Forums

Taxi grant

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

torque 4 so
Riding on 13's

Taxi grant

Postby torque 4 so » May 26th, 2020, 12:57 pm

Good day tuners, can someone tell me the procedure / criteria for accessing the Taxi grant and is it the social welfare office it can be done, thanks

elec2020
12 pounds of Boost

Re: Taxi grant

Postby elec2020 » May 26th, 2020, 1:45 pm

Could be wrong... but i think the grant is for the taxi owners... as in the person whose name is on the CC... and not necessarily the driver of said vehicle... also please be aware that grants like these and the rental assistance will let the government know who is not filing taxes... and as a result may need to or be called on to do so in the future

SMc
punchin NOS

Postby SMc » May 26th, 2020, 4:37 pm

elec2020 wrote:.. also please be aware that grants like these and the rental assistance will let the government know who is not filing taxes... and as a result may need to or be called on to do so in the future

Whats wrong with that? For people to get grants etc they should have contributed to the pot to begin with, also payouts should be linked to how much tax peoples have payed when they declared their income-my thought

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » May 26th, 2020, 4:49 pm

SMc wrote:
elec2020 wrote:.. also please be aware that grants like these and the rental assistance will let the government know who is not filing taxes... and as a result may need to or be called on to do so in the future

Whats wrong with that? For people to get grants etc they should have contributed to the pot to begin with, also payouts should be linked to how much tax peoples have payed when they declared their income-my thought

the administrative costs on govt side and loss of production on the person side might make it more costly to do than the amounts recovered.

SMc
punchin NOS

Postby SMc » May 26th, 2020, 4:55 pm

sMASH wrote:
SMc wrote:

the administrative costs on govt side and loss of production on the person side might make it more costly to do than the amounts recovered.

please expand on this- I dont get what you are suggesting (honestly)

elec2020
12 pounds of Boost

Postby elec2020 » May 26th, 2020, 5:48 pm

SMc wrote:

I totally agree... i just warning people... if u are someone who for whatever reason choose to hid their taxes from the governnent... accessing these grants will open u up to the tax man... so be careful... cause if u cant explain your wealth... it may get seized or u may make a jail

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » May 26th, 2020, 6:24 pm

SMc wrote:
sMASH wrote:
SMc wrote:

please expand on this- I dont get what you are suggesting (honestly)

like how much do they make a month, like 6k, 10k? if u work with 8k, the amount above the personal allowance is 2k per month, and that is 24k per per year. 25% of that is 6k per year of tax to pay. but for a lot more taxi men than just one.

but that is gross income. if u take out the living expenses and vehicle maintenance, the deductibles, u might end up with an earnings of 1 or 2k per month. that not meeting the threshold of the personal allowance to fall into the taxable range.

but to collect that, u would have to hire staff to process, which is salaries, stationary, buildings, utilities, IT and IT techs, maintenance people. then u might have to send officers to do site visits to verify what going on(maybe, assuming the revenue authority decide to follow up).
and that is per month, not year. meem kno them salaries and costs, so cant estimate those. and then u would have to replicate that at various places around the country.

then now, the taxi man, will hadda take time to do up the paperwork then drop them off, which may take up time away from the road, and might hadda do it over if done incorrectly or lack of documentation, which is more time away from the road.

is all that extra overhead worth it to hustle a few hundred dollars from a man on the road exposed to all the hazards of society with little means of defence.

so based on the amounts, u might not be gaining all that much more in taxes... to me is like wringing blood from stone.. poor man stones.

now that is just thinking fairly. for me, i will declare i pulling between 5k and 6k per month all the time.

hustla_ambition101
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby hustla_ambition101 » May 26th, 2020, 6:56 pm

Taxi drivers according to the route makes significantly upward of 8k a month and with majority of them getting free cng kits their overheads have dropped.

paid_influencer
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Postby paid_influencer » May 26th, 2020, 6:59 pm

hustla_ambition101 wrote:Taxi drivers according to the route makes significantly upward of 8k a month and with majority of them getting free cng kits their overheads have dropped.

that is 8k/month, after expenses? I have no idea how much they make.

2ndchance
Sweet on this forum

Postby 2ndchance » May 26th, 2020, 8:08 pm

torque 4 so wrote:Good day tuners, can someone tell me the procedure / criteria for accessing the Taxi grant and is it the social welfare office it can be done, thanks

Some info here https://izzso.com/fuel-grant-coming-for-taxi-drivers/
Can't find any info online for accessing the fuel support grant. Looks like you might have to call the MOWT.

hustla_ambition101
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby hustla_ambition101 » May 26th, 2020, 8:21 pm

2ndchance wrote:
torque 4 so wrote:Good day tuners, can someone tell me the procedure / criteria for accessing the Taxi grant and is it the social welfare office it can be done, thanks

Some info here https://izzso.com/fuel-grant-coming-for-taxi-drivers/
Can't find any info online for accessing the fuel support grant. Looks like you might have to call the MOWT.
today it was mentioned

torque 4 so
Riding on 13's

Postby torque 4 so » May 26th, 2020, 11:12 pm

Thanks guys for input, hope is not a long drawn out process like the other grants, as for one suggesting some taxis make over 8k is really a stretch. Taxis have to contend with Maxis, 7 seaters, PH, PTSC, white vans, not forgetting higher gas prices. and TTPS / Lis Officers

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”