Forums

T&T Budget 2020 is on October 5th

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

88sins
TriniTuner 24-7

Re: T&T Budget 2020 is on October 5th

Postby 88sins » September 17th, 2020, 8:48 am

True leaders accept responsibility, not only for their glorious successes, but also for their abysmal failures. They also have no use for excuses, and are often focused on making sure they achieve positive results from their actions & maximum benefit from the use of resources, all while holding themselves to a very high standard of conduct and ethical behavior.

Going by that standard, one can only surmise the pnm has no, are not, and never have been leaders.

EDIT

unc aint no better, might actually be worse in some regards.

Penguin
3NE 2NR for life

Postby Penguin » September 17th, 2020, 9:01 am

88sins wrote:True leaders accept responsibility, not only for their glorious successes, but also for their abysmal failures. They also have no use for excuses, and are often focused on making sure they achieve positive results from their actions & maximum benefit from the use of resources, all while holding themselves to a very high standard of conduct and ethical behavior.

Going by that standard, one can only surmise the pnm has no, are not, and never have been leaders.

EDIT

unc aint no better, might actually be worse in some regards.

UNC despite being filled with mostly corrupt idiots, at least want to try to help the average trini and in practice, form a government that caters to the people's needs. PNM doesn't give a firetruck and takes joy in screwing over citizens as they know fully well they get 300k votes no matter if they took away their own voters livelihood.

maj. tom
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby maj. tom » September 17th, 2020, 9:27 am

The PNM is nothing more than neo-colonisation, only interested in taking resources and then leaving a meagre amount for the people, expecting them to be grateful for the scraps.

"Thank you massa for the pothole road, while you steal billions in oil revenue and blame everything on Kamla. We is grateful for the online taxes, you only saving us from ourself."

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » September 17th, 2020, 9:29 am

maj. tom wrote:The PNM is nothing more than neo-colonisation, only interested in taking resources and then leaving a meagre amount for the people, expecting them to be grateful for the scraps.

"Thank you massa for the pothole road, while you steal billions in oil revenue and blame everything on Kamla. We is grateful for the online taxes, you only saving us from ourself."
Hold Stain and tighten yuh belt, this is mantra I have been hearing from PNM since 1981 .

What a stupid country filled with stupid PNM people

aaron17
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Postby aaron17 » September 17th, 2020, 9:50 am

MaxPower wrote:I say...

Raise the VAT back to 15%...

Crack the online tax a 9%....

Raise the gas again....

Raise motor tax...ppl still buying like hot hops

Rock this for now, could always raise again next year.

I think its only fair the citizens of T&T stay absolutely quiet and embrace the increases as they are responsible for this, especially the younger generations.

Friends, the time has now come for you all to be held accountable for your actions.
Taxes should be like england...road tax ..tv tax( how much tv in house)...etc..but with money transparency.

88sins
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby 88sins » September 17th, 2020, 10:36 am

aaron17 wrote:Taxes should be like england...road tax ..tv tax( how much tv in house)...etc..but with money transparency.

One big fly in that ointment, specifically that this ain't England & the difference is accountability & performance is expected there, and as par for the course totally absent here.

If people paying a road tax, they expect good roads built in a timely manner & they expect the state to be johnny on the spot with road construction AND maintenance. Why pay a road tax for a road peppered with potholes that's destroying your vehicle.
As per the tv tax, that won't work here either. That's meant to be used to subsidize the state owned & operated BBC & pay for operational costs & content. This gov't doesn't own a tv station, and even if it did, the tv station should be able earn enough revenue on it's own to run itself, otherwise it's not a benefit to the taxpayer, but an additional pointless burden, that in truth said taxpayer would be forced to pay for whether he uses it or not.

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby MaxPower » September 17th, 2020, 10:41 am

88sins wrote:
MaxPower wrote:
De Dragon wrote:
MaxPower wrote:Trinis are bobolees......the Govt knows this.

Budget day will come and go, allyuh will say nothing and do nothing.

Carry on.

What would or what do you do O Great Vene tapeworm?

Hello De Dragon,

I have to wait for budget day to know how to adjust.

Based on how my income is affected, it will determine how much harder i have to work.

I will not allow any Govt to break me.

you see that right there, is an outright lie.
because when you & milions of others fled the Maduro regime in venezuela, that's EXACTLY what you did.

btw, you don't have to allow any government to break you, they do that whether you allow them to or not by way of their incompetence & the collapse of the nations economy & structure. When a gov't fvcks up, the citizenry pays the price, the only differennces between citizens being that some will pay a heavier price than others

Reek,

I’m a born hard working Trinidadian. I am in full support of the Venezuelans. They are good people and in need of OUR love and care. Humanity does not make itself.

As i said, NO Govt will break me and i will not allow it.

Get in the mindset. From the day you Trinis STOP thinking that working hard is a burden is the day you all start moving forward. If you Trinis cannot get together, unite, stop the race wars and stand up to this Govt, then work hard enough so as to not be affected by the actions of the Govt.

The difference between the citizens are some are strong and some are weak, most by choice.

Think positive and keep faith Reek.
Last edited by MaxPower on September 17th, 2020, 10:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

maj. tom
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby maj. tom » September 17th, 2020, 10:42 am

Again nobody mind certain taxes if we were getting our returns and development for it. But they stealing it to pay rent money to themselves.

88sins
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby 88sins » September 17th, 2020, 7:19 pm

so allyuh boi impsy just basically said he hadda find a way formulate & present the budget in a manner so that it doesn't cause panic, cuz the deficit is projected to be between $15-20B.

all who eh buy dey astroglide yet, start saving allyuh spit. allyuh go need it.

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby MaxPower » September 17th, 2020, 8:38 pm

Impsy have a bulge in his pants.....

Throbbing and waiting...

Brace yourselves.

Gladiator
punchin NOS

Postby Gladiator » September 17th, 2020, 9:00 pm

88sins wrote:so allyuh boi impsy just basically said he hadda find a way formulate & present the budget in a manner so that it doesn't cause panic, cuz the deficit is projected to be between $15-20B.

all who eh buy dey astroglide yet, start saving allyuh spit. allyuh go need it.

Boy they tell the people that on the election platform and still get vote back in.... let it be, let them suffer, let them starve, every man for himself. Too many brainless zombies with voting rights in this place.

shake d livin wake d dead
TunerGod

Postby shake d livin wake d dead » September 17th, 2020, 10:10 pm

The man hinted at losses, more taxes, pay cuts....and peenmites would say "the corvid cause that and blame kamla"

Is mandingo on oct 5th

88sins
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby 88sins » September 17th, 2020, 10:55 pm

Well gladiator I good, me and the clan business fix. We ain't built to suffer, cuz most ah we eh fraid to prepare for SHTF scenarios or hard work. And something telling me that this year budget could potentially trigger a SHTF outcome for a whole lot of people that already under pressure. Cuz lewwe be real about this, plenty people lost their jobs this year, and a lot of small businesses collapsed, and those who are still employed are not spending like they used to prior to covid.

But I hear him saying that what was recommended to him would either put about 20K people in government service out of work, or suspend payments of things such as pensions and various social programs. He claims to want to try to avoid that. How true that is remains to be seen. And that this is all primarily due to reduced tax revenue collection brought on by contraction of the economy as a result of these lockdowns. We all figured as much and knew this was coming. But I really hope that pale blotchy turd doesn't interfere with the people pensions. Covid done have the potential to kill them off already, to suspend their little fixed income go make it much worse.
Lewwe see how good a minister of fine ants he is, if he can make do with a shoestring when he accustomed to rope.

redmanjp
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby redmanjp » September 18th, 2020, 12:32 am

He claims to want to try to avoid that

but he might try it once we eh riot yet :mrgreen:

88sins
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby 88sins » September 18th, 2020, 6:53 am

redmanjp wrote:
He claims to want to try to avoid that

but he might try it once we eh riot yet :mrgreen:

yuh unnastan?
lewwe see what happens

MG Man
2NRholic

Postby MG Man » September 18th, 2020, 8:02 am

88sins wrote:Well gladiator I good, me and the clan business fix. We ain't built to suffer, cuz most ah we eh fraid to prepare for SHTF scenarios or hard work. And something telling me that this year budget could potentially trigger a SHTF outcome for a whole lot of people that already under pressure. Cuz lewwe be real about this, plenty people lost their jobs this year, and a lot of small businesses collapsed, and those who are still employed are not spending like they used to prior to covid.

But I hear him saying that what was recommended to him would either put about 20K people in government service out of work, or suspend payments of things such as pensions and various social programs. He claims to want to try to avoid that. How true that is remains to be seen. And that this is all primarily due to reduced tax revenue collection brought on by contraction of the economy as a result of these lockdowns. We all figured as much and knew this was coming. But I really hope that pale blotchy turd doesn't interfere with the people pensions. Covid done have the potential to kill them off already, to suspend their little fixed income go make it much worse.
Lewwe see how good a minister of fine ants he is, if he can make do with a shoestring when he accustomed to rope.

I think what he said was we need at least a 46bn budget to keep the status quo...to cut it down to say 35bn, would require cuts, and he cited pension as an example....not superfluous contracts, not kickbacks, none of the things that fill HIS pockets....nope....nah if we want a budget without deficit, the masses have to suffer for it

aaron17

Postby aaron17 » September 18th, 2020, 8:13 am

If they taxing plants on your land, how that shows they diversifying? Sounds counter productive.

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby MaxPower » September 18th, 2020, 8:21 am

All impsy hadda do is butter allyuh up and say Carnival 2021 in on.

That way you Trinis wouldnt care 1 ass with what he has to say.

Trinis easy to manipulate.

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » September 18th, 2020, 8:25 am

shake d livin wake d dead wrote:The man hinted at losses, more taxes, pay cuts....and peenmites would say "the corvid cause that and blame kamla"

Is mandingo on oct 5th
We live in a stupid country filled with stupid PNM people .

Let den take bull.

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » September 18th, 2020, 8:35 am

Pandemic Tax

88sins
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby 88sins » September 18th, 2020, 9:29 am

zoom rader wrote:
shake d livin wake d dead wrote:The man hinted at losses, more taxes, pay cuts....and peenmites would say "the corvid cause that and blame kamla"

Is mandingo on oct 5th
We live in a stupid country filled with stupid polarized people .

Let den take bull.

fixed it for ya.

but at the end of the day, short story shorter, Trini's not ready to deal with a hard times or a recession. We as a people over the decades have become more & more complacent, expecting the state to do everything for us. As a nation, self sufficiency & efficient use of resources are not things these politicians have ever considered to strive for, and the as a result of being led by example the people have followed suit.
Many are not ready for a shaft, but they will have to take it all the same.

j.o.e

Postby j.o.e » September 18th, 2020, 9:39 am

88sins wrote:
aaron17 wrote:Taxes should be like england...road tax ..tv tax( how much tv in house)...etc..but with money transparency.

One big fly in that ointment, specifically that this ain't England & the difference is accountability & performance is expected there, and as par for the course totally absent here.

If people paying a road tax, they expect good roads built in a timely manner & they expect the state to be johnny on the spot with road construction AND maintenance. Why pay a road tax for a road peppered with potholes that's destroying your vehicle.
As per the tv tax, that won't work here either. That's meant to be used to subsidize the state owned & operated BBC & pay for operational costs & content. This gov't doesn't own a tv station, and even if it did, the tv station should be able earn enough revenue on it's own to run itself, otherwise it's not a benefit to the taxpayer, but an additional pointless burden, that in truth said taxpayer would be forced to pay for whether he uses it or not.

Agreed. But roads in England is sheit once you leave the city centre

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » September 18th, 2020, 9:50 am

88sins wrote:
zoom rader wrote:

Is mandingo on oct 5th
We live in a stupid country filled with stupid polarized people .

Let den take bull.

fixed it for ya.

but at the end of the day, short story shorter, Trini's not ready to deal with a hard times or a recession. We as a people over the decades have become more & more complacent, expecting the state to do everything for us. As a nation, self sufficiency & efficient use of resources are not things these politicians have ever considered to strive for, and the as a result of being led by example the people have followed suit.
Many are not ready for a shaft, but they will have to take it all the same.
In 1980s Trinis migrated when the recession hit.

Now that PNM made another total mess and Covid world wide it's going to be much harder to migrate and find Jobs.

Dey want PNM then take bull

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby MaxPower » September 18th, 2020, 10:25 am

zoom rader wrote:We live in a stupid country filled with stupid Trinis .

Let den take bull.

88sins
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby 88sins » September 18th, 2020, 11:01 am

zoom rader wrote:In 1980s Trinis migrated when the recession hit.

Now that PNM made another total mess and Covid world wide it's going to be much harder to migrate and find Jobs.

Dey want PNM then take bull

ent. economies around the world have slowed drastically, so leaving here to go find work in other countries where their citizens facing the exact same problem that you running from ain't go wuk dis rounds.

Keep in mind eh allyuh, impsy eh looking for a 1 or 2 million, is billions he hadda find, and he looking for at least 15-16. That said, I expect endless road blocks & fixed penalty tickets to share within the coming months, in addition to all the other increases and cuts they deem "necessary" when they present this years catastrophe of a budget

maj. tom
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby maj. tom » September 18th, 2020, 11:06 am

remember the PNM theory has always been more and harsher taxes and penalties on the citizens to get out of a recession.

Not stimulate the economy in diversified ways so people can spend, save and prosper. Just tax and more tax. Tax on salt. Online purchasing tax. Just now a tax for being alive during covid.

And that is what the stupid people of this country keep voting for since 1956. Not development, just taxes that they steal for themselves and then blame Kamala how the Treasury empty.

The_Honourable
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby The_Honourable » September 18th, 2020, 11:12 am

NEW TAX COMING

FINANCE Minister Colm Imbert said the property tax will be used to earn state revenues as government tries to keep TT afloat during major financial fallout from the covid19 pandemic. He said TT’s economic state is not unique, pointing to oil-rich Dubai, which he claimed is on the brink of collapse.

At Thursday’s post-Cabinet briefing – the first since the PNM returned to governance after the August 10 general election – Imbert said this year’s budget deficit, exacerbated by the pandemic, stood at about $15 billion, although within a week or so he will get a final figure from his public servants.

“I had gone to Parliament twice to do amendments to the Heritage and Stabilisation Fund Act and also to give statements with respect to covid19 - what it was doing to our income, our balance of payments, our covid relief measures, etcetera. I had indicated then that the estimate at that time was in the vicinity of $15 billion.

“We had a significant reduction in tax revenue from March coming up. All forms of taxes – value-added tax (VAT), personal income tax, corporation tax, royalties because of the depressed oil prices, and so on.”

Asked if Government will initiate the property tax, following the Roadmap to Recovery Committee’s support for its implementation, Imbert replied, “I’m not sure what you’re referring to. I only saw the final document a couple of days ago in my inbox and I haven’t had the chance to go through it. I’m sure the details will be revealed in full course, what the Roadmap Committee is recommending. I wouldn’t want to comment on that at this stage.”

However, he was clear: “We had committed in our manifesto to continue with the Revenue Authority and the property tax system. That is there in black and white. We didn’t hide from anybody with that. We put it there that we were doing the valuations of properties and preparing the valuation rolls in order to allow the implementation of that particular tax. And also we were continuing our work on the Revenue Authority. So it is not a secret.”

DON'T EXPECT BALANCED BUDGET

With the lull in the economy, would people find it hard to pay property tax? Imbert did not directly reply but explained why he might not aim for a balanced budget.

“It’s a sort of a Catch-22, it’s a very complex situation. On one hand, commentators tell us we should balance the budget. So let’s say we had a $15 billion drop in revenue. Let’s say it was $35 billion instead of $47 or $48 billion.

“If we balance the budget, as some commentators are saying, we’d have to cut $15 billion from our expenditure profile. We are already running a pretty tight ship. We are already at a situation where we are not overspending.

“A lot of this is mandatory expenditure, for example, every month the mandatory expenditure in the Ministry of Finance – and I’m talking about salaries, senior citizens pensions, government pensions, social welfare payments like disability payments and public assistance etcetera, debt servicing and all other mandatory payments, before you get to things that are called discretionary which is goods and services and the capital programme – it’s $3.5 billion per month!”

“So we start off with a mandatory minimum, without any extra, of $42 billion for the year.
"So if we were to cut expenditure to $35 billion, you’d have to reduce some of those things I just mentioned there – old age pension, social assistance, salaries, debt-servicing and so on.

“So it’s very easy for people to say these things, eh. They don’t think it through. So we are in this Catch-22 situation where you have a huge drop in revenue.”

He said many countries were in a similar position including Dubai.

“We are told Dubai is about to collapse. It has no sustainable revenue base. Countries all over the world are struggling.

“So when you look at this situation we are faced with, you can’t just do what people are asking you to do. If you stop tax for example, you already have a $15 billion hole in your budget, and if you don’t collect tax, what does that do? Make it a $20 billion hole. Where is the $20 billion going to come from?

CAN’T PLEASE EVERYONE

“You have two groups of commentators, eh. One says cut expenditure to $35 billion, which means retrenching 20,000 people, stopping old age pension. That’s the effect of that. You just cut out everything. The country descends into chaos.

“One group is telling you that, then another group is saying, don’t borrow.

“A group of people is saying whatever you do, don’t borrow to meet your expenditure. Don’t withdraw from the Heritage and Stabilisation Fund to meet your expenditure. So how on earth is one supposed to deal with these two competing things?

“We have to be very, very careful about any reduction in tax collection, because what that does is, it prevents us from doing the very things that businesses need to survive, to keep the cost of goods and services at a reasonable rate and all that sort of thing. It’s easy to say but not easy to do. So at this point in time, I wouldn’t want to reveal anything.”

Asked if he had begun consulting Cabinet colleagues ahead of the October 5 budget, Imbert said that earlier, he had met Housing Minister Pennelope Beckles-Robinson to discuss plans to build public housing, ranging from $250,000 per unit up to $1.0-$1.5 million.

“Yes, I have been consulting ministers, new and old,” he confirmed.

Imbert earlier announced that on September 28, Government will hold its Spotlight on the Budget and Economy forum at the Hyatt Regency, Port of Spain. The event will feature an address by the Prime Minister plus a panel discussion with panellists from the public and private sectors.

He said his ministry is diligently going through all applications for the Salary Relief Grant payable to those who had to stop work during the covid19 lockdown. Alleging some applicants were guilty of double-dipping by applying to the Ministry of Finance and Ministry of Social Development for relief, he said the Government is considering what action to take, such as prosecution, yet he softened his tone to say some people were acting out of desperation.

Otherwise, Imbert said the final calculation of CL Financial’s indebtedness to the State now stood at $30 billion, up from previous calculations of $15 billion and then $23 billion. He said the CL Marine facility at Chaguaramas was valued at $100 million and could facilitate ship-repair as a key area of economic diversification away from oil and gas, while servicing government-owned vessels, such as ferries and military ships.

Source: https://newsday.co.tt/2020/09/18/new-tax-coming/

jhonnieblue
Riding on 18's

Postby jhonnieblue » September 18th, 2020, 11:14 am

Always some new tax and nothing to show for it

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » September 18th, 2020, 12:38 pm

Note that imbert said

"FINANCE Minister Colm Imbert said the property tax will be used to earn state revenues as government tries to keep TT afloat during major financial fallout from the covid19 pandemic"

state revenues does not equal local community revenues

So the house tax is not going to be use to better your local community.

You all gonna pay house taxes and get no improvements to your area.

They had told the population that house taxes is to better your community but they gonna spend it else where leaving you with a pot hole on your street

Stupid arse country filled with stupid PNM people

Take bull all yuh dumb arse MC

MG Man
2NRholic

Postby MG Man » September 18th, 2020, 12:47 pm

y'all know the country in a financial shitstorm regardless of red or yellow curtains right

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”