TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

COVID-19 Vaccine Tracker (News and Updates) (Poll added)

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

Are you taking the COVID-19 Vaccine?

Yes, I am already vaccinated.
67%
Yes, I am awaiting vaccination.
10%
No, I don't want it.
16%
I am not sure.
7%

Total votes: 121

elec2020
12 pounds of Boost

Re: COVID-19 Vaccine Tracker (News and Updates) (Poll added)

Postby elec2020 » July 23rd, 2021, 7:58 pm

adnj wrote:Sinopharm's COVID-19 shot offers weaker protection among elderly - study

(Reuters) - Sinopharm’s COVID-19 vaccine was less effective in offering protection against the disease among the elderly, according to the results of a Hungarian study.

The study of 450 participants who had received two doses of the vaccine showed measurable antibody levels were present in about 90% of people under the age of 50, but the protection reduced as age increased.

The estimated probability of no antibody response was about 25% in people aged 60 and about 50% at the age of 80 years, according to the study, which was published on medRxiv bit.ly/3BvNgIl earlier this week and has not been peer-reviewed.

https://www.reuters.com/article/health- ... SL4N2OZ1MJ

450 participants? What the ass. Do these people not understand basic statistics? How can you use a literal fraction of a demographic to make such definitive statements. Has the science community always allowed this? That studies with such a poor representation of the population be published or receive world-wide recognition? Wow. The standards.

redmanjp
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby redmanjp » July 23rd, 2021, 8:02 pm

adnj wrote:Sinopharm's COVID-19 shot offers weaker protection among elderly - study

(Reuters) - Sinopharm’s COVID-19 vaccine was less effective in offering protection against the disease among the elderly, according to the results of a Hungarian study.

The study of 450 participants who had received two doses of the vaccine showed measurable antibody levels were present in about 90% of people under the age of 50, but the protection reduced as age increased.

The estimated probability of no antibody response was about 25% in people aged 60 and about 50% at the age of 80 years, according to the study, which was published on medRxiv bit.ly/3BvNgIl earlier this week and has not been peer-reviewed.

i better tell my 90 year old grandmother with NCDs who took sinopharm. she better not lower her guard.

paid_influencer
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Postby paid_influencer » July 23rd, 2021, 8:16 pm

The evidence gap for people >60 was documented by the WHO since approval. Now we have evidence that it is a serious issue.

Maybe it's time we start offering elderly Sinopharm recipients a Pfizer top-up like other countries are doing.

also good find adnj.

the pre-print link is here for anyone interested: https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1101 ... 21260362v1

Mmoney607
30 pounds of Boost

Postby Mmoney607 » July 24th, 2021, 1:40 am

Duane 3NE 2NR wrote:
Mmoney607 wrote:
adnj wrote:Alabama Republican Gov. Ivey says 'start blaming the unvaccinated folks' for rise in Covid cases

Washington(CNN) Alabama Republican Gov. Kay Ivey on Thursday called out "the unvaccinated folks" for the rise in Covid-19 cases in her state, a remarkable plea at a time when many GOP leaders are refusing to urge people to get vaccinated even as Covid-19 cases surge in many parts of the country.

"Folks are supposed to have common sense. But it's time to start blaming the unvaccinated folks, not the regular folks. It's the unvaccinated folks that are letting us down," Ivey told reporters in Birmingham.

Alabama is the least vaccinated state in the country, with roughly 33.9% of residents fully vaccinated, according to data from the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Average daily Covid-19 cases in Alabama are nearly double what they were a week ago, and more than four times higher than they were two weeks ago.

Asked by reporters Thursday about plans to issue a mask mandate or other restrictions now that Covid cases are starting to rise again in her state, Ivey replied, "The new cases of Covid are because of unvaccinated folks. Almost 100% of the new hospitalizations are with unvaccinated folks. And the deaths are certainly occurring with unvaccinated folks."

https://edition.cnn.com/2021/07/23/poli ... index.html

Blame unvaccinated and then what? CNN now trying to paint a Republican governor as a bastion of science logic and rational thinking? :lol:

It’s newsworthy because the states with the highest numbers of unvaccinated people are also majority Republican states.

How many black people in America vaccinated? Which racial group in America has the lowest vaccination rates?

matr1x
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby matr1x » July 24th, 2021, 3:01 am

Gonna leave this riiiggghttttttt here

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cnn.co ... index.html

bluefete
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby bluefete » July 24th, 2021, 7:43 am

The irony between Duane's question and the next post.

Duane 3NE 2NR wrote:How many black people in America vaccinated? Which racial group in America has the lowest vaccination rates?

matr1x wrote:Gonna leave this riiiggghttttttt here

But if you were that group living in the USA and you had the history of the Syphilis Experiment which ran for 40 years - would you trust the US government with any vaccine?

Duane has fallen into the trap of using "his master's voice".

Notice, how all of a sudden, there is no talk in the media, about "African-Americans" being the most unvaccinated and the spread being the largest among them.

Look carefully at who are the unvaccinated falling victim the most to Covid. Look very carefully and you will understand why the narrative has changed.

Carbon12
Sweet on this forum

Postby Carbon12 » July 24th, 2021, 10:10 am

I should have the same rights as a vaccinated individual, I would rather not be a pawn in this game of chess.
The narrative keeps changing, the lockdowns are not ending soon, the unvaccinated are the issue now, what is the real agenda? Follow the money.
Many want to go back to "normal" but normal doesn't exist anymore and due to desperation we are being "encouraged" to involve ourself with an experiment which absolved all accountability of itself?
How much of our rights will we be willing to give up?
Why do they care about humans if they openly preach about depopulation needing to occur?
Just some of the questions I have before I "trust the science".

PariaMan
punchin NOS

Postby PariaMan » July 24th, 2021, 10:16 am

Carbon12 wrote:I should have the same rights as a vaccinated individual, I would rather not be a pawn in this game of chess.
The narrative keeps changing, the lockdowns are not ending soon, the unvaccinated are the issue now, what is the real agenda? Follow the money.
Many want to go back to "normal" but normal doesn't exist anymore and due to desperation we are being "encouraged" to involve ourself with an experiment which absolved all accountability of itself?
Why do they care about humans if they openly preach about depopulation needing to occur?
Once given full approval it should be made mandatory just like measles and small pox

The good of the many must always be above the good of the few

The first step must be done right now let people prove their vaccination status to be allowed in any public place

hover11
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby hover11 » July 24th, 2021, 10:32 am

Again what you doing there is creating an underground need...similar to that of when the lockdown occurred and restaurants were closed trinis still found a way to get their junk food, they will find a way to get a fake immunization card, there is a reason the rest of the Caribbean calls us trickidadians
PariaMan wrote:
Carbon12 wrote:I should have the same rights as a vaccinated individual, I would rather not be a pawn in this game of chess.
Once given full approval it should be made mandatory just like measles and small pox

The first step must be done right now let people prove their vaccination status to be allowed in any public place

aaron17

Postby aaron17 » July 24th, 2021, 10:44 am

Carbon12
Sweet on this forum

Postby Carbon12 » July 24th, 2021, 10:46 am

hover11 wrote:Again what you doing there is creating an underground need...similar to that of when the lockdown occurred and restaurants were closed trinis still found a way to get their junk food, they will find a way to get a fake immunization card, there is a reason the rest of the Caribbean calls us trickidadians
PariaMan wrote:

Segregation via vaccination, ultimate divide and conquer oui.

hover11
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby hover11 » July 24th, 2021, 10:47 am

More than like that's Gamma since delta was only recent discovered in Brazil this week

Mmoney607
30 pounds of Boost

Postby Mmoney607 » July 24th, 2021, 10:47 am

bluefete wrote:The irony between Duane's question and the next post.

Duane 3NE 2NR wrote:How many black people in America vaccinated? Which racial group in America has the lowest vaccination rates?

But if you were that group living in the USA and you had the history of the Syphilis Experiment which ran for 40 years - would you trust the US government with any vaccine?

Notice, how all of a sudden, there is no talk in the media, about "African-Americans" being the most unvaccinated and the spread being the largest among them.

Look carefully at who are the unvaccinated falling victim the most to Covid. Look very carefully and you will understand why the narrative has changed.

Not duane ask those questions, me Mmoney607.

But yes, all the time they crying about black people being disproportionately affected, now they have vaccine to save they live but the same black people don't want to take it.

But all fauci and them could talk about is the Republicans.

adnj
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby adnj » July 24th, 2021, 11:02 am

Mmoney607 wrote:

But yes, all the time they crying about black people being disproportionately affected, now they have vaccine to save they live but the same black people don't want to take it.

Between March 1 and July 19, the share of vaccinations going to Hispanic people increased in all states reporting data for both periods and increased for Black people in most reporting states. 

In a few cases, these increases were large. For example, the share of vaccinations going to Black people increased from 26% to 43% in DC and from 25% to 37% in Mississippi. Similarly, the share of vaccinations going to Hispanic people increased by at least 10 percentage points in six states, including Florida (17% to 30%), Nevada (13% to 25%), California (19% to 30%), New Jersey (6% to 17%), Texas (23% to 35%), and New York (9% to 19%). The share of vaccinations going to Asian people also increased in most states reporting data for both periods, while it fell for White people in most reporting states. The share going to White people declined by 10 percentage points or more in thirteen states (Arizona, Florida, Nevada, Alabama, Georgia, New Jersey, Tennessee, Virginia, Mississippi, Texas, and Maine, Illinois, and New York).

https://www.kff.org/coronavirus-covid-1 ... ethnicity/

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby MaxPower » July 24th, 2021, 11:03 am

hover11 wrote:they will find a way to get a fake immunization card, there is a reason the rest of the Caribbean calls us trickidadians

PariaMan
punchin NOS

Postby PariaMan » July 24th, 2021, 11:11 am

MaxPower wrote:
hover11 wrote:they will find a way to get a fake immunization card, there is a reason the rest of the Caribbean calls us trickidadians
Cannot worry about that else we would have no ID DP or Passport

Press ahead with mandatory vaccines for Covid

eitech
punchin NOS

Postby eitech » July 24th, 2021, 11:19 am

If you ask the common man on the street if he would take the vaccine, the majority would say yes because I am sure most of us have taken vaccines in the past with 100% effectiveness. Ppl never questioned vaccine effectiveness. They just want to get immunity or get better. Fast track to today, now because of all the lockdown and loss of revenue i firmly believe the common man would still say yes. Added now is “desperation” to get back to normal. There is alot of misinformation and information out there, too much imo to make a genuine 100% informed decision. Right now we are dealing with the lesser or greater of two evils…. Just like politics…. Which is what this whole thing boils down to…. And money of course. Of course there is a bigger picture at play which most of the population/world is not paying attention to.
We rely on these scientists to give us good information but one would say they are doing their best. I always remember when Deyalsingh said we would not require masks… well look at our position now. But he took his advice from WHO. We have brilliant minds here and can use common sense and the same science to make our own decisions as a country. But its all politics.
My manager held a meeting and was reading some international guidelines. There was a scenario locally with a guy who tested positive. He was housed in an air conditioned container with other workers. No partitions. Guidelines said nothing about that so no risk he says. Common sense made before books eh? Trust the science eh?

bluefete
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby bluefete » July 24th, 2021, 11:48 am

Keep the world on edge, so we can continue to make money.

The scientists keep changing their stories every week.

bluefete
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby bluefete » July 24th, 2021, 11:51 am

adnj wrote:
Mmoney607 wrote:

Between March 1 and July 19, the share of vaccinations going to Hispanic people increased in all states reporting data for both periods and increased for Black people in most reporting states. 

In a few cases, these increases were large. For example, the share of vaccinations going to Black people increased from 26% to 43% in DC and from 25% to 37% in Mississippi. Similarly, the share of vaccinations going to Hispanic people increased by at least 10 percentage points in six states, including Florida (17% to 30%), Nevada (13% to 25%), California (19% to 30%), New Jersey (6% to 17%), Texas (23% to 35%), and New York (9% to 19%). The share of vaccinations going to Asian people also increased in most states reporting data for both periods, while it fell for White people in most reporting states.

The share going to White people declined by 10 percentage points or more in thirteen states (Arizona, Florida, Nevada, Alabama, Georgia, New Jersey, Tennessee, Virginia, Mississippi, Texas, and Maine, Illinois, and New York).

https://www.kff.org/coronavirus-covid-1 ... ethnicity/

And this is why the media is so quiet.

Give them some time and they will find a way to spin this data to make African-Americans look like villains or the weak ones.

Wait and see.

aaron17

Postby aaron17 » July 24th, 2021, 11:55 am

Are they giving homeless and poor ppl vaccines?

adnj
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby adnj » July 24th, 2021, 12:46 pm

eitech wrote:If you ask the common man on the street if he would take the vaccine, the majority would say yes because I am sure most of us have taken vaccines in the past with 100% effectiveness. Ppl never questioned vaccine effectiveness. They just want to get immunity or get better. Fast track to today, now because of all the lockdown and loss of revenue i firmly believe the common man would still say yes. Added now is “desperation” to get back to normal. There is alot of misinformation and information out there, too much imo to make a genuine 100% informed decision. Right now we are dealing with the lesser or greater of two evils…. Just like politics…. Which is what this whole thing boils down to…. And money of course. Of course there is a bigger picture at play which most of the population/world is not paying attention to.
We rely on these scientists to give us good information but one would say they are doing their best. I always remember when Deyalsingh said we would not require masks… well look at our position now. But he took his advice from WHO. We have brilliant minds here and can use common sense and the same science to make our own decisions as a country. But its all politics.
My manager held a meeting and was reading some international guidelines. There was a scenario locally with a guy who tested positive. He was housed in an air conditioned container with other workers. No partitions. Guidelines said nothing about that so no risk he says. Common sense made before books eh? Trust the science eh?
Your management is apparently unaware of the guidelines.

Develop hazard controls using the hierarchy of controls to reduce transmission among workers. Use a combination of controls noted below.

Engineering controls: Isolate workers from the hazard

Modify or adjust seats, furniture, and workstationspdf iconexternal icon to maintain social distancing of 6 feet between employees, where possible.

Install transparent shields or other physical barriers where possible to separate employees and visitors where social distancing is not an option.

Arrange chairs in reception or other communal seating areas by turning, draping (covering chair with tape or fabric so seats cannot be used), spacing, or removing chairs to maintain social distancing.

Use methods to physically separate employees in all areas of the building, including work areas and other areas such as meeting rooms, break rooms, parking lots, entrance and exit areas, and locker rooms.

Use signs, tape marks, or other visual cues such as decals or colored tape on the floor, placed 6 feet apart, to show where to stand when physical barriers are not possible.

Replace high-touch communal items, such as coffee pots and bulk snacks, with alternatives such as pre-packaged, single-serving items. Encourage staff to bring their own water to minimize use and touching of water fountains or consider installing no-touch activation methods for water fountains.

Consider taking steps to improve ventilation in the building, in consultation with an HVAC professional, based on local environmental conditions (temperature/humidity) and ongoing community transmission in the area:

Increase the percentage of outdoor air, (e.g., using economizer modes of HVAC operations) potentially as high as 100% (first verify compatibility with HVAC system capabilities for both temperature and humidity control as well as compatibility with outdoor/indoor air quality considerations).

Increase total airflow supply to occupied spaces, if possible.

Disable demand-control ventilation (DCV) controls that reduce air supply based on temperature or occupancy.

Consider using natural ventilation (i.e., opening windows if possible and safe to do so) to increase outdoor air dilution of indoor air when environmental conditions and building requirements allow.

Improve central air filtration:

Increase air filtrationexternal icon to as high as possible without significantly diminishing design airflow.

Inspect filter housing and racks to ensure appropriate filter fit and check for ways to minimize filter bypass.

Consider running the HVAC system at maximum outside airflow for 2 hours before and after occupied times, in accordance with industry standardsexternal icon.

Generate clean-to-less-clean air movements pdf iconexternal iconby re-evaluating the positioning of supply and exhaust air diffusers and/or dampers and adjusting zone supply and exhaust flow rates to establish measurable pressure differentials. Have staff work in “clean” ventilation zones that do not include higher-risk areas such as visitor reception or exercise facilities (if open).

Consider using portable high-efficiency particulate air (HEPA) fan/filtration systems to help enhance air cleaningpdf iconexternal icon (especially in higher-risk areas).

Ensure exhaust fans in restroom facilities are functional and operating at full capacity when the building is occupied.

Consider using ultraviolet germicidal irradiation (UVGI)pdf iconexternal icon as a supplemental technique to inactivate potential airborne virus in the upper-room air of common occupied spaces, in accordance with industry guidelines.

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-nc ... dings.html

PariaMan
punchin NOS

Postby PariaMan » July 24th, 2021, 4:03 pm

Just take the vaccine nah

hover11
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby hover11 » July 24th, 2021, 4:07 pm

Nah
PariaMan wrote:Just take the vaccine nah

PariaMan
punchin NOS

Postby PariaMan » July 24th, 2021, 5:22 pm

hover11 wrote:Nah
Saw on CNN the Delta variant infected a woman in only 18 seconds of contact none of which was close.

I also read where unvacinated people after contracting covid was begging for the vaccine but by then was too late

Hope all tuners heed and do not wait for when and not if delta reaches to now look to access the vaccine

hover11
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby hover11 » July 24th, 2021, 5:48 pm

When it's your time it's your time bro ....science could only go so far
PariaMan wrote:
Saw on CNN the Delta variant infected a woman in only 18 seconds of contact none of which was close.

I also read where unvacinated people after contracting covid was begging for the vaccine but by then was too late

Hope all tuners heed and do not wait for when and not if delta reaches to now look to access the vaccine

PariaMan
punchin NOS

Postby PariaMan » July 24th, 2021, 5:56 pm

hover11 wrote:When it's your time it's your time bro ....science could only go so far
PariaMan wrote:

Yea but we could do things to lessen the odds . That's why we wear seatbelts take vaccines as children and do annual checkups

Again it's not rocket science to want to lessen the odds

Dohplaydat
punchin NOS

Postby Dohplaydat » July 24th, 2021, 5:58 pm

hover11 wrote:When it's your time it's your time bro ....science could only go so far
PariaMan wrote:

So how did life expectancy double in the last century?

PariaMan
punchin NOS

Postby PariaMan » July 24th, 2021, 6:08 pm

Dohplaydat wrote:
PariaMan wrote:

I am sure vaccines made a huge impact on improving life expectancy

Heard on TV that live expectancy actually dropped because of Covid

Dohplaydat
punchin NOS

Postby Dohplaydat » July 24th, 2021, 6:23 pm

PariaMan wrote:
Dohplaydat wrote:
PariaMan wrote:

I am sure vaccines made a huge impact on improving life expectancy

Heard on TV that live expectancy actually dropped because of Covid

Yes it did drop in the US first time in forever.

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”