TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

COVID-19 Vaccine Tracker (News and Updates) (Poll added)

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

Are you taking the COVID-19 Vaccine?

Yes, I am already vaccinated.
67%
Yes, I am awaiting vaccination.
10%
No, I don't want it.
16%
I am not sure.
7%

Total votes: 121

Skanky
I LUV THIS PLACE

Re: COVID-19 Vaccine Tracker (News and Updates) (Poll added)

Postby Skanky » July 24th, 2021, 6:34 pm

PariaMan wrote:
hover11 wrote:Nah
PariaMan wrote:Just take the vaccine nah
Saw on CNN the Delta variant infected a woman in only 18 seconds of contact none of which was close.

I also read where unvacinated people after contracting covid was begging for the vaccine but by then was too late

Hope all tuners heed and do not wait for when and not if delta reaches to now look to access the vaccine

You know what you don't see on Tv....the 98% of the people who contract this 'deadly' disease and live.
Imagine for 23.5 hours everyday (98%) hearing stories of millions of people who contracted the virus and lived and only for half hour of every day hearing of people who died.Imagine how calm and less afraid people would be if Tv showed the reality of the situation.

To prove how idiotic people are being, the next time any of you vaxxers are due for a salary evaluation tell your boss you want a 2% raise....maybe then you will realize how insignificant mathematically 2% is.

hover11
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby hover11 » July 24th, 2021, 6:40 pm

The narrative will change when most ppl are vaccinated then you will hear vaccinated ppl spreading the virus

PariaMan
punchin NOS

Postby PariaMan » July 24th, 2021, 7:23 pm

Skanky wrote:
PariaMan wrote:
hover11 wrote:Nah
PariaMan wrote:Just take the vaccine nah
Saw on CNN the Delta variant infected a woman in only 18 seconds of contact none of which was close.

I also read where unvacinated people after contracting covid was begging for the vaccine but by then was too late

Hope all tuners heed and do not wait for when and not if delta reaches to now look to access the vaccine

You know what you don't see on Tv....the 98% of the people who contract this 'deadly' disease and live.
Imagine for 23.5 hours everyday (98%) hearing stories of millions of people who contracted the virus and lived and only for half hour of every day hearing of people who died.Imagine how calm and less afraid people would be if Tv showed the reality of the situation.

To prove how idiotic people are being, the next time any of you vaxxers are due for a salary evaluation tell your boss you want a 2% raise....maybe then you will realize how insignificant mathematically 2% is.
None of the health services in the world can deal with 2 percent dead and 15 % hospitalized thats just a fact

Throw back to New York, England, Italy and India when the virus was at its peak without vaccination

The world is only here now because of vaccination

Stop trying to rewrite history

I personally know many instances in Trinidad where multiple members of one family has died

bluefete
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby bluefete » July 24th, 2021, 8:03 pm

The anti-vaxxers obviously have no family who died from Covid or who got very sick from it.

PariaMan
punchin NOS

Postby PariaMan » July 24th, 2021, 8:09 pm

bluefete wrote:The anti-vaxxers obviously have no family who died from Covid or who got very sick from it.
I know people without comorbidities and were in their 30s who died . A guy in his 30s stayed home sick and was found dead in the evening. A girl in her 30s dead. And the list goes on and on

redmanjp
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby redmanjp » July 24th, 2021, 8:34 pm

my cousin's father died of covid. my mom knows of a old work colleague of hers who died of covid.

and antivaxxers only begging for vaccine when they hospitalized with covid in the US.

st7
punchin NOS

Postby st7 » July 24th, 2021, 8:49 pm

half this thread is ppl responding to hoover posts. allyuh need to ignore him. he's gonna keep the record spinning cause he likes the attn

Anyway, for a more productive post, a doctor i know posted this today and thought i'd share it with you guys

redmanjp
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby redmanjp » July 24th, 2021, 9:01 pm

hover11 wrote:The narrative will change when most ppl are vaccinated then you will hear vaccinated ppl spreading the virus

if it takes so long for many to get vaccinated that a major new variant arises that causes the vaccines to no longer be effective then yes that is quite possible - again that's only because the virus is allowed to spread through the bodies of lots of unvaccinated ppl and the more it jumps from one person to another the more it has a chance to mutate like that.

redmanjp
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby redmanjp » July 24th, 2021, 9:12 pm

what's going on in Israel with pfizer?

https://www.dhakatribune.com/world/middle-east/2021/07/23/israel-says-pfizer-jab-effectiveness-dips-to-39-amid-delta-variant-surge

Israel says Pfizer jab effectiveness dips to 39% amid Delta variant surge

The latest effectiveness rate is significantly lower than that of 64% measured between June 6 and July 3, and 94.3% measured between May 2 and June 5

The effectiveness of the Pfizer vaccine against Covid-19 has dropped to 39% in Israel, the country's Health Ministry said on Thursday.

The new figure refers to the period between June 20 and July 17, the ministry said, adding that the ongoing decline was observed along with the spread of the Delta Covid-19 variant in Israel.

The latest effectiveness rate is significantly lower than that of 64% measured between June 6 and July 3, and 94.3% measured between May 2 and June 5.

However, the effectiveness of the vaccine in preventing severe coronavirus disease in Israel is currently estimated at 91.4%, and in preventing Covid-19 hospitalization, at 88%.

Since the start of the vaccination campaign in Israel on December 20, 2020, over 5.75 million people in Israel, or 61.6% of the population, have received the first dose of the vaccine, while 5.28 million have received the second dose.

paid_influencer
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Postby paid_influencer » July 24th, 2021, 9:26 pm

the problem is we have redefined non-pharmacologic interventions (NPIs) to just "wear a mask and physical distancing (6 feet)."

true social distancing means just that - limiting social events and limiting social activities. No more kid's birthday parties. No more limes. That is true social distancing.

pharmacologic intervention (vaxx) is more effective when combined with non-pharmacologic interventions (NPIs). That Israel study proves it. 39% effectiveness of the most powerful vaxx we have in the world.

bluefete
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby bluefete » July 25th, 2021, 12:28 pm

So I got my first jab (Sinopharm) today at NAPA courtesy AMCHAM.

Had an appointment for 9:00 a.m. and they started at 9:00 a.m. SHARP

Went smoothly, was out by 9:40 .a.m. which included 20 minutes of observation time. and no problems so far.

bluefete
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby bluefete » July 25th, 2021, 12:29 pm

redmanjp wrote:my cousin's father died of covid. my mom knows of a old work colleague of hers who died of covid.

and antivaxxers only begging for vaccine when they hospitalized with covid in the US.
PariaMan wrote:
bluefete wrote:The anti-vaxxers obviously have no family who died from Covid or who got very sick from it.
I know people without comorbidities and were in their 30s who died . A guy in his 30s stayed home sick and was found dead in the evening. A girl in her 30s dead. And the list goes on and on

Exactly. It is very real and we must do what we can to protect ourselves.

aaron17

Postby aaron17 » July 25th, 2021, 12:56 pm

My family knows friends who died of the vaccine at a personal level. And I know media stories of ppl contracting covid..with worst experiencing of recovering and encouraging ppl to take the vaccine cause is no joke.

So when the reality hits home of dying from vaccine or virus...it influences u to make a life decision.

Did they ever say that 100% guarantee that you cannot die from vaccine? Jus askin.

daring dragoon
18 pounds of Boost

Postby daring dragoon » July 25th, 2021, 12:58 pm

aaron17 wrote:My family knows friends who died of the vaccine at a personal level. And I know media stories of ppl contracting covid..with worst experiencing of recovering and encouraging ppl to take the vaccine cause is no joke.

So when the reality hits home of dying from vaccine or virus...it influences u to make a life decision.

Did they ever say that 100% guarantee that you cannot die from vaccine? Jus askin.

which vaccine ?

st7
punchin NOS

Postby st7 » July 25th, 2021, 12:59 pm

aaron17 wrote:My family knows friends who died of the vaccine at a personal level. And I know media stories of ppl contracting covid..with worst experiencing of recovering and encouraging ppl to take the vaccine cause is no joke.

wut? did the doctors say it was from the vaccine? and what did the vaccine do to them?

swear ppl love to spread misinformation because they love attn

Dohplaydat
punchin NOS

Postby Dohplaydat » July 25th, 2021, 1:01 pm

Isreal hasn't published their methodology, but some sources say their 39% which differs from the ~80% high powered studies in the UK and Canada was because Isreal was testing persons in both groups at regular intervals, hence detecting asymptomatic cases that would have gone untested in the UK and Canada.

bluefete
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby bluefete » July 25th, 2021, 1:02 pm

Doctors will never say a person died from the vaccine. Just like someone NEVER dies from AIDS!

The blame will always be on an underlying cause.

Dohplaydat
punchin NOS

Postby Dohplaydat » July 25th, 2021, 1:09 pm

No, but the chance of the vaccine causing death from across all covid vaccines is less than 1 in a million or chance of dying from a covid vaccine is 0.0001% or the chance of surviving is 99.9999%.

Let's say covid's IRF is 0.5%, so the chance of you dying from covid is 5000 greater than dying from the vaccine. Not twice, not five times, not 50 times, not 500 times, but 5000 times more likely to die from covid.

And given how contagious these strains are, any unvaccinated person who thinks they won't catch it, well you will....especially if there are others who think like you.

redmanjp
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby redmanjp » July 25th, 2021, 1:27 pm

read somewhere that delta produces like a 1000 times the viral load of the original strain :shock:

PariaMan
punchin NOS

Postby PariaMan » July 25th, 2021, 1:35 pm

If everyone in TT were vaccinated at the start of the year the 12000 people or so people who dies every year will still die from other causes.

That would mean 12000 deaths of vacinated people

Important though is not the the vaccine that killed them

Covid vaccines do no vaccinate people from stroke heart disease diabetes ect

ed360123
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby ed360123 » July 25th, 2021, 1:38 pm

bluefete wrote:Doctors will never say a person died from the vaccine. Just like someone NEVER dies from AIDS!

The blame will always be on an underlying cause.
What? People don't die from aids that often in 2021. Its perfectly livable now. Also why would doctors hide dying from aids?

Dohplaydat
punchin NOS

Postby Dohplaydat » July 25th, 2021, 1:47 pm

PariaMan wrote:If everyone in TT were vaccinated at the start of the year the 12000 people or so people who dies every year will still die from other causes.

Apparently you not supposed to die of anything after taking a covid vaccine.

Rovin
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Rovin » July 25th, 2021, 2:03 pm

bluefete wrote:So I got my first jab (Sinopharm) today at NAPA courtesy AMCHAM.

Went smoothly, was out by 9:40 .a.m. which included 20 minutes of observation time. and no problems so far.

good for u man :)

got my 1st yesterday at couva stadium , no appointment just go , happen to arrive exactly 2.00pm & came outside at almost 2.30 , very well organized & courteous staff , longest part for me was fulling out d form , jab itself time u feel d needle it done injected & back out

honestly i didnt feel any side effects at all - rel normal ... have to go back in 3 wks for jab no2

if i had to fault anything it wud be they doing d process on d upstairs floor so going up those steps might be a issue for older folks or physically challenged ppl ..
Last edited by Rovin on July 25th, 2021, 2:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.

st7
punchin NOS

Postby st7 » July 25th, 2021, 2:03 pm

Dohplaydat wrote:
PariaMan wrote:If everyone in TT were vaccinated at the start of the year the 12000 people or so people who dies every year will still die from other causes.

Apparently you not supposed to die of anything after taking a covid vaccine.

nope. the vaccines are supposed to be the cure for lifestyle disease, car accidents, horn, etc

aaron17

Postby aaron17 » July 25th, 2021, 3:31 pm

If you have a family member that medically cannot take the vaccine...how the person gonna avoid the virus? Delta and more contagious variants?

paid_influencer

Postby paid_influencer » July 25th, 2021, 3:34 pm

aaron17 wrote:If you have a family member that medically cannot take the vaccine...how the person gonna avoid the virus? Delta and more contagious variants?

isolation and N95s.

redmanjp
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby redmanjp » July 25th, 2021, 4:44 pm

paid_influencer wrote:
aaron17 wrote:If you have a family member that medically cannot take the vaccine...how the person gonna avoid the virus? Delta and more contagious variants?

isolation and N95s.

and this right here should be another reason to take the vaccine. family/household members first of all but also the country as a whole- the antivaxxers say well if u vaccinated why u care if i not? well this is the reason- some people can't for medical reasons. so we need herd immunity to develop so the virus has a hard time spreading - so these ppl are protected by the fact that there isn't much cases of the virus around anymore

perhaps back in January/February we had a type of temporary 'herd immunity' by simply wearing masks and social distancing which was good enough for the old wuhan strain- we went down to a low of 5 cases per day in february. certainly not possible again with gamma, and especially delta - we need mass vaccination!!

adnj
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby adnj » July 25th, 2021, 5:24 pm

China to use BioNTech vaccine as booster shot, sources say

Joint venture with Fosun Pharma to make 100m to 200m vaccines a month

Chinese drug regulators completed an expert panel review of a COVID-19 mRNA vaccine co-developed by Fosun Pharma and Germany's BioNTech, and now the shot is in the administrative review stage, according to Fosun.

The Shanghai-based pharmaceutical company is sticking with its previously announced plan to start domestic trial production by the end of August, Fosun Chairman Wu Yifang said Wednesday at a shareholders meeting.

Chinese authorities plan to use the vaccine, which goes by the brand name Comirnaty, as a booster shot for people who have received inactivated-virus vaccines, people close to regulators told Caixin. The booster shot is likely to be offered free of charge.

China has administered more than 1.2 billion vaccine doses, as of July 1, according to the National Health Commission. Most people have received inactivated-virus vaccines made by Sinovac and state-owned Sinopharm Group that have demonstrated lower efficacy than mRNA vaccines.

While awaiting regulatory clearance, Fosun Pharma and BioNTech started preparations and bought equipment for their Shanghai-based joint venture. Installation of production lines in the Shanghai plant is set to be completed in August, Fosun said in June.

Fosun and BioNTech in May announced plans to set up the Shanghai facility to produce BioNTech's mRNA vaccine Comirnaty, also known as BNT162b2. The venture is part of a broader partnership formed in early 2020 to bring the vaccine to China.

https://asia.nikkei.com/Spotlight/Caixi ... ources-say

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » July 25th, 2021, 6:14 pm

infections is not really an issue, once the HDU/ICU/ deaths remain low. allow dat to spread, u will get antibodies for what the vaccine not handling... or whatever

same procedure as before, keep ur vulnerable isolated.

bluefete
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby bluefete » July 25th, 2021, 6:40 pm

It did put me to sleep for 3 1/2 hours today. LOL. Unheard of for me to sleep that long in the day.

But I will take that over any other side effect.

Rovin wrote:
bluefete wrote:So I got my first jab (Sinopharm) today at NAPA courtesy AMCHAM.

good for u man :)

got my 1st yesterday at couva stadium , no appointment just go , happen to arrive exactly 2.00pm & came outside at almost 2.30 , very well organized & courteous staff , longest part for me was fulling out d form , jab itself time u feel d needle it done injected & back out

honestly i didnt feel any side effects at all - rel normal ... have to go back in 3 wks for jab no2

if i had to fault anything it wud be they doing d process on d upstairs floor so going up those steps might be a issue for older folks or physically challenged ppl ..

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”