Forums

Advice on machinery

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

supercharged turbo
punchin NOS

Advice on machinery

Postby supercharged turbo » April 13th, 2021, 11:24 am

As the title says,I'm looking for some advice on a machinery purchase.I'm getting a deal on one of those mini backhoe.The guy is selling the mini backhoe which was brought in by his father but his father has since passed away.They brought in the equipment with some foreign used parts in a container.

I don't plan to register the backhoe for road use or anything like that,as it will be transported to and from the jobsite.My main concern is I don't want to invest my money into it and then later on there is some family dispute and police by my doorstep looking for the equipment.I believe they are in the process of going through the probate(I could be wrong on this) but I just want to safeguard myself and not lose my money.

Any advice would be much appreciated.Thanks in advance

hustla_ambition101
TriniTuner 24-7

Re: Advice on machinery

Postby hustla_ambition101 » April 13th, 2021, 2:34 pm

If there is indeed any matters of probate wait til its done. Worst is to spend money on an item then somebody grandfather friend cousin dog left testicle approach you with a claim that its theirs and the seller didnt have permission

pjfred
Trinituner Peong

Postby pjfred » April 13th, 2021, 8:40 pm

Correct
hustla_ambition101 wrote:If there is indeed any matters of probate wait til its done. Worst is to spend money on an item then somebody grandfather friend cousin dog left testicle approach you with a claim that its theirs and the seller didnt have permission

supercharged turbo
punchin NOS

Postby supercharged turbo » April 13th, 2021, 9:30 pm

The seller is the only legal next of kin but I get what you're saying.I know they hadda go through the probate just to make sure everything is legally in their name

VII
punchin NOS

Postby VII » April 13th, 2021, 9:55 pm

Mini backhoe or mini excavator ? And police cannot show up on your doorstep if it was a legitimate transaction with next of kin,only a court can decide that,and the fact that it isn't registered and doesnt require to be transferred makes it even better..

The biggest determining factor at this point would be the price, if the price is REAL good it may be worth the risk as you can easily recoup your investment in short time,so I ask again is it a backhoe with tyres or a tracked excavator ?

If it's a backhoe is it a jcb btw ? Bear in mind such backhoes are very limited in what they can do and is more suited as a jobsite tool for a general contractor etc than an earthmoving tool for an earthworks contractor looking for performance and capability to be able to charge a lil 10-15k and mash up a lil wuk in a 2-3 days ,mini exacavtors on the other hand are little giants that you can make serious money with if you know you stuff.. that's where you can charge excavator rates because no matter the size excavators can go where nothing else can and create useable land where nothing else could..

Those lil backhoes maybe good to dig small house foundations ,small irrigation trenches ,manage small sites and supplement other machines, but if you're looking to make good money with earthworks you gotta go the excavator route..

You can do an easy 40-50 k a month with a good mini with a good operator with good visibility of your offerings..you could start off with a day rate so you can see what the machine can do in a day but after that charge job rates..

supercharged turbo wrote:As the title says,I'm looking for some advice on a machinery purchase.I'm getting a deal on one of those mini backhoe.The guy is selling the mini backhoe which was brought in by his father but his father has since passed away.They brought in the equipment with some foreign used parts in a container.

I don't plan to register the backhoe for road use or anything like that,as it will be transported to and from the jobsite.My main concern is I don't want to invest my money into it and then later on there is some family dispute and police by my doorstep looking for the equipment.I believe they are in the process of going through the probate(I could be wrong on this) but I just want to safeguard myself and not lose my money.

Team Loco
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby Team Loco » April 14th, 2021, 7:56 am

properly research it before purchase

Cantmis
punchin NOS

Postby Cantmis » April 14th, 2021, 10:51 am

Lawyer

supercharged turbo
punchin NOS

Postby supercharged turbo » April 14th, 2021, 1:16 pm

Yeah it's one of those mini JCB backhoe with tyres.They have a mini Komatsu excavator with the rubber tracks as well but they aren't too keen on selling it.

This is a totally new field that I'm thinking about going into mainly because of the price for the backhoe.I"ll try to see if they are willing to sell the excavator instead.
VII wrote:Mini backhoe or mini excavator ? And police cannot show up on your doorstep if it was a legitimate transaction with next of kin,only a court can decide that,and the fact that it isn't registered and doesnt require to be transferred makes it even better..

The biggest determining factor at this point would be the price, if the price is REAL good it may be worth the risk as you can easily recoup your investment in short time,so I ask again is it a backhoe with tyres or a tracked excavator ?

If it's a backhoe is it a jcb btw ? Bear in mind such backhoes are very limited in what they can do and is more suited as a jobsite tool for a general contractor etc than an earthmoving tool for an earthworks contractor looking for performance and capability to be able to charge a lil 10-15k and mash up a lil wuk in a 2-3 days ,mini exacavtors on the other hand are little giants that you can make serious money with if you know you stuff.. that's where you can charge excavator rates because no matter the size excavators can go where nothing else can and create useable land where nothing else could..

Those lil backhoes maybe good to dig small house foundations ,small irrigation trenches ,manage small sites and supplement other machines, but if you're looking to make good money with earthworks you gotta go the excavator route..

You can do an easy 40-50 k a month with a good mini with a good operator with good visibility of your offerings..you could start off with a day rate so you can see what the machine can do in a day but after that charge job rates..

supercharged turbo wrote:As the title says,I'm looking for some advice on a machinery purchase.I'm getting a deal on one of those mini backhoe.The guy is selling the mini backhoe which was brought in by his father but his father has since passed away.They brought in the equipment with some foreign used parts in a container.

VII
punchin NOS

Postby VII » April 14th, 2021, 4:00 pm

Komatsu are beautiful machines,personally had 2 ,a 22 ton (PC220)and a 3 ton (PC30) sold them to help fund some more specialized pieces of equipment etc in the pursuit of much bigger returns......plan to get a couple replacements in the future if all goes well, I even learned to operate my own machines, had some great times doing that..

One of most stress relieving things operating a good machine with ac and a cooler with cold drinks etc in the bush or on a mountain somewhere or demolishing a building...pure fun..

Lemme know the type of machine they have, should be a 'PC'......PC28 PC30 etc..

supercharged turbo wrote:Yeah it's one of those mini JCB backhoe with tyres.They have a mini Komatsu excavator with the rubber tracks as well but they aren't too keen on selling it.

This is a totally new field that I'm thinking about going into mainly because of the price for the backhoe.I"ll try to see if they are willing to sell the excavator instead.
VII wrote:Mini backhoe or mini excavator ? And police cannot show up on your doorstep if it was a legitimate transaction with next of kin,only a court can decide that,and the fact that it isn't registered and doesnt require to be transferred makes it even better..

supercharged turbo
punchin NOS

Postby supercharged turbo » April 14th, 2021, 8:57 pm

Will do

Ted_v2
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Ted_v2 » April 18th, 2021, 1:13 pm

them thing is tears yes, i did some work one a 303CR i think? plenty spitful people didn't like the owner, someone take a piece of steel and pong it into the main harness and cut all the wires, I rewired it myself, simple. thing light up on fire and nearly bun down, tracks is money, pumps are money, maintenance easy and repairs even easier.

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”