TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

Issues with reopening Schools in T&T , Vaccines for Children etc

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

Do you support a Shift System for all schools?

Yes
50%
No
50%

Total votes: 30

Dave
3NE 2NR Moderator

Re: Issues with reopening Schools in T&T , Vaccines for Children etc

Postby Dave » April 19th, 2022, 5:16 am

And going on from there the adults are more susceptible to death so what is left .... children without parents?
I have thought about this many a time.
Thanks for sharing what I am sure was thought about by many.
Premchand1976 wrote:
DMan7 wrote:Allya ready for allyuh brats to go to school?
In terms of uniforms, shoes, books etc, yes my kids are ready. But, one I can't help but wonder what can and may happen at school when it comes to Covid ? We all know the kids immune system are resilient and they can fight off most ,if not all viral and bacterial infection BUT, my concern is when we pick them up from school and interact with them ,bare we adults not exposed for getting the virus ? Aren't the adults the ones to be affected most significantly from the virus ? Picture it, we pick up the kids, they jump in the car, masks off, air condition on because the sun blistering hot, then we head home. That 15-20 mins drive home is enough for infection and incubation to commence. Parents get the virus and have to be quarantined, then guess what ??? The kids have to be in quarantine too !!! September was the logical month to resume I m.h.o.

Mmoney607
30 pounds of Boost

Postby Mmoney607 » April 19th, 2022, 9:10 am

So what kinda masks you all pack for the 5 year olds? N95? Double masking? You pack extra in case the mask gets wet? They know to sanitize before they touch the mask? How much mask free time are the allowed to eat and drink water? Remember it's the highly transmissible omicron sub variant we dealing with here people!!!

timelapse
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby timelapse » April 19th, 2022, 9:30 am

No masks.Who dead dead remember?

Kenjo
punchin NOS

Postby Kenjo » April 19th, 2022, 10:45 am

timelapse wrote:No masks.Who dead dead remember?

By the time September comes do we just say wait until January 2023 ? Any solutions ? Hybrid Systems ?

timelapse
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby timelapse » April 19th, 2022, 11:11 am

Kenjo wrote:
timelapse wrote:No masks.Who dead dead remember?

By the time September comes do we just say wait until January 2023 ? Any solutions ? Hybrid Systems ?
Ask Hover,sMASH and DR. Chaos.They have all the answers for everything covid related

Chimera
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Chimera » April 19th, 2022, 11:19 am

Mmoney607 wrote:So what kinda masks you all pack for the 5 year olds? N95? Double masking? You pack extra in case the mask gets wet? They know to sanitize before they touch the mask? How much mask free time are the allowed to eat and drink water? Remember it's the highly transmissible omicron sub variant we dealing with here people!!!

cloth masks for all

pres chag has a cloth mask with the PCC logo on it that most if not all the children are wearing

i`m sure many schools have also gone that route

Chimera
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Chimera » April 19th, 2022, 11:22 am

Dave wrote:And going on from there the adults are more susceptible to death so what is left .... children without parents?
Premchand1976 wrote:
In terms of uniforms, shoes, books etc, yes my kids are ready. But, one I can't help but wonder what can and may happen at school when it comes to Covid ? We all know the kids immune system are resilient and they can fight off most ,if not all viral and bacterial infection BUT, my concern is when we pick them up from school and interact with them ,bare we adults not exposed for getting the virus ? Aren't the adults the ones to be affected most significantly from the virus ? Picture it, we pick up the kids, they jump in the car, masks off, air condition on because the sun blistering hot, then we head home. That 15-20 mins drive home is enough for infection and incubation to commence. Parents get the virus and have to be quarantined, then guess what ??? The kids have to be in quarantine too !!! September was the logical month to resume I m.h.o.

i think i've shared the same sentiment earlier in this thread

that kids would get covid from each other and bring it home to parents and grand parents

no way kids would be as careful as adults

BUT in the same breath

thats only if the adults are living and working in a bubble

for the last several months i've been liming and socializing normal all over the place and so are most people.

everyone mixing normal so children mixing shouldn't be a concern unless you're one of the few who really completely limiting contact with outsiders.

Mmoney607
30 pounds of Boost

Postby Mmoney607 » April 19th, 2022, 11:29 am

Phone Surgeon wrote:
Mmoney607 wrote:So what kinda masks you all pack for the 5 year olds? N95? Double masking? You pack extra in case the mask gets wet? They know to sanitize before they touch the mask? How much mask free time are the allowed to eat and drink water? Remember it's the highly transmissible omicron sub variant we dealing with here people!!!

cloth masks for all

pres chag has a cloth mask with the PCC logo on it that most if not all the children are wearing

What specifications are these masks made to? What is the % effectiveness?

hustla_ambition101
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby hustla_ambition101 » April 19th, 2022, 11:33 am

Clearly no proper plan in place at most schools as expected and some parents have not been instilling proper hygiene in the household. How could you at this stage walk right past a handwashing station even while other children are lining up to wash their hands. Security have to be running back and forth from gate to compound and only 1 teacher assisting. You would think that the infant class teachers would be on hand to guide the youngest who already have been made nervous by parents

They should have done the opening on a phased basis allowing for those who are new to the system to be more relaxed upon entry.

Chimera
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Chimera » April 19th, 2022, 11:41 am

hustla_ambition101 wrote:Clearly no proper plan in place at most schools as expected and some parents have not been instilling proper hygiene in the household. How could you at this stage walk right past a handwashing station even while other children are lining up to wash their hands. Security have to be running back and forth from gate to compound and only 1 teacher assisting. You would think that the infant class teachers would be on hand to guide the youngest who already have been made nervous by parents

They should have done the opening on a phased basis allowing for those who are new to the system to be more relaxed upon entry.
Many people walk with mini sanitizers or sanitize on their own rather than interact with the hand washing station.

If it have a line to wash your hand.....and it have a sanitizer mounted on the wall just after it....or you have your own sanitizer....why yuh lining up to wash hand for

Chimera
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Chimera » April 19th, 2022, 11:44 am

Mmoney607 wrote:
Phone Surgeon wrote:

cloth masks for all

A bolt of Jimmy abouds bestest black cloth and a embroidered logo. The logo is what stops the virus

Mmoney607
30 pounds of Boost

Postby Mmoney607 » April 19th, 2022, 11:48 am

Phone Surgeon wrote:
Mmoney607 wrote:
Phone Surgeon wrote:

cloth masks for all

A bolt of Jimmy abouds bestest black cloth and a embroidered logo. The logo is what stops the virus

Oh I see, I see. These are the kinds of explanations I have been asking for :lol:

redmanjp
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby redmanjp » April 19th, 2022, 12:26 pm

they should either double mask if using cloth masks. or have small kn95s for children.

Chimera
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Chimera » April 19th, 2022, 12:31 pm

double cloth mask....in a classroom with no air condition
(they stopped using air condition for covid prevention)
yuh want the children dead

small kn95 for children....you buying it for them?

people have no money these days you know

hustla_ambition101
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby hustla_ambition101 » April 19th, 2022, 1:43 pm

Phone Surgeon wrote:
hustla_ambition101 wrote:Clearly no proper plan in place at most schools as expected and some parents have not been instilling proper hygiene in the household. How could you at this stage walk right past a handwashing station even while other children are lining up to wash their hands. Security have to be running back and forth from gate to compound and only 1 teacher assisting. You would think that the infant class teachers would be on hand to guide the youngest who already have been made nervous by parents

Many people walk with mini sanitizers or sanitize on their own rather than interact with the hand washing station.

If it have a line to wash your hand.....and it have a sanitizer mounted on the wall just after it....or you have your own sanitizer....why yuh lining up to wash hand for
Not from what I saw, the children were coming from where ever and simply walking in and NOT CLEANING their hands, no sanitizer clipped on bag or waist and there is no wall sanitizer. Even had one student with a runny nose approaching the school with his parent. Too many nasty people out here not practising simple hygiene.

redmanjp
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby redmanjp » April 19th, 2022, 2:37 pm

Phone Surgeon wrote:double cloth mask....in a classroom with no air condition

all the people in bars apparently have money to buy drinks. what about the money that would have been spent in dropping the kids to school the past 2 years?

De Dragon
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby De Dragon » April 19th, 2022, 3:11 pm

redmanjp wrote:

all the people in bars apparently have money to buy drinks. what about the money that would have been spent in dropping the kids to school the past 2 years?

So every single person in the bars has children that they are neglecting to provide for? :roll:
With basic needs like food, shelter and water, and many losing their jobs, transport money would have a higher priority than these? :roll:

Dave
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby Dave » April 21st, 2022, 4:57 am

My greatest fear in the same school you have mentioned has come to reality just on the second day of opening.
A child listed as a primary contact, of which my son only met for the first time this week so no familiarisation, and 6 kids away sits my son and whoever else is around was called by a nurse advising such.
He doesn't use those cloth masks provided but disposable surgical ones.
We'll see what happens now.
Phone Surgeon wrote:
Dave wrote:And going on from there the adults are more susceptible to death so what is left .... children without parents?
Premchand1976 wrote:

that kids would get covid from each other and bring it home to parents and grand parents

BUT in the same breath

for the last several months i've been liming and socializing normal all over the place and so are most people.

everyone mixing normal so children mixing shouldn't be a concern unless you're one of the few who really completely limiting contact with outsiders.

Kenjo
punchin NOS

Postby Kenjo » April 21st, 2022, 5:39 am

Dave wrote:My greatest fear in the same school you have mentioned has come to reality just on the second day of opening.
A child listed as a primary contact, of which my son only met for the first time this week so no familiarisation, and 6 kids away sits my son and whoever else is around was called by a nurse advising such.
He doesn't use those cloth masks provided but disposable surgical ones.
We'll see what happens now.
Phone Surgeon wrote:
Premchand1976 wrote:

BUT in the same breath

Keep us up to date , hopefully nothing comes of it

De Dragon
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby De Dragon » April 21st, 2022, 6:07 am

Hope the news turns out to be good Dave

Dave
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby Dave » April 21st, 2022, 7:32 am

Thanks alot guys.
He's fully vaccinated and had no interaction with the kid as on rotation they were in separate schedules so he doesn't know the boy at all.
This is the necessary evil that goes with opening up and the return to normal.
As a parent it still is never comforting.

Chimera
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Chimera » April 21st, 2022, 7:43 am

Realistically covid going to sweep through schools and then peoples homes.

Chimera
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Chimera » April 21st, 2022, 8:02 am

redmanjp wrote:

Only government workers have had a steady salary the last 2 years. Probably everyone else suffered a loss in income. Plus utilities would have doubled as kids would be home using alot more resources.

People have no money.

st7
punchin NOS

Postby st7 » April 21st, 2022, 11:57 am

Phone Surgeon wrote:
redmanjp wrote:

Only government workers have had a steady salary the last 2 years. Probably everyone else suffered a loss in income. Plus utilities would have doubled as kids would be home using alot more resources.

People have no money.

govt workers taking 2-3 weeks quarantine multiple times and making money normal. yet calling for measures for poor people to suffer.

hover11
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby hover11 » April 21st, 2022, 1:42 pm

st7 wrote:
Phone Surgeon wrote:
redmanjp wrote:

People have no money.

govt workers taking 2-3 weeks quarantine multiple times and making money normal. yet calling for measures for poor people to suffer.

Men working from home and complaining. Work from home for a whole pandemic from the comfort of their home and still complaining. Everybody back out , how do you still have the time to be on here braying?

st7
punchin NOS

Postby st7 » April 21st, 2022, 3:11 pm

spell out for me what am i complaining about - we'll wait

i see u picked max's lingo - braying. is there anyone you dont mimic? you imitate ppl and you project your own issues on people.

pathetic, son

hover11
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby hover11 » April 21st, 2022, 3:44 pm

st7 wrote:spell out for me what am i complaining about - we'll wait

i see u picked max's lingo - braying. is there anyone you dont mimic? you imitate ppl and you project your own issues on people.

pathetic, son
STD,

as usual you seem confused , nobody copywrited any lingo , so no one owns a word. Anyway try to be productive sir, the ppl paying u to work from home not to be on here complaining

st7
punchin NOS

Postby st7 » April 21st, 2022, 3:56 pm

:lol: :lol:

u so far up ur daddy's ass u can taste his breath.

still waiting for you to spell out what im complaining about ~~~~~~~~~

VexXx Dogg
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby VexXx Dogg » April 21st, 2022, 4:08 pm

Dave wrote:Thanks alot guys.
He's fully vaccinated and had no interaction with the kid as on rotation they were in separate schedules so he doesn't know the boy at all.
This is the necessary evil that goes with opening up and the return to normal.
As a parent it still is never comforting.

Hope all is well with the youth.
The most we can do is take the necessary precautions because this thing here to stay for a while.

Dave
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby Dave » April 21st, 2022, 4:33 pm

Thanks all.
As an update they called and said he was in no immediate threat of contracting and was given the all clear to return tomorrow.
I am sure this isn't the last of this going into the future.

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”