Re: PNM in Gov't

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

Wraith King
Riding on 18's

Re: Re: PNM in Gov't

Postby Wraith King » May 16th, 2021, 6:20 am

Habit7 wrote:
Wraith King wrote:You don't be on anyone case. If the UNC made the suggestion last year and the PNM now following it this year, what does that tell you? So their suggestion was discredited because they wanted bars open but now their suggestion is somehow good because PNM did it?

I can be on whomever case I want. You now join tuner last week and want to dictate who I should be on? Know your place.

This has nothing to do with who suggested what but misinformation. Cherrypicking soundbites to get a reaction but not giving the context is spreading propaganda. If you don't like me saying so scroll past.

You still believe being on the forum for a certain period of time entitles you to some sort of special privilege. You wrongly believe you can silence persons that don't share your view with your bullying tactics and when called out you trying to act like a victim and gather sympathy by claiming you trying to stop misinformation. Tell us what misinformation was the person spreading via the video?

Clearly you don't mind misinformation because you defended Rohan making the 50K people went to Tobago comment. Outright lies don't bother you but somehow something that shows the PNM making fun of a suggestion by the UNC only to have to follow the same suggestion that they made is termed "misinformation " and you can't stand for it.

You're the one that needs to know their place but don't worry I'm here to help.

Habit7
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Habit7 » May 16th, 2021, 11:07 am

Wraith King wrote:
Habit7 wrote:
Wraith King wrote:You don't be on anyone case. If the UNC made the suggestion last year and the PNM now following it this year, what does that tell you? So their suggestion was discredited because they wanted bars open but now their suggestion is somehow good because PNM did it?

I can be on whomever case I want. You now join tuner last week and want to dictate who I should be on? Know your place.

This has nothing to do with who suggested what but misinformation. Cherrypicking soundbites to get a reaction but not giving the context is spreading propaganda. If you don't like me saying so scroll past.

You still believe being on the forum for a certain period of time entitles you to some sort of special privilege. You wrongly believe you can silence persons that don't share your view with your bullying tactics and when called out you trying to act like a victim and gather sympathy by claiming you trying to stop misinformation. Tell us what misinformation was the person spreading via the video?

Clearly you don't mind misinformation because you defended Rohan making the 50K people went to Tobago comment. Outright lies don't bother you but somehow something that shows the PNM making fun of a suggestion by the UNC only to have to follow the same suggestion that they made is termed "misinformation " and you can't stand for it.

I am not playing any victim. I am offensively calling out your lie to misrepresent Sinanan when he clearly said back and forth, you lied when you said somebody was celebrating the Tobago number and you lied when you claim I said you were ZR. 3 lies you blatantly pushing but want to point fingers at others.

PNM had no problem with SoE, the minister was pointing out the hypocrisy of calling for the extreme of an SoE but compromising on the simple measure of closing bars.

You are not the first time somebody created a 2nd account to push some agenda under the false presence of neutrality. I eat you fellas for breakfast.

shake d livin wake d dead
TunerGod

Postby shake d livin wake d dead » May 16th, 2021, 11:12 am

So wasa looking to make allyuh make 3k for water meters...nice nice

Wraith King
Riding on 18's

Postby Wraith King » May 16th, 2021, 11:22 am

Habit7 wrote:
Wraith King wrote:
Habit7 wrote:

I am not playing any victim. I am offensively calling out your lie to misrepresent Sinanan when he clearly said back and forth, you lied when you said somebody was celebrating the Tobago number and you lied when you claim I said you were ZR. 3 lies you blatantly pushing but want to point fingers at others.

PNM had no problem with SoE, the minister was pointing out the hypocrisy of calling for the extreme of an SoE but compromising on the simple measure of closing bars.

You are not the first time somebody created a 2nd account to push some agenda under the false presence of neutrality. I eat you fellas for breakfast.

The only truth you have spoken so far is that you eat fellahs for breakfast.

Again trying to discredit someone in this case me by calling me a liar and creating alternative accounts. You're a liar and no amount of trying to paint me as one is going to change that. I hope your handler is taking notes of your missteps.

It's almost midday so you probably already had a hearty breakfast of boys.

I have no reason to lie about neutrality, if I want to support a party I'm free to do so just as how you're free to support PNM however, you're not free to spread lies and propaganda while trying to silence others who dislike the agenda and policies of the PNM.

Habit7
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Habit7 » May 16th, 2021, 11:36 am

Good whatever, I am not a pubescent boy to be offended by attacks on my sexuality.

Be prepared to trail me around like a bomcee fly. Because whether it is your lies or someone else's, I will call it out.

Deal with it.

Wraith King
Riding on 18's

Postby Wraith King » May 16th, 2021, 11:40 am

Habit7 wrote:Good whatever, I am not a pubescent boy to be offended by attacks on my sexuality.

Be prepared to trail me around like a bomcee fly. Because whether it is your lies or someone else's, I will call it out.

Deal with it.

Mr. Boys For Breakfast, no one asked you your sexuality but you felt the need to mention what's your first meal of the day. You're claiming to do exactly what I'm doing to you. You're delusional, maybe it has something to do with your diet.

TunerGod

Postby shake d livin wake d dead » May 16th, 2021, 12:25 pm

wing
Riding on 18's

Postby wing » May 16th, 2021, 12:35 pm

shake d livin wake d dead wrote:https://www.cnc3.co.tt/customers-to-pay-3000-for-wasa-meters/

Let's hear the stooges
Just asking, what's the cost of installing a ttec meter when u applying for a supply? Cause it's something every single homeowner have done for decades.

Ben_spanna
punchin NOS

Postby Ben_spanna » May 16th, 2021, 12:44 pm

The question should be who or what company was given a contract to supply al these meters? I guarantee you it s a cause for concern and discussion….
Oh how how people find clever ways to thief …..or so they think

TunerGod

Postby shake d livin wake d dead » May 16th, 2021, 1:07 pm

wing wrote:
shake d livin wake d dead wrote:https://www.cnc3.co.tt/customers-to-pay-3000-for-wasa-meters/

Let's hear the stooges
Just asking, what's the cost of installing a ttec meter when u applying for a supply? Cause it's something every single homeowner have done for decades.

$95

wing
Riding on 18's

Postby wing » May 16th, 2021, 1:10 pm

Ben_spanna wrote:The question should be who or what company was given a contract to supply al these meters? I guarantee you it s a cause for concern and discussion….
I agree it's a concern. But I ask, which company will satisfy those who already have an anti pnm bias? Reason being it's almost guaranteed whoever has been chosen will have some sort of relationship with the govt and it's that relationship many will jump on , not value for money. So expect another hundred pages of to and fro between the usual suspects.

sam1978
Riding on 16's

Postby sam1978 » May 16th, 2021, 1:16 pm

Not really , the same suppliers work the system on both sides. All the UNC contractors that were criticized before and threatened with jail are now the PNM contractors. Namalco, Kallco, Ramhit et al.

Wraith King
Riding on 18's

Postby Wraith King » May 16th, 2021, 1:26 pm

[youtube][/youtube]
wing wrote:
Ben_spanna wrote:The question should be who or what company was given a contract to supply al these meters? I guarantee you it s a cause for concern and discussion….
I agree it's a concern. But I ask, which company will satisfy those who already have an anti pnm bias? Reason being it's almost guaranteed whoever has been chosen will have some sort of relationship with the govt and it's that relationship many will jump on , not value for money. So expect another hundred pages of to and fro between the usual suspects.

Red or yellow, same corruption.

Habit7
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Habit7 » May 16th, 2021, 1:31 pm

Let's hear the stooges

This is what happens when decades of paying one of the lowest water rates in the region. Now that it is inefficient, debt burdened and overstaffed, these are the measures you must take.

Or are you going to refuse, buy a tank, buy a pump and pay for water by the truckload?

sam1978
Riding on 16's

Postby sam1978 » May 16th, 2021, 1:34 pm

Metered water rates is not a bad thing. It makes you realize how much water you usually waste. Consumers will be very circumspect in their usage when they’re paying by the cubic meter.

TunerGod

Postby shake d livin wake d dead » May 16th, 2021, 2:20 pm

I dont mind the use of meters. Two of my properties already have them. I rather pay for what I use as opposed to paying for something I hardly get.
Currently its $1.87 per cubic meter(220gals). I just want to see how much people in certain areas gonna pay

Kickstart
Riding on 16's

Postby Kickstart » May 21st, 2021, 7:15 am

Renuka Singh

Agriculture Minister Clarence Rambharat yesterday gave the assurance that food hampers are being delivered to all constituencies.

Rambharat attended the post-Cabinet press briefing yesterday at the Diplomatic Centre, St Ann’s and took United National Congress (UNC) Member of Parliament for San Juan\Barataria Saddam Hosein to task for not providing names of those in his constituency that need the food hampers.

At a media conference on Wednesday, Hosein said that Rambharat was not providing hampers for his area.

“It surprised me that of all the MP’s he would be one out in the public talking about that because I received several messages from people in his constituency,” Rambharat said.

Rambharat read out one message from a member of Hosein’s constituency who said that when she contacted the MP’s office she was told that there were no hampers to give out.

“I know for a fact that we have sent 200 (hampers) to that constituency,” Rambharat said.

Rambharat said that the Government promised 600 food baskets and then doubled that to 1,200.

“But you will only get your hampers if you had indicated that I have 100 names, I have 100 families to give it to. So MP Saddam Hosein was really a shock to me because so far he has only given 200 names,” Rambharat said.

The Minister said that after Hosein’s media conference on Wednesday, he expected him to submit 400 names to NAMDEVCO for hampers.

“I checked and they said to me, no we’ve gotten nothing,” he said.

Rambharat said that MP for Moruga, Michelle Benjamin requested another 200 to add to the 400 she already gotten and it was being prepared for dispatch.

Rambharat said that Hosein “needed to get his head examined” after he only supplied 200 names yet went on a media conference seeking to blame the Government for not supplying what he never requested.

Two non-governmental organisations in that same area reached out to NAMDEVCO and baskets were provided to them.

“That gives me some assurance that while Saddam Hosein sits wherever and does nothing, two NGO’s got packages,” he said.

He said that while packing up the hampers if extras are available, they would be sent to the NGO’s.

Rambharat said that Oropouche MP Dr Roodal Moonilal has already surpassed the 400 and may go beyond the 600 limit.

“If he goes beyond 600 in his community and we are able to deal with it, we would,” he said.

Rambharat gave the assurance that the food hampers until the end of August and in the next financial cycle will become a permanent part of the Government’s food outreach programme.

Food Hampers but only for PNM supporters

Redman
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Redman » May 21st, 2021, 7:24 am

sam1978 wrote:Metered water rates is not a bad thing. It makes you realize how much water you usually waste. Consumers will be very circumspect in their usage when they’re paying by the cubic meter.

The subsidies have distorted consumption patterns and stifled innovation in TnT.

They were ignored by every govt.

Unwinding them is going to get messy.

Wraith King
Riding on 18's

Postby Wraith King » May 21st, 2021, 9:01 am

The Day of Reckoning is not too far off
by

Curtis Williams

As the last two weeks have passed and the number of positive COVID-19 cases increased significantly and sadly with it the deaths of nationals, people appear to be surprised by what is happening. Often, the daily question after the numbers are released, is how did this happen? Well, this happened because this is T&T.

Of course, it is easy to blame the Prime Minister for encouraging people to go to Tobago in their thousands, but still tell them to behave themselves, as a parent would tell a child. But to blame Dr Keith Rowley is to refuse to accept that, as a people, we have not shown the character to do the hard things and the disciplined things.

We have to admit that perhaps this constant need to physically distance, avoid liming, adhere to the protocols and not encourage and facilitate the illegal entry of non-nationals were perhaps beyond us. Beyond a people who like to take it to the edge, hoping we don’t fall off the cliff.

So we thought that COVID-19 may cause some discomfort, some people who were old and had co-morbidities may not have made it. However, we apparently also weighed this with the fact that we had an entire parallel healthcare system that would provide care, including new hospitals, built by the past government for which this Prime Minister told us up to last Saturday we were lucky to have but wasn’t gracious enough to acknowledge that it was another administration’s work.

You see, it is this inability to stay the course, to do the hard work that is necessary to get to the finish line that is exactly the Trini trait and one that if we only had the never say die spirit of some of our neighbours, would have served us right today.

T&T is a country that for all of its small size and regardless of the constant narrative that all is lost, has considerable resources and but wasted a lot of it.

Per capita, this country is one of the wealthiest in the Americas. It has sold billions of barrels of oil and trillions of cubic feet of natural gas. Its infrastructure is easily superior to anything in the English-speaking Caribbean. It has invested heavily in healthcare, national security and education but has been reluctant to do the difficult things that will reap the kind of rewards the people of this country deserve.

Just as we trifled with COVID-19 until it has brought us face to face with a healthcare system bursting at its seams with record deaths and infections, we ignore or fail to deal with our economic malaise at our own peril.

A day of reckoning will come and I am afraid it is not too far off from now.

For the last five years, there has been the constant warning that the current exchange rate parity was not sustainable and that the Government’s notion of a soft landing would not work.

We had that conversation as a nation before in the 1980s and it did not work, as we burnt through our foreign exchange in a matter of a couple of years and found ourselves at the doorstep of the IMF. The challenge of the economy then, as is today, is that the energy sector was the engine of the economy and without it there was little that could stand on its own. Today, our economy is different, there is some diversification within the energy sector, so oil is not the only product. There is now gas, petrochemicals and some limited services. Manufacturing is stronger, but even that is not a net earner of foreign exchange and depends on the forex from the energy sector to survive.

The Government, in 2016 to 2018, did not make the move then. Had it done so there would have perhaps been benefit from it. Instead, it defended the TT dollar, using limited US dollars and overseeing the reduction in our official reserves by billions of dollars.

Doing the hard work of removing the bottlenecks in the ease of doing business, encouraging and working with companies to invest their capital here for a fair return is too much hard work, and respecting the population to bring them on board and lead them to a better place required humility, leadership and country first. It was too much for the administration and its supporters.

So we did nothing and when the unsolicited, free advice is offered by others, we have the spectre of the most junior of junior ministers seeking to besmirch the reputation and gravitas of someone like Dr Terrence Farrell. After all, it’s easy to talk.

We have for a long time known that the health system is unbecoming and unless we have radical health reform, it will fail.

Dr Karl Theodore has done extensive work on some solutions from an administrative and economic level and we know that a big part of the challenge of the healthcare system are the systems that do not put patients at the centre of healthcare.

Instead, we lived in the fool’s paradise that any government could provide the money for public healthcare unless its personal and corporation taxes are so high they discourage investment. We prefer to dread going to the public hospitals rather than do the hard things to fix it.

And now we are faced with what is going to be a game-changer. We are faced with the inevitable end to fossil fuel in a mere 29 years. Yes, there are those who would argue that oil and, in particular, natural gas will be around for a long time. They may be right. But what if they are wrong?

For three days this week, Colombia University in the United States held a global energy conference in which they had leaders discuss the issue of energy transition.

During the discussions, US President Joe Biden’s adviser on climate change Gina McCarthy argued that the country that wins the race to renewables will be the economic powerhouse.

She said, “The future is going to be who grabs clean energy and wins it. And we already know that because of disinvestments over the prior five years and the lack of even significant or sufficient investment, the US lags internationally in terms of if we are going to be the winner. The argument is the sensitivity about who wins and who loses, who’s left behind or not left behind. And how we do this, in a way that’s going to be fast enough to meet the moment that we find ourselves in. But also careful enough for us to recognise that in a transition, there will be portions of the economy that will be divested, and there will be workers facing the need for transition.”

Nigeria vice president Professor Yemi Osinbajo called for a just energy transition for developing countries and energy producers like T&T. He raised the spectre of several European countries and development finance institutions banning further investments in fossil fuels.

“Globally, we are seeing wealthier nations and development finance institutions banning all public investments in fossil fuels, including natural gas. Examples include the European Union, the United Kingdom and Denmark to name a few, as well as specific institutions such as the Swede Fund from Sweden, CDC from the UK, the European Investment Bank and the Investment Fund for developing countries from Denmark,” he said.

In other words, it has started.

Increasingly, there will be pressure not to spend on fossil fuel projects and when the investments dry up, so too will the production. T&T is warned we must do the hard things to quickly transform the economy. If indeed, oil and gas continues into perpetuity then that is ok. It will be extra money that we can save and invest. But if the winds of change are so strong that they blow the sector down, we would have found new ways to not just survive but hopefully to prosper.

Do we have it in us to do the hard work and see the danger of the status quo, or do we have to touch the wound like Thomas to know it is real?

Curtis Williams is saddened for the families and friends of all those who have lost their loved ones due to this pandemic. Like most people, he too now knows victims.

Wraith King
Riding on 18's

Postby Wraith King » May 21st, 2021, 9:12 am

Kickstart wrote:
Renuka Singh

Agriculture Minister Clarence Rambharat yesterday gave the assurance that food hampers are being delivered to all constituencies.

Rambharat attended the post-Cabinet press briefing yesterday at the Diplomatic Centre, St Ann’s and took United National Congress (UNC) Member of Parliament for San Juan\Barataria Saddam Hosein to task for not providing names of those in his constituency that need the food hampers.

At a media conference on Wednesday, Hosein said that Rambharat was not providing hampers for his area.

“It surprised me that of all the MP’s he would be one out in the public talking about that because I received several messages from people in his constituency,” Rambharat said.

Rambharat read out one message from a member of Hosein’s constituency who said that when she contacted the MP’s office she was told that there were no hampers to give out.

“I know for a fact that we have sent 200 (hampers) to that constituency,” Rambharat said.

Rambharat said that the Government promised 600 food baskets and then doubled that to 1,200.

“But you will only get your hampers if you had indicated that I have 100 names, I have 100 families to give it to. So MP Saddam Hosein was really a shock to me because so far he has only given 200 names,” Rambharat said.

The Minister said that after Hosein’s media conference on Wednesday, he expected him to submit 400 names to NAMDEVCO for hampers.

Rambharat said that MP for Moruga, Michelle Benjamin requested another 200 to add to the 400 she already gotten and it was being prepared for dispatch.

Rambharat said that Hosein “needed to get his head examined” after he only supplied 200 names yet went on a media conference seeking to blame the Government for not supplying what he never requested.

Two non-governmental organisations in that same area reached out to NAMDEVCO and baskets were provided to them.

“That gives me some assurance that while Saddam Hosein sits wherever and does nothing, two NGO’s got packages,” he said.

He said that while packing up the hampers if extras are available, they would be sent to the NGO’s.

Rambharat said that Oropouche MP Dr Roodal Moonilal has already surpassed the 400 and may go beyond the 600 limit.

“If he goes beyond 600 in his community and we are able to deal with it, we would,” he said.

Rambharat gave the assurance that the food hampers until the end of August and in the next financial cycle will become a permanent part of the Government’s food outreach programme.

They cannot give to a mayor but can provide to NGOs?

Corruption and nepotism.

In any country where persons in public office are held accountable, either Clarenece or the CEO of NAMDEVCO would have been fired depending on whose version is the truth. Possible jail time as well for the culprit for misuse of state resources. The NGOs receiving the hampers would also have questions to answer if those hampers were solely meant to be given to MPs for distribution as stated by correspondence from NAMDEVCO.

Kickstart
Riding on 16's

Postby Kickstart » May 21st, 2021, 9:22 am

Wraith King wrote:
Kickstart wrote:
Renuka Singh

Corruption and nepotism.

In any country where persons in public office are held accountable, either Clarenece or the CEO of NAMDEVCO would have been fired depending on whose version is the truth. Possible jail time as well for the culprit for misuse of state resources. The NGOs receiving the hampers would also have questions to answer if those hampers were solely meant to be given to MPs for distribution as stated by correspondence from NAMDEVCO.

PNM MPs only give Hampers to PNM supporters, Your name have to be on the list

Wraith King
Riding on 18's

Postby Wraith King » May 21st, 2021, 9:32 am

Kickstart wrote:
Wraith King wrote:
Kickstart wrote:
Renuka Singh

Corruption and nepotism.

PNM MPs only give Hampers to PNM supporters, Your name have to be on the list

That's how it goes in Trinidad. Party supporters gets the dregs while politicians and their family, financiers and friends living it up. All paid for using state funds.

Habit7
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Habit7 » May 21st, 2021, 10:18 am

So the govt giving away fresh perishable goods to MPs
Michelle Benjamin requested and gave away her allocation
Roodal Moonilal requested and gave away his allocation
Saddam Hosein didn't fully request his allocation
Govt away the perishable goods to NGOs
Saddam Hosein cries discrimination
UNC supporters eat up the propaganda like red meat

Kickstart
Riding on 16's

Postby Kickstart » May 21st, 2021, 10:40 am

Habit7 wrote:So the govt giving away fresh perishable goods to MPs

Only because the PNM was exposed for their pass bias

Why should oppositions have to beg ?

eliteauto
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby eliteauto » May 21st, 2021, 10:49 am

Excellent job by NAMDEVCO, very good initiative that supports the local farming community

Habit7
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Habit7 » May 21st, 2021, 10:55 am

Kickstart wrote:Only because the PNM was exposed for their pass bias

I don't know what past bias you want to deflect to. But dealing with this topic, why is their need to be deceitful and blame the govt for your own failing? If the govt chooses to have a database of the recipients that is for equitable distribution and no double dipping.

This not box lunch where the teacher, cleaner, rich boy get the roti and chubby and the poor slow handicap kid gets none.

Wraith King
Riding on 18's

Postby Wraith King » May 21st, 2021, 12:23 pm

Habit7 wrote:So the govt giving away fresh perishable goods to MPs

That's the PNM version?

From what I understand, NAMDEVCO sent a letter saying the original allocation was reduced from 600 to 400. The Mayor of Chaguanas wrote to NAMDEVCO requesting hampers and NAMDEVCO responded by saying hampers are being allocated solely to MPs but then a NGO ran by a person that went up for election for PNM but lost posted pics on social media of NAMDEVCO hampers they received and were distributing using a vehicle from Clarence's Ministry.

Saddam said he's receiving his hampers in batches of 100s and have gotten 200 so far. NAMDEVCO told him he would receive 100 today and another 100 on Monday.

Explain how a Mayor can make an official request and be told the hampers are solely for MPs and then a NGO, that's affiliated with the PNM, receive hampers?

Seems you're the one that ate up the propaganda just like you eat those fellas for breakfast.

Wraith King
Riding on 18's

Postby Wraith King » May 21st, 2021, 12:29 pm

Habit7 wrote:

I don't know what past bias you want to deflect to. But dealing with this topic, why is their need to be deceitful and blame the govt for your own failing? If the govt chooses to have a database of the recipients that is for equitable distribution and no double dipping.

This not box lunch where the teacher, cleaner, rich boy get the roti and chubby and the poor slow handicap kid gets none.

Why did the criteria change when the Mayor of Chaguanas requested hampers only to be told hampers are solely for MPs and then gave hampers to a NGO?

What criteria was used to select NGOs?

Did the NGO provide names for hamper distribution?

The political bias is that a Mayor (UNC affiliated) requested but was blanked but a NGO (PNM affiliated) received. The deceit stems from either Clarence or NAMDEVCO and continued with your post.

Wraith King
Riding on 18's

Postby Wraith King » May 21st, 2021, 12:34 pm

eliteauto wrote:Excellent job by NAMDEVCO, very good initiative that supports the local farming community

30, 000, 000.00 for 25, 000 hampers.

Kickstart
Riding on 16's

Postby Kickstart » May 21st, 2021, 12:49 pm

Wraith King wrote:
Habit7 wrote:

Why did the criteria change when the Mayor of Chaguanas requested hampers only to be told hampers are solely for MPs and then gave hampers to a NGO?

What criteria was used to select NGOs?

Did the NGO provide names for hamper distribution?

The political bias is that a Mayor (UNC affiliated) requested but was blanked but a NGO (PNM affiliated) received. The deceit stems from either Clarence or NAMDEVCO and continued with your post.
It changed cause they were exposed

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”