Forums

PlayStation 5 PS5

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

EFFECTIC DESIGNS
TriniTuner 24-7

Re: PlayStation 5

Postby EFFECTIC DESIGNS » June 11th, 2020, 6:07 pm

Kewell35 wrote:I watch some of the trailers and the graphics look real underwhelming.

This game had me real hyped up for it but none of the trailers really looking similar

They do this every generation they release a "Tech Demo" with a small stage and everything perfectly optimized for the Tech Demo. People go WOW OMG that is from the future then they start releasing games and it looks nothing like that Tech Demo and only about 10 games ever actually look and run great. It's no different this time around

Need I remind you about this nonsense? this gaming industry lies and lies. They show you games for Consoles while keeping it a secret that the footage you are seeing is the game running on high powered PC. Then release the game and it looks like dog sh!t

EFFECTIC DESIGNS
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby EFFECTIC DESIGNS » June 11th, 2020, 6:12 pm

Horizon Forbidden West looks so good!!!!!!

Who taking bets on it running at 30 FPS?

Blaze d Chalice
Riding on 17's

Postby Blaze d Chalice » June 11th, 2020, 6:48 pm

Kewell35 wrote:I watch some of the trailers and the graphics look real underwhelming.

This game had me real hyped up for it but none of the trailers really looking similar

That wasn't really a game. It was just a tech demo for Unreal Engine and earlier comments suggest it was 1440p/2K and upscaled to 4K for that video. But don't quote me on that.

The only game that look close to that style was the Project Athia, but from the opening sequence credits it seems that they using their own Luminous Studio Engine (same one they use for FFXV)

Not saying that that demo would not become a game, but maybe not anytime soon.
For example the "Kara" Tech demo for PS3 was released in 2012, and it wasn't until 2018 they released Detroit:Become Human.

Kewell35
Riding on 16's

Postby Kewell35 » June 11th, 2020, 7:02 pm

EFFECTIC DESIGNS wrote:

They do this every generation they release a "Tech Demo" with a small stage and everything perfectly optimized for the Tech Demo. People go WOW OMG that is from the future then they start releasing games and it looks nothing like that Tech Demo and only about 10 games ever actually look and run great. It's no different this time around

Need I remind you about this nonsense? this gaming industry lies and lies. They show you games for Consoles while keeping it a secret that the footage you are seeing is the game running on high powered PC. Then release the game and it looks like dog sh!t

I really didn't know they used to do that but I stop following video games for a while now. It really amazing.

Was the best gaming PC out right now? Now watch the stream. I not feeling to waste the money on this...whole thing was real underwhelming.

Kewell35
Riding on 16's

Postby Kewell35 » June 11th, 2020, 7:07 pm

It ridiculous how they open up with GTA5...ent GTA5 come out for the PS3?

Kewell35
Riding on 16's

Postby Kewell35 » June 11th, 2020, 7:09 pm

Blaze d Chalice wrote:

That wasn't really a game. It was just a tech demo for Unreal Engine and earlier comments suggest it was 1440p/2K and upscaled to 4K for that video. But don't quote me on that.

The only game that look close to that style was the Project Athia, but from the opening sequence credits it seems that they using their own Luminous Studio Engine (same one they use for FFXV)

Not saying that that demo would not become a game, but maybe not anytime soon.
For example the "Kara" Tech demo for PS3 was released in 2012, and it wasn't until 2018 they released Detroit:Become Human.

the project athia game looking decent tho

EFFECTIC DESIGNS
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby EFFECTIC DESIGNS » June 11th, 2020, 8:58 pm

Kewell35 wrote:
Was the best gaming PC out right now? Now watch the stream. I not feeling to waste the money on this...whole thing was real underwhelming.

Do you have any experience on building a PC?

if you want to just buy a pre built PC you can check Chiney on the forum he always has something for sale on the classified section.

It would be pretty amazing if you could follow youtube guide on how to build a PC from say Linus Tech Tips or one of them it's not hard at all. Or you can check Chiney on tuner

I would advise waiting a year or 2 because for starters PS5 ain't gonna have anything good to play until end of 2022 going into 2023 which is when the real next gen games gonna start coming out.

By then PC hardware would have evolved so quickly that it would leave the PS5 completely in the dust and you would be paying even less. Good rule of thumb is build a PC like 2 years after a console has released so that you have much better specs than the console.

EFFECTIC DESIGNS
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby EFFECTIC DESIGNS » June 11th, 2020, 9:00 pm

Kewell35 wrote:It ridiculous how they open up with GTA5...ent GTA5 come out for the PS3?

What's even funnier is Sony says all PS Plus members "Who pay $60 USD a year for 'free' online" will get GTA 5 "Free"

Mind you most PC Gamers right now already got GTA 5 for FREE without paying any retarded yearly fee. Epic Games Store permanently gave away GTA 5 free a couple weeks ago for PC :lol: :lol:

Coppershot
Riding on 17's

Postby Coppershot » June 11th, 2020, 10:00 pm

Coppershot
Riding on 17's

Postby Coppershot » June 11th, 2020, 10:04 pm

Coppershot
Riding on 17's

Postby Coppershot » June 11th, 2020, 10:06 pm

Blaze d Chalice
Riding on 17's

Postby Blaze d Chalice » June 11th, 2020, 10:18 pm

Delete.
Last edited by Blaze d Chalice on June 11th, 2020, 10:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Coppershot
Riding on 17's

Postby Coppershot » June 11th, 2020, 10:23 pm

PS5 on its side view

Blaze d Chalice
Riding on 17's

Postby Blaze d Chalice » June 11th, 2020, 10:49 pm

I didn't want to interrupt your post so I delete mine and will repost.

I went through the whole list of games that was shown today in the event (except GTA) and this is what I came up with:

PS5 exclusives
Gran Turismo
Spider-Man: Miles Morales
Returnal
Destruction AllStars
Sackboy
Demon Souls
Horizon
Astro

Timed PS5 exclusives - confirmed for PC later.
Project Athia
Little Devil Inside
DEATHLOOP
Solar Ash
Godfall
Ghostwire Tokyo
Goodbye Volcano High
Kena: Bridge of Spirits
Oddworld Soulstorm
Stray
Godfall
JETT
Resident Evil Village
Bugsnax
Pragmata

Not confirmed for PC, but all the previous editions came to PC.
Hitman 3
NBA 2K21

Blaze d Chalice
Riding on 17's

Postby Blaze d Chalice » June 11th, 2020, 10:54 pm

EFFECTIC DESIGNS wrote:Horizon Forbidden West looks so good!!!!!!

Who taking bets on it running at 30 FPS?

I doubt they would do that.
I think both PS5 and new Xbox have HDMI 2.1
Last week LG released their CX series with native 4K/120Hz and GSync.

Not saying them games will have 4K/120, maybe the ones that designed to run on both PS4 and 5.
But 30 seems like a slap in the face with all the updated hardware and software. I feel most might aim for 4K/60.
I see they mention Ray Tracing too so we will have to see the extent, since Ray Tracing used to cut framerate by half.

The 8K they mentioning could be upscaled and 24/30FPS or maybe just 8K video streaming eg. youtube.

From Polygon
Microsoft says that with 12 teraflops of graphics performance — twice that of the Xbox One X, which was released in late 2017 — the Xbox Series X will target 4K at 60 fps, and will have the ability to reach 120 fps. Since E3, the company has been describing the console as having “8K capability,” although it hasn’t provided any details on that. Sony said last year that the PS5 will be able to output resolutions up to 8K, and deliver frame rates as high as 120 fps for 4K gaming.

By the way, are you aware that Horizon Zero Dawn (the first game) is on Steam, but they didn't give the release date yet?
So technically you could see Forbidden West on Steam later down the line.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1151640/Horizon_Zero_Dawn_Complete_Edition/

Also there was a rumor of the last God of War might come there too (not the original trilogy)

Dohplaydat
punchin NOS

Postby Dohplaydat » June 11th, 2020, 10:58 pm

Arcmanov
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby Arcmanov » June 11th, 2020, 11:56 pm

Blaze d Chalice wrote:I didn't want to interrupt your post so I delete mine and will repost.

I went through the whole list of games that was shown today in the event (except GTA) and this is what I came up with:

PS5 exclusives
Gran Turismo
Spider-Man: Miles Morales
Returnal
Destruction AllStars
Sackboy
Demon Souls
Horizon
Astro

Timed PS5 exclusives - confirmed for PC later.
Project Athia
Little Devil Inside
DEATHLOOP
Solar Ash
Godfall
Ghostwire Tokyo
Goodbye Volcano High
Kena: Bridge of Spirits
Oddworld Soulstorm
Stray
Godfall
JETT
Resident Evil Village
Bugsnax
Pragmata

Not confirmed for PC, but all the previous editions came to PC.
Hitman 3
NBA 2K21
At least 4 of those exclusives I very much want to play.

Duane 3NE 2NR
Admin

Postby Duane 3NE 2NR » June 12th, 2020, 12:04 am

Gran Turismo 7 looks really good!
I'm glad they reworked Trial Mountain and brought it back.
I really enjoy the online racing that Gran Turismo Sport has to offer so hoping that GT7 will include that even though it seems they are putting more attention to single player gameplay in this one as they did with 5 and 6

16 cycles
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby 16 cycles » June 12th, 2020, 7:20 am

GT7 > demerit points

Spitfir3
punchin NOS

Postby Spitfir3 » June 12th, 2020, 10:47 am

that kena bridge of spirit game looks good, LOVE that artstyle
as for the ps5 design it lookin real alienware like

agent007
punchin NOS

Postby agent007 » June 12th, 2020, 11:04 am

GT7's reference to GT4's menu is a welcome return. Let's hope Sony keeps its promises for Q4 2020 ie. Holiday season because we know how GT releases got delayed in the past. Not selling my console until I see the physical disc on amazon for sale.

Duane 3NE 2NR
Admin

Postby Duane 3NE 2NR » June 12th, 2020, 11:37 am

agent007 wrote:GT7's reference to GT4's menu is a welcome return. Let's hope Sony keeps its promises for Q4 2020 ie. Holiday season because we know how GT releases got delayed in the past. Not selling my console until I see the physical disc on amazon for sale.

There's a digital only version of the PS5 with no disc drive. Physical media is on it's way out. By the time the PS6 is out, we won't be able to sell used games.

Dohplaydat
punchin NOS

Postby Dohplaydat » June 12th, 2020, 11:41 am

Duane 3NE 2NR wrote:
agent007 wrote:GT7's reference to GT4's menu is a welcome return. Let's hope Sony keeps its promises for Q4 2020 ie. Holiday season because we know how GT releases got delayed in the past. Not selling my console until I see the physical disc on amazon for sale.

There's a digital only version of the PS5 with no disc drive. Physical media is on it's way out. By the time the PS6 is out, we won't be able to sell used games.

I suspect the digital version will have a larger SSD (I hope) than the optical drive version and both might be the same price. But we'll see.

Rovin
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Rovin » June 12th, 2020, 11:44 am

jes bounce in thread to say d shape of d ps5 looks like 1 of dem buildings in dubai .... :agrue:

:lol:

solarkh
3NE 2NR for life

Postby solarkh » June 12th, 2020, 7:59 pm

IMG_2946.JPG

Haters will hate!

Duane 3NE 2NR
Admin

Postby Duane 3NE 2NR » June 13th, 2020, 1:41 am

agent007 wrote:GT7's reference to GT4's menu is a welcome return.

Yes brought on some nostalgia

agent007
punchin NOS

Postby agent007 » June 13th, 2020, 2:10 am

Yes indeed, I'm one of those who like the physical media so I will get the version with the disc drive. By the time PS6 is out, I probably wont be into gaming anymore as my usage progressively dwindles.

kamakazi
punchin NOS

Postby kamakazi » June 13th, 2020, 1:38 pm

I actually waited very long for the sequel to Abe's Odyssey...Still waiting for it on PC.
I enjoyed 5 God of war games(PS3)...and various random downloads.
No more PS for me

Blaze d Chalice
Riding on 17's

Postby Blaze d Chalice » June 14th, 2020, 7:56 pm

kamakazi wrote:I actually waited very long for the sequel to Abe's Odyssey...Still waiting for it on PC.

What sequel you talking about, Oddworld?
According to most sites Oddworld is the direct sequel to Abe Oddysee and is a reboot of Exoddus.

I find this looking like tooze though, graphics-wise.
I hope is a early version.
This looking like PS2

agent007 wrote:Yes indeed, I'm one of those who like the physical media so I will get the version with the disc drive. By the time PS6 is out, I probably wont be into gaming anymore as my usage progressively dwindles.

Any reason for this?
I used to collect physical edition for the games I liked because some use to come with special items, booklet, maps etc but eventually I stop that because some game I buy and it was about 4 DVDs and when is time to install, they had to download a whole set of patches that took longer than installing from DVD.

You getting it immediately instead of waiting on Amazon, Skybox and then a bamsee customs officer want to charge you 100% tax because they find the price too low. And is yours to keep forever, so you don't have to worry about pest stealing it or getting scratch.

Arcmanov
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby Arcmanov » June 16th, 2020, 1:00 pm

I don't want any physical media taking up precious space by me. I haven't bought a single disc for the PS4, so I not missing physical media. At all. Plus, internet fast enough now that downloading a game don't take that long. Buy it, put it to download, watch 2 or 3 movie, and it dey.

Some people like the look of a full shelf of discs. To me, that is just more ting to collect dust.

I welcome the digital media revolution.
All my PC games on Steam, Origin, Uplay, GOG, etc.
Playstation will be no different.

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”