TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

Can the current Scotia Visa Debit card be utilized with PayPal to make local online purchases where PayPal is accepted?

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

uniqueprofessor
Riding on 13's

Can the current Scotia Visa Debit card be utilized with PayPal to make local online purchases where PayPal is accepted?

Postby uniqueprofessor » March 4th, 2021, 10:19 am

Can I use a Scotia Visa Debit card with PayPal to make local purchases where PayPal is accepted?

elec2020
12 pounds of Boost

Re: Can the current Scotia Visa Debit card be utilized with PayPal to make local online purchases where PayPal is accept

Postby elec2020 » March 4th, 2021, 10:35 am

Doubt it. Our debit cards (and i could be wrong) not meant to be used on international pamyment systems. In the international arena they can olny be used in certain atms.

uniqueprofessor
Riding on 13's

Re: Can the current Scotia Visa Debit card be utilized with PayPal to make local online purchases where PayPal is accept

Postby uniqueprofessor » March 4th, 2021, 10:55 am

I saw that PayPal does accept Visa debit cards, but wanted to verify before utilizing the service.

So the PayPal service won't accept local debit cards even if one intends to make a local purchase (no currency conversion etc.)?

Thanks for your assistance.

Dohplaydat
punchin NOS

Postby Dohplaydat » March 4th, 2021, 11:11 am

uniqueprofessor wrote:I saw that PayPal does accept Visa debit cards, but wanted to verify before utilizing the service.

So the PayPal service won't accept local debit cards even if one intends to make a local purchase (no currency conversion etc.)?

Thanks for your assistance.

It's a currency issue, PayPal as far as I know doesn't accept payments in TTD and those visa debit cards are locked to TTD, I believe.

DMan7
punchin NOS

Postby DMan7 » March 4th, 2021, 11:15 am

You've got to get an International Visa Debit Card.

INDAVID WORKSHOP
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby INDAVID WORKSHOP » March 4th, 2021, 12:14 pm

Guys,

I linked my RBCTT Credit card and it works for all purchase via Paypal.

A few finicky merchants prefer direct debit instead of Paypal so be careful- Paypal is safest option.

Duane 3NE 2NR
Admin

Postby Duane 3NE 2NR » March 4th, 2021, 12:47 pm

INDAVID WORKSHOP wrote:Guys,

I linked my RBCTT Credit card and it works for all purchase via Paypal.

A few finicky merchants prefer direct debit instead of Paypal so be careful- Paypal is safest option.

Yes it works for Credit cards but not local TTD Visa debit cards.

The local banks are switching their LINX cards to Visa Debit cards, but they are in TT$ and can’t be used for online purchases. They can be used at select foreign ATMs but not at point-of-sale in stores abroad. At a foreign ATM you can withdraw up to US$100 per day.

These local LINX cards with the Visa Debit logo can’t be used on PayPal.

JMMB has a US$ Visa Debit card that can be used on PayPal.

Chimera
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Chimera » March 4th, 2021, 12:54 pm

jmmb limit is 500 usd for the month

Habit7
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Habit7 » March 4th, 2021, 12:59 pm

Your ScotiaBank Visa Debit cannot be used for online purchases in USD. If you try too many times, they will but a block on your card.

@lex
Street 2NR

Postby @lex » March 4th, 2021, 1:25 pm

Doesnt RBC have a new visa debit card that works for international purchases as well?

uniqueprofessor
Riding on 13's

Postby uniqueprofessor » March 4th, 2021, 2:51 pm

Habit7 wrote:Your ScotiaBank Visa Debit cannot be used for online purchases in USD. If you try too many times, they will but a block on your card.

What about domestic online purchases via a local merchant via PayPal?

Duane 3NE 2NR
Admin

Postby Duane 3NE 2NR » March 4th, 2021, 3:22 pm

uniqueprofessor wrote:
Habit7 wrote:Your ScotiaBank Visa Debit cannot be used for online purchases in USD. If you try too many times, they will but a block on your card.

You can't add the card to PayPal at all as far as I know.

Habit7
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Habit7 » March 4th, 2021, 3:32 pm

Duane 3NE 2NR wrote:
uniqueprofessor wrote:

You can't add the card to PayPal at all as far as I know.

Shop online*, locally at:

Beacon Insurance
Courts
Damus Building Solutions
Digicel
Excellent Stores
Flow
Guardian Life of the Caribbean
Guardian General Insurance Limited
Grace Kennedy
Greendot
Guardian Media
Peake Trading
Prism Services Trinidad
Sacha Cosmetics
Scotia Aero
Simpson Finance
bmobile (from TSTT)
Very Exciting Things

https://tt.scotiabank.com/about-scotiab ... pping.html

Locally, your ScotiaCard™ Visa Debit can be used at any ATM or Point of Sale machine that’s on the LINX network – if asked, just flip the card over and show the Merchant the LINX logo.
Your ScotiaCard™ can be used to shop online, locally. Find out more here.
At this time, purchases on international websites are restricted.
Internationally, your ScotiaCard™ Visa Debit can be used in person, at any Plus ATM or Point of Sale where Visa is accepted.

https://tt.scotiabank.com/about-scotiab ... -faqs.html

Duane 3NE 2NR
Admin

Postby Duane 3NE 2NR » March 4th, 2021, 3:39 pm

^ not via PayPal though.
Currently only throught local merchants that use Scotiabank E-Commerce platform on their ecommerce website.

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”