redmanjp
TriniTuner 24-7

Re: COVIDIOTS in Trinidad & Tobago

Postby redmanjp » May 1st, 2021, 10:22 pm

timelapse
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby timelapse » May 2nd, 2021, 6:29 am

My people does shame me.Most of dem crowds is indos.I see it for myself.Allyuh cyah stay home and eat a blasted sada?

drchaos
punchin NOS

Postby drchaos » May 2nd, 2021, 9:29 am

Dohplaydat wrote:Dude learn to read, it's a valuable skill.

I said the CFR is 1.6% this has nothing to do with how many cases out there in reality.

With 350 cases detected daily we will have 5.5 deaths. Simple math.

Now 5.5 x 7 = 38.5 so round up to 39.

Weekly we have on average 40 cardiac related deaths.

We are very close to having Covid being the number one killer.

Now please read over my post slowly so you don't make a fool of yourself again.

What is it with your kind ( the dotish kind) and freaking up simple stats and maths

Cardiovascular deaths in T&T is not 40 per week ... either you are dumb or lying
Its around 60+ per week and that's based on legal registered citizens ... Undocumented immigrants into the equation will send this number higher
https://ourworldindata.org/grapher/card ... eath-rates

You also have no clue if those positive test results are from this week or multiple previous weeks due to screw ups in the MOH
I know patients who got positive results in 4 days and others who waited 4 weeks for a positive result.
So you do not have accurate week by week case data.

Why make up stats and then firetruck up the maths? To convince people the sky is fall? Go firetruck yourself chicken little. :lol:
Last edited by drchaos on May 2nd, 2021, 9:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

De Dragon
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby De Dragon » May 2nd, 2021, 9:45 am

drchaos wrote:
Dohplaydat wrote:Dude learn to read, it's a valuable skill.

I said the CFR is 1.6% this has nothing to do with how many cases out there in reality.

With 350 cases detected daily we will have 5.5 deaths. Simple math.

Now 5.5 x 7 = 38.5 so round up to 39.

Weekly we have on average 40 cardiac related deaths.

We are very close to having Covid being the number one killer.

Now please read over my post slowly so you don't make a fool of yourself again.

What is it with your kind ( the dotish kind) and freaking up simple stats and maths

Cardiovascular deaths in T&T is not 40 per week ... either you are dumb or lying
Its around 60+ per week and that's based on legal registered citizens ... Undocumented immigrants into the equation will send this number higher
https://ourworldindata.org/grapher/card ... eath-rates

You also have no clue if those positive test results are from this week or multiple previous weeks due to inefficacy
I know patients who got positive results is 4 days and others who went 4 weeks for a positive result.
So you do not have accurate week by week case data.

Why make up stats and then firetruck up the maths? To convince people the sky is fall? Go firetruck yourself chicken little. :lol:

You seem upset.

carluva
Shifting into 6th

Postby carluva » May 2nd, 2021, 9:51 am

Dragon, check your pm

drchaos
punchin NOS

Postby drchaos » May 2nd, 2021, 10:12 am

Honest question ...

With the leadership we have ... or the lack thereof. We not going to get enough vaccines/people vaccinated to achieve herd immunity probably until the end of next year.

Yall think destroying the economy and driving people into poverty and bankrupting the country with rolling lock downs for the next 1 and 3/4 years is we best option?

SuperiorMan
punchin NOS

Postby SuperiorMan » May 2nd, 2021, 10:23 am

Dr. Chaos,

You are too smart for these people.

adnj
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby adnj » May 2nd, 2021, 10:32 am

drchaos wrote:Honest question ...

With the leadership we have ... or the lack thereof. We not going to get enough vaccines/people vaccinated to achieve herd immunity probably until the end of next year.

Yall think destroying the economy and driving people into poverty and bankrupting the country with rolling lock downs for the next 1 and 3/4 years is we best option?

Memorialized...

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

COVIDIOTS in Trinidad & Tobago

Postby MaxPower » May 2nd, 2021, 10:40 am

Hello drchaos,

If Trinis consistently wore their masks, sanitized and kept their distances, what would be the state of the country?

As i clearly recall, the PM did warn the population since March 2020 that if they do not follow the protocols, the Govt will take action.

Our PM emphasized over and over and over....DO NOT CONGREGATE....the vast majority of the population blatantly, outrightly and boldly disregarded the countless pleas and they continue to do so till present day.

Trinis drove themselves into poverty and thrashed this economy. I admit the Govt has some part to play, but why give them all the reason to?

But hey, when i look around all i see is irresponsible Trinis whose asses are happy 24/7, sun or rain, rich or poor, pnm or unc, covid or not.

This pandemic continues to show the true color of T&T.

Premchand1976
Riding on 16's

Postby Premchand1976 » May 2nd, 2021, 10:56 am

Another question to ask is " what do they anticipate to occur in the next 3 weeks as it pertains to this new wave and it's rampant spread "? If it subsides ( highly doubt this ) then we may see some relaxing but, what if it does not ( which I highly anticipate)? Are we gonna do another 3 week lockdown ? What's with the 21 days lockdown? Why not 30 days, or ,60 days, or even 14 days ??? Lockdown ain't the solution, mask up and move about, let the police move around and enforce the law as well. Trinis are lawless , let the law bring them in line, not a " senseless " lockdown. It ain't wuk back then, it ain't gonna wuk now.

redmanjp
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby redmanjp » May 2nd, 2021, 1:01 pm

The lockdown last year did work. For many weeks their were 0 cases after community testing began. Right up until July. It is of course a temporary solution. Not a permanent one. The permanent one being vaccines.

The semi permanent one is the public health measures such as wearing masks distancing and avoiding gatherings.

If ppl were wearing masks all along and avoiding gatherings at home things may not have been so bad. It may not have been so good either as there is another factor which is the P1 variant which entered our borders which the Government needs to be accountable for but we were seeing the noncompliance by the public for the past few weeks as well, despite repeated warnings by the MOH team and the PM.

So in the absence of enough vaccine, together with the non adherence to the regulations, and faced with skyrocketing cases what is the Government to do? As to whether 3 weeks is enough considering the variant, who knows. But if ppl continue to not wear their mask properly while going to the places which are not lockdown and continue to have their zesser and wesser events, birthday parties etc during this time then yes the 3 weeks will not be enough.

It's up to John Public to exercise some discipline for once in their lives so we can get out of this. We can hold Govt accountable for border failures but not use that as an excuse to misbehave. Otherwise we will either remain locked down or end up like India.

drchaos
punchin NOS

Postby drchaos » May 2nd, 2021, 2:52 pm

MaxPower wrote:

Hello drchaos,

If Trinis consistently wore their masks, sanitized and kept their distances, what would be the state of the country?

As i clearly recall, the PM did warn the population since March 2020 that if they do not follow the protocols, the Govt will take action.

Our PM emphasized over and over and over....DO NOT CONGREGATE....the vast majority of the population blatantly, outrightly and boldly disregarded the countless pleas and they continue to do so till present day.

Trinis drove themselves into poverty and thrashed this economy. I admit the Govt has some part to play, but why give them all the reason to?

But hey, when i look around all i see is irresponsible Trinis whose asses are happy 24/7, sun or rain, rich or poor, pnm or unc, covid or not.

Honest discussion without being insulative.

The politicians are directing the blame on "Trinis" ... And making us feel we are the problem.
But Britain ... Italy ... US all had the bigger problems, actually worse than T&T.
So are you telling me that the British, who are known for their discipline are worse of than Trini's?

Is this a trini problem or a human problem ... Leaders are giving us impossible orders to follow and then blaming us when it turns out wrong.

We are social beings ...Your whole frontal cortex is developed for social connection and interaction. Not to lock yourself in and watch netflix for 3 years.

redmanjp
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby redmanjp » May 2nd, 2021, 3:05 pm

there is zoom/whatsapp video/google meet etc. for that. we don't need to be in person spreading a dangerous virus.

if we must meet in person just stay 6 feet apart and wear a firetrucking mask. not rocket science.

yuh feel india worried about not having social interaction right now, or rather looking for oxygen tank they can't get for their mother or father or brother or sister who can't take a breath and slowly suffocating to death because d virus get out of control?

aaron17
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Postby aaron17 » May 2nd, 2021, 3:16 pm

The lockdown worked because they shut down private sector too...idk what they really doing now...sheesh.

Dohplaydat
punchin NOS

Postby Dohplaydat » May 2nd, 2021, 3:20 pm

drchaos wrote:
MaxPower wrote:

Hello drchaos,

Honest discussion without being insulative.

The politicians are directing the blame on "Trinis" ... And making us feel we are the problem.
But Britain ... Italy ... US all had the bigger problems, actually worse than T&T.
So are you telling me that the British, who are known for their discipline are worse of than Trini's?

Is this a trini problem or a human problem ... Leaders are giving us impossible orders to follow and then blaming us when it turns out wrong.

We are social beings ...Your whole frontal cortex is developed for social connection and interaction. Not to lock yourself in and watch netflix for 3 years.

I would actually agree with you here. Blaming people is absolutely stupid, especially as 99% of the cases aren't being spread by people lining up to buy food, or in KFC drive-thru or going beach.

Every single person I know who contracted covid got it from a family member, work, then house limes, then gyms or church. I don't know a single person who got it from liming by bar or dining out.

A month ago my brother tried to go for a covid test, got turned away because he didn't have a fever or a cough.

That night he went to dinner with his GF's parents and went to work half day the next day. He lives at home with my parents.

My parents got it, my mom was mostly asymptomatic, my pops got it a lil bad but is fine now, didn't need any hospitalization.

His gf didn't get it, her parents didn't get it. I didn't get it (he came to quarantine by me), but I got it in Sept so I'm possibly still immune.

But all his co-workers got it.

Covid is an indoor disease, yet we blaming people for going out and supporting the economy.

Dohplaydat
punchin NOS

Postby Dohplaydat » May 2nd, 2021, 3:21 pm

aaron17 wrote:The lockdown worked because they shut down private sector too...idk what they really doing now...sheesh.

T&TEC staff on rotation I hear.

7am to 3pm one set, 8am to 4pm the next set.....Mon-Fri

That making any sense :D :D

Government just doing PR to pretend to stop covid, this lockdown won't be as effective as I thought.

De Dragon
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby De Dragon » May 2nd, 2021, 3:23 pm

aaron17 wrote:The lockdown worked because they shut down private sector too...idk what they really doing now...sheesh.

Illogical to think that mass crowding at street vendors is safer than one car/single masked person contact at a drive through or curbside pick-up

paid_influencer

Postby paid_influencer » May 2nd, 2021, 4:13 pm

De Dragon wrote:

Illogical to think that mass crowding at street vendors is safer than one car/single masked person contact at a drive through or curbside pick-up

is not just that tho. I feel a major driver of all this is to prevent people from spending their money on foolishness because things going to get real hard

major economic collapse hard

widdyphuck
18 pounds of Boost

Postby widdyphuck » May 2nd, 2021, 4:21 pm

paid_influencer wrote:
De Dragon wrote:

is not just that tho. I feel a major driver of all this is to prevent people from spending their money on foolishness because things going to get real hard

People still have money to spend?

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby MaxPower » May 2nd, 2021, 4:22 pm

Team,

Remember for the first lockdown we weren’t testing as much as we are now.

Lil hard to tell if it was effective.

What is effective is following ALL Covid 19 protocols.

De Dragon
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby De Dragon » May 2nd, 2021, 4:42 pm

paid_influencer wrote:
De Dragon wrote:

Well if people wanna piss away their money on dead and buy every single meal, and can't read the teal leaves, well........

paid_influencer

Postby paid_influencer » May 2nd, 2021, 4:46 pm

them same people will riot and want to bun down port of spain

SLVR1
Sweet on this forum

Postby SLVR1 » May 2nd, 2021, 5:21 pm

Remember at a company I worked at, one guy said it was cheaper for him to buy 3 meals a day everyday than to cook lol.

widdyphuck
18 pounds of Boost

Postby widdyphuck » May 2nd, 2021, 5:23 pm

SLVR1 wrote:Remember at a company I worked at, one guy said it was cheaper for him to buy 3 meals a day everyday than to cook lol.
It cheaper to pay for sex than get married.

Kenjo
punchin NOS

Postby Kenjo » May 2nd, 2021, 5:24 pm

MaxPower wrote:Team,

Shouldn’t we have had heard immunity by now then ?

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » May 2nd, 2021, 5:30 pm

Need to to extensive antibody testing to determine that.

But, when u do have that, it would be harder to jump from one person to the next,
So ur numbers would be low, as it can't propagate to new people.

Even with this spike, our numbers are still low.

j.o.e

Postby j.o.e » May 2nd, 2021, 6:34 pm

Kenjo wrote:
MaxPower wrote:Team,

Shouldn’t we have had heard immunity by now then ?

We could never be remotely close to herd immunity. That’s ridiculous……. Even without testing we would have a higher amount of unaccounted deaths and hospital check ins to go along with it.

drchaos
punchin NOS

Postby drchaos » May 2nd, 2021, 7:24 pm

wtf wrote:
SLVR1 wrote:Remember at a company I worked at, one guy said it was cheaper for him to buy 3 meals a day everyday than to cook lol.

I dunno Dred ... I hear it have some expensive high end venez now ...

$1200 I hearing for an hour ... 2 hours twice per week that is $19200 a month

De wifee doh cost dat much plus she does contribute to the household. :lol: :lol: :lol:

widdyphuck
18 pounds of Boost

Postby widdyphuck » May 2nd, 2021, 7:27 pm

drchaos wrote:
wtf wrote:

De wifee doh cost dat much plus she does contribute to the household.
Wife costs more in the long run bro.

paid_influencer

Postby paid_influencer » May 2nd, 2021, 7:52 pm

wtf wrote:
drchaos wrote:
wtf wrote:

De wifee doh cost dat much plus she does contribute to the household.
Wife costs more in the long run bro.

I would look at it as buying a car vs renting a car.

You have to take into consideration if your drive time is only 2 minutes. It might not make sense either renting a car or buying a car for that purpose. You might be better off walking by yourself instead.

tl:dr, if you are marrying, do not do it for sex. Do it for values, shared goals, etc, long term thinking. Do not patronize prostitutes either, because it is a waste of money, you can get STDs, and it is directly financing human rights violations.

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”