TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

COVID-19 Vaccine Tracker (News and Updates) (Poll added)

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

Are you taking the COVID-19 Vaccine?

Yes, I am already vaccinated.
67%
Yes, I am awaiting vaccination.
10%
No, I don't want it.
16%
I am not sure.
7%

Total votes: 121

hover11
TriniTuner 24-7

Re: COVID-19 Vaccine Tracker (News and Updates) (Poll added)

Postby hover11 » July 28th, 2021, 12:45 pm

So said so done you create an underground need ,citizens already access fake ID, DP what is an immunization card....

Habit7
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Habit7 » July 28th, 2021, 1:07 pm

The future PM of Tobago

Mmoney607
30 pounds of Boost

Postby Mmoney607 » July 28th, 2021, 1:09 pm

Habit7 wrote:The future PM of Tobago

Straight facts

redmanjp
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby redmanjp » July 28th, 2021, 1:13 pm

Mmoney607 wrote:
redmanjp wrote:^ are viral loads lower though
the latest news about similar viral loads in vaxxed and unvaxxed infected with delta might mean it will be a shortlived opening if any at all. once delta reach close down again

Yup redmanjp. The statements of the cdc and fauci yesterday show that vaccine passports make no sense. Matter of fact, I would say that vaccinated people are more of a threat than unvaccinated people.

But vaccine blind loyalist will ignore this information.

i meant after a 3rd dose. if they are maybe issue vaxx passes to 3rd dose vaxxers. but put an expiry date in case another variant arises

but ideally that 3rd dose shouldn't just be the same as the other 2 - they need to put the RNA code of the Delta variant in it so it now directly targets this variant, and perhaps gamma and others so u get better efficacy

elec2020
12 pounds of Boost

Postby elec2020 » July 28th, 2021, 1:27 pm

hover11 wrote:So said so done you create an underground need ,citizens already access fake ID, DP what is an immunization card....

they can't get a hold of fake ids and dps but they will get it together for vaccination cards. LOLLOL!

redmanjp
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby redmanjp » July 28th, 2021, 2:16 pm

DPs in recent years harder to fake. the old ones where u can slip a passport pic in between two pice of plastic sure.

perhaps we need new vax cards with the same new technology. but this will slow down the vaccination rate if every health centre and mass site has to do it

De Dragon
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby De Dragon » July 29th, 2021, 12:12 am

Don't get vaccinated. Get Covid. Dead(possibly).
That'll show those vaccine Nazis.

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » July 29th, 2021, 1:17 am

so wait, ur health minister says only one combination of vaccine is allowable, as it is the only one WHO recomends?

does this man not know how these vaccines work?
does the people that advise him not understnad how these vaccines work?
the people that advise him, are willing to be known as the people that advised him and he gone on to make that pronouncement?

wtf.

De Dragon
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby De Dragon » July 29th, 2021, 5:17 am

sMASH wrote:so wait, ur health minister says only one combination of vaccine is allowable, as it is the only one WHO recomends?

does this man not know how these vaccines work?
does the people that advise him not understnad how these vaccines work?
the people that advise him, are willing to be known as the people that advised him and he gone on to make that pronouncement?

wtf.

Colos and Tuntsy and the LFD RFD PNM Brigade say Tearsy handling stories like ah borse. :roll:

daring dragoon
18 pounds of Boost

Postby daring dragoon » July 29th, 2021, 5:26 am

De Dragon wrote:Don't get vaccinated. Get Covid. Dead(possibly).

How do you explain how come we all see people not wearing mask properly etc or not wearing mask at all interacting with people daily an not getting covid. If you vacinated how it bothering you if i am not? Allyuh go ahead an take it an the rest of us will wait to see what going on or till a good vaccine come out where i dont have to care about covid after i vaccinated. Thank you vaccinated people for being the gineau pigs.

De Dragon
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby De Dragon » July 29th, 2021, 7:48 am

daring dragoon wrote:

How do you explain how come we all see people not wearing mask properly etc or not wearing mask at all interacting with people daily an not getting covid. If you vacinated how it bothering you if i am not? Allyuh go ahead an take it an the rest of us will wait to see what going on or till a good vaccine come out where i dont have to care about covid after i vaccinated. Thank you vaccinated people for being the gineau pigs.

You and others like you will either get Covid and overload the system, or get it and spread it to others. I don't think you all appreciate how close we were to that happening last month :roll:
Already took dose 1 of AZ.
You will ALWAYS have to worry about Covid, you think the flu vaccine eliminated the flu? :roll: Also with the pandemic contained, what resources, aside from booster shot production will realistically be spent on Covid vaccine furtherance?

aaron17
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Postby aaron17 » July 29th, 2021, 8:24 am

I dont want to feel that guilt of letting ppl die

Dohplaydat
punchin NOS

Postby Dohplaydat » July 29th, 2021, 8:37 am

daring dragoon wrote:

Survivorship bias is strong with this one. Can you explain how I brush over 30 women and have not yet contracted any STDs?

Listen if you and many others don't take the vaccine here's what happens:

1. A sizeable number of people continue to get very sick, overloading the health care systems and thus 'forcing' the governments to introduce restrictions and lockdowns. Unless you're an introverted neckbeard virgin, I can't see why anyone would not want things back to normal.

2. Allowing the virus to spread amongst non-vaccinated persons will almost guarantee new variants that can possibly evade existing vaccines.

3. You're now more likely to spread covid (there is an 80-90% reduction in spreadability if vaccinated). This means we won't get to herd immunity unless you take it. There are a number of persons who can't take these vaccines due to underlying health conditions. One chick I know has an auto-immune disorder and get's very very ill even if she gets the flu. She and many others are at high risk for covid. Therefore, fully expect businesses, workplaces, and offices to NOT want your unvaccinated ass around them.

4. You die or get very ill, or you infect badly or kill someone close to you who you convinced not to get vaccinated. Can you live with that guilt?

adnj
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby adnj » July 29th, 2021, 8:39 am

COVID Symptoms May Linger In Some Vaccinated People Who Get Infected, Study Finds

There's more potentially worrisome news for vaccinated people: In very rare cases, people experiencing breakthrough infections may be at risk for long-COVID symptoms.

That's according to a small new study of fully vaccinated health care workers in Israel, published Wednesday in The New England Journal of Medicine.

The study confirmed what's already known: That it's very rare for fully vaccinated people to get infected or sick with COVID-19. But it also found lingering COVID symptoms did develop in a handful of breakthrough cases.

Researchers studied 1,497 vaccinated health care workers at the Sheba Medical Center in Israel. Among them, only 39 got infected despite their inoculations. Of those, seven — or about 19% — developed symptoms that lasted at least six weeks, including headaches, muscle pain, loss of taste and smell and fatigue.

"It's really disturbing," says Dr. Gili Regev-Yochay, director of the infection, prevention and control unit with the Sheba Medical Center and an author of the study.

"If this is what we're going to see with all of the even mildly symptomatic infections that we're seeing now, it's definitely worrisome," she says.

https://www.npr.org/sections/health-sho ... y-suggests

adnj
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby adnj » July 29th, 2021, 8:49 am

In the USA

Covid vaccine mandates are on the rise. Will that move the needle?

While Covid-19 vaccines are still awaiting full approval from the Food and Drug Administration, which may be one reason why some people remain hesitant about receiving a shot, there's no legal basis stopping employers from mandating the vaccination, said Joel Friedman, an attorney and professor specializing in labor law at Tulane University in New Orleans.

He added that federal law allows only narrow exceptions for why an employee can decline to get vaccinated, such as whether the worker is protected under the Americans With Disabilities Act or if they have a religious exemption.

Those cases, however, would make up only a small portion of the workforce, Friedman said, and the "government can enforce requirements for the public good, safety and welfare."

Already, this week has seen a number of U.S. employers roll out impending vaccination requirements as businesses wrestle with potential backlash and many employees who had been working from home for months begin transitioning back to the office.

On Monday, the Department of Veterans Affairs became the first federal agency to require all of its medical facility employees to be vaccinated against Covid-19.

The Washington Post told staff on Tuesday that they must show proof of vaccination as a condition of employment when they have to return to their workplace in September.

On Wednesday, Google became the first major tech company to announce it will require employees returning to its campuses to be vaccinated. Facebook followed with a similar requirement, and Netflix also became the first major studio to require vaccinations for cast and certain employees on all U.S. productions. Separately, New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo, a Democrat, said his state's 130,000 government workers must be vaccinated or face weekly testing.

https://www.nbcnews.com/health/health-n ... e-n1275340

VexXx Dogg
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby VexXx Dogg » July 29th, 2021, 9:00 am

I think the direction some countries and companies are taking is that for the unvaccinated (by choice, not by medical), frequent tests are required to report to work and the employee who made that choice to remain unvaccinated will bear the cost of the high frequency testing.

fair compromise.

paid_influencer

Postby paid_influencer » July 29th, 2021, 9:19 am

VexXx Dogg wrote:I think the direction some countries and companies are taking is that for the unvaccinated (by choice, not by medical), frequent tests are required to report to work and the employee who made that choice to remain unvaccinated will bear the cost of the high frequency testing.

fair compromise.

I don't see that as a good compromise. Private companies do not have the expertise to create or implement public health policy. You will get nonsensical rules that don't work, are outdated and/or not grounded in science. The rules might make sense now, but as we are seeing, the science is changing and we can't take anything for granted (especially with regards to the level of protection offered by vaccination against transmission of variants).

The only good strategy is for the MoH to come up with frequently-updated Employer guidelines (OSHA compliant and Union recognized) for COVID19 as they promised and let companies have a published, voluntary standard to comply against.

Public Health is the job of the Ministry, not Employers.

Habit7
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Habit7 » July 29th, 2021, 9:51 am

Biden to ask federal workers to get vaccinated or face testing -source
David ShepardsonNandita Bose
July 29, 2021
6:54 AM AST
Last Updated 3 hours ago

WASHINGTON, July 28 (Reuters) - U.S. President Joe Biden is expected to announce on Thursday that all civilian federal workers will need to be vaccinated against the coronavirus or face regular testing, social distancing, mask requirements and travel limits, a source familiar with the matter said.

Biden, who will deliver remarks on COVID-19 at the White House at 4 p.m. (2000 GMT) on Thursday, will not mandate vaccines for federal employees and those who decide against getting a vaccine will not be at risk of being fired, the source said.

The United States has about 2.18 million civilian employees and another 570,000 people work for the U.S. Postal Service (USPS), according to 2020 data. It is not clear if Biden plans to apply the requirement to the postal service or to contractors who work for the federal government.

CNN first reported Biden's plan late on Tuesday.

Some states and New York City have announced similar requirements, said the source, who declined to be identified.

For example, New York Governor Andrew Cuomo said on Wednesday that state employees will be required to be vaccinated or get tested weekly.

The U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs on Monday mandated that its doctors and other medical staff get COVID-19 vaccines, becoming the first federal agency to impose such a requirement.

The VA comprises the largest U.S. healthcare system, employing more than 367,200 full-time healthcare professionals and support staff at 1,293 facilities, according to its website.

On Tuesday, Biden said his administration was considering the requirement for federal employees.

Numerous U.S. agencies on Wednesday mandated masks at federal buildings in COVID-19 hot spots in line with instructions issued by the White House Office of Management and Budget (OMB), according to an OMB email seen by Reuters.

The Defense Department said late Wednesday that the masking requirements would apply to the Pentagon.

The White House also said masks are required indoors in federal buildings for all employees and visitors, whether or not they are vaccinated, in those areas experiencing sharp increases in infections.

On Wednesday, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) said nearly 67% of U.S. counties were at substantial or high transmission rates, up from 63.4% on Tuesday.

The federal government is racing to contain the pandemic in the hope of avoiding nationwide shutdowns, as the virulent Delta variant of the coronavirus blazes through parts of the United States and immunizations lag.

AFL-CIO President Richard Trumka told C-SPAN that the union supports vaccine mandates.

"If you come back in and you are not vaccinated, everybody in that workplace is jeopardized," Trumka said Tuesday.

The American Postal Workers Union (APWU) said it opposes a vaccine mandate for federal employees and expressed concern about Biden's expected announcement.

"While the APWU leadership continues to encourage postal workers to voluntarily get vaccinated, it is not the role of the federal government to mandate vaccinations for the employees we represent," the group said in a statement.

https://www.reuters.com/world/us/biden- ... 021-07-29/

Dohplaydat
punchin NOS

Postby Dohplaydat » July 29th, 2021, 9:58 am

To be sure you don't have covid, testing needs to be done at least twice a week eh. To be reasonably sure, once a week.

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » July 29th, 2021, 10:11 am

^^ all that is good except that since after the 2020 GE, up till 2021 easter ferry zess, teh country was able to move about and conduct business will moderate spread and cases. very manageable.
check back the spikes we had in this country, they were ALL subsequent to mass gathering activity. the recent one is still ongoing, and due to the SEA.

u not getting no major spike once u keep the mass gathering activity down.

VexXx Dogg
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby VexXx Dogg » July 29th, 2021, 10:18 am

paid_influencer wrote:
VexXx Dogg wrote:I think the direction some countries and companies are taking is that for the unvaccinated (by choice, not by medical), frequent tests are required to report to work and the employee who made that choice to remain unvaccinated will bear the cost of the high frequency testing.

fair compromise.

I don't see that as a good compromise. Private companies do not have the expertise to create or implement public health policy. You will get nonsensical rules that don't work, are outdated and/or not grounded in science. The rules might make sense now, but as we are seeing, the science is changing and we can't take anything for granted (especially with regards to the level of protection offered by vaccination against transmission of variants).

The only good strategy is for the MoH to come up with frequently-updated Employer guidelines (OSHA compliant and Union recognized) for COVID19 as they promised and let companies have a published, voluntary standard to comply against.

You can't hear what I'm not saying.

redmanjp
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby redmanjp » July 29th, 2021, 10:21 am

paid_influencer wrote:

fair compromise.

it's not a public health policy but it would fall under an OSHA policy. vaccinated ppl don't transmit as much as unvaxxed. if delta changes that then we will have to change but it would mean everyone get tested.

but it's likely what is happening is that the protection from vaccination is very good but is waning after a few months- likely due to the short interval between doses. I saw a video where in the UK protection isn't waning as much due to longer dose intervals.

i always wondered why the other vaccines have such a short interval- turns out longer is better not just for AstraZeneca but Pfizer as well. who knows, maybe even sinopharm might be better with the longer interval?

the longer interval generates better long term memory T cell production

https://www.bmj.com/content/374/bmj.n1875

Covid-19: Longer interval between Pfizer doses results in higher antibody levels, research finds
BMJ 2021; 374 doi: https://doi.org/10.1136/bmj.n1875 (Published 23 July 2021)
Cite this as: BMJ 2021;374:n1875

An interval of at least six weeks between the two doses of the Pfizer-BioNTech covid-19 vaccine increased concentrations of neutralising antibodies, research funded by the Department of Health and Social Care for England has found.1

The preprint, released on 23 July, looked at immune responses in 503 healthcare workers who had received the Pfizer vaccine. It found that, after the second vaccine dose, neutralising antibody concentrations were higher after an interval of 6-14 weeks than after the 3-4 week regimen that was initially recommended.

When looking at the delta variant, researchers also noted that, though there were good levels of antibodies after the shorter dosing interval, levels were 2.3-fold higher with the longer dosing interval.

The researchers said the findings “indicate that extension of the dosing interval is an effective, immunogenic protocol.”

The UK extended the dosing interval for covid-19 vaccines as part of its decision to accelerate population coverage with a single dose. At the time, evidence indicated that the Oxford-AstraZeneca vaccine was more effective with a longer dosing interval but the effect was less clear with the Pfizer vaccine.2

Speaking at a Science Media Centre briefing, study joint chief investigator Susanna Duanchie, from the University of Oxford, said that an eight week interval was the “sweet spot.” But she added that the Pfizer vaccine was “very good at inducing immune responses no matter what regimen you get. So both the short and the long dosing regimen give a good response of both antibodies and T cells.”

The Protective Immunity from T cells to Covid-19 in Health workers (PITCH) study, which is being carried out across five UK universities and NHS trusts, in collaboration with Public Health England, also found that four weeks after the first dose of vaccine there was a “marked decline in SARS-CoV-2 neutralizing antibody levels, but, in contrast, a sustained T cell response to spike protein.”

Duanchie said, “After the first dose, if you’re on the long dosing interval, you’re neutralising antibodies do wane over the 10 weeks while you’re waiting for the second dose, particularly to the delta virus, but the T cell response is well maintained.

“Comparing the long and the short dosing interval, we saw that neutralising antibodies were about twofold higher after the second vaccine—the longer dosing interval gave slightly lower T cells when we look at those effector killer cells compared with the short regimen. But when we look in more depth at the character of the T cells, we find that the long dosing interval gives rise to T cells which are more typical of helper T cells and long term memory T cells that promote memory and generation of antibodies.”
Last edited by redmanjp on July 29th, 2021, 10:32 am, edited 2 times in total.

Dizzy28
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Dizzy28 » July 29th, 2021, 10:24 am

VexXx Dogg wrote:
paid_influencer wrote:

fair compromise.

You can't hear what I'm not saying.

Ouch!!

paid_influencer

Postby paid_influencer » July 29th, 2021, 10:41 am

yea that hurt

adnj
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby adnj » July 29th, 2021, 10:45 am

sMASH wrote:^^ all that is good except that since after the 2020 GE, up till 2021 easter ferry zess, teh country was able to move about and conduct business will moderate spread and cases. very manageable.
check back the spikes we had in this country, they were ALL subsequent to mass gathering activity. the recent one is still ongoing, and due to the SEA.

sMASH wrote:Image

Ya might just not know - but to CAUSE a spike, the event has to occur BEFORE the spike. Not during the spike.

paid_influencer

Postby paid_influencer » July 29th, 2021, 10:50 am

^the spike coming tho. give it a few more weeks.

candlelight vigils take about 3 months to show up. ask Keith

aaron17

Postby aaron17 » July 29th, 2021, 10:50 am

So what we in right now is the sea spike? Or the tobago rise in cases?

DMan7
punchin NOS

Postby DMan7 » July 29th, 2021, 10:51 am

SEA spike? Is that a thing?

Duane 3NE 2NR
Admin

COVID-19 Vaccine Tracker (News and Updates) (Poll added)

Postby Duane 3NE 2NR » July 29th, 2021, 11:13 am

IMG_5116.JPG

Those who sell and purchase falsified immunization documents could face a minimum prison sentence of seven years, according to Minister of Health Terrence Deyalsingh.

The minister indicated that the ministry is in the process of sending reports of the unscrupulous activity to the police.

“On taking the rumour seriously, I can tell you…some files are actually on the way to police. We are taking this so seriously,” he said.

Citing the Forgery Act, Minister Deyalsingh said both parties involved in the transaction will be held accountable.

“It doesn’t matter, I’m advised, the person who sells the card and the person who receives the card are liable to be imprisoned for seven years,” he said.

The minister did not say when the files will be handed over to the police.

https://www.cnc3.co.tt/jail-for-fake-im ... ion-cards/

Dohplaydat
punchin NOS

Postby Dohplaydat » July 29th, 2021, 11:30 am

adnj wrote:
sMASH wrote:^^ all that is good except that since after the 2020 GE, up till 2021 easter ferry zess, teh country was able to move about and conduct business will moderate spread and cases. very manageable.

sMASH wrote:Image

Ya might just not know - but to CAUSE a spike, the event has to occur BEFORE the spike. Not during the spike.

And to add, this neglects all the Christmas gatherings.

You can see the huge spike in movement around the end of December.....yet no covid outbreak. What happened in August wasn't solely because of elections, it's because we were all moving as normal while our piss poor testing rates allowed covid to go under the radar for weeks.

P1 now is a whole new ball game as well.
Last edited by Dohplaydat on July 29th, 2021, 11:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”