TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

Issues with reopening Schools in T&T , Vaccines for Children etc

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

Do you support a Shift System for all schools?

Yes
12
63%
No
7
37%
 
Total votes: 19

User avatar
aaron17
punchin NOS
Posts: 3720
Joined: June 13th, 2006, 7:54 pm

Re: Issues with reopening Schools in T&T , Vaccines for Children etc

Postby aaron17 » August 21st, 2021, 2:45 pm

Yea but what that supposed to mean?
They got enough time to do testing? Or jus more ppl dying that is why they trying to allow ppl to take it to save them in the 'now'?

User avatar
De Dragon
TriniTuner 24-7
Posts: 15526
Joined: January 27th, 2004, 3:49 am
Location: Enjoying my little miracles............

Re: Issues with reopening Schools in T&T , Vaccines for Children etc

Postby De Dragon » August 21st, 2021, 3:51 pm

redmanjp wrote:Pfizer is likely to get FULL APPROVAL (no longer Emergency Use only) from FDA this week so anyone hesitant about vaxxing their child should be aware of that!

https://www.reuters.com/business/healthcare-pharmaceuticals/us-fda-aims-give-full-nod-pfizers-covid-19-vaccine-monday-new-york-times-2021-08-20/

U.S. FDA aims to give full approval to Pfizer vaccine on Monday -NYT
Reuters

WASHINGTON, Aug 20 (Reuters) - The U.S. Food and Drug Administration is aiming to give full approval to Pfizer's (PFE.N) COVID-19 vaccine on Monday, the New York Times reported on Friday.

Regulators were aiming to complete the process by Friday, but were still working through "a substantial amount of paperwork and negotiation with the company," the Times said, citing people familiar with the planning who were not authorized to speak publicly about it.

The agency declined to comment.

It had set an unofficial deadline for approval of around Labor Day on Sept. 6, the report said.


The approval could boost the vaccination campaign by convincing more unvaccinated Americans that Pfizer's shot is safe and effective and also make local officials more comfortable in implementing vaccine mandates.

The U.S. military is expected to require that service members get vaccinated soon after Pfizer's shot is authorized and other major U.S. employers could follow suit. read more

Vaccine hesitancy has been a major hurdle to the White House's goal of getting all eligible Americans vaccinated against the coronavirus.

Only around 60% of adults aged 18 and over have been fully vaccinated even as the new Delta variant of COVID-19 has contributed to a surge in cases.

Full approval of Pfizer's shot would also make it easier for physicians to prescribe a third booster shot to people who could benefit from an additional dose.

The FDA has authorized Pfizer's shot as a booster for people with weakened immune systems, but the White House plans to offer them much more widely in the coming months. read more

The White House earlier this week said it plans to give out 100 million booster shots, many supplied by Pfizer, to at-risk Americans, including anyone whose initial inoculation is more than 8 months old, starting in September.

Some experts, including at the World Health Organization say there is not yet enough data be certain boosters are needed.


Pfizer's vaccine was authorized for emergency use in December and more than 203 million people in the United States have so far received it. None of the three authorized COVID-19 vaccines have received full FDA approval.



Doubtful, hover11 and the AVL have goalposts on wheels. :roll:

User avatar
hover11
30 pounds of Boost
Posts: 2648
Joined: July 10th, 2016, 4:15 pm

Re: Issues with reopening Schools in T&T , Vaccines for Children etc

Postby hover11 » August 21st, 2021, 3:52 pm

Rushing the approval really gives me more confidence. NOT!!
De Dragon wrote:
redmanjp wrote:Pfizer is likely to get FULL APPROVAL (no longer Emergency Use only) from FDA this week so anyone hesitant about vaxxing their child should be aware of that!

https://www.reuters.com/business/healthcare-pharmaceuticals/us-fda-aims-give-full-nod-pfizers-covid-19-vaccine-monday-new-york-times-2021-08-20/

U.S. FDA aims to give full approval to Pfizer vaccine on Monday -NYT
Reuters

WASHINGTON, Aug 20 (Reuters) - The U.S. Food and Drug Administration is aiming to give full approval to Pfizer's (PFE.N) COVID-19 vaccine on Monday, the New York Times reported on Friday.

Regulators were aiming to complete the process by Friday, but were still working through "a substantial amount of paperwork and negotiation with the company," the Times said, citing people familiar with the planning who were not authorized to speak publicly about it.

The agency declined to comment.

It had set an unofficial deadline for approval of around Labor Day on Sept. 6, the report said.


The approval could boost the vaccination campaign by convincing more unvaccinated Americans that Pfizer's shot is safe and effective and also make local officials more comfortable in implementing vaccine mandates.

The U.S. military is expected to require that service members get vaccinated soon after Pfizer's shot is authorized and other major U.S. employers could follow suit. read more

Vaccine hesitancy has been a major hurdle to the White House's goal of getting all eligible Americans vaccinated against the coronavirus.

Only around 60% of adults aged 18 and over have been fully vaccinated even as the new Delta variant of COVID-19 has contributed to a surge in cases.

Full approval of Pfizer's shot would also make it easier for physicians to prescribe a third booster shot to people who could benefit from an additional dose.

The FDA has authorized Pfizer's shot as a booster for people with weakened immune systems, but the White House plans to offer them much more widely in the coming months. read more

The White House earlier this week said it plans to give out 100 million booster shots, many supplied by Pfizer, to at-risk Americans, including anyone whose initial inoculation is more than 8 months old, starting in September.

Some experts, including at the World Health Organization say there is not yet enough data be certain boosters are needed.


Pfizer's vaccine was authorized for emergency use in December and more than 203 million people in the United States have so far received it. None of the three authorized COVID-19 vaccines have received full FDA approval.



Doubtful, hover11 and the AVL have goalposts on wheels. :roll:

User avatar
De Dragon
TriniTuner 24-7
Posts: 15526
Joined: January 27th, 2004, 3:49 am
Location: Enjoying my little miracles............

Re: Issues with reopening Schools in T&T , Vaccines for Children etc

Postby De Dragon » August 21st, 2021, 3:54 pm

hover11 wrote:Rushing the approval really gives me more confidence. NOT!!
De Dragon wrote:
redmanjp wrote:Pfizer is likely to get FULL APPROVAL (no longer Emergency Use only) from FDA this week so anyone hesitant about vaxxing their child should be aware of that!

https://www.reuters.com/business/healthcare-pharmaceuticals/us-fda-aims-give-full-nod-pfizers-covid-19-vaccine-monday-new-york-times-2021-08-20/

U.S. FDA aims to give full approval to Pfizer vaccine on Monday -NYT
Reuters

WASHINGTON, Aug 20 (Reuters) - The U.S. Food and Drug Administration is aiming to give full approval to Pfizer's (PFE.N) COVID-19 vaccine on Monday, the New York Times reported on Friday.

Regulators were aiming to complete the process by Friday, but were still working through "a substantial amount of paperwork and negotiation with the company," the Times said, citing people familiar with the planning who were not authorized to speak publicly about it.

The agency declined to comment.

It had set an unofficial deadline for approval of around Labor Day on Sept. 6, the report said.


The approval could boost the vaccination campaign by convincing more unvaccinated Americans that Pfizer's shot is safe and effective and also make local officials more comfortable in implementing vaccine mandates.

The U.S. military is expected to require that service members get vaccinated soon after Pfizer's shot is authorized and other major U.S. employers could follow suit. read more

Vaccine hesitancy has been a major hurdle to the White House's goal of getting all eligible Americans vaccinated against the coronavirus.

Only around 60% of adults aged 18 and over have been fully vaccinated even as the new Delta variant of COVID-19 has contributed to a surge in cases.

Full approval of Pfizer's shot would also make it easier for physicians to prescribe a third booster shot to people who could benefit from an additional dose.

The FDA has authorized Pfizer's shot as a booster for people with weakened immune systems, but the White House plans to offer them much more widely in the coming months. read more

The White House earlier this week said it plans to give out 100 million booster shots, many supplied by Pfizer, to at-risk Americans, including anyone whose initial inoculation is more than 8 months old, starting in September.

Some experts, including at the World Health Organization say there is not yet enough data be certain boosters are needed.


Pfizer's vaccine was authorized for emergency use in December and more than 203 million people in the United States have so far received it. None of the three authorized COVID-19 vaccines have received full FDA approval.



Doubtful, hover11 and the AVL have goalposts on wheels. :roll:

It appears that they have also motorized said goalpost wheels :roll:

adnj
punchin NOS
Posts: 4963
Joined: February 24th, 2014, 2:55 pm

Re: Issues with reopening Schools in T&T , Vaccines for Children etc

Postby adnj » August 21st, 2021, 4:31 pm

De Dragon wrote:
hover11 wrote:Rushing the approval really gives me more confidence. NOT!!
De Dragon wrote:
redmanjp wrote:Pfizer is likely to get FULL APPROVAL (no longer Emergency Use only) from FDA this week so anyone hesitant about vaxxing their child should be aware of that!

https://www.reuters.com/business/healthcare-pharmaceuticals/us-fda-aims-give-full-nod-pfizers-covid-19-vaccine-monday-new-york-times-2021-08-20/

U.S. FDA aims to give full approval to Pfizer vaccine on Monday -NYT
Reuters

WASHINGTON, Aug 20 (Reuters) - The U.S. Food and Drug Administration is aiming to give full approval to Pfizer's (PFE.N) COVID-19 vaccine on Monday, the New York Times reported on Friday.

Regulators were aiming to complete the process by Friday, but were still working through "a substantial amount of paperwork and negotiation with the company," the Times said, citing people familiar with the planning who were not authorized to speak publicly about it.

The agency declined to comment.

It had set an unofficial deadline for approval of around Labor Day on Sept. 6, the report said.


The approval could boost the vaccination campaign by convincing more unvaccinated Americans that Pfizer's shot is safe and effective and also make local officials more comfortable in implementing vaccine mandates.

The U.S. military is expected to require that service members get vaccinated soon after Pfizer's shot is authorized and other major U.S. employers could follow suit. read more

Vaccine hesitancy has been a major hurdle to the White House's goal of getting all eligible Americans vaccinated against the coronavirus.

Only around 60% of adults aged 18 and over have been fully vaccinated even as the new Delta variant of COVID-19 has contributed to a surge in cases.

Full approval of Pfizer's shot would also make it easier for physicians to prescribe a third booster shot to people who could benefit from an additional dose.

The FDA has authorized Pfizer's shot as a booster for people with weakened immune systems, but the White House plans to offer them much more widely in the coming months. read more

The White House earlier this week said it plans to give out 100 million booster shots, many supplied by Pfizer, to at-risk Americans, including anyone whose initial inoculation is more than 8 months old, starting in September.

Some experts, including at the World Health Organization say there is not yet enough data be certain boosters are needed.


Pfizer's vaccine was authorized for emergency use in December and more than 203 million people in the United States have so far received it. None of the three authorized COVID-19 vaccines have received full FDA approval.



Doubtful, hover11 and the AVL have goalposts on wheels. :roll:

It appears that they have also motorized said goalpost wheels :roll:
Pfizer concluded Phase 3 studies in November 2020.

Two months of participant follow-up is required for EUA -January 2021.

Six months of participant follow-up is required for full approval - May 2021.

The study follow-up concluded in May 2021. Everything else is paperwork and review. More than 1.2 billion doses in the first eight months of the year only helps their approval process.

https://www.bloomberg.com/graphics/covi ... ments.html

Mmoney607
3NE2NR is my LIFE
Posts: 732
Joined: April 1st, 2021, 9:21 am

Re: Issues with reopening Schools in T&T , Vaccines for Children etc

Postby Mmoney607 » August 21st, 2021, 4:49 pm

Duane 3NE 2NR wrote:
Mmoney607 wrote:
redmanjp wrote:i thought 18 years was considered adulthood? so an 18 yr old can't take the other vaccines?


We would have assume that that's how a top pnm official's child was able to be vaccinated in June and was vaccinated again with Pfizer this week. Unless the person was underage when they got vaccinated in June, in which case plenty people should be before the courts.

Do you get these conspiracy theories from somewhere or do you make them up yourself?


I saw the two social media posts. They still up on the ministers Facebook and Twitter pages. But because I don't know the age of the person I don't want to get into too much specifics.

Mmoney607
3NE2NR is my LIFE
Posts: 732
Joined: April 1st, 2021, 9:21 am

Re: Issues with reopening Schools in T&T , Vaccines for Children etc

Postby Mmoney607 » August 21st, 2021, 4:53 pm

adnj wrote:
De Dragon wrote:
hover11 wrote:Rushing the approval really gives me more confidence. NOT!!
De Dragon wrote:
redmanjp wrote:Pfizer is likely to get FULL APPROVAL (no longer Emergency Use only) from FDA this week so anyone hesitant about vaxxing their child should be aware of that!

https://www.reuters.com/business/healthcare-pharmaceuticals/us-fda-aims-give-full-nod-pfizers-covid-19-vaccine-monday-new-york-times-2021-08-20/

U.S. FDA aims to give full approval to Pfizer vaccine on Monday -NYT
Reuters

WASHINGTON, Aug 20 (Reuters) - The U.S. Food and Drug Administration is aiming to give full approval to Pfizer's (PFE.N) COVID-19 vaccine on Monday, the New York Times reported on Friday.

Regulators were aiming to complete the process by Friday, but were still working through "a substantial amount of paperwork and negotiation with the company," the Times said, citing people familiar with the planning who were not authorized to speak publicly about it.

The agency declined to comment.

It had set an unofficial deadline for approval of around Labor Day on Sept. 6, the report said.


The approval could boost the vaccination campaign by convincing more unvaccinated Americans that Pfizer's shot is safe and effective and also make local officials more comfortable in implementing vaccine mandates.

The U.S. military is expected to require that service members get vaccinated soon after Pfizer's shot is authorized and other major U.S. employers could follow suit. read more

Vaccine hesitancy has been a major hurdle to the White House's goal of getting all eligible Americans vaccinated against the coronavirus.

Only around 60% of adults aged 18 and over have been fully vaccinated even as the new Delta variant of COVID-19 has contributed to a surge in cases.

Full approval of Pfizer's shot would also make it easier for physicians to prescribe a third booster shot to people who could benefit from an additional dose.

The FDA has authorized Pfizer's shot as a booster for people with weakened immune systems, but the White House plans to offer them much more widely in the coming months. read more

The White House earlier this week said it plans to give out 100 million booster shots, many supplied by Pfizer, to at-risk Americans, including anyone whose initial inoculation is more than 8 months old, starting in September.

Some experts, including at the World Health Organization say there is not yet enough data be certain boosters are needed.


Pfizer's vaccine was authorized for emergency use in December and more than 203 million people in the United States have so far received it. None of the three authorized COVID-19 vaccines have received full FDA approval.



Doubtful, hover11 and the AVL have goalposts on wheels. :roll:

It appears that they have also motorized said goalpost wheels :roll:
Pfizer concluded Phase 3 studies in November 2020.

Two months of participant follow-up is required for EUA -January 2021.

Six months of participant follow-up is required for full approval - May 2021.

The study follow-up concluded in May 2021. Everything else is paperwork and review. More than 1.2 billion doses in the first eight months of the year only helps their approval process.

https://www.bloomberg.com/graphics/covi ... ments.html


What is the dosage and what is the efficacy?

adnj
punchin NOS
Posts: 4963
Joined: February 24th, 2014, 2:55 pm

Re: Issues with reopening Schools in T&T , Vaccines for Children etc

Postby adnj » August 21st, 2021, 5:57 pm

Mmoney607 wrote:
adnj wrote:
De Dragon wrote:
hover11 wrote:Rushing the approval really gives me more confidence. NOT!!
De Dragon wrote:
redmanjp wrote:Pfizer is likely to get FULL APPROVAL (no longer Emergency Use only) from FDA this week so anyone hesitant about vaxxing their child should be aware of that!

https://www.reuters.com/business/healthcare-pharmaceuticals/us-fda-aims-give-full-nod-pfizers-covid-19-vaccine-monday-new-york-times-2021-08-20/

U.S. FDA aims to give full approval to Pfizer vaccine on Monday -NYT
Reuters

WASHINGTON, Aug 20 (Reuters) - The U.S. Food and Drug Administration is aiming to give full approval to Pfizer's (PFE.N) COVID-19 vaccine on Monday, the New York Times reported on Friday.

Regulators were aiming to complete the process by Friday, but were still working through "a substantial amount of paperwork and negotiation with the company," the Times said, citing people familiar with the planning who were not authorized to speak publicly about it.

The agency declined to comment.

It had set an unofficial deadline for approval of around Labor Day on Sept. 6, the report said.


The approval could boost the vaccination campaign by convincing more unvaccinated Americans that Pfizer's shot is safe and effective and also make local officials more comfortable in implementing vaccine mandates.

The U.S. military is expected to require that service members get vaccinated soon after Pfizer's shot is authorized and other major U.S. employers could follow suit. read more

Vaccine hesitancy has been a major hurdle to the White House's goal of getting all eligible Americans vaccinated against the coronavirus.

Only around 60% of adults aged 18 and over have been fully vaccinated even as the new Delta variant of COVID-19 has contributed to a surge in cases.

Full approval of Pfizer's shot would also make it easier for physicians to prescribe a third booster shot to people who could benefit from an additional dose.

The FDA has authorized Pfizer's shot as a booster for people with weakened immune systems, but the White House plans to offer them much more widely in the coming months. read more

The White House earlier this week said it plans to give out 100 million booster shots, many supplied by Pfizer, to at-risk Americans, including anyone whose initial inoculation is more than 8 months old, starting in September.

Some experts, including at the World Health Organization say there is not yet enough data be certain boosters are needed.


Pfizer's vaccine was authorized for emergency use in December and more than 203 million people in the United States have so far received it. None of the three authorized COVID-19 vaccines have received full FDA approval.



Doubtful, hover11 and the AVL have goalposts on wheels. :roll:

It appears that they have also motorized said goalpost wheels :roll:
Pfizer concluded Phase 3 studies in November 2020.

Two months of participant follow-up is required for EUA -January 2021.

Six months of participant follow-up is required for full approval - May 2021.

The study follow-up concluded in May 2021. Everything else is paperwork and review. More than 1.2 billion doses in the first eight months of the year only helps their approval process.

https://www.bloomberg.com/graphics/covi ... ments.html


What is the dosage and what is the efficacy?
Find those answers right here:

https://youdao.com/

matr1x
punchin NOS
Posts: 4850
Joined: February 25th, 2017, 7:46 am

Re: Issues with reopening Schools in T&T , Vaccines for Children etc

Postby matr1x » August 21st, 2021, 7:02 pm

Them want to wait til independence day to decide what happening with teachers?


Dumb pnm cnuts

redmanjp
TriniTuner 24-7
Posts: 11559
Joined: September 22nd, 2009, 11:01 pm
Contact:

Re: Issues with reopening Schools in T&T , Vaccines for Children etc

Postby redmanjp » August 23rd, 2021, 8:45 pm

after full FDA approval leading to mandates in the US it may happen here too in schools

https://newsday.co.tt/2021/08/23/rowley-to-parents-dont-make-government-force-you-to-vaccinate-students/


Rowley to parents: Don't make government force you to vaccinate students

The Prime Minister has said the government will not hold its hand if it is faced with a decision to make covid19 vaccinations mandatory for children.

In a plea for all parents with children who are eligible to get them vaccinated, Dr Rowley said if herd immunity among the student population is not achieved in the coming weeks, the government will make the vaccine mandatory.

At the commissioning ceremony of the San Juan Government Primary School on Monday afternoon, he said, “Parents, get your children vaccinated.

"I've heard all kinds of excuses as to why this is not a given, that there will be a significant proportion of the population who will not co-operate with that.

“If at the end of the period that we set, which is mid September, we look back and see a population of vaccinated students which is really below herd immunity levels of 60 or 70 per cent, the government will have to act.

"So far, we have left it up to the responsibility of parents to be reasonable, to be understanding, to be caring, and to be responsible. And if it gets to that, the government will have no difficulty intervening on the children's behalf, as we have done with measles...

"We will not do this lightly. If it has to be done, we will do it.”

Schools have been closed since March 2020 as the country battled to contain the spread of covid19. Only last Wednesday, the country entered another phase of its national vaccination programme focused on children ages 12 to 18 getting the Pfizer vaccine. That vaccine is the only one currently approved by the World Health Organisation (WHO) for members of that age group.

Despite reports of an overwhelming response in the first week from students to get vaccinated, Rowley said he was disappointed with the high vaccine hesitancy rate among parents to get their children vaccinated. He said this kind of attitude affects the pace of return to face-to-face learning.

The existing law requires children entering preschool and primary schools to present a certificate of immunisation showing that the child has been vaccinated against communicable diseases: poliomyelitis, diphtheria, tetanus, yellow fever, measles.

According to the Public Health (Nursery Schools and Primary Schools Immunisation) Act 3 (2) “A Principal of any nursery school or primary school who admits any person to such school in contravention of subsection (1) or section 5 is liable on summary conviction to a fine of one thousand dollars.”

A frustrated Rowley said he is saddened by the constant need to dismiss misinformation that has now affected the vaccination of children.

“We have vaccines so, therefore, we are aiming to vaccinate a significant proportion of our children and bring them home to school and have a good scientific basis to say if these children are out to school for face to face learning their exposure to the damage, danger and death the virus promises is not great.

“We are doing everything possible to at least have a cohort of at least form four, five and six students come out.”

“Rest assured that this government will do what this government has to do, as it has done from January 2020 to now, we will do what we have to do to ensure that Trinidad and Tobago is at its best in responding to this virus, because we know if we do that we will all come through this together.”

He said parents who complained that the vaccine was not approved by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) of the US had lost that excuse. On Monday, FDA announced the vaccine had full approval for ages 16 and up.

Mendoza: Parents won’t take “threats” lightly

Clarence Mendoza, head of the Concerned Parent/Teacher Association, told Newsday that such a move, as suggested by the Prime Minister, would put the country into a state of unrest.

He cautioned Rowley, “I don’t think any citizen will take any threats lightly coming from the government. And I say threat because that’s how it came across. I think our Prime Minister should have brought it across to our citizens in a more amicable manner, more reasonable and understanding instead of making it sound like he’s now taking over as a dictator.

"After those comments, our nation and parents will be very uneasy and that’s for those who took their children willingly, those sitting on the fence and those who are plain not going to get their children vaccinated.

“Putting such a threat out to our nation while students are struggling to put food on the table is an unfair tactic at this time from our Prime Minister.”

He said Rowley has to consider those with religious beliefs against taking the vaccine and those who are not properly informed.

User avatar
hover11
30 pounds of Boost
Posts: 2648
Joined: July 10th, 2016, 4:15 pm

Re: Issues with reopening Schools in T&T , Vaccines for Children etc

Postby hover11 » August 23rd, 2021, 8:57 pm

Vaccinate your children so school could open now school not opening physically ,playing games with his citizens.....I believe they will eventually mandate it the ministry of education has a ridiculous slogan....Vaccinate to Educate
redmanjp wrote:after full FDA approval leading to mandates in the US it may happen here too in schools

https://newsday.co.tt/2021/08/23/rowley-to-parents-dont-make-government-force-you-to-vaccinate-students/


Rowley to parents: Don't make government force you to vaccinate students

The Prime Minister has said the government will not hold its hand if it is faced with a decision to make covid19 vaccinations mandatory for children.

In a plea for all parents with children who are eligible to get them vaccinated, Dr Rowley said if herd immunity among the student population is not achieved in the coming weeks, the government will make the vaccine mandatory.

At the commissioning ceremony of the San Juan Government Primary School on Monday afternoon, he said, “Parents, get your children vaccinated.

"I've heard all kinds of excuses as to why this is not a given, that there will be a significant proportion of the population who will not co-operate with that.

“If at the end of the period that we set, which is mid September, we look back and see a population of vaccinated students which is really below herd immunity levels of 60 or 70 per cent, the government will have to act.

"So far, we have left it up to the responsibility of parents to be reasonable, to be understanding, to be caring, and to be responsible. And if it gets to that, the government will have no difficulty intervening on the children's behalf, as we have done with measles...

"We will not do this lightly. If it has to be done, we will do it.”

Schools have been closed since March 2020 as the country battled to contain the spread of covid19. Only last Wednesday, the country entered another phase of its national vaccination programme focused on children ages 12 to 18 getting the Pfizer vaccine. That vaccine is the only one currently approved by the World Health Organisation (WHO) for members of that age group.

Despite reports of an overwhelming response in the first week from students to get vaccinated, Rowley said he was disappointed with the high vaccine hesitancy rate among parents to get their children vaccinated. He said this kind of attitude affects the pace of return to face-to-face learning.

The existing law requires children entering preschool and primary schools to present a certificate of immunisation showing that the child has been vaccinated against communicable diseases: poliomyelitis, diphtheria, tetanus, yellow fever, measles.

According to the Public Health (Nursery Schools and Primary Schools Immunisation) Act 3 (2) “A Principal of any nursery school or primary school who admits any person to such school in contravention of subsection (1) or section 5 is liable on summary conviction to a fine of one thousand dollars.”

A frustrated Rowley said he is saddened by the constant need to dismiss misinformation that has now affected the vaccination of children.

“We have vaccines so, therefore, we are aiming to vaccinate a significant proportion of our children and bring them home to school and have a good scientific basis to say if these children are out to school for face to face learning their exposure to the damage, danger and death the virus promises is not great.

“We are doing everything possible to at least have a cohort of at least form four, five and six students come out.”

“Rest assured that this government will do what this government has to do, as it has done from January 2020 to now, we will do what we have to do to ensure that Trinidad and Tobago is at its best in responding to this virus, because we know if we do that we will all come through this together.”

He said parents who complained that the vaccine was not approved by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) of the US had lost that excuse. On Monday, FDA announced the vaccine had full approval for ages 16 and up.

Mendoza: Parents won’t take “threats” lightly

Clarence Mendoza, head of the Concerned Parent/Teacher Association, told Newsday that such a move, as suggested by the Prime Minister, would put the country into a state of unrest.

He cautioned Rowley, “I don’t think any citizen will take any threats lightly coming from the government. And I say threat because that’s how it came across. I think our Prime Minister should have brought it across to our citizens in a more amicable manner, more reasonable and understanding instead of making it sound like he’s now taking over as a dictator.

"After those comments, our nation and parents will be very uneasy and that’s for those who took their children willingly, those sitting on the fence and those who are plain not going to get their children vaccinated.

“Putting such a threat out to our nation while students are struggling to put food on the table is an unfair tactic at this time from our Prime Minister.”

He said Rowley has to consider those with religious beliefs against taking the vaccine and those who are not properly informed.

User avatar
FrankChag
Chronic TriniTuner
Posts: 551
Joined: May 9th, 2017, 4:28 pm
Location: typing...

Re: Issues with reopening Schools in T&T , Vaccines for Children etc

Postby FrankChag » August 24th, 2021, 1:58 am

our kids were proud to take the pfizer
esp since their "boomer" parents got not-pfizer (we're millennials or whatevers..)

Alors, I feel sorry for the kids that want to get the vacc but whose, how do you say, chupidee? parents stopping them



hover11 wrote:So what was the rush if the vaccinated will be around the unvaccinated in the same class how will the children know who among them is vaccinated
Duane 3NE 2NR wrote:Image

Despite the reservations by some parents about having their children vaccinated at this time, Education Minister Dr Nyan Gadsby-Dolly said both vaccinated and unvaccinated students will be welcomed back into schools next month.

Prime Minister Dr Keith Rowley has said that students in Forms Four, Five and Six will be allowed to resume physical classes when the new academic term 2021/2022 begins on September 6.

Asked yesterday how the Ministry of Education intends to address the issue of vaccinated students mixing with the unvaccinated, the minister said there will be no discrimination of either category.

She said, “At this time, in every office building, family, taxi in Trinidad and Tobago, the vaccinated and unvaccinated coexist. There is no requirement for separation. Schools are not expected to operate any differently.”

Gadsby-Dolly reinforced, “The Government has a policy of voluntary vaccination, with no requirement to prove vaccination status for access to public places of work, buildings or services. The Ministry of Education is guided by that.”

Meanwhile, one day after they operationalised 13 centres specifically for administering the Pfizer vaccine to people between 12 to 18, the Ministry of Health increased the number of vaccine sites to provide greater access. The latest vaccine sites to be added to the list include Centre Pointe Mall, Chaguanas and the Paddock, Queen’s Park Savannah, Port-of-Spain.

The ministry said on the first day of the drive on Thursday, 3,702 people received their first dose of the World Health Organization-approved Pfizer vaccine.

https://www.cnc3.co.tt/minister-vaccina ... o-coexist/

User avatar
MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7
Posts: 9049
Joined: October 31st, 2010, 2:37 pm

Re: Issues with reopening Schools in T&T , Vaccines for Children etc

Postby MaxPower » August 24th, 2021, 9:40 am

IMG_7710.JPG

User avatar
Dizzy28
TriniTuner 24-7
Posts: 12878
Joined: February 8th, 2010, 8:54 am
Location: People's Republic of Bananas

Re: Issues with reopening Schools in T&T , Vaccines for Children etc

Postby Dizzy28 » August 24th, 2021, 9:42 am

239257195_4780292285348811_4323147282629983699_n.jpg

User avatar
Habit7
TriniTuner 24-7
Posts: 11310
Joined: April 20th, 2009, 10:20 pm

Re: Issues with reopening Schools in T&T , Vaccines for Children etc

Postby Habit7 » August 24th, 2021, 9:58 am

This is stupid.

If vaccination is keeping schools from opening then how much vaccination is acceptable for primary schools to open? Seeing that most students are under 12years old.

I appreciate the govt's attempt to ensure the well-being of its citizens but they are going overboard now. Let ppl make their own decisions for their family's healthcare. Children are going to suffer another year of online learning to meet some arbitrary vaccination amount? The cure is getting to be worst than the disease.

Ben_spanna
punchin NOS
Posts: 2808
Joined: October 28th, 2016, 9:25 am

Re: Issues with reopening Schools in T&T , Vaccines for Children etc

Postby Ben_spanna » August 24th, 2021, 11:53 am

it would be terribly difficult and dangerous to allow primary schools to reopen physically unless you are referring to standards 4 and 5 only... can you imagine the tasks of keeping 5-9 year olds to keep socially distanced and masked for the day? and their age group keeping their hands off their faces and out of their mouths.. I realistically dont think any Standard up to 4 should be let back out until there is a a more solid cure/vaccine for their age groups.
This Delta VAriant has been aggressively attacking the youth in other countries and lets hope that it does not start happening locally.

As for the poster who said that variants are being mad made to manipulate people into vaccination, you are just plain clueless........... or in need of mental counselling.

User avatar
Dohplaydat
punchin NOS
Posts: 3647
Joined: December 17th, 2019, 8:31 pm

Re: Issues with reopening Schools in T&T , Vaccines for Children etc

Postby Dohplaydat » August 24th, 2021, 1:28 pm

Ben_spanna wrote:it would be terribly difficult and dangerous to allow primary schools to reopen physically unless you are referring to standards 4 and 5 only... can you imagine the tasks of keeping 5-9 year olds to keep socially distanced and masked for the day? and their age group keeping their hands off their faces and out of their mouths.. I realistically dont think any Standard up to 4 should be let back out until there is a a more solid cure/vaccine for their age groups.
This Delta VAriant has been aggressively attacking the youth in other countries and lets hope that it does not start happening locally.

As for the poster who said that variants are being mad made to manipulate people into vaccination, you are just plain clueless........... or in need of mental counselling.


Honestly, it's not that dangerous if all parents and teachers vaccinated eh.

Schools will cause spikes but if kids not getting it bad and adults vaccinated it's a not a problem, they might never go in for testing and you'll never really see a rise in cases of deaths.

User avatar
Habit7
TriniTuner 24-7
Posts: 11310
Joined: April 20th, 2009, 10:20 pm

Re: Issues with reopening Schools in T&T , Vaccines for Children etc

Postby Habit7 » August 24th, 2021, 1:45 pm

Well then we will have to give up in-person learning and the most fundamental education of the next generation's future professionals. Because covid-19 ain't going anywhere any time soon. And half of Israel's hospitalised cases are fully vaccinated Pzifer folk.

We should use classrooms as animal pens and let them graze on the football field.

adnj
punchin NOS
Posts: 4963
Joined: February 24th, 2014, 2:55 pm

Re: Issues with reopening Schools in T&T , Vaccines for Children etc

Postby adnj » August 24th, 2021, 2:12 pm

Habit7 wrote:Well then we will have to give up in-person learning and the most fundamental education of the next generation's future professionals. Because covid-19 ain't going anywhere any time soon. And half of Israel's hospitalised cases are fully vaccinated Pzifer folk.

We should use classrooms as animal pens and let them graze on the football field.


This isn't the first time.

Pandemics and education: A historical review

Abstract
Major pandemics have tremendous effects on society. They precipitated the early decline of the Western Roman Empire and helped spread Christianity. There are countless such examples of infectious diseases altering the course of history. The impact of epidemics on education however is less well documented. This present historical account of the past 800 years looks specifically at how some aspects of education were shaped from the early medieval epidemics such as leprosy and the Black Plague to the Spanish Flu and COVID-19. Leprosy changed religious education, and the Black Plague may have contributed to the rise of medical schools, hospitals, public health education, and led to the implementation of lazarettos and the quarantine. The smallpox epidemic helped usher in public health education for immunization, while the 1918 Spanish Flu precipitated the rise of education by correspondence, and recently COVID-19 has catapulted remote digital learning to the forefront of higher education.

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/33876429/

User avatar
timelapse
punchin NOS
Posts: 3552
Joined: June 20th, 2012, 7:13 pm

Re: Issues with reopening Schools in T&T , Vaccines for Children etc

Postby timelapse » August 24th, 2021, 5:31 pm

I say open schools regardless.Take a walk in a mall.Pandemic not affecting their movements at all

redmanjp
TriniTuner 24-7
Posts: 11559
Joined: September 22nd, 2009, 11:01 pm
Contact:

Re: Issues with reopening Schools in T&T , Vaccines for Children etc

Postby redmanjp » August 24th, 2021, 8:00 pm

PM at the Official Commissioning Ceremony for the San Juan Government Primary School but it turn into a covid update:


User avatar
De Dragon
TriniTuner 24-7
Posts: 15526
Joined: January 27th, 2004, 3:49 am
Location: Enjoying my little miracles............

Re: Issues with reopening Schools in T&T , Vaccines for Children etc

Postby De Dragon » August 24th, 2021, 11:25 pm

Habit7 wrote:This is stupid.

If vaccination is keeping schools from opening then how much vaccination is acceptable for primary schools to open? Seeing that most students are under 12years old.

I appreciate the govt's attempt to ensure the well-being of its citizens but they are going overboard now. Let ppl make their own decisions for their family's healthcare. Children are going to suffer another year of online learning to meet some arbitrary vaccination amount? The cure is getting to be worst than the disease.

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Mmoney607
3NE2NR is my LIFE
Posts: 732
Joined: April 1st, 2021, 9:21 am

Re: Issues with reopening Schools in T&T , Vaccines for Children etc

Postby Mmoney607 » August 25th, 2021, 12:10 am

Anybody remember when Rowley had close schools for one week.

User avatar
Duane 3NE 2NR
Admin
Posts: 24269
Joined: March 24th, 2003, 10:27 am
Location: T&T
Contact:

Re: Issues with reopening Schools in T&T , Vaccines for Children etc

Postby Duane 3NE 2NR » August 25th, 2021, 12:43 am

Habit7 wrote:And half of Israel's hospitalised cases are fully vaccinated Pzifer folk.

Because Israel was one of the first nations globally to be vaccinated early on.
Delta variant is showing that a booster is required after 8 months.

Ben_spanna
punchin NOS
Posts: 2808
Joined: October 28th, 2016, 9:25 am

Re: Issues with reopening Schools in T&T , Vaccines for Children etc

Postby Ben_spanna » August 25th, 2021, 7:09 am

timelapse wrote:I say open schools regardless.Take a walk in a mall.Pandemic not affecting their
movements at all


Yes, but it doesnt have hundreds of children from different households in close quarters for 6 hours a day ..........
Yes this younger generation will have socialization issues but the digital/online era has already started doing that to them.

User avatar
timelapse
punchin NOS
Posts: 3552
Joined: June 20th, 2012, 7:13 pm

Re: Issues with reopening Schools in T&T , Vaccines for Children etc

Postby timelapse » August 25th, 2021, 7:41 am

Ben_spanna wrote:
timelapse wrote:I say open schools regardless.Take a walk in a mall.Pandemic not affecting their
movements at all


Yes, but it doesnt have hundreds of children from different households in close quarters for 6 hours a day ..........
Yes this younger generation will have socialization issues but the digital/online era has already started doing that to them.
Take a walk through gulf city mall.I was there yesterday, and the brats touching up everything and running around like hooligans.Easy way to spot antivax parents.

User avatar
Duane 3NE 2NR
Admin
Posts: 24269
Joined: March 24th, 2003, 10:27 am
Location: T&T
Contact:

Issues with reopening Schools in T&T , Vaccines for Children etc

Postby Duane 3NE 2NR » August 25th, 2021, 1:41 pm

The NPTA is a Non-Government, volunteer association of parents and teachers in Trinidad and Tobago. We have a strong collective voice.

If you want your opinion heard regarding school reopening and child vaccination, please complete the survey in the link below:

The information collected is private and will be used to represent our nation’s parents effectively when drafting our responses to the Ministry of Education:

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIp ... A/viewform

redmanjp
TriniTuner 24-7
Posts: 11559
Joined: September 22nd, 2009, 11:01 pm
Contact:

Re: Issues with reopening Schools in T&T , Vaccines for Children etc

Postby redmanjp » August 25th, 2021, 4:11 pm

https://newsday.co.tt/2021/08/25/mental-health-director-minors-convince-parents-to-have-you-vaccinated/

Director of Mental Health Dr Hazel Othello has told minors interested in being vaccinated to talk to their parents about their interest in the covid19 vaccine and their fears about contracting the virus.

She was speaking at the Ministry of Health’s virtual press conference on Wednesday.

Othello said in the event that a minor wants to be vaccinated and is being prevented by a parent or guardian who is hesitant or sceptical about the vaccine, the minor should have a conversation with their parents to persuade them as to why they should be vaccinated.

“It would be disturbing if a parent is not in agreement with getting vaccinated,” said Othello. “Have a conversation with them. Don’t be disrespectful, just explain why you think you need to be vaccinated.

“Explain that the risk of being harmed by the vaccine is significantly less than the real risk of being harmed by the disease. Most parents, hearing that from the child, will listen.”

She said some parents may think they are acting in the best interest of the child, but if the information is coming from the child, they may be convinced to let the child be vaccinated.

Othello also encouraged parents to do their own research, from reliable sources, so that they can accurately answer any questions their child may have before taking them to be vaccinated.

“Encourage them to ask their questions. Have honest, age-appropriate conversations about the vaccine. Ask about what they are seeing on social media. Don’t shy away from the conversation.”

Mmoney607
3NE2NR is my LIFE
Posts: 732
Joined: April 1st, 2021, 9:21 am

Re: Issues with reopening Schools in T&T , Vaccines for Children etc

Postby Mmoney607 » August 25th, 2021, 6:24 pm

redmanjp wrote:https://newsday.co.tt/2021/08/25/mental-health-director-minors-convince-parents-to-have-you-vaccinated/

Director of Mental Health Dr Hazel Othello has told minors interested in being vaccinated to talk to their parents about their interest in the covid19 vaccine and their fears about contracting the virus.

She was speaking at the Ministry of Health’s virtual press conference on Wednesday.

Othello said in the event that a minor wants to be vaccinated and is being prevented by a parent or guardian who is hesitant or sceptical about the vaccine, the minor should have a conversation with their parents to persuade them as to why they should be vaccinated.

“It would be disturbing if a parent is not in agreement with getting vaccinated,” said Othello. “Have a conversation with them. Don’t be disrespectful, just explain why you think you need to be vaccinated.

“Explain that the risk of being harmed by the vaccine is significantly less than the real risk of being harmed by the disease. Most parents, hearing that from the child, will listen.”

She said some parents may think they are acting in the best interest of the child, but if the information is coming from the child, they may be convinced to let the child be vaccinated.

Othello also encouraged parents to do their own research, from reliable sources, so that they can accurately answer any questions their child may have before taking them to be vaccinated.

“Encourage them to ask their questions. Have honest, age-appropriate conversations about the vaccine. Ask about what they are seeing on social media. Don’t shy away from the conversation.”


These people so out of touch.

User avatar
DMan7
I LUV THIS PLACE
Posts: 974
Joined: February 2nd, 2021, 5:17 pm

Re: Issues with reopening Schools in T&T , Vaccines for Children etc

Postby DMan7 » August 25th, 2021, 7:49 pm

Let children convince their parents to let them get vaccinated. It could be a birthday present or Christmas gift. What a treat!

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: DMan7, Google Adsense [Bot], VexXx Dogg and 134 guests