Re: PNM in Gov't

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

Dizzy28
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Dizzy28 » May 25th, 2022, 11:48 am

hover11 wrote:Rowley: Hefty salary increases will plunge country into debt

"Do you see that money in the Treasury at this time? Do you see the Minister of Finance being able to find that money so that you with jobs can get paid? Well, it might happen,” he told the crowd.

https://www.guardian.co.tt/news/rowley- ... 3ed321ffaf

Ironic, that he asked if we see the money in the treasury at this time because as far as I remember NO government has showed or declared how much money was in the treasury but they always bawling it ain have , so I just supposed to take your word because politicians are always honest :S. This is animal farm in live action, it good for them but not good for the rest but we allow it.So Government Ministers hefty salaries and perks, not draining the country?

All of the country's financial information can be found on the Central Bank's website under its data centre portal
https://www.central-bank.org.tt/statistics/data-centre
Don't expect to be spoon fed every piece of information you need.

And now is not the time to get vex at Politicians salaries and perks - to do so now is just hypocritical given that its only so because of the pittance of an increment offered. Outrage should have been done when the Salary Review Commission review happened and when the car tax revelations came out. Pressure should have been placed then on all elected and appointed leaders. However what I saw was minor discontent but lots of red and yellow supporters justifying why their leaders need the pay they have. Same way mites supporting Foster now when potentially he is a corrupt PoS you can't be vex later on if it turns out he is secretly a billionaire.

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby MaxPower » May 25th, 2022, 11:50 am

hover11 wrote:Max,

Point fortin can see change without the PNM

Jason,

I am not seeing anything else on the table.

I have to vote for what works for me.

I am no longer voting for MPs that lie and do not deliver.

2025 is very near, and if someone feels they can mamaguy me 2 weeks before election will they will get their MC run up the road brisk brisk. They done start wrong already if they want to talk up in their ass. Been there done that with the false promises.

I need to see change in motion NOW from what someone else is offering….not seeing it.

wing
Riding on 18's

Postby wing » May 25th, 2022, 11:58 am

Dizzy28 wrote:

"Do you see that money in the Treasury at this time? Do you see the Minister of Finance being able to find that money so that you with jobs can get paid? Well, it might happen,” he told the crowd.

Ironic, that he asked if we see the money in the treasury at this time because as far as I remember NO government has showed or declared how much money was in the treasury but they always bawling it ain have , so I just supposed to take your word because politicians are always honest :S. This is animal farm in live action, it good for them but not good for the rest but we allow it.So Government Ministers hefty salaries and perks, not draining the country?

All of the country's financial information can be found on the Central Bank's website under its data centre portal

And now is not the time to get vex at Politicians salaries and perks - to do so now is just hypocritical given that its only so because of the pittance of an increment offered. Outrage should have been done when the Salary Review Commission review happened and when the car tax revelations came out. Pressure should have been placed then on all elected and appointed leaders. However what I saw was minor discontent but lots of red and yellow supporters justifying why their leaders need the pay they have. Same way mites supporting Foster now when potentially he is a corrupt PoS you can't be vex later on if it turns out he is secretly a billionaire.
Careful the banned alpha male's parrot come to sqawk and call you a cont and a red government idiot and take bull and unc not important and on and on. Lots of free thinkers in here.

hover11
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby hover11 » May 25th, 2022, 12:01 pm

Dizzy28 wrote:

Well said I see no justification that parliamentarians were earning $32000 in 2012 and a decade later $72000. What performance did they show to earn such but hey probably in 2025 it will increase again to 100k a month and men go beat they chest to say great is the PNM while they still on 2013 salary.

The_Honourable
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby The_Honourable » May 25th, 2022, 12:07 pm

hover11 wrote:
Dizzy28 wrote:

Well said I see no justification that parliamentarians were earning $32000 in 2012 and a decade later $72000. What performance did they show to earn such but hey probably in 2025 it will increase again to 100k a month and men go beat they chest to say great is the PNM while they still on 2013 salary.

The outrage was there but little to no pressure was applied. Then we got distracted plus our 9-day memory.

As zoom said, country full of stupid people.

hover11
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby hover11 » May 25th, 2022, 12:09 pm

wing wrote:
Dizzy28 wrote:

Careful the banned alpha male's parrot come to sqawk and call you a cont and a red government idiot and take bull and unc not important and on and on. Lots of free thinkers in here.
That only applies to you because it is established you are a cont....the government can do no wrong in your eyes and politicians deserve all the perks , salary and allowances....let's not talk about the money they make under the table...anyway lemme leave you in your bubble

Dizzy28
TriniTuner 24-7

Re: Re: PNM in Gov't

Postby Dizzy28 » May 25th, 2022, 12:14 pm

^ What is the source of that 72k per month?

Are you sure apples are being compared with apples? A minister would receive a salary comprising of several aspects. The basic in 2014 moved from 33 to 41k for a Cabinet Minister but there would have been much more allowances to tack on and a Minister who is an MP and on JSCs would be close to 72k for sure.

However in 2020 the basic was still 41k and no increase has happened since.

hover11
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby hover11 » May 25th, 2022, 1:09 pm

Dizzy28 wrote:^ What is the source of that 72k per month?

Are you sure apples are being compared with apples? A minister would receive a salary comprising of several aspects. The basic in 2014 moved from 33 to 41k for a Cabinet Minister but there would have been much more allowances to tack on and a Minister who is an MP and on JSCs would be close to 72k for sure.

Dizz

Why are we paying these ppl such outrageous amounts as MPs $72000 a month to begin with, what is the justification along with the perks and allowances , what stopping it from reaching 100 or 200k a month....since we don't stand for anything in this country. Real animal farm antics here yes

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby MaxPower » May 25th, 2022, 1:23 pm

hover11 wrote:since we don't stand for anything in this country.

J,

We have a Carnival.

hover11
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby hover11 » May 25th, 2022, 1:57 pm

MaxPower wrote:
hover11 wrote:since we don't stand for anything in this country.

J,

We have a Carnival.
Max,

Thank God for that, gotta have some reason to have our levels of decadence high

Dizzy28
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Dizzy28 » May 25th, 2022, 2:17 pm

hover11 wrote:
Dizzy28 wrote:^ What is the source of that 72k per month?

Dizz

Why are we paying these ppl such outrageous amounts as MPs $72000 a month to begin with, what is the justification along with the perks and allowances , what stopping it from reaching 100 or 200k a month....since we don't stand for anything in this country. Real animal farm antics here yes

The amounts may or may not be outrageous. But now is not the time to be sanctimonious about it. It seems that's been the salary for them since 2014. We are in 2022.

The national economy is proven to not be able to sustain an entire public sector increase in double digits. We have not had balanced budgets nor GDP growth in years. Public Servants living in Lala Land

daxt0r
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby daxt0r » May 25th, 2022, 5:35 pm

While i understand that can't get blood from stone there are other things that can be done to help maybe do a one-off payment.
Why from Newman George to Rowley lawyer who in charge ah PT to every political board appointee and member and MP contribute half their salary and give up all perks to share the burden. Why Faris clearly enrichened from years of that rent money doh give the government 1/4 price for a decade or so to help. Why doesn't all the useless politically appointed COE teams give us freebies for the good of the country and given they never amount to anything actionable? Why not get rid of the useless president and all her staff?
Why not disband the useless CEPEP and URP that adds nothing to GDP and only removes productive labour from the economy?
How about evicting every single person from all HDC houses in EAST POS/Laventille/PNM gangland areas and give to paying citizens who actually need the house.
Alas is left foot right foot ra-ra-ra-ra and smile an ramajay while PNM finanaciers, MPs and friends dingolay to bank in their fleet of luxury vehicles.

wing
Riding on 18's

Postby wing » May 25th, 2022, 6:48 pm

daxt0r wrote:While i understand that can't get blood from stone there are other things that can be done to help maybe do a one-off payment.
Why from Newman George to Rowley lawyer who in charge ah PT to every political board appointee and member and MP contribute half their salary and give up all perks to share the burden. Why Faris clearly enrichened from years of that rent money doh give the government 1/4 price for a decade or so to help. Why doesn't all the useless politically appointed COE teams give us freebies for the good of the country and given they never amount to anything actionable? Why not get rid of the useless president and all her staff?
Why not disband the useless CEPEP and URP that adds nothing to GDP and only removes productive labour from the economy?
How about evicting every single person from all HDC houses in EAST POS/Laventille/PNM gangland areas and give to paying citizens who actually need the house.
Alas is left foot right foot ra-ra-ra-ra and smile an ramajay while PNM finanaciers, MPs and friends dingolay to bank in their fleet of luxury vehicles.
Unlike many in this forum, we actually have someone who actually proposing solutions to help the public servants, although some may be considered controversial, I think many won't have a problem with these proposals. But now we have to pay OAS almost a billion, so now that 2% starting to look more realistic.

hover11
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby hover11 » May 25th, 2022, 6:51 pm

wing wrote:
daxt0r wrote:While i understand that can't get blood from stone there are other things that can be done to help maybe do a one-off payment.
Unlike many in this forum, we actually have someone who actually proposing solutions to help the public servants, although some may be considered controversial, I think many won't have a problem with these proposals. But now we have to pay OAS almost a billion, so now that 2% starting to look more realistic.
Whose fault is that the OAS contract was voided? You just spoke about not punishing taxpayers yet here you are stating that the 2 percent is looking more realistic

antlind
Riding on 17's

Postby antlind » May 25th, 2022, 7:03 pm

This will be the most expensive hwy never built.

hover11
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby hover11 » May 25th, 2022, 7:28 pm

X10000

Go to the head to the class but realistically speaking Arse wari would never reduce rent and URP , CEPEP would never stop due to them being political footballs. No matter how bad the economy is we still have the money for those two waste of time programmes, ppl start their working lives in URP and retire from URP, I thought that was supposed to be a temporary thing. I wasn't around in 1990 but I believe the stage is set and Trinidad is a ticking time bomb. Something hadda give and politicians look down at us from their ivory towers unphased until reality hits....

wing
Riding on 18's

Postby wing » May 25th, 2022, 7:52 pm

hover11 wrote:
wing wrote:
Whose fault is that the OAS contract was voided? You just spoke about not punishing taxpayers yet here you are stating that the 2 percent is looking more realistic
I said that taxpayers should get value for their contribution, such as a more effective and productive public service. This will encourage and even stimulate economic growth through improvement in ease of doing business, optimization of customs, tax collection etc. Then the economy will be able to sustain the increase without depending on outside factors. As it is, high oil prices is the only reason we even talking about salary increases for public servants. Because we all know that the government is too incompetent to generate increased revenue, reduce food imports etc.

hover11
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby hover11 » May 25th, 2022, 8:25 pm

wing wrote:
hover11 wrote:
wing wrote:
I said that taxpayers should get value for their contribution, such as a more effective and productive public service. This will encourage and even stimulate economic growth through improvement in ease of doing business, optimization of customs, tax collection etc. Then the economy will be able to sustain the increase without depending on outside factors. As it is, high oil prices is the only reason we even talking about salary increases for public servants. Because we all know that the government is too incompetent to generate increased revenue, reduce food imports etc.
Some holes in this reasoning , you say you want a more productive public service since that will equal more growth in the economy ok no problem. We only talking about salary increase with regards to high oil prices no problem following you so far...however where is the government focus now dropping tax on vehicles atm how that helping anybody right now, how is that going to drive this economy, the forex we just got from the windfall going back out , then again this was just a distraction so it looking like the government actually doing something , instead of taking that same money and giving public servants who will then take that new disposable income and support small businesses....idk is simple economics at play here

De Dragon
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby De Dragon » May 25th, 2022, 8:41 pm

Broken Wing seems to be the latest in the line of LFD RFD PNM apologists after Tunts7 and Red Colostomy Bag.

hover11
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby hover11 » May 25th, 2022, 8:49 pm

De Dragon wrote:Broken Wing seems to be the latest in the line of LFD RFD PNM apologists after Tunts7 and Red Colostomy Bag.
Where Redman and habit 7 , who here could really wake up everyday and say "Good job Rowley". Even Max has his doubts of PNM 2025 . Red government is penance that trinis hadda endure. Allya go watch big ppl and offer them 100 dollar increase before NIS and tax what they going home with, while the grocery prices skyrocketing, kamla used to theif inno but she used to give. 14 percent increase she gave and money was allocated for backpay

De Dragon
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby De Dragon » May 25th, 2022, 8:55 pm

hover11 wrote:
De Dragon wrote:Broken Wing seems to be the latest in the line of LFD RFD PNM apologists after Tunts7 and Red Colostomy Bag.
Where Redman and habit 7 , who here could really wake up everyday and say "Good job Rowley". Even Max has his doubts of PNM 2025 . Red government is penance that trinis hadda endure.

It's pure shame that keep these dummies from admitting what a total failure JUHN Scarfy and the ENTIRE LFD RFD PNM are.
Even Red Colostomy Bag dive out.

wing
Riding on 18's

Postby wing » May 25th, 2022, 9:30 pm

hover11 wrote:
Where Redman and habit 7 , who here could really wake up everyday and say "Good job Rowley". Even Max has his doubts of PNM 2025 . Red government is penance that trinis hadda endure. Allya go watch big ppl and offer them 100 dollar increase before NIS and tax what they going home with, while the grocery prices skyrocketing, kamla used to theif inno but she used to give. 14 percent increase she gave and money was allocated for backpay
Dragon, I didn't address you and you continue with the name calling. I already advised you to temper your behavior online lest your multinational employer have grounds to discipline you for online speech. I reiterate that many multinational corporations have very strict policies with regards to harassment and online behavior. I could be wrong however by assuming you are employed with a multinational corporation. Anyway, please desist from mentioning me in your posts since I didn't address you.

wing
Riding on 18's

Postby wing » May 25th, 2022, 9:39 pm

hover11 wrote:
wing wrote:
hover11 wrote:
wing wrote:
Some holes in this reasoning , you say you want a more productive public service since that will equal more growth in the economy ok no problem. We only talking about salary increase with regards to high oil prices no problem following you so far...however where is the government focus now dropping tax on vehicles atm how that helping anybody right now, how is that going to drive this economy, the forex we just got from the windfall going back out , then again this was just a distraction so it looking like the government actually doing something , instead of taking that same money and giving public servants who will then take that new disposable income and support small businesses....idk is simple economics at play here
I am not an economist so I will have some wrong ideas, but I believe the reason for the hybrid exemption is that hybrids use less fuel, so we don't have to import as much fuel, thus saving forex. As to if it will be a net gain, the public servants in the various ministries would have done the calculation. My concern is what happens when the public servants get the increases. How will it be sustained when oil prices go down. We already cannot depend on the government to suddenly diversify the economy or come up with innovation to increase revenue. However, the public service has its part to play by maximizing productivity and effeciency which we can agree has been below par for many years.

De Dragon
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby De Dragon » May 25th, 2022, 10:28 pm

wing wrote:
hover11 wrote:
Dragon, I didn't address you and you continue with the name calling. I already advised you to temper your behavior online lest your multinational employer have grounds to discipline you for online speech. I reiterate that many multinational corporations have very strict policies with regards to harassment and online behavior. I could be wrong however by assuming you are employed with a multinational corporation. Anyway, please desist from mentioning me in your posts since I didn't address you.

If you don't want responses to stupid posts, then you are definitely in the wrong place.
Also, it's cute that you think that you can dictate what and who I respond and reply to. This is a PUBLIC FORUM, and if your tender sensibilities are offended by small talk, then I suggest you exit stage right, or keep such posts to the nurturing environment of LFD RFD PNM.com :wink:

hover11
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby hover11 » May 26th, 2022, 7:22 am

They better find that money just like how they hadda find one Billion dollars to pay OAS. Jump high jump low find the money to pay the ppl money
FB_IMG_1653564052495.jpg

Dizzy28
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Dizzy28 » May 26th, 2022, 7:23 am

Has it crossed your mind one of the reasons we can't have balanced budgets is KPB's 14% (amongst other sheit they did)?

Expenditure being more than revenues goes back before Colm and 2015.

The signs were always there that our economy wasn't healthy. Peak economy happened in 2008.

Hover don't misread me I am all for wage increases however I do not want the next generation paying for it. As things stand now thats what will happen.
hover11 wrote:

hover11
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby hover11 » May 26th, 2022, 7:30 am

Dizzy28 wrote:Has it crossed your mind one of the reasons we can't have balanced budgets is KPB's 14% (amongst other sheit they did)?

Expenditure being more than revenues goes back before Colm and 2015.

The signs were always there that our economy wasn't healthy. Peak economy happened in 2008.

Hover don't misread me I am all for wage increases however I do not want the next generation paying for it. As things stand now thats what will happen.
hover11 wrote:
Dizz,

Question , our future generation is already screwed, look how much we owe the Chinese and other international bodies, do you really think we can repay those debts in our lifetime? We cannot but the fact remains all debts must be repaid , we have had defecit after deficit budgets for how many years now that the minister of finance was at a point where he did not want to accept we were in a spiraling depression. We honestly got a bit of luck due to the Ukrainian war and we using that money to pay bills. As I said before some serious decisions need to be made I do not agree that certain programmes exist anymore CEPEP or URP ....that is a drain on resources , also the overstaffed WASA restructure it asap , sell it if need be but we can't continue the on the path we are on.

Dizzy28
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Dizzy28 » May 26th, 2022, 9:17 am

^But you would be happy burdening the future generation even more? That's what a wage increase would do at this time and public servants seem hell bent on getting their pound of flesh.

hover11
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby hover11 » May 26th, 2022, 10:11 am

Do these ppl care about future generations ? Remember they pay no statutory deductions such as NIS and Tax as well

FB_IMG_1653574218824.jpg

viedcht
Riding on 18's

Postby viedcht » May 26th, 2022, 10:30 am

nah man. Regardless of his condition, boat wheelchair accessible and equipped. Yet citizens tax money running for dese govamint faqqz pay, and we hadda suffer. Widdyfohq my tax money deducting for. Bess we open some ah dem neq

https://trinidadexpress.com/newsextra/f ... bc707.html

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”