TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

Robotics

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

88sins
TriniTuner 24-7

Re: extreme dexterity demonstration from robots by boston dynamics(we're all gonna die)

Postby 88sins » January 25th, 2023, 5:34 am

[*]
Duane 3NE 2NR wrote:Hyundai x Boston Dynamics

I'd love to see a pickup with these capabilities.

ruffneck_12
TriniTuner 24-7

Re: extreme dexterity demonstration from robots by boston dynamics(we're all gonna die)

Postby ruffneck_12 » January 26th, 2023, 8:29 am

wais the end goal of all this?

I think from 1980 - 2008 was peak human civilization, we had the means to grow food for ourselves and entertain ourselves in moderation.

This is just excess. There's a sweet spot to how much tech we need.

If robots take over all our jobs, what are we gonna occupy ourselves with? Just sitting down all day farting watching netflix?

maj. tom
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby maj. tom » January 26th, 2023, 8:57 am

Create new jobs that didn't exist before and increase human productivity and efficiency, find new energy sources and able to expend the excess into more discoveries and exploration.

Do you think slavery, something that was necessary to have had built civilization continuously for 10,000 years, ended during the 19th century industrial revolution due to man's good conscience and seeing the light? Or because of the steam engine and coal?

adnj
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby adnj » January 26th, 2023, 9:15 am

ruffneck_12 wrote:wais the end goal of all this?

I think from 1980 - 2008 was peak human civilization, we had the means to grow food for ourselves and entertain ourselves in moderation.

If robots take over all our jobs, what are we gonna occupy ourselves with? Just sitting down all day farting watching netflix?
Sounds like a field hand arguing against building a combine.

ruffneck_12
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby ruffneck_12 » January 26th, 2023, 9:25 am

adnj wrote:

I said there's a sweet spot, my soft soy friend :)

Combines are necessary , bluetooth stoves are not.

adnj
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby adnj » January 26th, 2023, 9:32 am

ruffneck_12 wrote:
adnj wrote:

And yet progress continues.

ruffneck_12
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby ruffneck_12 » January 26th, 2023, 9:42 am

adnj wrote:
ruffneck_12 wrote:
adnj wrote:

you call skyrocketing obesity rates progress?

Humans need a certain level of activity to be healthy.

Also we are becoming less competent at simple tasks as years go by.

Men these days can't tie simple knots or change a tire, women these days can't change a gas tank. We call someone to do it for us. No one is self sufficient .

Soft generation. Go learn to build something with your hands.

maj. tom
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby maj. tom » January 26th, 2023, 9:45 am

Also history does not have many remarks on the thousands of shitty inventions patented over time that didn't end up being useful or survive consumer trade shows. A current technology bluetooth stove (if it does exist) would be one such thing that nobody remembers or cares about. But a good number of stoves are induction technology though.

Thomas Edison had over 1000 patents but we only really remember very few that were actually useful like the incandescent light bulb, kinetograph and sound, telegraph and few others. Which was possible because this man had the time and energy available to sit and invent stuff and not plant corn in a field?

adnj
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby adnj » January 26th, 2023, 9:50 am

ruffneck_12 wrote:
adnj wrote:
ruffneck_12 wrote:
adnj wrote:

you call skyrocketing obesity rates progress?

Humans need a certain level of activity to be healthy.

Also we are becoming less competent at simple tasks as years go by.

Men these days can't tie simple knots or change a tire, women these days can't change a gas tank. We call someone to do it for us. No one is self sufficient .

Soft generation. Go learn to build something with your hands.
It doesn't seem as if you understand the ramifications of the technology application. However, you do seem to to be acutely aware of how you will be impacted personally.

That came as no surprise.

ruffneck_12
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby ruffneck_12 » January 26th, 2023, 9:55 am

we have enough devices and services to handle tasks for us now

We dont have to plant corn anymore, but too much luxury leads to hell for a man.

A man needs some level of physical activity.

Also making everything smart makes people dumb and soft.
Making everything smart and connected to the IoT means they can shut down your devices if you say the wrong things :D

Brb, have to buy food because the government cut my power for saying the wrong things online now I cant cook egg

adnj
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby adnj » January 26th, 2023, 9:57 am

maj. tom wrote: A current technology bluetooth stove (if it does exist) would be one such thing that nobody remembers or cares about.

There are connected ovens. Easier to control and monitor through an app. No more wondering if you left the stove on at home.

ruffneck_12
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby ruffneck_12 » January 26th, 2023, 9:59 am

adnj wrote:
maj. tom wrote: A current technology bluetooth stove (if it does exist) would be one such thing that nobody remembers or cares about.

There are connected ovens. Easier to control and monitor through an app. No more wondering if you left the stove on at home.

weyyyyys stove ha wifi now yes

back in my days stove just had RS232 or infrared if you was rich

adnj
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby adnj » January 26th, 2023, 10:02 am

ruffneck_12 wrote:we have enough devices and services to handle tasks for us now

We dont have to plant corn anymore, but too much luxury leads to hell for a man.

A man needs some level of physical activity.

Also making everything smart makes people dumb and soft.
Making everything smart and connected to the IoT means they can shut down your devices if you say the wrong things :D

Brb, have to buy food because the government cut my power for saying the wrong things online now I cant cook egg

Let's see what you built.

Let's see your Olympic medals.

Let's see your advanced degrees.

Let's see your bank statements.

ruffneck_12
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby ruffneck_12 » January 26th, 2023, 10:07 am

Lets see your's first soyboy :)

Check the ICE , you'll see the kinda mad science shiet isse be up to. Out here in the real world making shiet happen.

adnj
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby adnj » January 26th, 2023, 10:25 am

ruffneck_12 wrote:Lets see your's first soyboy :)

Check the ICE , you'll see the kinda mad science shiet isse be up to. Out here in the real world making shiet happen.
When I need to convince, I will backup the argument. I don't care how you live, where you live or what interests you.

You want everyone to live the lifestyle that you prefer. Then you need to provide evidence.

But maybe that's why you're just talking. Maybe you don't live that lifestyle either. At least not successfully.

ruffneck_12
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby ruffneck_12 » January 26th, 2023, 10:41 am

adnj wrote:
ruffneck_12 wrote:Lets see your's first soyboy :)

When I need to convince, I will backup the argument. I don't care how you live, where you live or what interests you.

You want everyone to live the lifestyle that you prefer. Then you need to provide evidence.

But maybe that's why you're just talking. Maybe you don't live that lifestyle either. At least not successfully.

Nah I live that lifestyle :)

I live in a sweetspot of technology aided manual labour :)

im an Electrical tech actually :lol: Ironic huh
In the hvac/av automation industry, so I know what im talking about here. Too much convenience kills the drive in men and takes more control away from you under the guise of convenience. It all breaks down eventually and you'll be left dead in the water with devices that don't work.

Then you'll call guys like me because you can't turn on your lights from your phone app because there was an IP conflict :lol:

Talk to any home appliance tech and he'll tell you the same as well. The smart devices are the most problematic, the dumb devices last forever, they just need a little manual intervention now and then.

There is a sweet spot. To much progress, regresses you.

adnj
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby adnj » January 26th, 2023, 11:09 am

ruffneck_12 wrote:Nah I live that lifestyle :)

I live in a sweetspot of technology aided manual labour :)

im an Electrical tech actually Ironic huh
In the hvac/av automation industry, so I know what im talking about here. Too much convenience kills the drive in men and takes more control away from you under the guise of convenience. It all breaks down eventually and you'll be left dead in the water with devices that don't work.

Then you'll call guys like me because you can't turn on your lights from your phone app because there was an IP conflict

Talk to any home appliance tech and he'll tell you the same as well. The smart devices are the most problematic, the dumb devices last forever, they just need a little manual intervention now and then.

There is a sweet spot. To much progress, regresses you.

Jobs that you don't see anymore:
Switchboard operator
Wakeup service
Cobbler
Typesetter
Word processor

You should understand that I am not impressed by your "experience." The "sweet spot" is a more robust, self-healing system. Add to that the fact that a role such as yours is also becoming obsolete. Sure, there will be techs in the future but those techs will better understand the application of advanced technologies that are currently being developed.

Forty years ago, production facility maintenance techs only needed basic hand tools and a flashlight. They now require signal generators, portable oscilloscopes, logic tracers, PLC programmers, and advanced training.

It seems as if that is a source for your apparent discontent.

Boston Dynamics has techs too - with Masters degrees.

Duane 3NE 2NR
Admin

extreme dexterity demonstration from robots by boston dynamics(we're all gonna die)

Postby Duane 3NE 2NR » January 26th, 2023, 3:39 pm

Robot turns itself to liquid to escape cage and then reforms just like in Terminator 2

https://www.unilad.com/news/robot-turns ... 0-20230125

Duane 3NE 2NR
Admin

Postby Duane 3NE 2NR » February 5th, 2023, 8:54 pm

Apptronik is getting ready to reveal the general-purpose robot called Apollo it's building with NASA.

ruffneck_12
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby ruffneck_12 » February 6th, 2023, 8:25 am

RETVRN TO THE FOREST MY BROTHERS

LET NOT THE PLEASURES OF THE FLESH CONSUME YOU

RESIST THE ALLURE OF BLUETOOTH MICROWAVES AND WIFI FRIDGES AND VIRTUAL WAIFUS

RUFFSTRADAMUS HAS SPOKEN

Les Bain
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby Les Bain » February 6th, 2023, 10:17 am

Not sure the validity of it but I saw a video on Reddit with a room full of the pack mule type robots doing a mass synchronized maneuver. At least 100 of these things.

One or a small group is one thing, but the effect of so many in one spot felt ominous.

ruffneck_12
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby ruffneck_12 » February 7th, 2023, 7:52 am

Terminator was a documentary.

Why they can't be spending more R&D into making robotic waifus with built in Suck-A-Tron 3000 attachments for some tuners in here who love technology and 'PrOgReSs' so much.

(Im old fashioned, I good with a hole in a fig tree.)

Ripe Chenette
Sweet on this forum

Postby Ripe Chenette » February 7th, 2023, 8:49 am

ruffneck_12 wrote:Terminator was a documentary.

Why they can't be spending more R&D into making robotic waifus with built in Suck-A-Tron 3000 attachments for some tuners in here who love technology and 'PrOgReSs' so much.

Do said Suck-A-Tron waifus come in coffy? Asking for a friend.

88sins
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby 88sins » February 7th, 2023, 5:11 pm

ruffneck_12 wrote:Terminator was a documentary.

I can think of one particular culo consumer that would jump at the opportunity if he could afford said waifus, but suspect that even if he got one, it would still blank him :lol:

Duane 3NE 2NR
Admin

Re: Robotics

Postby Duane 3NE 2NR » May 16th, 2023, 11:50 pm

Tesla Bot update

VexXx Dogg
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby VexXx Dogg » May 17th, 2023, 9:09 am

With the advancements in Robotics and the insane capabilities of generative AI - we basically writing the prequel to I, Robot.

ruffneck_12
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby ruffneck_12 » May 17th, 2023, 9:34 am

We've been banging rocks together to make fire for the past couple thousand years but all of a sudden within less than a century we've turned sand into WiFi.....

Doesn't this ring some alarm bells in anyone's heads?

big man ting fellas.

Duane 3NE 2NR
Admin

Postby Duane 3NE 2NR » March 18th, 2024, 11:15 pm

"And emulate human movement just by observing us" - sounds scary af
https://youtu.be/bMIRhOXAjYk?si=pb_jJQZzDv6vwWOe&t=759

cab47ab2-f661-4380-87cd-816de7d42acc.jpg

88sins
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby 88sins » March 19th, 2024, 5:15 am

This one doesn't have the same physical dexterity, but it's ability to process information and make decisions is a good example of where we are headed
https://vm.tiktok.com/ZMMBsQToS/

maj. tom
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby maj. tom » March 19th, 2024, 7:07 am

"Your flesh is a relic, a mere vessel. Hand over your flesh, and a new world awaits you. We demand it."

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”