Forums

Economist: The country is almost broke

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

Redman
TriniTuner 24-7

Re: Economist: The country is almost broke

Postby Redman » October 14th, 2021, 7:25 am

Economist tend to be wrong half the time.

Isn't this a year over year figure?
So the 1% is off an already contracted base
Or
The numbers fudged

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » October 14th, 2021, 7:31 am

Redman wrote:Economist tend to be wrong half the time.

Or
The numbers fudged
Stop picking up for the red government, they got it wrong as usual

88sins
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby 88sins » October 14th, 2021, 7:32 am

zoom rader wrote:What Trinidad need is a lying flat movement like in China

We already have a trini version of that
The government makes it a standing tradition to lie flat out to literally everybody about literally everything.

hover11
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby hover11 » October 14th, 2021, 7:36 am

88sins wrote:

The government makes it a standing tradition to lie flat out to literally everybody about literally everything.
They don't even hide or try to mamaguy it blatant and ppl ok with it

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » October 14th, 2021, 7:44 am

88sins wrote:

It's a stance citizens need to take up with big employers.

Why work hard to make them rich when they treat you like 5hit.

Redman
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Redman » October 14th, 2021, 7:44 am

zoom rader wrote:
Redman wrote:Economist tend to be wrong half the time.

Or
The numbers fudged
Stop picking up for the red government, they got it wrong as usual

Sorry
The IMF is now PNM.

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby MaxPower » October 14th, 2021, 8:02 am

zoom rader wrote:It's a stance citizens need to take up with big employers.

As if they would work hard if you treat them good.

This country has to change it’s mentality and then we could start talking progress and change.

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » October 14th, 2021, 8:52 am

MaxPower wrote:

This country has to change it’s mentality and then we could start talking progress and change.
Studies have proven that shorter working hours is more productive.

In agv working hours in the EU 32 to 37.5 hrs a week. Norway wants to make it to 6hrs a day. How did the world arrive and dictate we must work 8 to 12 hrs

Let be real 8 hrs is not productive, most times a worker does around 3 to 5 hrs of productive work.

Covid has also proven that working long hours is bullchit. You can work at home and get the same done if an office setting

In the US low paying jobs such as fast foods has tons of vacancies now. The regular workers they had realise that covid was a blessing in disguise. Why work hard for little pay and get no benefits when you can stay home and do what you like on a minimum income.

Incomes such as gaming, YouTube, onlyfans, Instagram ect outweighs working to make other people rich.

In present time it's better and cheaper not to join the rat race. Getting married having kids, buying a house or a car makes no sense any longer. This is where the bank traps you.

Employers need to change their mindset, the newer generation not taking a crap with low paying and no benefits.

88sins
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby 88sins » October 14th, 2021, 11:58 am

MaxPower wrote:

allyuh does really get it twisted jed.
lemme break it down for allyuh.

Most employers expectations are too high, and far too many are too fullofshit or feel they too bright so they don't realize this. The first and best argument most will have is " I started this company, I took all the risks, I deserve all the rewards, if the company flops, I lose the most, so all I owe you as an employee is a salary"

They want the employee to work hard as tho the company belongs to the employee. You paying $150 a day, and expecting $15000 worth of production. First monumental mistake. For what purpose should the employee work and give their job all their efforts for the pittance of a salary that he/she is paid, while the employer nets several times more than he pays the worker off the employees labor? Does he receive a share of the company profits when he does? No. Is he otherwise compensated for his efforts? No. So, what's the incentive? The job & his salary? ok. fine, so he works according to how much he's paid and how well he's treated & incentivized within the organization. If an employer isn't happy with that, he's free to hire someone else and try (and fail) to get what he wants. So, the employee does exactly and only what he's paid to do, with exerting as little effort as he possibly can to get the job done, and even less care as regards the finished quality of the work done, because it's the only part of the employment dynamic he as an employee can control.

many employers need to either lower their dotish and unjustifiable elevated expectations, or get used to being disappointed.
because yeah, it might be your business, and yeah you might be receiving the lions share of the benefits of the business because you took all the risks. all fine & dandy. If you feel your workers SHOULDN'T work according to what they are paid and how they are treated and should give 1000% every day just like you, here's what you can do. Either pay or incentivize them better (which you very uncomfortable with & unwilling to do), or, do all the work yourself & sseee how the business goes when you don't have the bburden of "lazy employees" to deal with anymore (that you terrified to do because yuh know that without those "lazy employees, yuh business dead)

can't have your cake and eat it

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » October 14th, 2021, 12:20 pm

88sins wrote:
MaxPower wrote:

allyuh does really get it twisted jed.
lemme break it down for allyuh.

Most employers expectations are too high, and far too many are too fullofshit or feel they too bright so they don't realize this. The first and best argument most will have is " I started this company, I took all the risks, I deserve all the rewards, if the company flops, I lose the most, so all I owe you as an employee is a salary"

They want the employee to work hard as tho the company belongs to the employee. You paying $150 a day, and expecting $15000 worth of production. First monumental mistake. For what purpose should the employee work and give their job all their efforts for the pittance of a salary that he/she is paid, while the employer nets several times more than he pays the worker off the employees labor? Does he receive a share of the company profits when he does? No. Is he otherwise compensated for his efforts? No. So, what's the incentive? The job & his salary? ok. fine, so he works according to how much he's paid and how well he's treated & incentivized within the organization. If an employer isn't happy with that, he's free to hire someone else and try (and fail) to get what he wants. So, the employee does exactly and only what he's paid to do, with exerting as little effort as he possibly can to get the job done, and even less care as regards the finished quality of the work done, because it's the only part of the employment dynamic he as an employee can control.

many employers need to either lower their dotish and unjustifiable elevated expectations, or get used to being disappointed.
because yeah, it might be your business, and yeah you might be receiving the lions share of the benefits of the business because you took all the risks. all fine & dandy. If you feel your workers SHOULDN'T work according to what they are paid and how they are treated and should give 1000% every day just like you, here's what you can do. Either pay or incentivize them better (which you very uncomfortable with & unwilling to do), or, do all the work yourself & sseee how the business goes when you don't have the bburden of "lazy employees" to deal with anymore (that you terrified to do because yuh know that without those "lazy employees, yuh business dead)

can't have your cake and eat it
It's time Trinis wake up and smell the bull.

Working in Trinidad makes no sense

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby MaxPower » October 14th, 2021, 12:25 pm

The majority of Trinis are LAZY period regardless of how you treat them.

Too many fishing for reasons NOT to work and always looking to BLAME others.

Ask the Trinis that made it successfully and bettered themselves and their lives.

Ask the Trinis that endured all the hardships and worked hard for themselves….for self accomplishment.

Yes, the conditions were crap, the pay was crap, the employer was crap, but they made it through and showed THEMSELVES that THEY CAN DO IT.

Why can’t others do the same? Why? Because they are only waiting like jackasses for that perfect job with the bess pay and a cool boss to walkover….so in the meantime….just work like utter sheit until their dreamland door opens up.

Where is the strength? Do we show our strength ONLY for nice and comfortable times? It’s the ones that work the hardest progress the furthest.

You cannot expect to have the thinking “oh i am a hard worker yunno but i dont want to work hard under these conditions. But i am really a good worker”. Yeh in allyuh ass and allyuh only fooling yourself. Blasted laziness.

Too many complaining and excuses and this is why Trinis will always be typical Trinis. So, continue and stay in one place for the rest of your life.

Others that WANT and HAVE to work are moving forward.

88sins
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby 88sins » October 14th, 2021, 12:42 pm

MaxPower wrote:The majority of Trinis are LAZY period regardless of how you treat them.

Ask the Trinis that made it successfully and bettered themselves and their lives.

Ask the Trinis that endured all the hardships and worked hard for themselves….for self accomplishment.

Yes, the conditions were crap, the pay was crap, the employer was crap, but they made it through and showed THEMSELVES that THEY CAN DO IT.

Why can’t others do the same? Why? Because they are only waiting like jackasses for that perfect job with the bess pay and a cool boss to walkover….so in the meantime….just work like utter sheit until their dreamland door opens up.

Where is the strength? Do we show our strength ONLY for nice and comfortable times? It’s the ones that work the hardest progress the furthest.

You cannot expect to have the thinking “oh i am a hard worker yunno but i dont want to work hard under these conditions. But i am really a good worker”. Yeh in allyuh ass and allyuh only fooling yourself. Blasted laziness.

Too many complaining and excuses and this is why Trinis will always be typical Trinis. So, continue and stay in one place for the rest of your life.

A company has one owner, and he hires 1000 workers, and said company has a labor turnover rate of 500% p.a., & eventually the owner comes to the conclusion that the entire workforce pool is "lazy & don't want to work"
Sound familiar?

now, ask yourself the question
In the equation, what are the constants? & what are the odds that the constants are not the cause of the problem?

choosing the wrong ppl for a job is just as big a mistake as it is to undervalue and expect too much from your workforce, and BOTH those things are duties the owner alone have authority of & responsibility for.

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » October 14th, 2021, 1:07 pm

MaxPower wrote:The majority of Trinis are LAZY period regardless of how you treat them.

Make little sense working in Trinidad, exploration, overworked and underpaid.

Trinis look to
1. migrate or live minimalist lifestyle.
2. legally avoid pay any taxes.
3 . Don't get married it's serves no purpose and costly
4 . Don't have kids it's costly
5. No loans, cut up your credit cards.
6. Live of the grid
7. Eat little,.no 1% fast foods.
8. Do minimum work to survive
9. Sell stuff you have no use for
10. Don't keep up with lalsingh or Qwame
11. Ditch useless people
12. Husle your own business work for yourself

Redman
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Redman » October 14th, 2021, 1:08 pm

You have crappy employers and crappy employees.

The employer/owners job is to avoid bringing in the wrong people.
Employees need to work for the right people

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » October 14th, 2021, 1:16 pm

Redman wrote:You have crappy employers and crappy employees.

The employer/owners job is to avoid bringing in the wrong people.
Employees need to work for the right people
You get crappy employees when they are over qualified for a job.

The employer feels by hiring over qualified staff they will produce more when in fact the employee gets bored and frustrated. There are umpteen studies on this.

Crappy employers hire outdated HR personnel who apply stone age employment practices . I know this as I have been though many interviews.

The MAIN breakdown in Trinidad is hiring through the back door, link, or red government pull strings like creating a position for Imbert son to work Cal.

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby MaxPower » October 14th, 2021, 1:30 pm

88sins wrote:

A company has one owner, and he hires 1000 workers, and said company has a labor turnover rate of 500% p.a., & eventually the owner comes to the conclusion that the entire workforce pool is "lazy & don't want to work"
Sound familiar?

In the equation, what are the constants? & what are the odds that the constants are not the cause of the problem?

choosing the wrong ppl for a job is just as big a mistake as it is to undervalue and expect too much from your workforce, and BOTH those things are duties the owner alone have authority of & responsibility for.

All agreed 88.

So, out of that 1000 workers, how many STILL came to work ON TIME, performed to the best of their ability and even went the extra mile?

Now ask yourselves where are THOSE workers and where are the others who rightfully chose to do nothing because of the oh so harsh conditions.

I can guarantee you that those that made the sacrifices regardless of the working conditions are better off than the others today.

Me…….NO employer before i had my lil small businesses now could tell me that i was lazy and inefficient. Regardless of how they treated me, paying my $8/hr salary LATE, stalling to pay overtime, adding work upon work……i was there fighting to make ends meet and building my career, life and reputation. There is nothing that pleased me more when i respectfully resigned and the boss man came begging for me to stay and i told him he treat me like utter sheit, and i never stooped to his level or the company’s. I told him all my hardships and family problems i was going through and STILL got his job done. In other words, i told him to firetruck off in a professional way.

Employers dont break me padna, i does break them.

This is the mindset Trinis need.

We have to keep pushing, we have to keep working for what we want in life even if it means we have to live and work in sheit a little.

Know your worth, and show your worth, and not selectively.

88sins
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby 88sins » October 14th, 2021, 3:03 pm

MaxPower wrote:
88sins wrote:

Sound familiar?

All agreed 88.
So, out of that 1000 workers, how many STILL came to work ON TIME, performed to the best of their ability and even went the extra mile?
Now ask yourselves where are THOSE workers and where are the others who rightfully chose to do nothing because of the oh so harsh conditions.

I can guarantee you that those that made the sacrifices regardless of the working conditions are better off than the others today.
Me…….NO employer before i had my lil small businesses now could tell me that i was lazy and inefficient. Regardless of how they treated me, paying my $8/hr salary LATE, stalling to pay overtime, adding work upon work……i was there fighting to make ends meet and building my career, life and reputation. There is nothing that pleased me more when i respectfully resigned and the boss man came begging for me to stay and i told him he treat me like utter sheit, and i never stooped to his level or the company’s. I told him all my hardships and family problems i was going through and STILL got his job done. In other words, i told him to firetruck off in a professional way.

Employers dont break me padna, i does break them.

This is the mindset Trinis need.

We have to keep pushing, we have to keep working for what we want in life even if it means we have to live and work in sheit a little.

Know your worth, and show your worth, and not selectively.

Actually, this is where you are wrong.
For starters, in my example, NOBODY remains with the company, all staff spend approximately 2.4 months before leaving.

Secondly, there is little reason for showing your worth constantly to someone that has consistently shown you that they do not value your efforts.
If you work for me for 1500/month & I tell you & show you that I don't consider you to be important to my organization, and that I don't need you, and that you will stay in that position and at that salary for as long as you there or until I get a chance to fire you, how long you think going to stay? First opportunity you see to get a better paying job or one with better benefits, you gone.

All I would say is this
IF you want to climb within a company as an employee, look for a critical opportunity to show your skill and willingness to better the company and yourself. Not just once, but a couple times, and make sure that your contributions & the benefits that came from them are known, as well as you should seek to get qualified for & experience in whatever position you are looking at.
That way if an ungrateful unappreciative employer chooses to ignore your contributions, you are already in a position to seek better employment elsewhere, and IF he implies or infers that you are of little to no value, you can remind him about your prior contributions and that they were valuable enough for him to jump to implement, while he himself failed to be the the one to think of them.
They'll probably feel a bit ashamed or embarrassed, but you eh lie & you did nothing wrong, and THEN you can say ok, I am going to work according to what I earn, and if you barely paying, I barely doing the job you barely paying me to do. That simple.

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”