth restart
Chester Sambrano

Prestige Holdings CEO Simon Hardy has defended his company in the face of allegations it benefitted from information it had ahead of yesterday’s restarting of KFC restaurants as food businesses reopened in phase one of Government’s COVID-19 reopening plan.

The complaint was made by KFC’s main competitor Royal Castle, whose management was upset after they could not open all their restaurants in time for the start of business yesterday because they could not get a full supply of chicken from their providers.

In contrast to Royal Castle, KFC was able to reopen the majority of their outlets and drew hundreds of customers who had been starved of it for month after Government closed all food business as part of the COVID-19 lockdown measures.

But Hardy said they were simply well prepared to restart and had made arrangements with their chicken suppliers, Arawak Limited, so once Government gave the go-ahead to reopen they would be ready.

“There is absolutely no truth to the allegation. We found out just like the rest of the country did, just shortly after 2 pm on Saturday,” Hardy said as he rubbished the suggestion yesterday.

“This rumour or allegation, I expect has started because people saw Arawak chicken trucks delivering chicken to our stores on Friday, which is where it started from. And what that is, is we were packing hampers for our staff - 2,700 hampers, that were paid for by the Victor and Sally Mouttet Foundation.

“So I was part of the team packing hampers on Friday with 100 other volunteers and we provided hampers to all our hourly paid staff - you know like powdered milk and rice and pasta and beans and those sorts of stuff. Just to tide people over during this difficult time.”

He said Awards sponsored half the cost of the frozen chicken for the employees and this was delivered to various restaurants on Saturday to be distributed with the hampers.

“That is the fact. Whether a Trini wants to go and believe that or figure that’s a cover story, that’s obviously up to public. I can give you the facts as I have them...From my side of view, categorically, we had no advance notice and there was no preferential treatment whatsoever,” Hardy said, adding KFC will deliver another 513 hampers to monthly paid workers on Thursday.

Prestige Holdings is the parent company of KFC, Subway, TGI Fridays, Starbucks and Pizza Hut.

However, a senior Royal Castle executive expressed grave concerns about their competitor’s apparent edge. The executive, who did not want to be named, said the company prides itself on supplying fresh chicken from the farm but for this to happen, suppliers have to deliver daily.

He said in the current scenario where the announcement was only made by Prime Minister Dr Keith Rowley on Saturday, they were not in a position to mobilise to be fully ready for yesterday. The executive noted, however, that some other chicken operators were not in the same position.

“I find it funny that an announcement could be made to open fast-food restaurants and there were others who were prepared to open,” he said, noting that as late as midday yesterday, all Royal Castle locations remained closed due to a lack of chicken.

Based on information Guardian Media received, the first delivery to Royal Castle outlets from their supplier, Nutrimix, took place around 2 pm.

“I am very disappointed,” the executive said.

Director at Church’s Chicken Anthony Sabga Aboud also said they considered several scenarios ahead of the Prime Minister’s news conference to ensure they would be ready. He said because of this, they put key suppliers on stand by and brought out staff over the weekend to prepare the stores and warehouse.

“We were able to get chicken in time to open the stores,” Sabga Aboud said.

Guardian Media contacted Nutrimix to find out how much advanced notice is needed to facilitate large orders to a restaurant such as Royal Castle. In a situation like the current one, its vice president Shameer Mohammed said, “We would have received orders from Royal Castle today (Monday) and we met delivery today (Monday).”

He said the order would have had to be placed yesterday because their offices are not open on Saturday.

But Arawak marketing director Robin Phillips said they had workers on standby on Saturday as they anticipated “good news” for the foodservice sector from the PM.

“We were ready from the time we listened to the Prime Minister on Saturday,” Phillips said.

He said they got calls and made arrangements to deliver on Sunday and yesterday.

But the Royal Castle executive said they did not give their suppliers prior notice because “we did not know what he (the Prime Minister) was going to announce.”

He accused KFC of having information which enabled them to mobilise faster. Notwithstanding the chicken issues, he said everything else was in place to welcome customers. He said during the closure the company put things in place to ensure physical distancing, proper hygiene and sanitation measures would be in place for the reopening.

http://www.guardian.co.tt/news/royal-castle-bitter-as-kfc-enjoys-smooth-restart-6.2.1114740.c2c515c6d5

Galbaransingh and Kui Tung have anything to do with RC anymore?

Duane 3NE 2NR
Admin

Postby Duane 3NE 2NR » May 12th, 2020, 9:18 am

But some Royal Castle Outlets were open yesterday.
I saw photos posted on social media

lalloboy101
Sweet on this forum

Postby lalloboy101 » May 12th, 2020, 9:54 am

Soca singer Sean Padmore, aka Hey Choppi, was among the first people to buy doubles at the corner of O'Meara Road and the Churchill Roosevelt Highway, Arima on Monday. Restrictions set by the government are being phased out to reopen the economy. - ANGELO_MARCELLE

matr1x
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby matr1x » May 12th, 2020, 10:23 am

The lines by subway were non existent

K74T
TunerGod

Postby K74T » May 12th, 2020, 10:27 am

lalloboy101 wrote:Image

Soca singer Sean Padmore, aka Hey Choppi, was among the first people to buy doubles at the corner of O'Meara Road and the Churchill Roosevelt Highway, Arima on Monday. Restrictions set by the government are being phased out to reopen the economy. - ANGELO_MARCELLE

What a jack

Dohplaydat
punchin NOS

Postby Dohplaydat » May 12th, 2020, 11:02 am

matr1x wrote:The lines by subway were non existent

Makes sense, who the f*ck was craving subway this last month

Dizzy28
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Dizzy28 » May 12th, 2020, 11:06 am

Dohplaydat wrote:
matr1x wrote:The lines by subway were non existent

Makes sense, who the f*ck was craving subway this last month

Lol!!!

meccalli
punchin NOS

Postby meccalli » May 12th, 2020, 11:32 am

Dohplaydat wrote:

Get off your high horse and let people spend money where they want. At least spending on many of these things keeps thousands employed.

Yeah, it also keeps one enslaved to their palate and all those meds they take for metabolic syndrome so you can continue to eat crap, and burden the healthcare system with expenses related to obesity, diabetes and heart disease. Let's continue to to pay for the self imposed lifestyle diseases of others, because they can't control what they put in their mouth.
But hey, the more sick people we have, more employment opportunities right?

Dohplaydat
punchin NOS

Postby Dohplaydat » May 12th, 2020, 11:49 am

meccalli wrote:
Dohplaydat wrote:

Yeah, it also keeps one enslaved to their palate and all those meds they take for metabolic syndrome so you can continue to eat crap, and burden the healthcare system with expenses related to obesity, diabetes and heart disease. Let's continue to to pay for the self imposed lifestyle diseases of others, because they can't control what they put in their mouth.

It's their choice, they have enough education and knowledge to know its bad. And for that matter, you can't pick and choose the bad like what speedmelter is doing.

Was I wasting money on healthy foods if I bought? I've often found it just as expensive to cook food vs buying food.

Saving is good, but it isn't always good for the economy, especially in a time like this when almost all businesses have been hit hard.

Food for thought as I had to explain this to several people who just you speedmetler, was bad talking people's spending habits and boasting about saving.

Let's say 25% of the population decides that their extraneous entertainment budgets for restaurants, bars, movies etc were 'wastage'. That means all these businesses immediately see a decline of 25% revenue. It's obvious now that Covid-19 has also scared some people from these activities as well.

So most businesses instead of making profit, might barely break even. Who wants to break even? Am I setting up a business to make NET zero profit or loss? Am i running a charity? Nope. So now imagine if 10-20% of these businesses close down within a year.

That results in thousands of job losses. Who is hiring them? If they're out of work, they can't pay basic bills, groceries etc. So now all revenues from businesses drop. Now these businesses may lay off workers and close branches too as demand across the board falls.

So consequently you buffing up people telling them to stop buying fast food has resulted in you getting laid off at your so called 'safe' job.

Congrats, we now have a recession and an even larger dependent population.

So now your taxes go into supporting them rather than developing the country.

This isn't meant to bad talk saving, saving helps the economy at other times, especially when it can lead to a boom in investment and construction. But that is couple years away, right now we all need to do our part to support the economy.

maj. tom
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby maj. tom » May 12th, 2020, 12:36 pm

you jackass.

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » May 12th, 2020, 12:42 pm

Panties tight

Went guardian insurance Maraval rd
Security no longer wearing masks and hand sanitizing station no longer required

speedmelter
18 pounds of Boost

Postby speedmelter » May 12th, 2020, 1:27 pm

Dohplaydat wrote:
meccalli wrote:
Dohplaydat wrote:

It's their choice, they have enough education and knowledge to know its bad. And for that matter, you can't pick and choose the bad like what speedmelter is doing.

Was I wasting money on healthy foods if I bought? I've often found it just as expensive to cook food vs buying food.

Saving is good, but it isn't always good for the economy, especially in a time like this when almost all businesses have been hit hard.

Food for thought as I had to explain this to several people who just you speedmetler, was bad talking people's spending habits and boasting about saving.

Let's say 25% of the population decides that their extraneous entertainment budgets for restaurants, bars, movies etc were 'wastage'. That means all these businesses immediately see a decline of 25% revenue. It's obvious now that Covid-19 has also scared some people from these activities as well.

So most businesses instead of making profit, might barely break even. Who wants to break even? Am I setting up a business to make NET zero profit or loss? Am i running a charity? Nope. So now imagine if 10-20% of these businesses close down within a year.

That results in thousands of job losses. Who is hiring them? If they're out of work, they can't pay basic bills, groceries etc. So now all revenues from businesses drop. Now these businesses may lay off workers and close branches too as demand across the board falls.

So consequently you buffing up people telling them to stop buying fast food has resulted in you getting laid off at your so called 'safe' job.

Congrats, we now have a recession and an even larger dependent population.

So now your taxes go into supporting them rather than developing the country.

This isn't meant to bad talk saving, saving helps the economy at other times, especially when it can lead to a boom in investment and construction. But that is couple years away, right now we all need to do our part to support the economy.

Your logic is there but it only goes so far,
NO, most of the population are not educated about healthy eating,

i understand your ramble but if you develop an economic structure based on needing a population to be living a festive lifestyle, eating junk and the population having to spend 25 percent of their income on these activities just to sustain the economy, then that is failure from the get go, there is not going to be any real development from there go forward.

In trinidad we party for nonsense, i am guilty of it myself despite knowing the stupidity of it,

In a developed world people celebrate special occasions or the achievement of something good,

In trinidad we just wait for the weekend to drink a set of rum and be all over the place liming because its the weekend, and thats the stupid culture put into all the youths there are now. Its the men behind the curtain at the top who carefully crafted this society into this business model btw and they laugh at us so much.

meccalli
punchin NOS

Postby meccalli » May 12th, 2020, 1:30 pm

Dohplaydat wrote:Food for thought as I had to explain this to several people who just you speedmetler, was bad talking people's spending habits and boasting about saving.

My point isn't about saving money, it's about lifestyle decisions and purchasing options in an attempt to spare taxpayers both the economic brunt of self imposed associated ncd's and the cost on personal wellbeing and ultimately quality of life.

Your statement defends critique of persons' spending habits, the justification being that it provides employment.

First of all, there's healthy fast food options and secondly if people avoided fried chicken and doubles, it wouldn't cost either their jobs. Both cases have healthy options and can adapt to consumer demand if people choose to exhibit this. Already you see it in doubles where persons buy a cup of channa instead.
Change is never easy but if we continue to blind ourselves to the bigger picture and focus on short term satisfaction, we'll always be spinning our wheels and perpetuating a culture of death.
The entire concept of the lockdown is based on this very argument, what's the bigger picture and what do you value more? Lives or the economy? And if the economy is deemed to be essential to life, then the economy is simply unsustainable and is part of the problem ultimately.

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » May 12th, 2020, 1:37 pm

Correct, we are too damn greedy and obese.

When you go to countries like France and Italy with all the butter, bread, carbs and fancy food they eat
You will not see a fat person believe it or not.

meccalli wrote:
Dohplaydat wrote:Food for thought as I had to explain this to several people who just you speedmetler, was bad talking people's spending habits and boasting about saving.

My point isn't about saving money, it's about lifestyle decisions and purchasing options in an attempt to spare taxpayers both the economic brunt of self imposed associated ncd's and the cost on personal wellbeing and ultimately quality of life.

Your statement defends critique of persons' spending habits, the justification being that it provides employment.

First of all, there's healthy fast food options and secondly if people avoided fried chicken and doubles, it wouldn't cost either their jobs. Both cases have healthy options and can adapt to consumer demand if people choose to exhibit this. Already you see it in doubles where persons buy a cup of channa instead.
Change is never easy but if we continue to blind ourselves to the bigger picture and focus on short term satisfaction, we'll always be spinning our wheels and perpetuating a culture of death.
The entire concept of the lockdown is based on this very argument, what's the bigger picture and what do you value more? Lives or the economy? And if the economy is deemed to be essential to life, then the economy is simply unsustainable and is part of the problem ultimately.

maj. tom
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby maj. tom » May 12th, 2020, 1:41 pm

:lol: :lol: allyuh really trying to have a real discussion with Trinituner's "The Pretender" Daran? The worst compulsive pathological liar in Trinidad?

Just now he will make a new account and claim he is a cardiology-specialist (making $100k a day with several imaginary women around the world) and "eating doubles and KFC is ackshully healthy."
Last edited by maj. tom on May 12th, 2020, 1:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dohplaydat
punchin NOS

Postby Dohplaydat » May 12th, 2020, 1:43 pm

maj. tom wrote::lol: :lol: allyuh really trying to have a real discussion with Trinituner's "The Pretender" Daran? The worst compulsive pathological liar in Trinidad?

Just now he go make a new account and claim he is a cardiac-specialist (making $100k a day with several imaginary women around the world) and "eating doubles and KFC is ackshully healthy."

Leave them boy, my troll skills are leveling up.

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”