will only trip with warm bodies over certain size
eg 60lbs

gastly369
TriniTuner 24-7

Re: Home Security

Postby gastly369 » March 26th, 2023, 7:45 pm

pugboy wrote:correct, cctv ain’t stopping bandits
alarm or dogs is best option to raise alarm
I'm also considering to install a air raid ms490 push button... Should wake up the entire village and whoever close by to jump sh!t down themselves well before they attempt to enter home

Nerve link ah 3phase one for me nah ik the location of a new one in storage

matix
Shifting into 6th

Postby matix » March 26th, 2023, 7:59 pm

A properly installed DSC alarm system paired with good surveillance cameras. Or some noisy pot hound

Chimera
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Chimera » March 26th, 2023, 8:17 pm

I have a few 140db sirens and a few 100 w flood lights with some battery powered motion sensors wired into to smart modules and all linked to Alexa.

Apart from the camera system

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » March 26th, 2023, 9:56 pm

yeah perimeter sensing is the best we can do
along with wall spikes
after which you just have to watch your self in transition spaces
ie driving in yard, moving from car to house door
design yard so nobody could hide around a corner

rage666
Street 2NR

Postby rage666 » March 27th, 2023, 8:03 am

Where can I get perimeter sensing done in trinidad?

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » March 27th, 2023, 8:07 am

any proper home alarm panel DSC etc will support beams and infrared motion sensors

if you dont want to go thru work of installing a burglar alarm
I have seen ppl rig up a motion sensor alone to turn on a siren and lights
some ppl use it to automatically turn bathroom lights

rage666 wrote:Where can I get perimeter sensing done in trinidad?

matix
Shifting into 6th

Postby matix » March 27th, 2023, 11:15 am

Wall or ground?

Chimera
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Chimera » March 27th, 2023, 1:11 pm

pugboy wrote:any proper home alarm panel DSC etc will support beams and infrared motion sensors

if you dont want to go thru work of installing a burglar alarm
I have seen ppl rig up a motion sensor alone to turn on a siren and lights
some ppl use it to automatically turn bathroom lights

Alexa/blink has some cheap motion sensors u can use for indoor stuff

And more expensive ones for outdoor

Country_Bookie
punchin NOS

Postby Country_Bookie » March 28th, 2023, 3:17 pm

Any recommendations for some good entry sensors / break glass sensors for windows? I use wyze cams but their entry sensors have to be connected to their hub, which works with a paid US based home monitoring service.

Looking for some standalone sensors that can sound an alarm and trigger an alert on my phone.

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » March 28th, 2023, 4:19 pm

better to get a proper burglar alarm like a dsc, the wireless sensors on my dsc last years with the cr123 battery
compared to those cheap ones which use small batteries

Country_Bookie wrote:Any recommendations for some good entry sensors / break glass sensors for windows? I use wyze cams but their entry sensors have to be connected to their hub, which works with a paid US based home monitoring service.

Looking for some standalone sensors that can sound an alarm and trigger an alert on my phone.

msg1
3NE 2NR for life

Re: The DIY CCTV camera system thread

Postby msg1 » May 25th, 2023, 12:52 pm

I'm currently doing a DIY install and setting a 3x3 galvanize post for the cameras.

Does anyone know where I can purchase a cap for the post? N.B It is a 3x3 post...not 3" galvanized pipe.

ruffneck_12
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby ruffneck_12 » May 25th, 2023, 1:15 pm

Jerry84 wrote:Need some advice on cctv systems. I currently need one at an off site location which doesn't have internet access but has power. I saw those cameras which screws up in a bulb Socket but it's labeled as wifi camera.
Seeing that it has a slot for a memory card would I be able to configure at a location with internet, then install at site?
My intention is to record footage and only review when needed.
What's your thoughts/suggestions?

I think thats the standard function bai . It stores everything on the device and you can review footage when necessary.

Idk if the one you looking at is different and needs to connect to a box or sumn

Chimera
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Chimera » May 25th, 2023, 1:44 pm

msg1 wrote:I'm currently doing a DIY install and setting a 3x3 galvanize post for the cameras.

Does anyone know where I can purchase a cap for the post? N.B It is a 3x3 post...not 3" galvanized pipe.

idrees most likely. call them and see. possible chootoos hardware in el socorro as well as qpsl in freeport

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » May 25th, 2023, 2:43 pm

get a welder to weld a plate on top and paint it

Phone Surgeon wrote:
msg1 wrote:I'm currently doing a DIY install and setting a 3x3 galvanize post for the cameras.

idrees most likely. call them and see. possible chootoos hardware in el socorro as well as qpsl in freeport

Jerry84
Trinituner Peong

Postby Jerry84 » May 28th, 2023, 8:16 pm

ruffneck_12 wrote:
Jerry84 wrote:Need some advice on cctv systems. I currently need one at an off site location which doesn't have internet access but has power. I saw those cameras which screws up in a bulb Socket but it's labeled as wifi camera.
Seeing that it has a slot for a memory card would I be able to configure at a location with internet, then install at site?
My intention is to record footage and only review when needed.
What's your thoughts/suggestions?

I think thats the standard function bai . It stores everything on the device and you can review footage when necessary.

Idk if the one you looking at is different and needs to connect to a box or sumn
Therefore no internet required? Just making sure nah before I suggest to the bigger heads since materials go missing and blame is passed on to people as per their whims and fansies

DVSTT
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Postby DVSTT » June 3rd, 2023, 8:19 am

Guys I have a Reolink 4K system installed at home. I realized recently 2 of the cameras stopped working. I opened the junction box to see what was going on and found it was filled with water, the waterproof connectors weren't installed correctly, they omitted the rubber bung, so there was no sealing to the end of the cable. Additionally the cable was run vertically with the camera being the lowest point so water effective trickled down the cable and into the connection. The connection is now very corroded and I'm not sure the cameras are salvageable. My question is can the ends of the Ethernet cable be spliced and and new end added, or is the entire run of cable no not usually secondary to the corrosion?

maj. tom
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby maj. tom » June 3rd, 2023, 8:20 am

The installer not liable for their work?

Chimera
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Chimera » June 3rd, 2023, 8:25 am

Just put on new ends it should work.

Ted_v2
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Ted_v2 » June 3rd, 2023, 9:33 pm

what he said

screwbash
Riding on 18's

Postby screwbash » June 4th, 2023, 4:50 am

DVSTT wrote:Guys I have a Reolink 4K system installed at home. I realized recently 2 of the cameras stopped working. I opened the junction box to see what was going on and found it was filled with water, the waterproof connectors weren't installed correctly, they omitted the rubber bung, so there was no sealing to the end of the cable. Additionally the cable was run vertically with the camera being the lowest point so water effective trickled down the cable and into the connection. The connection is now very corroded and I'm not sure the cameras are salvageable. My question is can the ends of the Ethernet cable be spliced and and new end added, or is the entire run of cable no not usually secondary to the corrosion?

you get that reolink locally? if so where

Jerry84
Trinituner Peong

Postby Jerry84 » October 10th, 2023, 8:28 pm

So I visited a computer store/establishment on the main road in tunapuna and saw that they had an 8 camera system with dvr and 60ft of cable per camera for $3,000.00

I enquired about it and was told that the brand is among the top two in the world called "Dahua" or something to that effect. The cameras are 2mp and from my understanding, an upgrade to 4mp can be had for $50 per camera.

Would this be a decent, budget friendly, reliable system for my parents home, who just needs to view their surrounding but still have the safety of recorded footage if the need arises?

nick639v2
30 pounds of Boost

Postby nick639v2 » October 10th, 2023, 9:03 pm

Jerry84 wrote:So I visited a computer store/establishment on the main road in tunapuna and saw that they had an 8 camera system with dvr and 60ft of cable per camera for $3,000.00

I enquired about it and was told that the brand is among the top two in the world called "Dahua" or something to that effect. The cameras are 2mp and from my understanding, an upgrade to 4mp can be had for $50 per camera.

Would this be a decent, budget friendly, reliable system for my parents home, who just needs to view their surrounding but still have the safety of recorded footage if the need arises?

Yes I used dahua for years with no problems at all ahome. The failure on the dvr was my fault of neglect (dust and kitchen location). The cameras still work after 6+ years. I would recommend

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby MaxPower » October 10th, 2023, 9:35 pm

Jerry84 wrote:So I visited a computer store/establishment on the main road in tunapuna and saw that they had an 8 camera system with dvr and 60ft of cable per camera for $3,000.00

PM Phone Surgeon

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » October 10th, 2023, 9:43 pm

4mp is min standard now hence the good price on 2mp
dahua is a good brand but the dvr may or may not be capable of using higher mp cameras than 4mp

Chimera
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Chimera » October 11th, 2023, 12:42 pm

dahua is a good brand yes

but honestly brands dont really mean much unless you buying cameras that are 3000-5000 per camera

you might watch hikvision is a bess brand it is but most local people selling knockoff hik vision cameras

3000 for 8 cameras with 60 feet of cable for each camera is a pretty good price but you should pay the extra and get 4mp one time

Jerry84
Trinituner Peong

Postby Jerry84 » October 11th, 2023, 1:46 pm

Thanks a million for the advice guys. This system is for my parents given the current state of crime in the country especially when they prey on the elderly.

I will enquire on the available upgraded camera one time so that I get a reliable system.

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » October 11th, 2023, 1:56 pm

what you want cctv for ?

is there a burglar alarm with perimeter sensors?
otherwise you will only be using cctv to review your parents home invasion….

Jerry84 wrote:Thanks a million for the advice guys. This system is for my parents given the current state of crime in the country especially when they prey on the elderly.

I will enquire on the available upgraded camera one time so that I get a reliable system.

Chimera
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Chimera » October 11th, 2023, 1:57 pm

make sure the system has a easy to set up QR code and App for online viewing

thats the standard these days

if it dont have that dont buy it

Jerry84
Trinituner Peong

Postby Jerry84 » October 11th, 2023, 3:16 pm

pugboy wrote:what you want cctv for ?

is there a burglar alarm with perimeter sensors?
otherwise you will only be using cctv to review your parents home invasion….

Jerry84 wrote:Thanks a million for the advice guys. This system is for my parents given the current state of crime in the country especially when they prey on the elderly.

The property is literally like a prison with a million and one wrought-iron gates to protect them (my father was a bit paranoid). Buy intheir old age they are inside 99% of the time. They want to be able to see the surroundings from inside so they can make a sensible decision if needed (someone jumping the wall or already in the yard and at one of the doors)

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”