Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

hover11
TriniTuner 24-7

Re: Re: PNM in Gov't

Postby hover11 » August 11th, 2022, 6:29 am

wing wrote:
hover11 wrote:
shake d livin wake d dead wrote:That March not going to change jack sheit
Had the Government been doing their job in which they are being paid their hefty salaries to do in the first place which involve dealing with the bargaining periods on a timely basis, we would not be in this position. Let's see what happens when police, nurses , fire and prisons don't get their increase in wages.

Give to Ceasar, what is Ceasers'.We want our pound of flesh.
"Time the government runs their businesses like a real business and not a parlor."

Stop throwing money at unproductive entities. Weed out the slackers and compensate based on performance. Most if not all the high performing businesses are not unionised and are in the private sector. We must treat the public sector as a business in order to get value for money as well as enable the public servant to earn as they perform.
Unions serve a purpose, if it was left to simple management there would be total abuse of power. Unions offer protection. However, let's not take away the fact that the government has indeed dropped the ball and allowed this unpleasant situation to fester. Their obligation was to meet with the respective unions and negotiate for every three years. It is close to 10 years and not onesalary negotiation period has been completed under this administration.It has reached the point where we are currently owed three negotiation periods. You comparing government businesses to that of private sector, let's look at Angostura who recently settled wages from 2022 to 2025 at seven percent , the government needs to increase taxes on Angostura because clearly trinis love their rum at any costs, start running your economy like a business as well.

In the words of my current prime Minister, "I don't like my money sleeping out, I want every cent that is due to me"

hover11
TriniTuner 24-7

Re: PNM in Gov't

Postby hover11 » August 11th, 2022, 6:33 am

CONTRACTORS OWED MILLIONS BY THE THA, TO BE PAID ONLY THE TRUE VALUE OF THEIR WORK, SAYS CHIEF SECRETARY Farley Chavez Augustine :
FRAUD SQUAD TO BE CALLED IN IF NECESSARY.
Liz Williams

Millions owed to contractors will be paid by the Tobago House of Assembly, but only the cost of value for works done would be paid out. This from Chief Secretary Farley Augustine, as an ongoing audit continues.
Mr. Augustine also stated, the Assembly is trying to ensure payments are to be made to contractors by month end.

Augustine said,with the instances of corruption already seen, the Fraud Squad would be called in if necessary.
Mr. Augustine was speaking on the morning show on Tobago Channel 5.

timelapse
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby timelapse » August 11th, 2022, 6:54 am

wing wrote:
hover11 wrote:
Had the Government been doing their job in which they are being paid their hefty salaries to do in the first place which involve dealing with the bargaining periods on a timely basis, we would not be in this position. Let's see what happens when police, nurses , fire and prisons don't get their increase in wages.

"Time the government runs their businesses like a real business and not a parlor."

Stop throwing money at unproductive entities. Weed out the slackers and compensate based on performance. Most if not all the high performing businesses are not unionised and are in the private sector. We must treat the public sector as a business in order to get value for money as well as enable the public servant to earn as they perform.
X3000
Will paying unproductive elements make them work better?I hadda be dotish to believe that.

Somebody needs to do a wasa on the public service.You not doing any work, gtfo.Especially with the amount of absentee supervisors or those old slackers that read newspapers all day.They haven't even graduated to social media as yet.

But lets not stop there.The prime minister ent wukking either.Fire him as well

hover11
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby hover11 » August 11th, 2022, 6:59 am

timelapse wrote:
wing wrote:
hover11 wrote:

X3000
Will paying unproductive elements make them work better?I hadda be dotish to believe that.

Somebody needs to do a wasa on the public service.You not doing any work, gtfo.Especially with the amount of absentee supervisors or those old slackers that read newspapers all day.They haven't even graduated to social media as yet.

But lets not stop there.The prime minister ent wukking either.Fire him as well
X100000

We watching the small man. But WTF the politicians doing when the day come? How many does actually do a day wuk , sometimes they don't even show up for parliament, those who show up sleeping and couldn't be bothered but their hefty salaries on time every month though. We can't be crying for productivity when we still have WFOTs leading the way, the public service simply following their leaders. The leader is supposed to set an example , what kind of example these ppl setting? DO NOTHING and still be rewarded.

matix
Shifting into 6th

Postby matix » August 11th, 2022, 7:12 am

hover11 wrote:
wing wrote:
hover11 wrote:

Unions serve a purpose, if it was left to simple management there would be total abuse of power. Unions offer protection. However, let's not take away the fact that the government has indeed dropped the ball and allowed this unpleasant situation to fester. Their obligation was to meet with the respective unions and negotiate for every three years. It is close to 10 years and not onesalary negotiation period has been completed under this administration.It has reached the point where we are currently owed three negotiation periods. You comparing government businesses to that of private sector, let's look at Angostura who recently settled wages from 2022 to 2025 at seven percent , the government needs to increase taxes on Angostura because clearly trinis love their rum at any costs, start running your economy like a business as well.

In the words of my current prime Minister, "I don't like my money sleeping out, I want every cent that is due to me"

Most private sector people actually do work for their salaries, I understand your issue with salary negotiations, but face the reality. Most government workers are overpaid, underworked, always complaining, uses the facilities as if it’s their own. And I’m not asking for your approval, it’s what I’ve seen, experienced while doing maintenance on several offices. Surveys should be done on time worked vs time on social media, in the kitchen, leaving the office. From TTPS, to health, licensing, NIB, you name the office most of them are a bunch of lazy facks.

hover11
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby hover11 » August 11th, 2022, 7:22 am

matix wrote:
hover11 wrote:
wing wrote:
hover11 wrote:

Most private sector people actually do work for their salaries, I understand your issue with salary negotiations, but face the reality. Most government workers are overpaid, underworked, always complaining, uses the facilities as if it’s their own. And I’m not asking for your approval, it’s what I’ve seen, experienced while doing maintenance on several offices. Surveys should be done on time worked vs time on social media, in the kitchen, leaving the office. From TTPS, to health, licensing, NIB, you name the office most of them are a bunch of lazy facks.
With that note look at the bureaucracy between that of private and public. The red tape that you need to do a simple process in a government office compared to that of private there are many factors not only lazy public servants, there are hard working servants just the system is a mess just factor in that. Public servants don't make policies simply follow them so your grievance still lies with the powers that be.

wing
Riding on 18's

Postby wing » August 11th, 2022, 7:53 am

hover11 wrote:
matix wrote:
hover11 wrote:
wing wrote:
hover11 wrote:

With that note look at the bureaucracy between that of private and public. The red tape that you need to do a simple process in a government office compared to that of private there are many factors not only lazy public servants, there are hard working servants just the system is a mess just factor in that. Public servants don't make policies simply follow them so your grievance still lies with the powers that be.
As you have said repeatedly, government needs to run its affairs like a business and not like a parlor. And fundamentally, it puts the public servants in the cross hairs. The one thing that "protects" the public servant, is the same thing that is the major problem. It encourages poor performance without accountability with the added power to hold the country to ransom... because "we want we money now". Are you willing to purge the public service of non performers like what is being considered for Wasa? Are you willing to submit to a performance based compensation package rather than the usual progression based on years employed?

hover11
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby hover11 » August 11th, 2022, 11:03 am

wing wrote:
hover11 wrote:
matix wrote:
hover11 wrote:
wing wrote:
hover11 wrote:

As you have said repeatedly, government needs to run its affairs like a business and not like a parlor. And fundamentally, it puts the public servants in the cross hairs. The one thing that "protects" the public servant, is the same thing that is the major problem. It encourages poor performance without accountability with the added power to hold the country to ransom... because "we want we money now". Are you willing to purge the public service of non performers like what is being considered for Wasa? Are you willing to submit to a performance based compensation package rather than the usual progression based on years employed?
You talking about performance and cost cutting measures it leads us back to the same issue

Do you or do you not agree leaders should lead by example, all these measures sound nice on paper but are politicians the true leaders performing?? How you want a business to function and the owner or leaders themselves are underperforming? What type of example are they setting?

Rovin
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Rovin » August 11th, 2022, 11:04 am

well allyuh pm apparently get back good & said to return to "work" today

i know some u badly want to say what ur thinking in ur mind ... ..

hover11
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby hover11 » August 11th, 2022, 11:10 am

Rovin wrote:well allyuh pm apparently get back good & said to return to "work" today

i know some u badly want to say what ur thinking in ur mind ... ..
Return to work?...hmmm, better he stayed in isolation until 2025 cause he here or he not here....makes no difference

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby MaxPower » August 11th, 2022, 12:12 pm

Team,

Your Master Keith is now out of quarantine.

death365
Riding on 18's

Postby death365 » August 11th, 2022, 12:27 pm

them union leaders get pay off to stay quiet from 15 to now. how else to explain that 3 periods elapse with little or no fuss.

btw 1 day after the 2nd period ended, they should have gone into abirritation and then - if not settled, industrial court. ALLOF THIS WAS B4 COVID and covid didnt really stop court matters.

hover11
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby hover11 » August 11th, 2022, 12:50 pm

death365 wrote:them union leaders get pay off to stay quiet from 15 to now. how else to explain that 3 periods elapse with little or no fuss.

btw 1 day after the 2nd period ended, they should have gone into abirritation and then - if not settled, industrial court. ALLOF THIS WAS B4 COVID and covid didnt really stop court matters.
Possible, because the unions were ready to go on a full out war when it came to the PP administration who willingly gave them 15 percent meanwhile with PNM it come like you always hadda beg for what is yours....anyway most of the public distracted by rowley getting horn. The sad thing is ppl dying before they get what is due to them, many public servants police , nurses, doctors et al have died before receiving their backpay. While Rowley, glad to say his money don't sleep out, he gets every cent when he needs it. Such a sensitive and caring leader that one.

K74T
TunerGod

Postby K74T » August 12th, 2022, 7:27 am

maj. tom wrote:send back pics from the front.
This. Hovendra, don't forget the pics later baiyya.

The_Honourable
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby The_Honourable » August 12th, 2022, 11:12 am

PUBLIC SERVANTS GATHER

Public servants and their union, the Public Services Association, have garnered the support of several other unions in a joint movement. Workers and their unions are presently gathering at the Brian Lara Promenade ahead of a march against the 4% offer by the CPO. The gathering has already amassed hundreds of workers.

maj. tom
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby maj. tom » August 12th, 2022, 11:38 am

ah seeing hover11 dey. he log in with the trinituner app and using data.

Rovin
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Rovin » August 12th, 2022, 12:00 pm

they all shud shout out GR8 IZ DEE PEE NM !!! ....
Last edited by Rovin on August 12th, 2022, 12:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kickstart
Riding on 16's

Postby Kickstart » August 12th, 2022, 12:01 pm

The_Honourable wrote:PUBLIC SERVANTS GATHER

Public servants and their union, the Public Services Association, have garnered the support of several other unions in a joint movement. Workers and their unions are presently gathering at the Brian Lara Promenade ahead of a march against the 4% offer by the CPO. The gathering has already amassed hundreds of workers.

Much to do about nothing, they will still vote PNM.

Then again I am all in favor for pay raises biased on performance rather than spending time on social media

ProtonPowder
Riding on 18's

Postby ProtonPowder » August 12th, 2022, 10:15 pm

Anyone in favour of performance based pay raises have never seen how performance appraisals work in the public service.

Most ministries and divisions done even have useful metrics for gauging performance.

shake d livin wake d dead
TunerGod

Postby shake d livin wake d dead » August 12th, 2022, 10:26 pm

Soooooooo....what did the march change today?

paid_influencer
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Postby paid_influencer » August 12th, 2022, 10:58 pm

unions got sold out long time.. everything switch to short-term contracts ... from the time that happened, unions were on the way out.. the new generation do not know a time before short-term contracts ... and have no power to do anything about it now ... your nurse on a 1 year contract... no power in a 1 year contract.. all power transferred .. sold off by the last generation of union bosses...

hover11
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby hover11 » August 13th, 2022, 7:03 am

Next step is to shut down the dam country for a week to send the message . Let the politicians come and do the wuk. Let the politicians who always pulling stones come and pull they hand. Time for the workers to rest and reflect

hover11
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby hover11 » August 13th, 2022, 7:08 am

Time for talk is over
FB_IMG_1660388853392.jpg

DMan7
punchin NOS

Postby DMan7 » August 13th, 2022, 7:22 am

Allya not going to get more than 4%, just a complete and utter waste of time and energy that march. But then again the unions have to look like they doing something for the people who they represent.

goalpost
punchin NOS

Postby goalpost » August 13th, 2022, 7:24 am

Can't believe it have posters in here agree with just 4%.

hover11
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby hover11 » August 13th, 2022, 7:36 am

goalpost wrote:Can't believe it have posters in here agree with just 4%.
Don't mind the ignorance they are disconnected and just on the outside looking in, they don't have a clue what occurs in the public service , the BS you have to put up , I sure if you ask them, their salaries have increased within the last ten years. Anyway they are so vocal co concerning this matter yet they let politicians get away with murder , some even quoting public servants are lazy, stupid, et al. Yet ask them what rowley and his cohorts have done for the past 7 years they become quiet and deflect. What achievements and accolades do they have to show for their hefty salaries.........NOTHING. We will fight to the end comrades, this is war.
FB_IMG_1660390306177.jpg

DMan7
punchin NOS

Postby DMan7 » August 13th, 2022, 7:41 am

Allya go be back behind your desks bright and early Monday morning NOT doing your work and spending all day on facebook. "Fight till the end" :lol:

hover11
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby hover11 » August 13th, 2022, 7:47 am

DMan7 wrote:Allya go be back behind your desks bright and early Monday morning NOT doing your work and spending all day on facebook. "Fight till the end"
So police don't work, nurses don't work, immigration don't work, customs officers who process what yall order every week don't work......you know they are public servants as well right, well when they shutdown you will see who not working, time to down tools :S

daxt0r
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby daxt0r » August 13th, 2022, 8:00 am

hove boy sad to say once yuh is not par of dey mob from diego to beetham, and now places where they entrench they cockroaches like enterprise, cunipia, grande yuh eh have nothing to get. PNM ppl only does rob/rape/tief/kill all ova d island, if they want a raise they just rob somebody. And there reward by their government is pools and state contracts to do nothing, dem doH give one chit about hard working folks, thats not and will never be their voter base.
Go get a powder neck an start robbin, yuh go gt fasta

adnj
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby adnj » August 13th, 2022, 8:13 am

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”