Trindad Company Filing Amnesty ends 14 Aug 2024

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

Chimera
TriniTuner 24-7

Trindad Company Filing Amnesty ends 14 Aug 2024

Postby Chimera » March 14th, 2021, 1:22 am

not sure if this is posted anywhere here but to whoever it concerns

Final amnesty ends March 31st, after which I'm told they going to enforce things drastically as government money low and they looking to get $$$ from wherever possible
one of the fines is $300 PER DAY plus jailtime and 10k fine
so.....get yuh affairs in order ppl
if yuh have old companies that register years ago and you eh taking it on and it just sitting there, time to close it down

you're welcome

The Companies Registry of Trinidad and Tobago has extended the amnesty for the late filing of the below documents to March 31, 2021.

Return of Beneficial Interest in the Shares of a Company
All other time sensitive forms, such as
Annual Returns
Notices of Change of Directors/Secretary/Address of Registered Office
Notice of Execution or Termination of a Unanimous Shareholders Agreement
Articles of Amendment (pertaining to any fundamental changes to the Articles)

Please note that in accordance with the Companies (Amendment) Act, 2019, failure to meet the filing requirement of the Return of Beneficial Interest in the Shares of a Company by the deadline date will result in the company, every director and officer and the shareholder/beneficial owner being liable to a fine of TT$10,000 and 3 years imprisonment, plus TT$300 for each day your documents remain outstanding.

The Beneficial Owner is the natural person who is the ultimate owner of the company, or the natural person who exercises control over the company.
This requirement applies to locally incorporated limited liability companies only (not externally registered companies).

We wish to remind you that, pursuant to the provisions of the Companies Act, 1995, there are certain documents required to be filed within prescribed time frames.

Documents required include but are not limited to the following:

Annual Return – to be filled not later than thirty (30) days after the anniversary date of incorporation, Continuance or Amalgamation – whichever is the latest
Notice of Change of Directors – to be filed within thirty (30) days of change (appointment or resignation)
Notice of Change of Address of Registered Office – to be filed within fifteen (15) days of change
Notice of Change of Secretary or Assistant Secretary – to be filed within thirty (30) days of such change (appointment or resignation)
Notice of Execution or Termination of a Unanimous Shareholders Agreement – to be filed within fifteen (15) days of execution or termination
Articles of Amendment (pertaining to any fundamental changes to the Articles) – to be filed within thirty (30) days of such change.
Penalties for Late Filing
Pursuant to the provisions of the Companies Act, 1995, it is an offence to file statutorily required corporate documents outside of the time prescribed by the Act. The Registrar shall impose a penalty in the sum of $300.00 per month or part thereof for failure to file documents within the prescribed time.

pugboy
TunerGod

Re: Trindad Company Filing Amnesty ends March 31st

Postby pugboy » March 14th, 2021, 8:28 am

i thought this amnesty was a while ago

Phone Surgeon wrote:not sure if this is posted anywhere here but to whoever it concerns

Final amnesty ends March 31st, after which I'm told they going to enforce things drastically as government money low and they looking to get $$$ from wherever possible
one of the fines is $300 PER DAY plus jailtime and 10k fine
so.....get yuh affairs in order ppl
if yuh have old companies that register years ago and you eh taking it on and it just sitting there, time to close it down

you're welcome

The Companies Registry of Trinidad and Tobago has extended the amnesty for the late filing of the below documents to March 31, 2021.

All other time sensitive forms, such as
Annual Returns

Please note that in accordance with the Companies (Amendment) Act, 2019, failure to meet the filing requirement of the Return of Beneficial Interest in the Shares of a Company by the deadline date will result in the company, every director and officer and the shareholder/beneficial owner being liable to a fine of TT$10,000 and 3 years imprisonment, plus TT$300 for each day your documents remain outstanding.

The Beneficial Owner is the natural person who is the ultimate owner of the company, or the natural person who exercises control over the company.
This requirement applies to locally incorporated limited liability companies only (not externally registered companies).

We wish to remind you that, pursuant to the provisions of the Companies Act, 1995, there are certain documents required to be filed within prescribed time frames.

Annual Return – to be filled not later than thirty (30) days after the anniversary date of incorporation, Continuance or Amalgamation – whichever is the latest
Notice of Change of Directors – to be filed within thirty (30) days of change (appointment or resignation)
Notice of Change of Address of Registered Office – to be filed within fifteen (15) days of change
Notice of Change of Secretary or Assistant Secretary – to be filed within thirty (30) days of such change (appointment or resignation)
Notice of Execution or Termination of a Unanimous Shareholders Agreement – to be filed within fifteen (15) days of execution or termination
Articles of Amendment (pertaining to any fundamental changes to the Articles) – to be filed within thirty (30) days of such change.
Pursuant to the provisions of the Companies Act, 1995, it is an offence to file statutorily required corporate documents outside of the time prescribed by the Act. The Registrar shall impose a penalty in the sum of $300.00 per month or part thereof for failure to file documents within the prescribed time.

Chimera
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Chimera » March 14th, 2021, 1:22 pm

They have been continuously extending it since early last year. Giving people time to get up to date before the hard jam

nervewrecker
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby nervewrecker » March 28th, 2021, 6:04 pm

https://www.aegistt.com/press-releases/ ... f-amnesty/

Biz Alert: Companies in Trinidad and Tobago Extension of Amnesty
Mar 16, 2021

Dear Clients and Colleagues,

The Companies Registry of Trinidad and Tobago has extended the amnesty for the late filing of the below documents to June 30, 2021.

All other time-sensitive forms, such as
Annual Returns
If you need assistance completing any of the aforementioned forms, please let us know early as we would need to make appointments to file your documents. We would be pleased to help you.

Please note that in accordance with the Companies (Amendment) Act, 2019, failure to meet the filing requirement of the Return of Beneficial Interest in the Shares of a Company by the deadline date will result in the company, every director and officer, and the shareholder/beneficial owner being liable to a fine of TT$10,000 and 3 years imprisonment, plus TT$300 for each day your documents remain outstanding.

Please contact us if you would like to discuss your business further at +1 868 625 6473 or email us at info@aegistt.com

daring dragoon
18 pounds of Boost

Postby daring dragoon » March 29th, 2021, 7:02 am

is this for sole traders also ? or just llc ? it sounds to be just LLC. any tax or business person out there can clarify ?

daring dragoon
18 pounds of Boost

Postby daring dragoon » March 29th, 2021, 7:09 am

saw this on another site so i think its just LLC

Congratulations on registering your limited liability company. Please be gently reminded that there a few post-registration considerations such as tax compliance, AML/CFT/FIU compliance for listed businesses and the filing of annual returns with the Companies Registrar every year.

Importance of an Annual Return

An Annual Return is critical to a company since this document presents a correct, updated reflection of the company’s state of affairs. This documents presents an up to date snapshot of all directors and officers of the company, share capital as well as company debts. Once this document is filed at the Companies Registry, this information will be registered with the Registrar. When conducting company business, banks and other stakeholders will request the most recent Annual Returns. From this document all present company officers and company debts can be discerned.

When should a Company file an Annual Return?

The law states that a company should file an Annual Return no later than 30 days after each anniversary date of its continuance, incorporation or amalgamation at the Companies Registrar.

What happens if a company fails or refuses to file an Annual Return?

Where a Company fails or refuses to file a document with the Registrar within the time specified in the Act, the Registrar shall be entitled to collect from that Company a penalty of one hundred dollars ($300.00) for every month or part thereof.

The Companies Act of the Republic of Trinidad and Tobago requires companies to file an Annual Return every year even if the company has not been trading. In accordance with Section 194 (1) of the Companies Act of the Republic of Trinidad and Tobago, each company must file an Annual Return no later than thirty (30) days after each anniversary date of incorporation in the applicable form. At any point, the officers of the company can change directors, corporate secretaries, issue shares or acquire loans and these changes must be captured in the Registrar’s records of the company.

The following must be updated in the Annual Returns:

(a)Name of the Company

(b)The Registered Office of Company

(c) The Anniversary date of the Company

(d) Share Capital

(e)Authorized Share Capital

(f) Details of the persons holdings shares in the company

(g) The Total amount of indebtedness of the company (loans, mortgages, charges)

(h) Updated details of all directors of the company

(i) Updated details of corporate secretaries

(j) Signature of the corporate secretary or the director

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » March 29th, 2021, 7:28 am

do 2 copies of the forms need to be carried like how the old form was ?

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » March 29th, 2021, 7:28 am

doubt for sole trader unless you registered a company

daring dragoon wrote:is this for sole traders also ? or just llc ? it sounds to be just LLC. any tax or business person out there can clarify ?

jsm1985
Sweet on this forum

Postby jsm1985 » October 3rd, 2022, 3:48 pm

Question:

Filing of Beneficial Ownership (form 45), is it required annually when submitting your annual return?

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » October 3rd, 2022, 4:03 pm

did he extend amnesty?

jsm1985
Sweet on this forum

Postby jsm1985 » October 3rd, 2022, 4:06 pm

pugboy wrote:did he extend amnesty?

Aug 2 - Dec 2, 2022

dogg
Riding on 17's

Postby dogg » October 3rd, 2022, 4:15 pm

jsm1985 wrote:

Aug 2 - Dec 2, 2022

An acquaintance hasn't filed any company documents for about 5 yrs now. Company owing over $100g in unpaid taxes.

Guy put my name as a director. I've had zero involvement in business.

Company is not functional.

How bad can it get in that situation?

jsm1985
Sweet on this forum

Postby jsm1985 » October 3rd, 2022, 4:21 pm

dogg wrote:
jsm1985 wrote:

Aug 2 - Dec 2, 2022

An acquaintance hasn't filed any company documents for about 5 yrs now. Company owing over $100g in unpaid taxes.

Now would be the time to get up to date with the amnesty. As a director I believe you're responsible for filing, best to talk to an accountant about it or get your name removed from the registration.

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » October 3rd, 2022, 5:03 pm

so it is a company which is operating and has paid taxes etc before ?

In my case I just have a name registered but company never operated or issued shares
was told they would treat it as a defunct company and I have seen notices in the papers every few years where the list the companies listed as defunct and struck off the company register.

I doubt they would do that to companies which were known to be operating and have filed taxes etc before.

dogg wrote:An acquaintance hasn't filed any company documents for about 5 yrs now. Company owing over $100g in unpaid taxes.

dogg
Riding on 17's

Postby dogg » October 4th, 2022, 1:27 pm

It was an operating company at one point . I dunno if taxes were paid. But there used to be filings.

pugboy wrote:so it is a company which is operating and has paid taxes etc before ?

In my case I just have a name registered but company never operated or issued shares
was told they would treat it as a defunct company and I have seen notices in the papers every few years where the list the companies listed as defunct and struck off the company register.

I doubt they would do that to companies which were known to be operating and have filed taxes etc before.

dogg wrote:An acquaintance hasn't filed any company documents for about 5 yrs now. Company owing over $100g in unpaid taxes.

Dave
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby Dave » October 4th, 2022, 2:13 pm

Filings doesn't equate to payments.
I suggest you get a read out from the BIR and see what is outstanding and then decide what you want to do.
It's a simple letter on the company's letterhead signed by the authorized signatories requesting same as described above.

jsm1985
Sweet on this forum

Postby jsm1985 » February 6th, 2024, 10:37 am

Have been trying to submit applications and complete associations to companies using the new online system, and the Registrar office simply isn't approving associations in a timely manner.

Trying to get this done before the amnesty ends on 14 Feb. No answer to tickets, no answer on phone calls to AGLA. Complete madness.

Does anyone know if you can submit company annual returns manually still at the AGLA Offices?

Dave
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby Dave » February 6th, 2024, 10:40 am

You can't but you are not alone and they know this.
An extension is in the air.

jsm1985
Sweet on this forum

Postby jsm1985 » February 6th, 2024, 10:54 am

Dave wrote:You can't but you are not alone and they know this.
An extension is in the air.

I hope so because this entire process is moving at a snail's pace due to having to wait on their approvals for every step of the process. The old online system was much faster and easier.

Chimera
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Chimera » February 6th, 2024, 10:57 am

a lil extension to december would be nice

dave i feel i hadda check yuh to do some accounting work for me

paid_influencer
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Postby paid_influencer » February 6th, 2024, 8:23 pm

go to the office physically and ask for assistance sometimes you might be surprised and get a solution. i donno if the processing time is still an issue i think once everything in order it goes through pretty quick like same day now

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » February 6th, 2024, 8:27 pm

i paid a guy to rectify for me since it was like 10year late

got email this month they
current filing for this company due next week

Dave
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby Dave » February 6th, 2024, 9:03 pm

Chimera wrote:a lil extension to december would be nice

dave i feel i hadda check yuh to do some accounting work for me
No problem.. always here.

You know legal affairs did a good thing. Just the initial part is extremely painful!

Even bir and the online platform is good stuff. Time for clearances to be online.

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » February 7th, 2024, 5:44 am

when I did the associations it was taking about a day.

jsm1985
Sweet on this forum

Postby jsm1985 » February 17th, 2024, 4:29 pm

Anyone knows if the amnesty was extended ?

Dave
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby Dave » February 17th, 2024, 6:19 pm

14th August,2024

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”