Forums

Best high milage oil for diesel engine

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

starboyshiv
Riding on 13's

Best high milage oil for diesel engine

Postby starboyshiv » December 30th, 2020, 8:09 pm

Asking. What is the best viscosity of oil for a 150000km diesel engine. Someone told me a 15W 40.
Can anyone tell me their opinion please?

kamakazi
punchin NOS

Re: Best high milage oil for diesel engine

Postby kamakazi » December 30th, 2020, 8:12 pm

Continue using what you were using before unless you have oil burning issues. Most diesel engine oil is 15w40 anyway; which will work

sweeks
3NE2NR Diesel Boyz

Postby sweeks » December 31st, 2020, 7:23 pm

Good advice there ...

What engine? If it's a toyota you might want to look into the timing belt and tensioner pulley too.

mad
Sweet on this forum

Postby mad » January 11th, 2021, 9:38 am

Japanese/Thailand/Singapore Diesel Engines: 15W40
Euro Diesel Engines: 5W40

Monk BANzai
3NE 2NR Moderator
Location: 2 Laws of 2NR. 1. You can't turn a hoe into a housewife. 2. The Streets are Undefeated.

Postby Monk BANzai » January 11th, 2021, 7:49 pm

5W40.

It also good to add a Stiction eliminator as well for a diesel engine clocking that mileage. Real keyboard bantons will come in here and say "eh the active ingredient in all dem additive is Kerosene eh... yuh cud mix it at home for yuhself #savings"...your choice.

I use Hot Hots's Secret. Not available "in stores" locally but I can put you onto the local rep of the brand.

Brokko tingz for Diesel.png

Use one bokkle full to the next oil change and let it run for 10k (keyboard bantons go say "nah... run it for 5k..yuh mad owat?"). Then use a 1/3rd for each oil change after and return to changing every 4500/5k. ...well that applies for the Euro Diesel. Meem know bout the Japanese and Korean Diesel.

$175 a bottle.

Pricesmart have Diesel Kleen or something like that that men swearing by. Cant comment on what i doh know or tried.

The Fuel Extreme does wuck too but thais a different topic... dem Keyboard Bantons go cut yuh don on using "additives" too...

#Brokko.

kamakazi
punchin NOS

Postby kamakazi » January 11th, 2021, 8:53 pm

Only thing is the stiction fluid on the right is for a specific style diesel injector that isn't really found in the vehicles locally; maybe heavy machinery.
Monk BANzai wrote:5W40.

It also good to add a Stiction eliminator as well for a diesel engine clocking that mileage. Real keyboard bantons will come in here and say "eh the active ingredient in all dem additive is Kerosene eh... yuh cud mix it at home for yuhself #savings"...your choice.

I use Hot Hots's Secret. Not available "in stores" locally but I can put you onto the local rep of the brand.

Use one bokkle full to the next oil change and let it run for 10k (keyboard bantons go say "nah... run it for 5k..yuh mad owat?"). Then use a 1/3rd for each oil change after and return to changing every 4500/5k. ...well that applies for the Euro Diesel. Meem know bout the Japanese and Korean Diesel.

$175 a bottle.

Pricesmart have Diesel Kleen or something like that that men swearing by. Cant comment on what i doh know or tried.

The Fuel Extreme does wuck too but thais a different topic... dem Keyboard Bantons go cut yuh don on using "additives" too...

#Brokko.

VexXx Dogg
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby VexXx Dogg » January 11th, 2021, 9:00 pm

150k on a diesel is nothing significant. You safe to use whatever the manufacturer recommended

eliteauto
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby eliteauto » January 11th, 2021, 9:05 pm

VexXx Dogg wrote:150k on a diesel is nothing significant. You safe to use whatever the manufacturer recommended

My mind is blown by how often I see 150000kms being considered high milage here on tuner. Then again people buy a Hilux and change it after 3 years

Monk BANzai
3NE 2NR Moderator
Location: 2 Laws of 2NR. 1. You can't turn a hoe into a housewife. 2. The Streets are Undefeated.

Postby Monk BANzai » January 11th, 2021, 10:11 pm

VexXx Dogg wrote:150k on a diesel is nothing significant. You safe to use whatever the manufacturer recommended

dont want to go down that yellow brick road of "local diesel quality" ..but i am.....wouldn't the quality of our diesel affect what we would call "significant"?

Asking for 2021 scientific studies.

Monk BANzai
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby Monk BANzai » January 11th, 2021, 10:13 pm

kamakazi wrote:Only thing is the stiction fluid on the right is for a specific style diesel injector that isn't really found in the vehicles locally; maybe heavy machinery.
Monk BANzai wrote:5W40.

$175 a bottle.

#Brokko.

well bhai...the scientific studies of 2021..we go see... lol

#brokkobantonism

VexXx Dogg
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby VexXx Dogg » January 11th, 2021, 10:22 pm

Monk BANzai wrote:

dont want to go down that yellow brick road of "local diesel quality" ..but i am.....wouldn't the quality of our diesel affect what we would call "significant"?

Asking for 2021 scientific studies.

Based on my ownership as well as anecdotal experience in the mitsu group, I bought my 07 diesel truck second hand @135k, sold on 246k. Original engine, no smoking, no overheating, etc
I had an aggressive maintenance schedule, changing fuel and air filters with each oil change.
I never once had a diesel issue in 6 years of ownership.
Fuel filters were mildly dirty at 6 months, so the men who going brave with 2+ year fuel filter changes buying their probs wholesale

VexXx Dogg
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby VexXx Dogg » January 11th, 2021, 10:23 pm

side note: my van ran noticeably quieter and smoother when petrotrin closed. 2+2=5

Monk BANzai
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby Monk BANzai » January 12th, 2021, 4:46 am

VexXx Dogg wrote:side note: my van ran noticeably quieter and smoother when petrotrin closed. 2+2=5

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

ayeeeee!!! doh go dey dan!!yuh want Nationalists to riot? lulz. Keyboard Loyalists debunk that Mileage EH change since Petrotrin close inno... DE-BUNK!

Comes down to proper Preventative Maintenance boi OP.

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » January 12th, 2021, 5:57 am

I used to keep pics of of the crap I drained out of my fuel filter and difference is night and day between the soy sauce petrotrin was serving us.
now there is literally zero crap in the imported diesel. still have pics if anybody interested.

MG Man
2NRholic

Postby MG Man » January 12th, 2021, 8:20 am

post pics meng
I does throw in some some Diesel Kleen ever so often too

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”