TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

NGC & NP solar-powered service station in Couva

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

User avatar
Duane 3NE 2NR
Admin
Posts: 24484
Joined: March 24th, 2003, 10:27 am
Location: T&T
Contact:

NGC & NP solar-powered service station in Couva

Postby Duane 3NE 2NR » February 20th, 2021, 1:10 pm

The National Gas Company and National Petroleum Marketing Company have announced the launch of a solar-powered service station in Preysal, Couva, to be opened later this year.

In a statement shared via social media, the company said it’s in the final stages of a ‘state-of-the-art solar-powered service station’. The company said construction work began in January 2020 and is expected to be finished by the end of March 2021, with an opening date shortly after.

The station will dispense the traditional liquid fuels, Super, Premium and Diesel, as well as the more environmentally friendly and cost-effective CNG and electric vehicle charging.

Image

https://www.looptt.com/content/ngc-laun ... ce-station

pugboy
TriniTuner 24-7
Posts: 17234
Joined: September 6th, 2003, 6:18 pm

Re: NGC & NP solar-powered service station in Couva

Postby pugboy » February 20th, 2021, 1:15 pm

what are the little circular huts for ?

Didnt this project start under kamala ?

User avatar
VII
punchin NOS
Posts: 3657
Joined: July 29th, 2003, 9:44 pm
Location: maraval
Contact:

Re: NGC & NP solar-powered service station in Couva

Postby VII » February 20th, 2021, 1:17 pm

pugboy wrote:what are the little circular huts for ?

Didnt this project start under kamala ?


Those huts were part of another project...mainly beautification and environment awareness.

User avatar
DMan7
Riding on 16's
Posts: 1249
Joined: February 2nd, 2021, 5:17 pm

Re: NGC & NP solar-powered service station in Couva

Postby DMan7 » February 20th, 2021, 1:19 pm

pugboy wrote:what are the little circular huts for ?

Didnt this project start under kamala ?


Shag Hutts.

User avatar
sMASH
TriniTuner 24-7
Posts: 17789
Joined: January 11th, 2005, 4:30 am

Re: NGC & NP solar-powered service station in Couva

Postby sMASH » February 20th, 2021, 1:22 pm

would like to find out the storage and inverter system they using.

User avatar
aidan
30 pounds of Boost
Posts: 2542
Joined: August 26th, 2005, 2:09 am
Location: Saving the world.
Contact:

Re: NGC & NP solar-powered service station in Couva

Postby aidan » February 20th, 2021, 1:41 pm

This
sMASH wrote:would like to find out the storage and inverter system they using.

User avatar
aaron17
punchin NOS
Posts: 4041
Joined: June 13th, 2006, 7:54 pm

Re: NGC & NP solar-powered service station in Couva

Postby aaron17 » February 20th, 2021, 1:43 pm

I advise anyone to not use the fuel there until everything settles in ..like about a few good months after opening.

daring dragoon
Riding on 16's
Posts: 1184
Joined: November 13th, 2016, 1:32 pm

Re: NGC & NP solar-powered service station in Couva

Postby daring dragoon » February 20th, 2021, 2:37 pm

those circular huts were to sell pulhourie, doubles and other fry junk to make people sick and put them in the hospital opposite.

User avatar
viedcht
Riding on 17's
Posts: 1482
Joined: November 27th, 2014, 4:50 pm

Re: NGC & NP solar-powered service station in Couva

Postby viedcht » February 20th, 2021, 4:38 pm

Porn viewing huts for EV charging users. Brilliant!
DMan7 wrote:
pugboy wrote:what are the little circular huts for ?

Didnt this project start under kamala ?


Shag Hutts.

User avatar
Duane 3NE 2NR
Admin
Posts: 24484
Joined: March 24th, 2003, 10:27 am
Location: T&T
Contact:

Re: NGC & NP solar-powered service station in Couva

Postby Duane 3NE 2NR » March 17th, 2021, 1:00 pm

320 solar photo voltaic panels were installed on the topside canopy of the soon-to-be opened Preysal service station.

160176125_3958764987514891_5746434157158463000_o.jpg


161324689_3958765320848191_8421094731986055044_o.jpg

pugboy
TriniTuner 24-7
Posts: 17234
Joined: September 6th, 2003, 6:18 pm

Re: NGC & NP solar-powered service station in Couva

Postby pugboy » March 17th, 2021, 1:30 pm

how much is the contract to clean them every week?

User avatar
zoom rader
TunerGod
Posts: 24892
Joined: April 22nd, 2003, 12:39 pm
Location: Grand Cayman

Re: NGC & NP solar-powered service station in Couva

Postby zoom rader » March 17th, 2021, 1:34 pm

pugboy wrote:how much is the contract to clean them every week?
You catching on

mitch1980
3NE2NR is my LIFE
Posts: 800
Joined: June 5th, 2007, 3:33 pm
Contact:

Re: NGC & NP solar-powered service station in Couva

Postby mitch1980 » March 17th, 2021, 2:27 pm

Waste of money
Significant time lapse between project conception and implementation.
10 liquid fuel pumps
10 cng pumps
2 electric charging stations.
Market has shifted to hybrid/ full EV.


Also who will be the owners of this when they privatize?

User avatar
zoom rader
TunerGod
Posts: 24892
Joined: April 22nd, 2003, 12:39 pm
Location: Grand Cayman

Re: NGC & NP solar-powered service station in Couva

Postby zoom rader » March 17th, 2021, 8:15 pm

mitch1980 wrote:Waste of money
Significant time lapse between project conception and implementation.
10 liquid fuel pumps
10 cng pumps
2 electric charging stations.
Market has shifted to hybrid/ full EV.


Also who will be the owners of this when they privatize?
Red government MPs and their families with be given these stations.

It's the 1970s gas station racket all over again .

pugboy
TriniTuner 24-7
Posts: 17234
Joined: September 6th, 2003, 6:18 pm

Re: NGC & NP solar-powered service station in Couva

Postby pugboy » March 17th, 2021, 8:16 pm

the only racket that ain’t recycled ever is the horse racing complex

User avatar
zoom rader
TunerGod
Posts: 24892
Joined: April 22nd, 2003, 12:39 pm
Location: Grand Cayman

Re: NGC & NP solar-powered service station in Couva

Postby zoom rader » March 17th, 2021, 8:18 pm

pugboy wrote:the only racket that ain’t recycled ever is the horse racing complex
What !

You bring back some memories dey

Very few will know of the red government horse racing bobol.

User avatar
eliteauto
TriniTuner 24-7
Posts: 13433
Joined: March 10th, 2006, 1:36 am
Location: Margamanning
Contact:

Re: NGC & NP solar-powered service station in Couva

Postby eliteauto » March 17th, 2021, 8:54 pm

mitch1980 wrote:Waste of money
Significant time lapse between project conception and implementation.
10 liquid fuel pumps
10 cng pumps
2 electric charging stations.
Market has shifted to hybrid/ full EV.


Also who will be the owners of this when they privatize?


Which market? The global market has little effect on the current needs of the local market which is very much liquid fuel. Even CNG vehicles exceed electric ones by far locally, btw hybrids also use liquid fuel

K74T
TriniTuner 24-7
Posts: 19580
Joined: June 7th, 2010, 11:01 pm

Re: NGC & NP solar-powered service station in Couva

Postby K74T » September 21st, 2021, 9:11 am

On Wednesday 22nd September 2021, NP’s newest Service Station, NP Preysal, will be officially opened! This brand-new Service Station will be one of our largest, and is equipped with:
· 20 filling spots: 10 for liquid fuels and 10 for CNG
· Solar Panels
· Brand new NP Quik Charge Electric Vehicle Charging System
· QuikShoppe Plus

PLUS more!

FB_IMG_1632229802071.jpg

User avatar
VexXx Dogg
TriniTuner 24-7
Posts: 14670
Joined: May 1st, 2003, 10:23 am
Location: ☠☠☠

Re: NGC & NP solar-powered service station in Couva

Postby VexXx Dogg » September 21st, 2021, 9:38 am

So more traffic there then?
I hope they did some thinking around the entry/exit

User avatar
Habit7
TriniTuner 24-7
Posts: 11310
Joined: April 20th, 2009, 10:20 pm

Re: NGC & NP solar-powered service station in Couva

Postby Habit7 » September 21st, 2021, 9:50 am

There are always long lines for CNG in South. I hope this alleviates the demand.

User avatar
aaron17
punchin NOS
Posts: 4041
Joined: June 13th, 2006, 7:54 pm

Re: NGC & NP solar-powered service station in Couva

Postby aaron17 » September 21st, 2021, 10:47 am

VexXx Dogg wrote:So more traffic there then?
I hope they did some thinking around the entry/exit
To me it looks problematic since its close to a mini roundabout.

User avatar
aaron17
punchin NOS
Posts: 4041
Joined: June 13th, 2006, 7:54 pm

Re: NGC & NP solar-powered service station in Couva

Postby aaron17 » September 21st, 2021, 11:15 am

Plenty ppl telling me to let they settle down for a few months and iron out any problems they could have. It is possible to have water there.

K74T
TriniTuner 24-7
Posts: 19580
Joined: June 7th, 2010, 11:01 pm

Re: NGC & NP solar-powered service station in Couva

Postby K74T » September 22nd, 2021, 7:20 am



Live stream of opening from 10am

User avatar
eliteauto
TriniTuner 24-7
Posts: 13433
Joined: March 10th, 2006, 1:36 am
Location: Margamanning
Contact:

Re: NGC & NP solar-powered service station in Couva

Postby eliteauto » September 22nd, 2021, 10:54 am

Habit7 wrote:There are always long lines for CNG in South. I hope this alleviates the demand.

So taxis gonna leave south and tell passengers "eh ah juss pulling in for ah lil gas dey gimme 5 mins"? :?

sam1978
Riding on 16's
Posts: 1145
Joined: February 12th, 2017, 8:30 am

Re: NGC & NP solar-powered service station in Couva

Postby sam1978 » September 22nd, 2021, 11:15 am

So the taxis can’t fill up when they’re between trips?

User avatar
aaron17
punchin NOS
Posts: 4041
Joined: June 13th, 2006, 7:54 pm

Re: NGC & NP solar-powered service station in Couva

Postby aaron17 » September 23rd, 2021, 9:03 am

As expected...ppl dont know how to enter. They using the wrong road. Security have to turn them back. Idk why they didnt put proper signs.

K74T
TriniTuner 24-7
Posts: 19580
Joined: June 7th, 2010, 11:01 pm

Re: NGC & NP solar-powered service station in Couva

Postby K74T » September 23rd, 2021, 9:41 am

Dubbed "the Service Station of the future", on Wednesday 22nd September 2021, NP officially opened its state-of-the-art, solar-powered NP Preysal Service Station at the corner of Rivulet Road & Sir Solomon Hochoy Highway in Couva, as part of a collaborative venture with NGC CNG and the National Energy Corporation’s Sustainable Energy Division.

To keep in step with ever-evolving technology and to support a green agenda, as part of its design, the topside canopy is equipped with solar photo voltaic and storage panels and an electric vehicle charging system, as a fitting way to introduce the new NP Quik Charge brand.

Situated on over 65,000 square feet of land with an expansive 241-foot x 36-foot canopy, this ultra-modern site has 20 filling spots: ten (10) for liquid fuels (premium, super and diesel) and ten (10) for the environmentally friendly compressed natural gas (CNG).

Other impressive features include an Ultra Lubricants Car Care Zone, LED lighting for optimal customer security, Pay-at-the-Pump facilities, and an ATM.

Moreover, NP’s popular convenience store, QuikShoppe Plus, will provide fresh-made food items as part of its offerings, thus becoming a perfect destination for the busy commuter.

We are happy to welcome motorists along this route and those on the nearby Pt. Lisas Industrial Estate to this fully modernized site, one of the largest in the region!

FB_IMG_1632404291923.jpg
FB_IMG_1632404289064.jpg
FB_IMG_1632404294415.jpg
FB_IMG_1632404296823.jpg
FB_IMG_1632404299344.jpg

User avatar
nemisis
punchin NOS
Posts: 4288
Joined: February 26th, 2010, 10:09 am

Re: NGC & NP solar-powered service station in Couva

Postby nemisis » September 23rd, 2021, 11:07 am

sam1978 wrote:So the taxis can’t fill up when they’re between trips?
Your comment is for North South route or central taxis only, can't see the sense in a south cng user leaving South to go central to fill up. You waste cng to and from. Plus time to get there. Cng makes sense if you living north or central to some degree but one station at cocoyea with 4 pumps to handle the entire of South for YEARS is unreasonable.

User avatar
Toyopet
3NE2NR is my LIFE
Posts: 802
Joined: July 20th, 2008, 10:45 pm
Location: On the road
Contact:

Re: NGC & NP solar-powered service station in Couva

Postby Toyopet » September 23rd, 2021, 11:28 am

That electric car owner gonna be a little bored while he 'fills up'

K74T wrote:Dubbed "the Service Station of the future", on Wednesday 22nd September 2021, NP officially opened its state-of-the-art, solar-powered NP Preysal Service Station at the corner of Rivulet Road & Sir Solomon Hochoy Highway in Couva, as part of a collaborative venture with NGC CNG and the National Energy Corporation’s Sustainable Energy Division.

To keep in step with ever-evolving technology and to support a green agenda, as part of its design, the topside canopy is equipped with solar photo voltaic and storage panels and an electric vehicle charging system, as a fitting way to introduce the new NP Quik Charge brand.

Situated on over 65,000 square feet of land with an expansive 241-foot x 36-foot canopy, this ultra-modern site has 20 filling spots: ten (10) for liquid fuels (premium, super and diesel) and ten (10) for the environmentally friendly compressed natural gas (CNG).

Other impressive features include an Ultra Lubricants Car Care Zone, LED lighting for optimal customer security, Pay-at-the-Pump facilities, and an ATM.

Moreover, NP’s popular convenience store, QuikShoppe Plus, will provide fresh-made food items as part of its offerings, thus becoming a perfect destination for the busy commuter.

We are happy to welcome motorists along this route and those on the nearby Pt. Lisas Industrial Estate to this fully modernized site, one of the largest in the region!

FB_IMG_1632404299344.jpgFB_IMG_1632404296823.jpgFB_IMG_1632404294415.jpgFB_IMG_1632404289064.jpgFB_IMG_1632404291923.jpg

User avatar
Duane 3NE 2NR
Admin
Posts: 24484
Joined: March 24th, 2003, 10:27 am
Location: T&T
Contact:

Re: NGC & NP solar-powered service station in Couva

Postby Duane 3NE 2NR » September 23rd, 2021, 11:37 am

Toyopet wrote:That electric car owner gonna be a little bored while he 'fills up'

K74T wrote:Dubbed "the Service Station of the future", on Wednesday 22nd September 2021, NP officially opened its state-of-the-art, solar-powered NP Preysal Service Station at the corner of Rivulet Road & Sir Solomon Hochoy Highway in Couva, as part of a collaborative venture with NGC CNG and the National Energy Corporation’s Sustainable Energy Division.

To keep in step with ever-evolving technology and to support a green agenda, as part of its design, the topside canopy is equipped with solar photo voltaic and storage panels and an electric vehicle charging system, as a fitting way to introduce the new NP Quik Charge brand.

Situated on over 65,000 square feet of land with an expansive 241-foot x 36-foot canopy, this ultra-modern site has 20 filling spots: ten (10) for liquid fuels (premium, super and diesel) and ten (10) for the environmentally friendly compressed natural gas (CNG).

Other impressive features include an Ultra Lubricants Car Care Zone, LED lighting for optimal customer security, Pay-at-the-Pump facilities, and an ATM.

Moreover, NP’s popular convenience store, QuikShoppe Plus, will provide fresh-made food items as part of its offerings, thus becoming a perfect destination for the busy commuter.

We are happy to welcome motorists along this route and those on the nearby Pt. Lisas Industrial Estate to this fully modernized site, one of the largest in the region!

FB_IMG_1632404299344.jpgFB_IMG_1632404296823.jpgFB_IMG_1632404294415.jpgFB_IMG_1632404289064.jpgFB_IMG_1632404291923.jpg

In the press conference they stated a quick 1/2 hour charge should fill up most electric vehicle batteries from 0%. That's really quick by comparison.
The charge station at Brentwood took over an hour to charge 20% of a hybrid vehicle battery last time I used it.

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: FuadAdnan and 49 guests