Post-Covid Plans?!??!

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

FrankChag
Riding on 16's

Re: Post-Covid Plans?!??!

Postby FrankChag » June 7th, 2021, 2:14 am

elec2020 wrote:consider emigrating

doy, love home, but was already getting fed up of little TT pre covid. Taking the fams for vacations to potential immigration locations, and diveout before 2030^^.

daring dragoon
18 pounds of Boost

Postby daring dragoon » June 7th, 2021, 3:37 am

i hope them doubles men and other food service handlers continue to wear their mask when serving food. doubles men tend to talk when leaning over the doubles box. but mask wearing, sanitizer and washing everything before taking it inside i dont see going away soon for me, this is something to continue to prevent even the common cold,

daring dragoon
18 pounds of Boost

Re: Post Covid Plans?!??!

Postby daring dragoon » June 7th, 2021, 3:49 am

paid_influencer wrote:
daring dragoon wrote:Organizing for the next pandemic in 2030. Seems every 10 years it comeup. 2000 was sars, 2010 swine flu, 2020 bat flu,2030 ......zombie apocolypse.

bossman know the scene. doh forget we have hurricane and political and economic instability here too. mud volcano might erupt

1.nasa to find aline life in 3 years time. it will come crashing down to the earth, alien virus, wake the dead..... zombie apocalypse.
2. war with china over bring the world to its knees, china and US attempt to reanimate dead soldiers......zombie apocalypse.
4. the poor will rise up in a few years after unbearable suffering from post covid ecomony and the middle class with join them as they too also become poor but they already take the astro zenica, sinosauce, JJ vaccine while the 1% take pyzer, maderna and they just activate the gene therapy in the astro, soy sauce,jj and we all become submizzive like we walking dead and after a few years .... zombie apolcaypse.

shake d livin wake d dead
TunerGod

Postby shake d livin wake d dead » June 7th, 2021, 6:09 am

Your views on the workplace, ethics, be in office etc?? If is one thing covid showed us, we dont need to be in the office to get the job done!!!. A lot more productivity for those folks who can manage to get the job done from home.

Imo working from home(where it applies) should remain. Traffic ease up for sure!, less hassle etc

timelapse
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby timelapse » June 7th, 2021, 6:26 am

I considering getting back into the music scene as an artiste.

Redman
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Redman » June 7th, 2021, 8:09 am

shake d livin wake d dead wrote:Your views on the workplace, ethics, be in office etc?? If is one thing covid showed us, we dont need to be in the office to get the job done!!!. A lot more productivity for those folks who can manage to get the job done from home.

Imo working from home(where it applies) should remain. Traffic ease up for sure!, less hassle etc

I think this is a big change for the real estate market.We have a significant reduction in demand that isn't really economy related.
Why would x company support the cost...capital and operating to keep underutilized assets like office space.?
Businesses would have taken the plunge to virtualize...and by the time we open up have adapted and settled.
Who here wants to start back the commute ?

How permanent do you think work from home is here?
Less fuel less wear and tear on vehicles...
Food sales, etc etc etc

elec2020
12 pounds of Boost

Postby elec2020 » June 7th, 2021, 8:31 am

Redman wrote:
shake d livin wake d dead wrote:Your views on the workplace, ethics, be in office etc?? If is one thing covid showed us, we dont need to be in the office to get the job done!!!. A lot more productivity for those folks who can manage to get the job done from home.

I think this is a big change for the real estate market.We have a significant reduction in demand that isn't really economy related.
Why would x company support the cost...capital and operating to keep underutilized assets like office space.?
Businesses would have taken the plunge to virtualize...and by the time we open up have adapted and settled.

Food sales, etc etc etc

You would assume each business that has put in place proper arrangements for its staff to do work from home (like laptop equipment, private and secure VPNs, videoconferencing services, etc) would have spent a large sum of money to do so. If such it does not make sense to go back to 8-4, 5 days a week on-site presence. They may have it as 2/3 days a week being on-site. Which is fair enough.

elec2020
12 pounds of Boost

Postby elec2020 » June 7th, 2021, 8:39 am

FrankChag wrote:
elec2020 wrote:consider emigrating

doy, love home, but was already getting fed up of little TT pre covid. Taking the fams for vacations to potential immigration locations, and diveout before 2030^^.

I have no kids so it was always something I could do if I want to. Pick up and emigrate. I reached out to immigration offices for Canada and the UK and they both appeared enthusiastic for me to follow through with them. No surprise as the bigger countries will be pushing hard to recover asap given the level of fiscal injections that took place to stabilise themselves over the pandemic. As well as the lives lost (losing experienced workers) and the disruptions in education (resulting in questionable graduates). Added to that, imo, the economic realities (high debt to gdp ratio, slow recovery, a stuttering private sector, high inflation, high unemployment, etc) for tnt are grim. So its an option.

Dizzy28
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Dizzy28 » June 7th, 2021, 9:17 am

Redman wrote:

Food sales, etc etc etc

One of my brother-in-laws the company he works for went fully WFH after last year's lockdown. They were a 30-50 employee company. They use one of those hot desk sites in PoS for meetings if needed but other than that every body are at home. In fact the office chair I am using now as I WFH is furniture that remained after the staff of the had their pick. Had I had more space I would have taken a desk.

A flipside is salaries are less than before due to the nature of their industry and its impact from Covid however people now do not have a commute cost. The impact of the company having no rent to pay is not yet felt as they would have had to break a lease this year.

Redman
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Redman » June 7th, 2021, 9:27 am

Yes financial year end the questions will be asked- and whether its cheaper to continue or break lease.

And how does impact real estate-as now places might be empty for longer.

redmanjp
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby redmanjp » June 7th, 2021, 9:50 am

Redman wrote:

I think this is a big change for the real estate market. We have a significant reduction in demand that isn't really economy related.

Food sales, etc etc etc

i think a hybrid approach would or should continue. some ppl go in to office. some work from home.

yes less gas, wear and tear, less traffic if u do have to go in and more time to be productive and be with family. less carbon emissions too!

Habit7
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Habit7 » June 7th, 2021, 9:51 am

Going back to the gym although all the lighter weights in the gym will be occupied.
Company trips abroad
Not wearing a mask

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Post-Covid Plans?!??!

Postby MaxPower » June 7th, 2021, 10:10 am

Our Post-Covid plans should be to avoid allowing a virus to get out of control again.

We have to stop assuming that the vaccination is a green light to get complacent, and even if Covid is totally under control, we must plan ahead to be READY and NOT allow another virus to get a 3000 mile head start.

We must reiterate and continue to reiterate the importance of basic virus prevention in every sector and most importantly our educational system.

Do not let the upcoming generation be the jackasses that we were.

redmanjp
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby redmanjp » June 7th, 2021, 12:45 pm

max that includes locking off ALL borders eh. no more illegals coming through.

mero
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Postby mero » June 7th, 2021, 12:58 pm

Hadda go a proper send off zess for K-Lion and Rebel Sixx

Soul Collector
12 pounds of Boost

Postby Soul Collector » June 7th, 2021, 1:05 pm

timelapse wrote:I considering getting back into the music scene as an artiste.

You produce? Sing? And please doe say soca, lol

eliteauto
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby eliteauto » June 7th, 2021, 9:12 pm

Looking forward to other people returning to their pre-covid lifestyles

Dohplaydat
punchin NOS

Postby Dohplaydat » June 7th, 2021, 9:14 pm

Soul Collector wrote:

What wrong with soca? You know how much rock men (probably not that much but I know 3) making soca or playing with soca bands on the side?

Soul Collector
12 pounds of Boost

Postby Soul Collector » June 7th, 2021, 9:47 pm

Dohplaydat wrote:
Soul Collector wrote:

What wrong with soca? You know how much rock men (probably not that much but I know 3) making soca or playing with soca bands on the side?

Nothing wrong with it. I just don't get much enjoyment out of it personally and only said it in jest.

I really can't remember but a local guy I used to follow who in the rock scene did some soca collabs which was pretty good. A local DJ friend who is heavy in the underground dance music scene puts out loads of roadmarch mixes and popular local soca artists approach him to produce for them. Now when he puts those out, then I am all ears because anything he does, I enjoy. It doesn't matter the genre to me really, it's once I am able to find things in it I like and enjoy and can go back to.

Edit - Hold dat! Razorshop on d scene.

timelapse
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby timelapse » June 8th, 2021, 6:27 am

Used to be in a local rock band, kinda emo /post hardcore vibes.I sing and play several instruments.
I venturing into industrial metal.Been learning a lot of different production skills while lockdown going on.Dont get me wrong, I love my numetal and some of the classic rock music, but industrial is what calls to me the most.
Soul Collector wrote:

Dave
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby Dave » June 8th, 2021, 6:47 am

Keep the music alive man!

FrankChag
Riding on 16's

Postby FrankChag » June 8th, 2021, 6:50 am

timelapse wrote:Used to be in a local rock band, kinda emo /post hardcore vibes.I sing and play several instruments.
I venturing into industrial metal.Been learning a lot of different production skills while lockdown going on.Dont get me wrong, I love my numetal and some of the classic rock music, but industrial is what calls to me the most.
Soul Collector wrote:

noise noise noise

timelapse
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby timelapse » June 8th, 2021, 6:55 am

https://youtu.be/XVdjnE-Pprs
Similar style.My vocals will be different

Soul Collector
12 pounds of Boost

Postby Soul Collector » June 8th, 2021, 4:49 pm

timelapse wrote:Used to be in a local rock band, kinda emo /post hardcore vibes.I sing and play several instruments.
Soul Collector wrote:

That is friggin awesome bro! Wonder if I know anything from you lol...not heavy into the local rock scene as I never heard much I liked. Only metal I could say I dig a lot locally is from Mindscape Laboratory - everything on point. And Industrial yuh say there...never got into that much but cool! I'm more of a doom/folk/melo death kinda guy. Saw from another thread that you deal with Grasslabs. I feel we have to link up some time know.

These 2 - Vasty and Genericism are my favourites from them altho they came out with lots of newer stuff but these only on soundcloud.
https://soundcloud.com/mindscape-laboratory/vasty-1
https://soundcloud.com/mindscape-laboratory/genericism

Dave wrote:Keep the music alive man!

Music brings people together. A universal language!

Soul Collector
12 pounds of Boost

Postby Soul Collector » June 8th, 2021, 5:02 pm

I almost forgot the other metal band I like from trini fuss quality metal rare here...and I have padnas in it too eh...shame lol

Transverse previously known as Aurora Borealis. They have newer refreshed stuff in the works....it's going to be worth the wait :twisted:

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby MaxPower » June 8th, 2021, 6:56 pm

Bazodi - In your way

You remember this tune?

timelapse
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby timelapse » June 8th, 2021, 8:09 pm

Not the tune, but I know those guys well, especially the drummer Horace/Anson.He taught me guitar very early on in my playing.
MaxPower wrote:

Bazodi - In your way

You remember this tune?

shake d livin wake d dead
TunerGod

Postby shake d livin wake d dead » July 29th, 2021, 10:17 pm

May not be our plan but this may be the new trend going forward
Attachments
IMG-20210729-WA0172.jpg

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”